Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Big Fat Ambush

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, John M said:

So now you are stalking and harassing the guy? With a film crew. Way to take the low ground on a guy who was cheating on you.

There's a book and movie Twit needs to take a gander at. "He's Just Not That Into You."

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

I thought I heard 8 miles. My fault.

As usual, I'm 'watching' this with my back turned. Why would you ask for a chair on a hiking trail? And where did they get one? 

No worries.  I was only half watching as well so I wasn't sure.

I'm in decent shape, but 8 miles would be a challenge for me.

• Love 1

It's beyond pathetic how much effort Whitney is putting into tracking down a cheating ex. We get it, he's a jerk, but your obsession is even sadder. A strong confident fabulous women would let the loser go, not track down his other ex's and stalk him with a tv crew. 

• Love 20

Poor Nada. Twit is just making it worse for her by dragging her into this crazy, delusional drama. Of course she wants to know why he did this but sometimes shit happens and there isn't a why. You have to suck it up and just chalk it up to experience and him being a shithole and move on. Twit's insanity isn't helping that and it's giving Nada a horrible example of how to handle this kind of situation or how to handle a let-down. 

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

I would love it if Avi delivered the final crushing blow to Whitney by starting his own Big Girl Dance Class.

Be the ideal way for him to meet a lot of BBW :)

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Go ahead Whitney, just grab her phone, demand to hear her messages. And you know she’s just burning with jealousy that this cheater gave more affection to these other women. Jesus, this is so pathetic. 

Yes Twit, the only reason he's contacting Nada is because he's afraid of you and all your power. Couldn't be that he's just not really interested in you now that he's seen that you have the potential to boil the bunny.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Also you are not these women's saviour, just stop embarrassing yourself and these broken hearted women.

Yes! Whitney acts like she’s doing this heroic thing, tracking all these women, bringing them together and making them rehash their “trauma”. I’m embarrassed on their behalf. And Whitney has the balls to pontificate on how Nada struggles with her health?! Sit the fuck down Twit! 

• Love 22

They were all so lonely and desperate that they all fell in love with and gave this man they barely know thousands of dollars because he pretended to be interested in them.

Real head scratcher here, hopefully they got to the bottom of this mystery of why he did what he did!

Edited by John M
  • Love 22

Gawd. I feel sorry for Nada. 1. Shitney looked like she was going to pounce on her several times.  2. Nada has growth on her thighs. She needs Dr. Now stat!  3. She had to sleep in the same bed with Shitney. I hope she slept with one eye open.

The other thing is I saw the pig and my thought is pig roast. Hell, that sucker is just ready to be put on the spit.

I'm shocked Donna is on tv.  I'm guessing she won't massage Shitney anymore without some screen time?

Edited by greekmom
it's Nada. Not Nadia.
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, John M said:

They were all so lonely and desperate that they all fell in love with and gave this man they barely know thousands of dollars because he pretended to be interested in them.

Real head scratcher here, hopefully they got to the bottom of this mystery of why he did what he did!

No lie. And the woman who said she couldn't pay rent because she'd lent money to Avi - please, ladies. I worked with a woman who mentioned she'd met a guy and it wasn't 20 minutes later, he was asking her for money. And she gave it to him! I told her that people show us who they are when we meet them (I'm sure Avi did as well, these women just didn't want to see it). Any man who would ask a strange woman for money was not going to be the boyfriend of her dreams. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Whit: Nada owes you nothing. Nada, talk to him privately, get the explanation you so desperately seek.

The thing is, there IS no explanation that could possibly satisfy her.  What could he say? "It was all a mistake. I got in over my head with these other women because I was too nice a guy to say 'no,' and I nevernevernever meant to hurt you. You are the love of my life and I am now in intensive therapy to learn how to be an honest, faithful and truthful husband to you and you alone. Please forgive me or I will never forgive myself."  His real explanation would probably sound more like, "I dunno, I guess I'm just attracted to a lot of very wonderful women. I don't recall ever promising to be exclusive with you and I certainly don't think I ever actually asked you to marry me, did I? I'm sorry you got a bit ahead of yourself, but it wasn't my fault. So, um, good luck and have a nice life."

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I'm in ok shape and 8 miles seems long to me...that is what.? 14 k? I could do that fairly easily but it seems impossible for those two.

0.8 as in Point 8 miles...8/10ths lol lol lol

Yes well That girl is in horrendous shape for such a young lady. So very sad. 

