Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, way2interested said:

Given that, I wonder if the new police officer on Arrow is Renee Montoya and Koonami will be Lady Shiva, as per how Arrow has always been used throughout the years.

THey already had Renee Montoya in Gotham so she's been introduced to the general public.

I'm still hoping for Renee,  because Kate is coming in.   But I have no interest in a Birds of Prey movie without Oracle.  You'd think that the guys at the wb and dc might have some sort of memory about how well received a BoP live action was the last time they tried altering everything about it. 

(edited)

Top 10 Most Tracked CW Shows, From "Supergirl" to "Supernatural"
Andrea Reiher  July 16, 2018
https://www.tvtime.com/article/top-10-cw-shows-supernatural-vampire-diaries-arrow

In recent years, The CW has become the TV destination for superheroes, supernatural, sci-fi and teen dramas. With that in mind, we've compiled some data to find the most watched CW shows so far this year, based on users' seen episode counts.

10. Supergirl (2015)
9. One Tree Hill (2003-2012)
8. The Originals (2013)
7. Gossip Girl (2007-2012)
6. The 100 (2014)
5. Riverdale (2017)
4. The Flash (2014)
3. Arrow (2012)

2. The Vampire Diaries (2009-2017)
1. Supernatural (2005)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Check Out The Free DC Comics Pins in This Years SDCC Bags
Posted by Jeremy Konrad July 16, 2018
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/16/free-dc-comics-pins-sdcc-bags/

DC Comics characters will once again adorn the free SDCC bags given to attendees this year. This is the ninth straight year Warner Bros will sponsor the bags, which sparks trading frenzies at the show, especially on Preview Night. Also in the bags again this year will be one of 12 DC Comics character pins! These will feature 12 of the world’s greatest superheroes, from Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman to Martian Manhunter and the CW’s versions of The Flash and Arrow. There is even a mystery pin. Also available on the FanSets website will be 5 exclusive pins in the same style featuring comic versions of Flash, Green Arrow, Krypto, Firestorm, and Black Lightning. Check them all out below!

IMG_5242-600x563.jpg 
IMG_5243-600x566.jpg
IMG_5244-600x580.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Variety Announces Comic-Con Studio and Kick-Off Party With YouTube
By CHRISTI CARRAS  JULY 16, 2018
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/variety-youtube-comic-con-studio-2018-kick-off-party-1202874057/

Variety is arriving at San Diego Comic-Con 2018 in full force, and a little celebration is in order. On Thursday night, the entertainment business publication and YouTube Originals will co-host a Comic-Con kickoff party on the Omnia Terrace to launch the Variety Studio at Comic-Con, where cast members and creators from various films and TV shows will stop to discuss their projects.

Thursday through Saturday, stars present at the convention will climb aboard the Variety Yacht at 5th Avenue Landing for portraits and interviews, with video coverage posted on Variety.com. Expected appearances include Andrew Lincoln (“The Walking Dead”), Anthony Rapp (“Star Trek: Discovery”), Ben Schwartz (“DuckTales”), Bill Skarsgard (“Castle Rock”), Bob Odenkirk (“Better Call Saul”), Bobby Moynihan (“DuckTales”), Brandon Routh (“Legends of Tomorrow”), Colton Haynes (“Arrow”), Danai Gurira (“The Walking Dead”), Dominic Cooper (“Preacher”), Eric Andre (“Disenchantment”), Giancarlo Esposito (“Better Call Saul”), Jake Johnson (“Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse”), Jamie Lee Curtis (“Halloween”), Jeffrey Dean Morgan (“The Walking Dead”), Joe Manganiello (“Death Saves”), John Cena (“Bumblebee”), KJ Apa (“Riverdale”), Melanie Lynskey (“Castle Rock”), Norman Reedus (“The Walking Dead”), Olivia Holt (“Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger”), Paul W.S. Anderson (“Origin”), Rachel Bloom (“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”), Riz Ahmed (“Venom”), Robert Rodriguez (“Alita: Battle Angel”), Rosa Salazar (“Alita: Battle Angel”), Ruth Negga (“Preacher”), RZA (“Cut Throat City”), Seth Green (“Robot Chicken”), Sissy Spacek (“Castle Rock”), Stephen Amell (“Arrow”), Suki Waterhouse (“Assassination Nation”), T.I. (“Cut Throat City”), Tom Hardy (“Venom”), Wesley Snipes (“Cut Throat City”), and more.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow wont be part of the crossover this season. 

