Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

That's another thing Black Siren ruined, they tried so hard to convince everyone that Black Siren was Quentin's "daughter" that they forgot he still had a real daughter Sara. I don't want her ruining Legends with another show pretending BS is Laurel. She's not Sara's sister, Sara has no connection to that woman. Sara has no reason to want to speak her since she's the reason Quentin turned in a dumbass and got himself killed for her. 

• Love 11

Yeah he's *actually* Sara's E1 father, a fact that he and the writers forget quite a bit. I know she can't be constantly guest starring and whatever plan they floated about PB in an ep of LOT didn't work out, but come on someone at least mention her to him or think about calling her (they do have the Waverider cell phone number after all).

As for BS on LOT, I think she's more than likely to turn up, but anyone thinking she should be a regular next season is currently out of touch. They've announced 3 new female regulars in the last few months, plus Constantine who by his nature is a character who is going to eat up a lot of screentime (and scenery). Plus Kuasa is also said to be returning. And Gary. That's already a lot of regulars and semi regulars to pack into 16 episodes.

And just IMPO, no thank you. I'd rather she not be on Arrow either but I guarantee you the minute BS/KC steps foot on Waverider there will be people campaigning for her to become fully redeemed and take over as Captain from Sara because well she's Comics! and there are already *to my surprise at one point* a bunch of people upset that an "MG" (but not really guys) character is front and centre and all canon characters follow her and that even *gasp* Constantine seems to like her, never mind that they bonded over actual moments shown on all their shows.

• Love 4

Oh that’s interesting - I hadn’t heard that about Kuasa. 

But yes.  Legends has ten regulars at last count, not counting the semi-regulars like Gary.  Even if all of them aren’t in every episode, that’s still a lot of characters to work with in a 16 episode season.   

No matter what, people will always be campaigning for somethin so regardless if she shows up, if people want her to "Captain" they are going to think that either way. 

But here's to hoping to get some decent Sara/'Laurel' bonding on both shows. 
01-holding-wedding-toast-advice.gif

At least with MG not running the show, Sara may be allowed to show up more.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

No matter what, people will always be campaigning for somethin so regardless if she shows up, if people want her to "Captain" they are going to think that either way. 

But here's to hoping to get some decent Sara/'Laurel' bonding on both shows. 
01-holding-wedding-toast-advice.gif

But for what? Arrow has its own characters they have to incorporate more. I find it hard to believe Sara will be making a trip to Starling City to visit Bs? And i dont know why MG would have been the reason why Sara didnt show up on Arrow? Since he advocated for an episode about girl kicking ass only if Sara would be there. I dont think MG had any issues with letting Sara crossover. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Why do you think MG had anything to do with Sara not showing up? He’s always seemed to be a big fan of hers.  If anything, I’d say there’s less chance now than before.

Besides, didn’t someone here post something about Caity saying she thinks the shows are moving to be more standalone, rather than less?  Maybe I have that confused, but it seems like it was in something where she was asked how Sara is going to deal with the loss of her father.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Why do you think MG had anything to do with Sara not showing up? He’s always seemed to be a big fan of hers.  If anything, I’d say there’s less chance now than before.

Besides, didn’t someone here post something about Caity saying she thinks the shows are moving to be more standalone, rather than less?  Maybe I have that confused, but it seems like it was in something where she was asked how Sara is going to deal with the loss of her father.

He never seemed that interested in having her crossover even though she has ties to everyone and he had the ability to make it happen. I think he is a total fan of hers but it was weird how he treated her ties to the show. The one time she does "crossover" to the show before the finale its in a book, something that could've and should've been on screen.

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

He never seemed that interested in having her crossover even though she has ties to everyone and he had the ability to make it happen. I think he is a total fan of hers but it was weird how he treated her ties to the show. The one time she does "crossover" to the show before the finale its in a book, something that could've and should've been on screen.

Or maybe its just logistic and honoric the main characters of the show and where they are. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

Or maybe its just logistic and honoric the main characters of the show and where they are. 

Nah, he helped find time to let Oliver crossover a couple of times. Sara being there for her father for an episode wouldn't have killed them.

(edited)

In both cases, it is the bride who walks away...

BATMAN AND THE X-MEN WEDDING DRAMAS ARE THE LATEST IN COMICS' MATRIMONIAL INSANITY
John Wenz   Jul 4, 2018
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/batman-and-the-x-men-wedding-dramas-are-the-latest-in-comics-matrimonial-insanity

Superhero romance is … fraught. Marriage doubly so, as Batman and the X-Men found out yet again this week. After all, even in the happiest marriages, your spouse might suddenly die at the hands of an ancient madman or get tossed into the far past for a spell, leaving you at the mercy of a sexy fishman. 
... For months, Marvel hyped the issue as the wedding of Colossus, a strong man with metal skin, and Kitty Pryde, who he’d known since she was 13 and was best friends with his sister.
But in a shocking twist, a now-adult Pryde left him at the altar, using her powers to become intangible to sink into the Earth and get away from it all.