• Love 7

I don't know if Nada really wants to lose weight or if she is into the big girl thing like Whit. I heard her say that she went to England and lost 100 lbs. and then gained weight back (which is what will happen when you drink shakes - ask Oprah).  The thing is, a lot of Arab guys don't mind a plumper woman (don't ask me how I know). Plump - not morbidly obese. Maybe she'll never be thin, but if she dropped about 200 lbs, she'd still probably weigh 200 something, but the Cairo guys would be lining up at the door.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, writerchick57 said:

she has a smell fetish, she smells everything, Roy, placenta, cats, etc...Lennie was the only one who refused to let her smell him

She smelled the beard.  He drew the line at the pits though :D

12 minutes ago, Kid said:

Nada is Egyptian but has no accent.  Yeah, she’s Egyptian.

With the current turmoil in Egypt it skews perceptions but there are plenty of wealthy people in Egypt and Nada's family is almost certainly among them. Also a lot of non-native speakers of English learn British English but it's not THAT rare for people to choose to learn American English. It's entirely possible that Nada attended an American school in Egypt and was fully immersed in American English for most of her life.

• Love 12

How many colors is Todd's hair, and why? It's like... rusty white. Like when a white poodle has rust around the eyes and mouth.

Whit has gone completely mental with the white board chart. Also, how can you "date" someone (Nada) who lives on another continent? Wouldn't you just call it a long-distance relationship? Unless the kids these days call a Friday night phone call a "date."

And why do these grown adults who live in real houses with real kitchens always serve their guests with plastic utensils and solo cups? Even when my friends and I get pizza, we use real plates. Do you guys keep a supply of plastic party goods? I don't. 

• Love 9

All of this episode was cringeworthy - Sweatney trying to sleep with Nada in the same bed (and the moving parts dying a slow death underneath them), watching poor Nada wheeze with her poor swollen ankles and getting abandoned on the short hike (I love Nada), the looooong draaaaaawn out bullshit with BGDC (Todd, do SOMETHING with your dish scrubbie hair), Sweatney pulling a phone from a stranger's hand to creep on her pics with Avi (and whine and pout about how much "Avi seemed to have loved her" - which means "AND NOT MEEEEE!"), seeing an obese pregnant woman's fupa (clearly, Ashley needed to buy 3 kits in order to cover that stomach), watching Sweatney fake-cry and try to show empathy when others were clearly upset over Avi (because it wasn't about HER), seeing Sweatney's STUNNED face when Nada said she was going to meet with Avi face-to-face (and I hope she does, because I think Nada has a backbone - and it will piss Sweatney TF off)...

...but the worst part of this episode was at the end when Sweatney takes off, Nada in tow, to confront Avi WITHOUT A GOLLDANG BRA. Sweet dancing Moses, it's one thing to be morbidly obese wearing 4XL yoga pants and a sports bra in public, but to be waddling around a freaking Starbuck's parking lot in a tank top with her titties drooping off the sides of her enormous stomach like a mobile Buddha statue was enough. OMG I need at least a week to recover from this.

• Love 22

WTF is a "hiking guide"? At a short, well-marked, suburban loop? Can Whit do anything without having her hand held?

And what a passive-aggressive stealth bitch. Whit is waddling/lumbering along that "hike" (walk) but acts like she, at a mere 400 lbs, is so superior to her ~450-lb friend.

Um, remember when you had to go to the ER because you passed out like 60 minutes into the "dance-athon"... where everyone else was just fine, and you were pouring sweat, bright red face, vomiting, huffing and puffing as if you'd run a 26-mile marathon? And you kept saying, "I don't know what's wrong!! What could it be??? Maybe I have a congenital heart defect!" No, you are morbidly obese and attempting to exercise (beyond your once-a-week Gentle Movement Class). THAT is how Nada feels when you make her hike... when you know she can barely walk through an airport without struggling and gasping. What did you think would happen?

• Love 18

Can anyone identify Whit's car? Granted I drive a small-ish BMW and not what appears to be a small SUV crossover but between the 4 seats my car is rated for 650 pounds, there is easily, easily over 900+ pounds between them, I can't imagine any car being designed to carry anything close to that in just the front seats.

I guess it is kind of inconsequential but I assume her weight alone is causing serious damage to that car. 

Edited by John M
  • Love 5
On 1/14/2018 at 11:04 PM, MegD said:

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that she ordered Nada to go run after him at the coffee shop. I think even Twit knows she can't waddle fast enough to reach him before he bolts. "He's leaving as soon as he sees you, go!" When you can't stalk your own fantasy relationships, you need to figure out your life.

