Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Oh no Nathan falls. :( 

That's got to be VERY tough following Hanyu. 

He's having a lot of trouble. I think following Hanyu and the lack of experience his hurting him. This is too bad. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

I'm watching the feed on the computer- and in the top corner they are showing ALL of the Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals he's getting. It's literally a mountain. 

Those little ice skaters just got a WORK OUT! Haha. 

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old lady, but what is the point of that? What the heck do they expect him to do with the hundreds of Winnie the Poohs he collects at every competition? What a waste.

• Love 5
Just now, GeminiDancer said:

He's done. The best that he can do is pull up enough so that the men can send three skaters to the next Olympics.

That isn't how that works, unfortunately. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GeminiDancer said:

He's done. The best that he can do is pull up enough so that the men can send three skaters to the next Olympics.

That is determined by the World Championships in the year before the Olympics. 

• Love 6

That just sucked the life out of that room. Hanyu  was utterly amazing, completely deserving of that score, but I don't know how Nathan could follow it. Ugh. I really just wanted everyone to skate clean. And yes, the media pressure on Nathan has been unbelievable.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Well, that's it for him. He can't make it up in the free skate, can he?

Not unless he lands all five quads. The others can be expected to fail. But I don't really expect Boyang, Shoma or Yuzuru to fail that hard.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I don't like Nathan's music.

I liked it until the singer started.  I'm not a music expert so I'm going to mangle this but the skating and music went well together.  The singer seemed to be singing in a style that didn't perfectly align with the beat of the music.  If I closed my eyes, which I did with the falls, the song and vocals worked together.  But I don't think it's meant to be danced to.

6 minutes ago, Dots And Stripes said:

Heartbreaking for Nathan. Also, NBC should stop pretending they have nothing to do with pressure he is under.

I don't know why they should.  He's getting pressure from everywhere. Pressure is part of the gig of being a frontrunner.  Nail this and the exposure could be very lucrative for him. 

There have been others who had the pressure and just threw down in a good way. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, honeywest said:

NBC has a lot to answer for.

I don't blame NBC for Nathan's performance, I just think it's strange how they act like they aren't the biggest driving force of the media hype. I heard a lot of skepticism about whether Nathan would be able to handle the Olympic pressure, but not on NBC. He was their expected champion and that was it.

Just now, MaKaM said:

That isn't how that works, unfortunately. 

I don't think this Olympics determines the outcome of the next. The prior year's worlds is a factor.

• Love 3