Type keyword(s) to search

Wish List for Future Seasons

This show is one of my all time favorites. Even its clinkers are better than much of the dreck that is out there, imo. It got renewed for three more seasons, IIRC, so yay. I don't know where they'll go, but I flove any eppy with Sheldon's mother. Laura Metcalf is hilarious on this show.

I also love me some Stuart. More Stuart, please, Show. One of the funniest scenes to me is when Stuart and Raj are signing up for online dating and Stuart is posing for Raj to take his online photo. OMG, his expressions. Raj: "OK now look like no one is about to hurt you." Well, he said it funnier now that I see it in writing. Guess you had to be there.

Amy and her crazy self is one of my favorite characters. She got off to a stiff start, but I loved her from the beginning. Mayim is comedy gold, imo.

• Love 2

I will be excited to see what happens with the characters the rest of this season. I personally am fine if they don't evolve much. There don't need to be any little Howardettes or Shamy having sex or Lenny getting engaged. As long as the writers keep it funny, let them tread water for a while!

And definitely Sheldon's enemies can be a bigger part of the mix. My favorite was always Leslie Winkle- she really got under his skin in a funny way. But any and all - Kwipke, Howard, whoever- are always welcome to take him down a peg. 

As far as Raj's romance goes, it will be interesting to see where they go. I always hoped they would bring back Abby, played by Hollywood's other certifiable genius actress, Danica McKellar. It would be fun to have another science girl in the mix. 

ETA here's my vote for a new wrinkle. Raj's new girlfriend works in the humanities, and verbally crushes Sheldon whenever he tries to poo-poo the soft sciences!

Edited by Midru
  • Love 1

I will be excited to see what happens with the characters the rest of this season. I personally am fine if they don't evolve much. There don't need to be any little Howardettes or Shamy having sex or Lenny getting engaged. As long as the writers keep it funny, let them tread water for awhile!

Midru, co-signing your whole post, but especially this part. I'm totally fine with the characters not growing or evolving, as long as it's funny. I watch sitcoms to laugh, not to be educated.

In fact, I think the attempts at character "growth" - the build-up to Shamy sex, Penny quitting her job, etc. - have actually drug the show down, not made it better. If they could do it and still be funny... but it seems like they can't. Only Howard's journey has been successful in my eyes, in that it was occasional poignant, but never ceased to be funny.

That said, it's still must-see TV for me, and it's the only current sitcom I would say that about!

Well, there has to be SOME evolution. These days you can't be like Three's Company and have every episode revolve around some sexually related misunderstanding and some shots of Chrissy and Janet bending over in tight pants and shaking their asses at the camera and Mr Roper making a few homophobic jokes.

But, this is a Chuck Lorre project, so the writing isn't gonna be on the Graham Greene level. The whole Amy pining for Sheldon to screw her brains out is fun, but it gets annoying when he professes his ignorance at what she's talking about. He knows damn well what she wants he's just being brattish about it. It's interesting; in their relationship, Amy is the dude always horny for sex and Sheldon is the chick pushing the dude away.

Hi guys!  Happy to be here!  I love BBT! :)

I wish Raj could get a decent significant other. I didn't like what's her name who crawled out the bathroom window. 

I know!  I wish they would give him a serious love interest!  Seeing Raj get rejected by girls over and over again feels sad and not at all funny.  Maybe funny at first, but that joke has run dry for me.

• Love 1

MaryMitch, that would be awesome.  Since Leonard's mother is so similar to Sheldon, I wonder if Mary Cooper would be able to handle Beverly Hofstadter, MD, PhD like she does Sheldon?

I wish they would bring in someone cool to be Leonard's father.  If they were going with the Roseanne theme, maybe Arnie (LOL, Arnie as an intellectual anthropologist) or John Goodman (equally as funny). 

(edited)

I too hope the mothers meet. 

Here's nominating Rick Moranis for Leonard's father.

I am also seeing Larry the Cable Guy slapping little brother Sheldon's back, Aziz Anzari berating his nerdy bro Raj, and Pineapple-Express era James Franco as Penny's druggie brother with yet another get-rich-quick scheme!

Still don't have a good one for Penny's mom... like a younger Terri Garr or the flaky one from Friends.

Edited by Midru
  • Love 2

Following the trend of going against type with both Sheldon and Leonard's mothers, I think Bebe Neuwirth (Lillith) as Penny's mom would be awesome.  Then Leonard's and Penny's moms could become BFF, and Sheldon would be shaking his fist even more fiercely at fate. 