She knew he didn't "love" her as much as he "loved" Nada, so he sent her because she knew Avi would just ignore if it were Twit chasing after him.   When he ran away, it had nothing to do with Twit recording him...he just had zero F's for Twit....and yet here Twit is..once again making a big deal about how important her fantasy relationship with him was. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

.but the worst part of this episode was at the end when Sweatney takes off, Nada in tow, to confront Avi WITHOUT A GOLLDANG BRA. Sweet dancing Moses, it's one thing to be morbidly obese wearing 4XL yoga pants and a sports bra in public, but to be waddling around a freaking Starbuck's parking lot in a tank top with her titties drooping off the sides of her enormous stomach like a mobile Buddha statue was enough. OMG I need at least a week to recover from this.

?? You all are killing me tonight!  Practically every post in this thread has me rolling!! 

I don't understand how Avi asking for money wasn't a clue to any of these grown ass women. WHY would anyone give away their rent money and risk not getting it back? No loving fiance would ask that or do that!

Sure, engaged people share money, combine funds, etc, but they already have an actual life together!

All I see is so much desperation and barely a hint of empowerment, self-love/respect. It's OK to not always have dick and to refuse to take any old scrap of attention , Whitney -- especially if you have to PAY for it. 

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 13

Whitney was seriously creeping on Nada.  As soon as she walked into the airport she was race waddling over to her  like it was an episode of 90 Day Fiancé.

If I found out that the guy I was seeing was boinking many other women I’d be jogging my ass over to the clinic and get every STD test there was done.  You don’t want to bond over herpes.

But they could call their club The Big Sisterhood of the Travelling Herpes: Sponsored by Valtrex.

Perhaps it can be the theme for Whit’s next cruise. 

Edited by Ravenna
  • Love 21

I have questions.

1.  When they were working on the white board, was she asking about what Avi had said about some of the women?  Did he describe his other women to her or Nada?  When did this happen - after they found out about them?

2.  Who is her "friend Connie" who saw Avi in the coffee shop?  None of her family or friends on the show were allowed to meet him, but Friend Connie was?

3.  Did anyone find out what "conference" Nada was supposedly attending in DC?

My last question has been answered - apparently she indeed was NOT wearing a bra in that parking lot.

Poor Nada makes me want to cry.

ETA:  4.  What is weird about Mattie's face this season?

Edited by princelina
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

Here we go: fat girl skiing a la hiking. 

$10 says Twit planned to go on the hike KNOWING that Nada wouldn't be able to do it and it would make Twit look healthy and fit by comparison. 

That was the happiest Twit's been in a long time.  That extra half a mile down hill (on a very level trail)   made Twit feel like she just hiked the PCT.  No doubt she was in her glory that someone else was able to do less than her.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, aliya said:

I thought I heard 8 miles. My fault.

As usual, I'm 'watching' this with my back turned. Why would you ask for a chair on a hiking trail? And where did they get one? 

It wasn't that long of a trail. I feel  I've walked longer from a parking lot to an actual trail head.  I'm sure they just had one of the the other people in the hike not named Whit or Nada jog back to the lobby real quick and grab a chair.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, John M said:

Can anyone identify Whit's car? Granted I drive a small-ish BMW and not what appears to be a small SUV crossover but between the 4 seats my car is rated for 650 pounds, there is easily, easily over 900+ pounds between them, I can't imagine any car being designed to carry anything close to that in just the front seats.

I guess it is kind of inconsequential but I assume her weight alone is causing serious damage to that car. 

On Twit's FB page, the car was ID'd as a Kia. As I pointed out in the first episode, she had to trade in the monster SUV because she can no longer climb up into it. She needed a car she could step down into.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, princelina said:

2.  Who is her "friend Connie" who saw Avi in the coffee shop?  None of her family or friends on the show were allowed to meet him, but Friend Connie was?

Connie Simpson works for Pilgrim Media Group which produces MBFFL. She is production asst (I think) & she is orginally from Greensboro.. I don't know if Twit knew her earlier -- she appears younger -- but they apparently have become pals as she is often around when Twit is posting FB live videos.

Avi would have recognized Connie in the coffee shop as part of the film crew. And she would have called the rest of the crew to hustle down to the shop cuz she would figure there might be something worth filming.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Moloch Must Die said:

How many colors is Todd's hair, and why? It's like... rusty white. Like when a white poodle has rust around the eyes and mouth.

Whit has gone completely mental with the white board chart. Also, how can you "date" someone (Nada) who lives on another continent? Wouldn't you just call it a long-distance relationship? Unless the kids these days call a Friday night phone call a "date."

And why do these grown adults who live in real houses with real kitchens always serve their guests with plastic utensils and solo cups? Even when my friends and I get pizza, we use real plates. Do you guys keep a supply of plastic party goods? I don't. 

I prefer real plates and utensils. My mother makes fun of me. She doesn't understand that I like enjoying the full experience of a meal.

• Love 6