Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

9 MINUTES AGO, SIMONES SAID:

Does Bradie eat? I am not exaggerating the poor woman looks near emaciated. 

She's probably just naturally thin, and then with all the work of skating, it just makes it worse. 

She has the figure of a 12-year-old girl and a naturally heart-shaped face which makes her look a bit homely because she has no cheekbones and a wide mouth .  That costume does her no favors because it just shows how flat-chested she is.  Methinks she's verging on anorexia, which combined with nerves, means she has no energy in these performances and can't get through them without a fall or two.  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Methinks she's verging on anorexia, which combined with nerves, means she has no energy in these performances and can't get through them without a fall or two.  

I thought this, but didn't want to actually state it. 

• Love 1

Is Lori Nichols still doing choreography for skaters?  Bradie Tennell needs her badly.  Lori knows what to do with a skater's arms (once Michelle left Nichols, she developed airplane arms or as Dick used to say, "they look like they're hanging laundry").

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MaKaM said:

You're not actually wanting NBC to control South Korea's timezone? The only way the US girls would go earlier is if they had sucked harder. 

ETA at least a different cut of MR this time. So far. 

No. Just would have preferred that they hadn’t pushed for morning skating there to have a live evening event here which was based on NBCs request. 

• Love 3

No. Just would have preferred that they hadn’t pushed for morning skating there to have a live evening event here which was based on NBCs request. 

I know.  Maybe if skating didn't start at 9 am, they might have gotten more than 200 people to show up.  If I had known there'd be so many empty seats, I'd have hopped on a plane to go.  Probably could have gotten tickets at the door.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

If you skate to Clair De Lune the requirement is you must skate softly, beautifully, delicately...and wear some blue with just a hint of sparkle, or a dark shade of purple, draped with a longer skirt.  A quiet performance is just more dramatic and lovely than any jump fest.  

Agreed.

27 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

I really like Karen Chen. I know she’s disappointed she couldn’t put it together here. I hope she doesn’t get too discouraged because she really is a lovely skater.

I hope that Karen sticks it out for 2022.

17 minutes ago, Omeletsmom said:

Ooooooh nooooo!

Mira looks like she just wants to collapse.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

So how do you think Ashley is feeling right now?

Forgetting that she would have dug herself a hole in the SP, most likely. 

Edited by MaKaM
  • Love 11

So is having the team event a way for none of them to care about the individual event?  It just seems like falling back on that bronze medal didn’t help two of them.  I just don’t get the sense that Mirai cared about placing low. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, anniebird said:

I love that they're skating to these 60's classics like Doctor Zhivago  - we need more Umbrellas of Cherbourg

I Will Wait for You always makes me cry because of the Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama.

• Love 6