The CW is developing a script for a Batwoman series for 2019, EW has learned. While there’s no casting news as of yet, the character will make her debut in this year’s DC crossover event, as Arrow star Stephen Amell announced in May. EW has also learned that the forthcoming crossover will include Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl — but not DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/17/batwoman-series-greg-berlanti-development-cw/

Well they’ve treated LOT like an unwanted baby the last two times so I guess it’s not surprising that they now want to leave them out entirely. I was looking forward to Sara meeting Kate and possibly kicking ass together. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm fine with that. Now I don't have to worry about impacting the only show I watch. It usually just halts the current storyline for the crossover. 

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)

I'm fine with Legends not included. While the last crossover had a major event happen for Legends, the show still felt as if they were there just because... So Berlanti&co might as well treat them like the ugly step cousins they already treat them like, and leave them out completely. Let legends series build and flow at their own pace. But at the same time, it sucks because I did want Sara to meet Kate. But Caity already hinted at this when she said she believes TPTB were going to treat the shows more stand alone. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well crap.  That’s a major disappointment for me; I always look forward to the crossovers and the Legends interacting with the rest of the Arrowverse cast.  Even though I’m usually disappointed in how they do it, so I suppose it’s a mixed blessing.  At least I can’t get my hopes up now. :(

Not surprised in the least about the Batwoman news - I would have been surprised if they weren’t developing it for a show.  But yeah, having Caroline Dries writing it does decrease my enthusiasm substantially.  I don’t know what she’s done other than Vampire Diaries, but that alone makes me skeptical.  I’ll wait and see who they cast, but I may end up skipping the crossover this year entirely.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

It's also a shame since LoT has been kind of better (definitely not perfect but still) at introducing new characters and balancing the ending of the crossover. I'm also wondering if this means that CW is preparing for s7 to possibly be the end for Arrow or if they might pair Arrow and Batwoman up for a short s8 for Arrow and then Batwoman takes over from there.

I think LOT got the best deal tbh. I don't want Arrow in the crossover either. They always use the show to launch everyone else and I'm kinda tired of it.

Not surprised in the least about the Batwoman show. Expecting a casting announcement at SDCC.

• Love 4
(edited)

I agree with @Angel12d. For the most part I always dread the crossover, and LOT characters always seems to be misplaced & misused in them. This is a gift to LOT in my opinion. Now I wonder if Flash will have their 100th during this xover too? If so, it's gonna be a damn mess. Having your 100th during the xover is shitty enough (see Arrow's 100th) but to share not only with a crossover, but a low key backdoor pilot? Berlanti doesn't GAF about these shows lol.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

I was wondering if SA's big announcement was that this was the last year of Arrow and TPTB put the kibosh on it, and a new Batwoman show could be a good replacement. 

I'm actually bummed LOT won't be a part of the crossover. The whole point is seeing characters mix who wouldn't normally do so. Ah well. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Sigh, good and bad feelings. At least LOT won't have to end on everyone but their own characters once again, and with the slightly reduced eps I'd rather they focus on their own characters for most eps, maybe with some BS crossover etc... (which I'm not looking forward to). 

Called the (probable) new show when it was announced that she would be in it. 

Flash 100 might be crossover (not confirmed)  but I think it will get better treatment than Arrow 100. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I was wondering if SA's big announcement was that this was the last year of Arrow and TPTB put the kibosh on it, and a new Batwoman show could be a good replacement. 

Thinking about it more I think it wasn't necessarily an announcement that Arrow was ending so much as just that Arrow was going to introduce Batwoman who would now have her own show, just like how SA was super excited to announce that Batwoman would be a thing in general, although I'll admit I'm mostly just hoping. Personally I think announcing in advanced that a new show will basically replace another show is kind of in bad taste (and that's not even including whatever may happen in the crossover, which might make it better--introducing her as a cool supporting character you'd want to follow- or worse--putting a lot of focus on her and taking it away from already established characters, including ostracizing one show and taking away a show's 100th episode special) and already feel some resentment, ngl.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Flash 100 might be crossover (not confirmed)  but I think it will get better treatment than Arrow 100. 

Barry could slather himself in poo and spend the whole hour running around Central City in circles and that would be better treatment than Arrow got, LOL. 

• Love 13

The Batwoman series now in development for The CW will not only feature TV’s first gay lead character, but an out lesbian actress will ideally fill the title role

And I love the sentiment and hopefully it does work, but I'm kind of wary about the practicalities of trying to do this.

11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Are... um.   Are they allowed to do that?  Not that I mind in the least,  but I didn't think you were allowed to request actors be of a certain sexual orientation.   Because this came up a few years ago with the Real O'Neals, they wanted a gay actor for the lead but couldn't actually specify that andwere very pleased that Noah Galvin got the role. 

