Type keyword(s) to search

Johnna & Garrett: He Only *Thought* He Was Out of Prison

Drogo
  • Start Topic

A wine-fueled evening of looking for love online led Johnna to Garrett, who was serving a seven-year sentence for burglary, grand theft, and several other counts. While Johnna believes Garrett is committed to her, she’s having trouble convincing her father to meet him…let alone accept him. Johnna knows exactly what she wants…including a ring and wedding soon after Garrett is released. Is Garrett on the same page or will he be easily tempted by his new freedom?

• Love 1

Who would've thought that the man who's been in prison his entire adult life would be the more level-headed and realistic of these two? As he's said already, he's experiencing a lot of firsts right now- first long-term relationship, first time living with a woman, first time going to a bar even, and he clearly has a lot of things he wants to experience to make up for lost time.  He's been locked away since he was 18, so let the man breathe the free air a bit, you screeching harpy, before you try to wrangle him into another life sentence tied to your paranoid ass. He is pretty cute though, so I can't fault her for reaching out to him in the first place, wine-induced haze or not.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

She put a tracker on his phone???? OMG, this woman is who needs to be locked up. I don’t blame him for leaving to go out again, she’d drive me nuts.

I just don't think she's been caught yet. I picture her as having stalking down to an art form before she came across Garrett, she just realized she could have her prey already partially caught for her in prison.

She said when he was inside she could keep track of his movements 24/7.  How much you wanna bet she's so out there she doesn't even think of him as a person,  just a possession to keep, play with and have total control over.

She's only ever known obedient prisoner Garrett. She won't like the free Garrett who can now speak his own mind and do as he pleases. Plus, you could tell she's hard because when he called her a bitch, she didn't even flinch. She didn't flinch when her dad threw down his coffee cup either in that preview come to think of it.

• Love 6

She chases and he will run. That's how it goes. He definitely is going to want to date/ sleep with other women. With cameras around, attractive women will show up.  I have a married friend that tracks his wife's phone. He says it's because of their kids but it's creepy and boundary busting.

• Love 3

I'd love to hear from Johnna's two previous boyfriends--the ones who cheated on her.  I was sympathetic when she first mentioned that, but now I realize it was probably just League Night at the bowling alley and she flipped out.

I'm not really giving Garrett many points for reason and rationality either, though.  Sure, no one's going to be excited about the great job opportunity at the car wash he's driving past on his drive home from the slammer, but please, massage therapist??

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Did I hear him correctly when he said he’s never had a shower? WTF? I thought prisons had showers!

I think he said he's never showered with a woman. 

He had plenty of showers in prison, but with men.

• Love 5
On February 25, 2018 at 9:29 AM, cooksdelight said:

Garrett’s new squeeze. She’s a lot prettier than her mug shots

Initially, I thought, "Good for him!":  I was thinking that he could be really happy with the mythical "stripper with a heart of gold" when he was hanging out at the clubs...someone who was cool with his past and appreciated him for who he was...someone who was not too straight...but not too crooked!

But, alas, my take was just another fairy tale fantasy (gangsta version)...looks like this stripper is locked and loaded...in the worst kind of way:

lV09aV4.jpg

Edited by OldButHappy
On 2/27/2018 at 4:25 AM, OldButHappy said:

Initially, I thought, "Good for him!":  I was thinking that he could be really happy with the mythical "stripper with a heart of gold" when he was hanging out at the clubs...someone who was cool with his past and appreciated him for who he was...someone who was not too straight...but not too crooked!

But, alas, my take was just another fairy tale fantasy (gangsta version)...looks like this stripper is locked and loaded...in the worst kind of way:

lV09aV4.jpg

On the next season of Love After Lockup...   Garrett’s new girlfriend is in prison. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Looks we're getting a Johnna+Garrett rehashing "Our Story" episode on 10/19.

So it is basically a rerun of their story (like they do on 90 day fiance?). I was excited for new episodes. Auntie's Advice podcast had said the new season premiered tonight and I was looking forward to it. 

11 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

When she was wearing that red dress, and they flop onto the bed..... what was she wearing underneath? Girdle? Spanx? It didn’t look like sexy lingerie.

Looks like spanx. You can see them better when they are in the parking lot when he gets out and picks her up. No wonder he was frustrated having to peel her out of those after being locked up all that time. 

Ok, now I need bleach to rinse out my mind after that image. 

Edited by Reality police
Spank is a whole different image than spanx.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Oh good, thanks for that.  I'm not into rewatching most of these people, maybe I'll watch the Andrea one.   I'm really looking forward to a new cast. 

As Drogo noted above, when you watch one show with just that one couple, and none of the other jumping in and out, you see stuff you missed before. Try it!

• Love 1

Close up in the car...going to meet Romeo...."girl!  Wax that 'stache".

That's all I got.  Trashy show.  Trashy folks.

Damn. I love it.  Where is the Emmy category for "Shitshow You Watch, but Don't Admit To"

Waiting for new episodes like a dude waiting for football season...

• Love 9
On 3/3/2018 at 10:19 PM, cooksdelight said:

Johnna’s new squeeze:

649B46C3-8795-47D8-B99C-8F525C1610EC.jpeg

Looks more like Johnna’s latest photobomb. This pic doesn’t exactly scream “couple” lol. She’s desperate, annoying, always has a puss on her face, and wears a shower cap with a guy in the shower. Such a great catch, right? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, hookedontv said:

This pic doesn’t exactly scream “couple” lol. She’s desperate, annoying, always has a puss on her face, and wears a shower cap with a guy in the shower. Such a great catch, right? 

No it doesn't. It kind of looks like she's just passing behind him after getting a refill at the bar.  Haha I had forgotten about the shower cap, what a turn on. 

• Love 2
On 10/21/2018 at 1:59 PM, SevenCostanza said:

No it doesn't. It kind of looks like she's just passing behind him after getting a refill at the bar.  Haha I had forgotten about the shower cap, what a turn on. 

Garrett might have been the one using the shower cap.  Men use those as improvised condoms in prison. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, jenifaohjenny said:

Did she get a nose job? She looked so different in the new episode. 

I was wondering the same thing.   When they flashed last season clips back and forth with the way she looks now her nose looks slimmer.  I also like the lighter hair color on her.