P.S. I loved your choices Midru! 

As far as Raj getting and keeping a girlfriend that limits the writers in a big way and makes him just like everybody else. To me he is the "Phoebe' of the group, living some distance away and having her own life to an extent.

Also, let's be honest, Raj treats women like absolute shit. His misogyny is vile. Howard was very very creepy with his letch like "ZOMG DID YOU SEE THAT HAWT CHICK SHE WAS SO CHECKING ME OUT IN MY DICKIE AS I WAS KITE FLYING!!!!", but he has pretty much eliminated that now that he has Bernadette.

I saw the tag with Penny and Will coming as soon as they mate up earlier in the show.

I don't know where they're going with the next three seasons, but I hope there are no baby plots.

Penny getting some real success acting would be a nice switch instead of the ape rape B movies. Gack.

• Love 1
Seeing Raj get rejected by girls over and over again feels sad and not at all funny.

That's how I feel about seeing Amy get rejected by Sheldon over and over again. It makes me sad for her. I wish she'd move on. I get from a show standpoint why she hangs on to Sheldon, otherwise she has little to no purpose and they'd just write her out, but I would rather her date someone who was actively into her and not just worn down by her. She could still be Penny and Bernie's bestie while dating Kripke or Stuart. 

I'm also okay with no babies. They just reran the episode with Howard's magic show where Bernie makes it very clear she doesn't want kids, but then concedes as long as Howard is the stay at home dad. While I like that angle, I'm not sure I want to see how that would actually play out with Bernie given how completely she was against the kids. It was almost as if they would be in one of those 50's sit coms where the husband (Bernie) came home and pat the kids on the head and sent them to bed but actually interacted very little with them. 

I would like to see Penny get some success in acting. And definitely agree Sheldon and Leonard's mothers meeting would be epic, especially given the closeness between Sheldon and Leonard's mother. 

We had a whole convo about the casting of Sheldon's MeeMaw back in the day on TWP. I would so LOVE to see Mee Maw take a trip to Cali to visit her son. Also can we please have Penny's meth cooking brother pop in sometime? He could expound on the chemical characteristics of his chosen profession with Sheldon. 

• Love 2

My top wish would be for Amy to realize that she is a smart, kind, funny, friendly person and that she deserves so much more than the cold, tepid "affection" of a boyfriend who counts the minutes of their date nights and has no interest in physical contact, much less sex. In my perfect scenario, she'd dump his ass and start dating someone who could give her the things that Sheldon can't or won't.

• Love 2
(edited)

I would love to see the plot where Amy and Kripke meet, he teases her about her 'amazing' physical relationship with Sheldon, and she confesses to him there is no such thing and that Sheldon is the reason.

Then he becomes nicer to her, starts seeing her as a real person, and asks her out.

Follow-up episode: Amy asks Sheldon for a revision to the relationship agreement to remove the exclusivity clause, he says no, and she tears it up in his face.

I think the actor who plays Kripke totally sells it and I completely believe every one of his scenes. If TPTB would pair him and Mayim I think it would be comedy gold.

Edited by antikking

MaryMitch, that would be awesome.  Since Leonard's mother is so similar to Sheldon, I wonder if Mary Cooper would be able to handle Beverly Hofstadter, MD, PhD like she does Sheldon?

I wish they would bring in someone cool to be Leonard's father.  If they were going with the Roseanne theme, maybe Arnie (LOL, Arnie as an intellectual anthropologist) or John Goodman (equally as funny).

Yes! This please oh please oh please!

antikking -- I'm on board with you on that; I'd love to see it.  Initially I wasn't a big Kripke fan, but he's been becoming more tolerable as time goes by.

I would like to see Penny have some success, and to that end, I was thinking, what if she put together a one-woman show about the ups and downs of dating a genuis?  It could be funny as she talks about learning about Schrodenger's cat, Star Trek, playing paintball and the rest of it; Leonard's quirks and her own quirks, etc. etc.  She could end up saying that there's hope for the world when a Nebraska farm girl and a Princeton genius can find a way to make their way together.  The show becomes a hit and one thing leads to another ...

• Love 2

@antikking do you mean Stuart? I think everything you just said would apply better to him than Kripke, and since they have expanded Stuarts role to that of a caregiver they would be a perfect couple. Amy would have what she needs and Stuart would be happy, without interfering with the dynamic of the "central cast". Seeing Sheldon deal with the issue of Amy with someone she is happy with would be a whole season of subplots.