And now, after months of similar hype with the Batman/Catwoman wedding, DC is having Catwoman become a no-show for the wedding, claiming that it will help make sure he stays Batman because he needs deep unhappiness to fight crime in the semi-authoritarian manner he already employs.

Now, Marvel and DC have often cut it close with storylines and new characters as a way to compete with each other, but I can’t think of a time when two high-profile weddings both ended up with the characters not getting married in the end after months of hype.

Sure, of the weddings listed on the Marvel Wikia, only nine haven’t resulted in death, annulment, or divorce. And it’s not the first time an X-Man or Woman has left their betrothed at the altar. In an era no one likes to talk about, Havok left Polaris at the altar in 2004. That event, though, was barely hyped and seemed to be chiefly motivated by the hyper-soap-opera elements of the time period under reviled X-Men scribe Chuck Austen. Many years prior, in 1983, the wedding of Wolverine and Mariko Yashida ended with a mind-controlled Mariko leaving him at the altar in a tragic (but much better received) storyline written by Chris Claremont.
So two high-profile nuptials throttled not by supervillains, but by cold feet. In both cases, the outcome was spoiled by the New York Times reporting on the events just days before. Of any wedding not predicated on a bad faith ploy, the coincidental-ish timing is certainly strange. As comics struggle to keep up sales compared to their on-screen namesakes, both issues also serve as bizarre “gotchas!”

Sure, the marriages may not last. Death, divorce, time displacement, demons, impersonators, and editorial interference may scuttle all the happiness the couple had in store. But — even with some precedent — it may leave a bad taste in the mouth of some readers too bludgeoned with event after event, relaunch after relaunch.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Nah, he helped find time to let Oliver crossover a couple of times. Sara being there for her father for an episode wouldn't have killed them.

At the point where LL died Arrow was going in their final episodes. Caity Lotz was most likely already on hiatus ... so her availability should be considered also. While the Oliver appearances were when all the shows were in filming mode. 

So did MG hate Ray Palmer also because he never let him come back to crossover. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

At the point where LL died Arrow was going in their final episodes. Caity Lotz was most likely already on hiatus ... so her availability should be considered also. While the Oliver appearances were when all the shows were in filming mode. 

So did MG hate Ray Palmer also because he never let him come back to crossover. 

She was already on hiatus when she filmed her cameo for the S7 finale.....and even then it doesnt make sense why Sara couldn't have popped over at the beginning of S7 for the quick brunch she had with Quentin in the books.

I never said he hated Sara so I dont know where hate comes into this. Ray has less of a reason to crossover then Sara does but sure lets bring him for the ride! He can team up with Felicity and Curtis for some new Helix invention.

• Love 1

In an abstract sense, there is a lot of logic in having BS move permanently to LoT, not that I'm agreeing with what I see as also a lot of nonsense on the list, but the one point made that stands IMO is that LoT is good letting grey or even dark characters be themselves while becoming something more.  BS could get IMO a lot better writing on LoT.

But this switch wouldn't be happening in the abstract.  For one, it's not just the character that would come over, but the actress that plays her and while a JB, BR and the guys that play DD and Eobard just needed a platform to shine, I can't say that I think the platform is KC's issue.  She makes choices that makes me dislike her character whether good or evil or in between. 

And then there are other tangible issues like how bringing in BS to explore her status in regard to Sara and any flickering good she might have in her would mean displacing other relationships already on Legends that Sara has.  As it is, Sara already has Ava and Constantine likely keeping her busy and more distant from the rest of her crew.  Logistically, I just can't imagine them being able to shoehorn another key relationship to explore and if BS wasn't going to be a key relationship, there wouldn't be much point in bringing her over. 

If they ever did, the one thing I wouldn't worry about if they went by previously established character is BS ever taking over as Captain.  They've clearly established that BS gravitates toward being told what to do.  She's shown no leadership inclinations.  It wouldn't stop her fans from wanting to push that agenda, but it doesn't track with who that character is.  She's not a Leonard Snart that always has a plan, more a Mick without IMO the loyalty and entertainment value.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

That's another thing Black Siren ruined, they tried so hard to convince everyone that Black Siren was Quentin's "daughter" that they forgot he still had a real daughter Sara. I don't want her ruining Legends with another show pretending BS is Laurel. She's not Sara's sister, Sara has no connection to that woman. Sara has no reason to want to speak her since she's the reason Quentin turned in a dumbass and got himself killed for her. 

