Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

The ladies are having a rough night.

This. Not nearly as exciting as the men's and pairs competition.

Oh no Mirai is 2nd, I was hoping she would place 1st, but the Japanese skater was better.

Argh Carmen again. I like her outfit though. Too bad on the triple/triple

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Aussie lady on the NBC site says that Mirai was a bit too tense and that affected the landing.  Hope Mirai takes this into account for the free and stays loose and goes lights out again.

Yeah, she looked nervous before she started. Here’s hoping she takes the Nathan Chen approach to the free.

and like clockwork, Tara jinxes ANOTHER skater.

• Love 9
Just now, SophiaD said:

Sigh.  I was so hoping she'd win the bronze, but unless everyone tanks, that's incredibly unlikely.  I may not even watch tomorrow, unless Karen does really well.

The Free Skate is on Thursday.  Tomorrow is more short-track speed skating.

Just now, Jeddah said:

It’s not just Carmen, it’s the worst possible rendition of Carmen. Daleman’s skating does nothing for me.

Maybe it’s just the music/program, but at times she looked almost jittery or spastic to me. Maybe jerky is a better word.

• Love 1

Ban Carmen. That is all.

A lot of skaters wearing gloves.

My feed aired some 1988 footage of Liz Manley's skate, and man, she just flew across the ice. So many of these skaters seem so slow in comparison.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

Wow. In the pairs, mens, and ice dance we had too many people who would have sacrificed their first-born child to win. The issue was there weren't enough medals for all the great skaters. In the ladies' competition it's as if no one wants to medal. The SP splatfest is depressing. 

• Love 4

I might just root for Kaori.  I'm not sure we'll even have an American lady in the final group.  I can't remember the last time that's happened.  

If anyone wants me, I'll be over in the corner, moping.

• Love 6

I give all three American women credit for not letting their trouble on the first element carry through. Clean programs would have been better, but they didn't meltdown. I 'm also proud of Karen for throwing in a combination later her program after missing it. That was gutsy. 

• Love 21
Just now, Dots And Stripes said:

I give all three American women credit for not letting their trouble on the first element carry through. Clean programs would have been better, but they didn't meltdown. I 'm also proud of Karen for throwing in a combination later her program after missing it. That was gutsy. 

Maybe Mirai at least can do a Nathan Chen in the Free Skate.  If he was able to shake off his disaster of a short program to land six quads in his Free Skate, surely Mirai can shake off that catastrophe of a Triple Axel and redeem herself similarly in the Free Skate.  Could she maybe land six Triple Axels?

• Love 14