• Love 2

Yeah, that doesn't seem quite right.  I think they can get away with stating that they encourage and maybe even prefer a lesbian actress but I can't see them actually denying any other orientation.  It would be like saying only Jewish actors are allowed to audition for a Jewish character, etc.

• Love 1

I think they can specify that in their casting call just like they do when they want other requirements for a character in casting calls.

I do wonder if they've already found the actress and this casting call backs up them hiring an out lesbian actress.

(edited)

My issue would be that even if they toe the line of legality by wanting/searching for a lesbian actress but not rejecting a person purely because of sexual orientation, it's kind of invasive to ask someone to willingly promote their sexuality (totally not personal) for years to come as a defying trait of being cast and also...actors lie.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
Just now, way2interested said:

My issue would be that even if they toe the line of legality by wanting/searching for a lesbian actress but not rejecting a person purely because of sexual orientation, it's kind of invasive to ask someone to willingly promote their sexuality (totally not personal) for years to come as a defying trait of being cast and also...actors lie.

this is very true. I think it could have been something done behind the scenes but publicizing it is  a bit risky. 

(edited)

As well as the human rights issue, if the lesbian actress they got wasn't great, people would say that 'X' would have been better but didn't get the job because she's not lesbian. Not to mention that it risks getting the possible new series tanked.

This is the sort of thing that they could tell the casting director and hope he finds the right person who is also lesbian and out, but it's seems stupid to put it in a press release.

Edited by statsgirl

Lots of announcements.

Pro: a non powered female super hero. Yay!

Con: crossover sounds like a mess. I’m worried Kate is joining Arrow for the rest of the season. 

This.   Tell David that you want to cast a lesbian and hope he succeeds.   That way,  if he does,  if anything you could play it as an "how amazing the stars aligned" kind of thing. 

Yeah, the sentiment is good I guess but you can't ask people to put their sexual orientation on their resume, just trying to guess is just as bad and then there are those willing to lie to get the job. Better to get the right actress for the job first. 

I'm a little annoyed that they rarely mention Sara in these things. I know she's bisexual and only the de facto lead  of LOT but she's probably getting a somewhat steady girlfriend as a new regular (as far as we know lesbian) next season. And then there are the articles which act like Batgirl would be the only gay superhero on the CW apart from The Ray, which makes me wince even for bloomin Curtis, let alone Annisa etc. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I picked izombie and got all the tech people. I also choose Giant Beebo as my villian that could be why. Although he murdered a demon with cuddles so he's no slouch in the badass department. 

Edited by Sakura12

I got: Barry Allen, Ray Palmer, and Wally West
You’re a combo of Barry, Ray, and Wally. You’re genuine, imaginative, and adventurous. You’re a bit of a goofball, but you just love to have a good time. You make friends with everyone you meet and you’re always looking to make the world a better place.

(edited)
11 hours ago, JJ928 said:

Caroline Dries writing Batwoman??. Ugh, I want this to be good but that alone doesn’t give much confidence.

Ali Adler might have been good for this. Too bad she's not working with Berlanti Prods. anymore.

I actually am surprised that they let Berlanti develop a Batwoman show. I know it's not the same as Batman, but it's close enough with Gotham as the setting. This opens up even more Batman characters, and I thought they would want to keep those for for other, bigger outlets. Plus, the DC comics saturation on CW; but then that makes it more plausible that one of the shows is ending next season.

Between this and the Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey movie, I'm sad that BoP isn't coming to TV anytime soon.

10 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I agree with @Angel12d. For the most part I always dread the crossover, and LOT characters always seems to be misplaced & misused in them. This is a gift to LOT in my opinion. Now I wonder if Flash will have their 100th during this xover too? If so, it's gonna be a damn mess. Having your 100th during the xover is shitty enough (see Arrow's 100th) but to share not only with a crossover, but a low key backdoor pilot? Berlanti doesn't GAF about these shows lol.

Only one site is reporting that Legends will be absent, so I'm skeptical for now. Flash's 100th is definitely a crossover episode. But I don't see that as a bad thing; I thought that Arrow managed to have a good tribute and move along the crossover story. One thing that might be better for Flash's 100th is that it won't be in the middle of the crossover - if they don't change the shows' time slots.

However, the backdoor pilot aspect does concern me, though. It's most likely going to be Earth-1 Batwoman (and a Batman/street-level villain), so I wonder how they'll include Supergirl, and the other overpowered metahuman characters.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1