Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Big Fat Ambush

• Start Topic

I don't know if anyone else commented on this but yet more involuntary heaving was done by me when Nada was leaving & Whit licked her finger and rubbed something off Nada's face. Food, if I remember correctly. She's not two years old and you are not her mother! Jesus!!! 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Welcome to this forum!  Maybe Whit will get married and make it to Four Weddings.

AuntJessssssss!  She would bitch about the other brides food.  Not enough.  Oh and that she wasn't the center of attention.  "And she just walked down the aisle and didn't even acknowledge me sitting in the pew.  Here I was, in tears thinking about how I almost got married (even though I really didn't want to at the time, I still could have gotten married) and how this could be MY wedding and she just stood there like it's her special day or something.  She didn't even ask me to do the first dance!  I could have done a contemporary number and she didn't even let me".

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Nancypants said:

Woulda been more fun if she had ordered a pizza while she was there. 

Maybe she was using one of her 4 pizza apps to order one while sitting in her undies on the couch . . . "I want this delivered in 30 minutes to my house."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe she was using one of her 4 pizza apps to order one while sitting in her undies on the couch . . . "I want this delivered in 30 minutes to my house."

I still just can't even with that whole display. I mean really. How crass. I can't even IMAGINE doing something like that.

• Love 2
On 1/27/2018 at 3:50 PM, Alapaki said:

I've been thinking about this myself.  I can't recall whether the scare was being diagnosed as "diabetic" or "pre-diabetic" (but, either way; c'mon!)

I think the disappearance of that "issue" is emblematic of why so many folks here (myself included) describe being originally interested in the show and favorable towards Whitney, but not are purely in hate-watch mode.

That storyline was in line with what the show as originally pitched as: a very big woman who nevertheless was active and healthy (at least by some medical metrics).  And if someone of Whitney's Season 1 size could have a normal blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar, that would indeed be worthy of depiction.

The fact that we haven't heard anything about that since suggests to me that either her numbers are completely off the charts now, or those numbers from Season 1 were bullshit to begin with and they can't find any doctor willing to play along anymore.

She was in pre-diabetic range. But in season 1 (I think) it talks about her being insulin resistant which is code for "next stop: diabetes" barring changing eating habits and exercise habits.

• Love 3
On 1/28/2018 at 6:31 PM, gigiann said:

ETA:. The dr she saw at Urgent Care for her panic attack looked a lot like the dr she saw when she had a foot injury.

It was probably the same Urgent care facility. Poor doc is probably thinking "Oh Jesus not this bitch again!"

• Love 1

"pre-diabetic" is a misnomer.  If you're on the upper end, it's a way to pretend you aren't already diabetic.  If the insulin resistance is serious enough, she's effectively diabetic and is having issues from chronic inflammation.  I'm sure that's where she is from everything we've learned about her.  Especially if she hasn't kept up with Will and is eating crap.

To me, a bigger issue is whether her obesity has led to cancer yet.  That's her greatest danger.   Especially if she hasn't kept up with Will and is eating crap.

I don't wish any of this on her parents.

• Love 4
On 1/21/2018 at 7:40 PM, Elizzikra said:

It is - it's just not weight bearing exercise. But physical therapists will move a patient's limbs around to stretch muscles when they can't move them alone.

My yoga partner and I will do that to each other when we need to really push into a stretch beyond the point that we can do alone - the combined extra push can really extend the flexibility. It feels great and lets us both grow the limits of where we can stretch alone, so as we keep doing it we keep getting more capable. It also feels really good when one of us (or both, we take turns) is really tense  or tight because of another workout like lifting heavy or a hard run.

On 1/24/2018 at 1:09 PM, monagatuna said:

Oh god, what do you think the Fat Activism community has to say about THIS sculpture? I bet there are some gems indeed.

I've seen some reactions to it from Tumblr. They hate it and find it to be another example of fat shaming and rail against it because it suggests that it's both possible and desirable to go from fat to fit, and it implies that a fat body is a prison to escape from.

Having gone from fat to endurance athlete, it is a prison and I did escape and I couldn't be happier about it.

• Love 7

Wow... Twit was downright cruel to Nada. Cruel. That was some sadistic mental and physical treatment with the flirtation and physicality and then the hike and torturing her to confront Avi when it was abundantly clear that Nada was in no state to do it.

Shitney tortured her for her own amusement. Could she be any more awful?

• Love 4
On 3/4/2018 at 4:27 PM, cherenkov said:

Wow... Twit was downright cruel to Nada. Cruel. That was some sadistic mental and physical treatment with the flirtation and physicality and then the hike and torturing her to confront Avi when it was abundantly clear that Nada was in no state to do it.

Shitney tortured her for her own amusement. Could she be any more awful?

The production crew was there, no doubt egging it on. 

• Love 1