Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I’m pretty sure she was the only one.

This is why I roll my eyes at KC and DP being apart of sheority. KC comments about how warm and friendly the environment is for woman and mentioning DP by name, when both of them were excluding female cast mates and liking shady tweets.

Except unlike DP, KC seems to actually get along with majority of the female cast members. She of course knew DP pre-Arrowverse and vacationed with Emily, lived with Caity and hung out with CP so her comments dont seem far off. 

Of course I have no idea what went on between CP/DP but I do remember CP saying that she just isn't that social and at least in the past used to spend fly back to LA to spend time with people. So that may play a part in their overall relationship. CP seems closest to CL/KL. No clue how she is with everyone else sans GG 

Edited by Primal Slayer
15 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Except unlike DP, KC seems to actually get along with majority of the female cast members. She of course knew DP pre-Arrowverse and vacationed with Emily, lived with Caity and hung out with CP so her comments dont seem far off. 

KC wasn’t publicly friendly with EBR and CL until season 4. And I don’t remember her ever hanging out with CP.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

KC wasn’t publicly friendly with EBR and CL until season 4. And I don’t remember her ever hanging out with CP.

I was going to say.  I remember EBR and CL (and now JH), but I don’t remember ever seeing anything with CP.

(edited)

For some reason I’ve had the impression, based on nothing really, that CP isn’t all that fond of KC.  I think it goes back to that Comic-Con where she called CL/Sara “Black Canary” and got raked over the coals for it by the KC/ Laurel stans.  I know that’s not evidence of anything really, but I guess it created that impression in my mind.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

They never seemed remotely close in the first place. Wasnt CP one of the few Flash cast members to not attend DPs wedding?

I feel like she did go actually. There was a video of her on her birthday last year (which was DP's wedding day....) surrounded by people confirmed to have been there. Plus she looked fairly made up, in a hotel/hotel bed. 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

KC/EBR appeared to grow close during the 2nd half of s3 and KC/CL/CP all hung out one day, pretty sure it was on CL IG story year/year and half ago.

Edited by Primal Slayer
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I didn’t know about EBR unfollowing DP.

I don't know if she ever followed DP on instagram, but she doesn't as of now. She does on twitter though, but after the detagging that's not worth much (side note: anyone remember which tweet convo that was? I want to find it and laugh). 

Just now, wingster55 said:

She does on twitter though, but after the detagging that's not worth much (side note: anyone remember which tweet convo that was? I want to find it and laugh). 

I have no idea what you’re talking about *clueless*

I think CP did go to her wedding actually.

But yeah, it's more than obvious they do not like each other. I was saying in the Flash forum, I don't how that doesn't make for an uncomfortable set, because it IS hard to spend a lot of time around someone you genuinely dislike, even if there's other people around. Yes, they're getting paid and professional, but I would still think the other actors would notice this coldness/tenseness. I guess everyone just ignores it, like they ignore each other (but even that in itself would create a weird tension in the air that's noticeable- I've had experience with this, lol, and my situation wasn't nearly as many hours as these people are forced to spend together).

(edited)
6 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

I don't know if she ever followed DP on instagram, but she doesn't as of now. She does on twitter though, but after the detagging that's not worth much (side note: anyone remember which tweet convo that was? I want to find it and laugh). 

She did follow her but I’m not sure when she unfollowed, could have been recent or a while ago. She untagged DP in this (luckily Emily rarely tweets, so it was easy to find). But more noteworthy is her leaving DP out of her woman’s day post while including mostly everyone else.

4DC9CFB0-8CBE-47A6-948C-4DFD72DD7C36.jpeg

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I have no idea what you’re talking about *clueless*

It was a while back, but if I recall Emily was responding to a tweet about something (fan's tweet?) where she and Danielle were tagged. EBR responded to the tweet but actually detagged DP from her response. 

Or what @JJ928 said. Thanks for the evidence. 

Edited by wingster55
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If CP did go to DPs wedding then I'm even more intrigued by what caused their further alleged falling out.

Well to invite literally everyone except her would have made a much more glaring statement I think. But I do think something must have happened since then, since she unfollowed her on instagram and twitter just this year.

Edited by ruby24
31 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

KC/EBR appeared to grow close during the 2nd half of s3 and KC/CL/CP all hung out one day, pretty sure it was on CL IG story year/year and half ago.

You mean when they started to share the same PR team? 

• Love 1

So apparently Nora (Westallen baby will be born in 2024). She is 24 years old and traveled 30 years into the past. It all happened in 2017/2018. So not sure an WA baby will be seen onscreen. 

9 hours ago, JJ928 said:

She did follow her but I’m not sure when she unfollowed, could have been recent or a while ago. She untagged DP in this (luckily Emily rarely tweets, so it was easy to find). But more noteworthy is her leaving DP out of her woman’s day post while including mostly everyone else.

And immediately after CL tweeted about DP letting her come over and use her face stuff, CP tweeted this, which a lot of people thought might be connected. 

There’s also lots of talk that during the Flash panel, CP was the only one on stage who didn’t clap when they mentioned that DP will be directing an episode, but I can’t find a clip.

(edited)

Panelists included composers, Blake Neely (Arrowverse shows) and Kurt Farquhar (Black Lightning)...

MUSICAL ANATOMY OF A SUPERHERO // Comic-Con 2018
Published on Jul 24, 2018, by fandomnessa

-- On scoring last year's "Crisis on Earth-X" crossover, Blake Neely: "This is one of my favorite things to do each year, is to do a mash-up of all their themes. So this is the big suit-up... We usually don't have live orchestras on the superhero shows, but it was two-night, four-part huge thing, and I'm like, we have to have orchestra for this, it's going to be massive. So we did get an orchestra for this one, which was a lot of fun, just to make it even harder to get done in a week."