• Love 1

antikking, I agree that Amy and Kripke would be an awesome couple.  We have never seen him in a relationship, but I don't think he would be kow-towed into things like Stuart would be.  I think that he would provide her the romance she craves as well.

Yeah, Kripke is only tolerable in small doses. 

I'm 50/50 on a baby. I think a lot of laughs could be gleaned from a Bernadette pregnancy and Howard subsequently becoming a full-time dad.  Howard bringing the little tyke along to all the boys' get-togethers, and Sheldon's reaction to such an intrusion, could be fun.

I'd like to see Sheldon's good friend Wil Wheaton find himself back on Sheldon's list again.  There's plenty of time left in the series for him to get on there and back off before it's all over.  Maybe he can use his couple-breaking powers to end Shamy (another item on my wish list).  

I'd like to see Sheldon's good friend Wil Wheaton find himself back on Sheldon's list again.  There's plenty of time left in the series for him to get on there and back off before it's all over.  Maybe he can use his couple-breaking powers to end Shamy (another item on my wish list).  

Co-sign. I like Wil either way, but I thought there were a lot more laughs when he and Sheldon were enemies.

And I would support anyone who could end the Shame.

I too would like to see Stuart more often.  I just cracked up about how he was a great fit for taking care of Howard's mom "Debbie."  But he was always so lonely, so this is indeed a great fit.

• Love 1

I would like to see Penny have some success, and to that end, I was thinking, what if she put together a one-woman show about the ups and downs of dating a genuis?

Maybe she could update that semi-autobiographical screenplay she mentioned in the pilot (and we've never heard about since).

If Stuart gives up the comic store, his new found freedom and confidence could let him get back to his artistic roots. He could create a successful web comic about an alien marooned on Earth trying to blend into society based on Sheldon.

i don't know how many people here have seen American Bible Challenge but how about a similar game show on Syfy about geek trivia, hosted by Wil Wheaton with Penny as his hot girl assistant. She's finally a star and all the nerds would love her.

Top on my list is the END of the Sheldon and Amy. I don't need her to find another guy to date either. Can't she just say enough to the asshole that is Sheldon and develop a life of her own? IF she eventually starts to date again, fine. Any situation is better than the one she's in! But I don't like the implication that the women of the show are only relevant because of the men. I know I'm a little nuts, this being a Chuck Lorre show and all. But anything that ends the "Shamy" will be a winner for me. Lord knows I could not handle them having sex. So second to ending their relationship, I say absolutely NO to sex (not that I believe that in real life...)

Perhaps Raj can evolve out of being a misogynist, petty man...I know, I know. Again, Chuck Lorre show!

I'd also like to see the "baby" aka Sheldon not win so much through his bullying and whining. He's SO not funny anymore.

• Love 7

msani19 I'd also like to see the "baby" aka Sheldon not win so much through his bullying and whining. He's SO not funny anymore.

Well, often it's the others' fault for letting him win. With the new table, for example, although Leonard & co had engineered a situation where they'd achieved a fait accompli on changing the furniture, instead of relishing their triumph they back down and allow Sheldon his way (similarly with Priya pointing out that there were numerous loopholes in the roommate agreement). I guess that Status Quo is God (and as Sheldon is absolutely in favour of the status quo, he inevitability wins), but Leonard needs to learn to seize his chances and not back down when he has won.

• Love 1

Raj has never had any trouble getting one night stands. Perhaps they could follow the lead of Howard's comment to Bernadette when they were dating and have one turn into a relationship. Maybe Raj doesn't even realize what happened, like Leonard didn't realize Stephanie had moved in,

I'd like to see the writers pick a last name for Penny and start dropping hints. They could save revealing it until some time when it could slip casually into a scene (worst case, when she and Leonard are getting married).

I'd love to see flashbacks of adolescent Sheldon in college/grad school. Some of the questions I want answered are:

- Where did he go to school? He has pooh-poohed MIT, Princeton, and Harvard, so which institution did he deem adequate for his genius?

- Assuming said institution wasn't within commuting distance of his childhood home in East Texas, how did he fend for himself at that age, given that he still acts like a baby in his 30s and relies on Leonard so much?

- Was 11-year-old Sheldon the same kind of wise-ass with his professors and advisors as he is with everyone as an adult?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 1

Sheldon definitely started college somewhere within commuting distance in Texas, because he hadn't left home yet. He did not long after, but I don't know if he just moved into the dorms or if it was to go to a different school. He finished his studies at Cal Tech.