-- On how many superhero shows does he have in him, since he scores Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and LoT (mod mistakenly thought he also scored Titans), Blake Neely: "I'm not doing Titans... How many superhero shows do I have in me? One of the reasons I'm not doing Titans is because I didn't have that many in me, but now that I heard the announcement of Batwoman, it's like, 'maybe I have another one in me.' That could be really fun."

-- On how he manages so many shows, Blake Neely: "Well, the real way that I try to help myself is that I make the shows sound different from each other, but then make them where they could blend together, so it's sort of, they're in the same universe... It's managed by their themes, different themes used. Um, I have a team of co-writers now that help me, that are also credited on the shows, if you watch... I don't know. I sleep at Starbucks, that's how I manage. But it's fun. It's a lot of fun."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Trisha said:

And immediately after CL tweeted about DP letting her come over and use her face stuff, CP tweeted this, which a lot of people thought might be connected. 

There’s also lots of talk that during the Flash panel, CP was the only one on stage who didn’t clap when they mentioned that DP will be directing an episode, but I can’t find a clip.

You can see everyone's hand when they are clapping but Candice is just sitting there with a sour face when it panned over them In the video on YouTube I saw.

6 hours ago, olicityfan25 said:

You can see everyone's hand when they are clapping but Candice is just sitting there with a sour face when it panned over them In the video on YouTube I saw.

They are actors.  You'd think they could at least act like they didn't hate each other.  At least when they technically are on the job.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Another Batwoman audition (same audition scenes, as transcribed upthread)...

CHLOE ZUEL_ ARROW
Posted: Jul. 26, 2018, by Chloe Zuel

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Tom King’s Dystopian TV Drama States of America in Development
by Kevin Melrose   July 25, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-dystopian-drama-states-america-tv/

Tom King, the Eisner Award-winning writer of DC’s Batman, is making a move into television with the dystopian drama States of America.

Developed by Playground (Wolf Hall, The White Princess) and First Look Media’s Topic Studios, the one-hour drama is set in a deeply divided United States that, after an unprovoked act of war, is forced to suffer foreign occupation for the sake of an uneasy peace.

States of America is said to combine “the thrill and intrigue of speculative fiction with the modern fears and anxiety of the War on Terror” to explore “a world where the old, small differences that divide this country have become the war cries of new nations.”

A former counterterrorism operations officer for the CIA, King wrote the 2012 superhero novel A Once Crowded Sky before going on to earn acclaim for his work on such comics as DC’s Nightwing, The Omega Men and The Sheriff of Babylon, Marvel’s The Vision and, currently, DC’s Mister Miracle and Batman. His DC miniseries, Heroes in Crisis with artist Clay Mann, will debut in September.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Comic-Con Recap: Confab Falls Short On Surprises, Hits High Notes With Fandom & Activations
by Dino-Ray Ramos  July 25, 2018 
https://deadline.com/2018/07/comic-con-2018-recap-aquaman-wonder-woman-1984-shazam-warner-bros-dc-activations-brooklyn-nine-nine-1202432695/

Normally, there are huge exciting reveals that come out of the various Hall H panels, but this year there wasn’t much of that. Marvel was a master of that as they were known for giving Earth-shattering news that would make the crowd go wild. Last year’s Infinity War footage drove the fans crazy and the announcement of Michelle Pfeiffer joining the cast of Ant-Man and the Wasp was a huge deal. Even on the Fox side, Noah Hawley revealed he was developing a Doctor Doom movie during last year’s Legion panel. And then there was the official unveiling of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel — which was a peak moment. This year, the biggest news and surprises to come out of Hall H were the trailers, but not much else. Sure, Johnny Depp came out to surprise everyone in character during the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald panel, but there was an awkward hush that came over the audience when he recited his soliloquy. The level of surprise was initially there but died down fast. Maybe it was because of the headline-making baggage that he is carrying around. Also, I can only imagine the level of awkwardness backstage considering his ex, actress Amber Heard, was also at the WB panel for Aquaman

Although every panel attended was fun, I didn’t feel that level of off-the-charts excitement and surprise once during the Con. The closest was during the Brooklyn Nine-Nine panel (which I will get into later). ...
There was also a lack of surprising excitement on the TV side as well. The Arrow-verse came out in full force and besides a couple of casting announcements, nothing revelatory came out of their panels. Same goes for Riverdale, Supernatural and a lot of Comic-Con standards. Despite not receiving loads of breaking news, the confab treated fans to sneak peeks of a lot of new shows including Magnum P.I., Castle Rock, Deadly Class, Manifest, Charmed, and others. And how could we forget about the Breaking Bad reunion? It was clear that TV outweighed film at this year’s Con.

Edited by tv echo
13 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

They are actors.  You'd think they could at least act like they didn't hate each other.  At least when they technically are on the job.  

Candice wasn't making faces imo..she did smile whenever someone mentioned Danielle directing. Re: clapping CP rarely does that in any panel or interview. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

In light of our earlier CP and DP musings, I wonder if this is show related:

That makes me wonder if the shady tweets/IG stories CP has been posting since the spring have been about DP directing an episode. IIRC, that’s when shows start lining up directors for the next season.

(edited)

Wow! I missed so much. Just saw all that has happened between DP and CP at Comic con. 

They used to be a little more polite with each other than that but I guess something must have happened. Still I don’t think CP was shading DP for the last few weeks. 

If anythjng, I always felt CP was alienated during this first seasons of TF until Violett and Keiynan came on the show. I mean CL and EmBett were on other shows and couldn’t hang with her like these 2 others can. 

Edited by TwistedandBored
Edited old opinion out