Sheldon definitely started college somewhere within commuting distance in Texas, because he hadn't left home yet. He did not long after, but I don't know if he just moved into the dorms or if it was to go to a different school. He finished his studies at Cal Tech.

Was all of that mentioned in any of the episodes? I think I saw all episodes of the previous seven seasons, but I don't remember any of that.

Here's my wish list:

Amy finally realizes Sheldon will never give her what she wants; that he only tolerates her when it's to his advantage, and finally dumps him.

Raj gets deported back to India. Shortly thereafter, India and Pakistan have a limited nuclear engagement. Raj is vaporized, and we never have to hear from him again.

Penny gets some semblance of success, in anything.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 1

Hofstadter?

Because a woman's identity comes from her man?  Oh, that's right.  I forgot I was watching a Chuck Lorre show for a second...

@Retorica, I'm not bashing you--I actually had the same thought, but then the feminist on my shoulder started yelling in my ear :)

• Love 4

Because a woman's identity comes from her man? Oh, that's right. I forgot I was watching a Chuck Lorre show for a second...

@Retorica, I'm not bashing you--I actually had the same thought, but then the feminist on my shoulder started yelling in my ear :)

I'm right with you. After 20 years, some people still don't understand why I didn't take my husband's name. I tell them he wouldn't take mine either.

• Love 5

Was all of that mentioned in any of the episodes? I think I saw all episodes of the previous seven seasons, but I don't remember any of that.

Sheldon told Penny he started college at 11 when he was asking her what the tie on Leonard's door meant in The Hamburger Postulate. He mentions when he left home when he explains why he knows about football in The Cornhusker Vortex. I don't recall when it was mentioned that Sheldon studied at Cal Tech, but according to a TBBT wiki, you can see it on a diploma in The Parking Spot Escalation.

• Love 1

My wish list:

Amy leaves Sheldon in a very logical and friendly manner, and invokes logic to get Sheldon to accept a "still friends" breakup. After she states that she is looking for "Sheldon with a sex drive," Penny and Bernadette fix Amy up with Kripke, but he's kind of mean to her, and rubs Sheldon's face in it way too much. They break up. Raj comforts Amy and they end up together. Raj is very indignant whenever anyone hints that Amy is less hot than some other girls. Their relationship is sickeningly sweet and cute, and there's a LOT of cosplay.

Sheldon is livid and jealous when Raj and Amy show up one day costumed as Spock and Saavik and talk about having a Star Trek wedding. The ensuing meltdown does not result in Amy scurrying back to Sheldon, though. (It does, however, result in Sheldon getting to be Spock, while Amy and Raj switch to characters in which Sheldon is somewhat less emotionally invested, such as Han Solo and Princess Leo, or Kili the dwarf and his elf girlfriend).

After a lot of Pahn Fahr jokes Sheldon actually does have sex--with Leslie Winkle, at some faculty New-Year's Eve party. Now that Sheldon's no longer a String Theory devotee, they get along pretty well, and agree to have sex once a year. They enjoy parallel play and never having time for one another. Unlike Amy, Winkle never, ever wants to live with Sheldon. They get married but do not move in together. In fact, they usually don't even live in the same country--Winkle's research takes her all over the world, and usually they skype.

Penny and Leonard work out, in both senses of the word. And they grow.

Howard and Bernadette are perfect together. No change is necessary, but I can't wait to see what happens as Howard realizes how similar she is to his Mom, and works through his jealousy of Stuart. I think Stuart and Howard's Mom should get married.

Edited by Hecate7
  • Love 3

I would like to see them write Kaley's commercials with William Shatner into the show.  Penny could say "I got a commercial with some guy named "Bill"".  And all the guys would go crazy.

And I would like to see "Shamy" either progress in their relationship, or end it.

• Love 2

I would like to see them write Kaley's commercials with William Shatner into the show.  Penny could say "I got a commercial with some guy named "Bill"".  And all the guys would go crazy.

THAT would be AWESOME!

• Love 3
I was hoping the tie-in would be the death of Mrs. Wolowitz.

Had this episode been written that way it would've been fairly morbid, in my opinion. It was certainly written well before the actress died, and filmed at least six weeks ago. So to anticipate her real life death (since she had been ill and they likely knew that) by writing in her on-screen death at that point would be...well...morbid.

I don't hope they write it in at any point. I'd rather they just stop looking for reasons to write scenes with the character. It's easy enough for her to just plain not appear.

• Love 2