This is the problem with keeping her on Arrow too. With Quentin dead, she has no connection to any of the other characters. Oliver doesn't trust her. Felicity never trusted her. She killed Dinah's boyfriend. She beat up Oliver's sister. She worked for the guy who killed William's mom. She's the reason why Diaz isn't in custody and Oliver's wife and son need to be in protective custody. A (possible) temporary alliance to take Diaz off the board doesn't change any of her history with Team Arrow. Once that's done, there's no logical reason why any of them should give two shits about her.  

I agree with the article to the extent that I think there's more potential for BS to have a fresh start and be her own character on LoT. But that's only because, on Arrow, her skills are redundant and none of the remaining characters miss Laurel enough to justify replacing her with the closest living substitute. The fact that she's outlived her usefulness on Arrow (twice) just means she should be gone from Arrow; not that her story needs to continue somewhere else. However, TPTB seemed determined to make her the new Malcolm Merlyn, keeping her around long past the point where it makes any sense.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 14
29 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

She was already on hiatus when she filmed her cameo for the S7 finale.....and even then it doesnt make sense why Sara couldn't have popped over at the beginning of S7 for the quick brunch she had with Quentin in the books.

I never said he hated Sara so I dont know where hate comes into this. Ray has less of a reason to crossover then Sara does but sure lets bring him for the ride! He can team up with Felicity and Curtis for some new Helix invention.

But it depends on the availability of the actress if she is able to make a guest appearance while she is already on hiatus. Maybe Caity was finally free to do it this time. And why should these things always happen on Arrow. If i remember correctly beginning of s6 of Arrow had more important things to handle then if Quentin and Sara have brunch.  Especally when they teased who survived s5 finale the whole hiatus long. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

But it depends on the availability of the actress if she is able to make a guest appearance while she is already on hiatus. Maybe Caity was finally free to do it this time. And why should these things always happen on Arrow. If i remember correctly beginning of s6 of Arrow had more important things to handle then if Quentin and Sara have brunch.  Especally when they teased who survived s5 finale the whole hiatus long. 

Quentin is an Arrow character lol. How is it absurd that he have a scene with his daughter on his show to help develop his storyline? 

• Love 1

I wanted to read the issue before weighing in so here's my thoughts on #50. 

The issue itself is honestly very good.  It's a double issue and they use the extra pages to again pay homage to the history between the characters.  They even used art from various illustrators who have worked on Bat/Cat stories in the past in between the ongoing story pages. 

What DC did wrong is threefold: the story set-up, the hype, and misreading their audience.

1) The story set-up.  When you read Batman Rebirth, and #50 in particular, you see DC and Tom King do a magnificent job of laying out the story so that readers are shown that Bruce and Selina, with and without their cowls, completely love each other and want to spend their lives together.  It builds to their wedding at a good pace, with logical stepping stones, and without sacrificing either character or the general story being told.  What they did not do was lay legit groundwork for Selina to choose to leave Gotham rather than marry Bruce on that rooftop.  They half-assed it in #49 with Selina and Joker having a talk while each was lying on rubble trying not to bleed out.  Joker tells Selina that Bats can't be happy because he loses what makes him Batman and then the issue ends with Selina doing a Joker laugh to let us know that he got to her in some capacity.  Since her laugh wasn't followed upon in #50 or Catwoman #1, they still have an out for future issues if they want to imply that she was sprayed with Joker gas, or even Scarecrow's gas (which would make way more sense), and influenced her behavior by giving into fears she otherwise wouldn't allow to take hold.  Seriously, when she's in her right mind, my girl Selina is the one saying "who cares?" in response to Bruce revealing that he almost killed the Riddler (War of Jokes and Riddles).  She's not the one who hears "he can't be happy because he's not Batman!" and agrees.  I'm expecting her to have been sprayed and will look for the reveal until the next reboot.  It's been done before with these two, though it's usually Bats getting sprayed and giving into his fears.  In fact, Selina isn't typically the one to end things, as she's usually in 110%, while Bats pushes her away at the slightest provocation, so this is a change even if it has no basis besides the recent issues.

Another way they failed to set-up Selina leaving is the reveal that Holly's in Arkham.  Last fall, Batman and Catwoman traveled to Nanda Parbat to find Holly and convince her to turn herself in for the murders Selina took the fall for.  They did this so they could legally get married.  Holly says no and they leave as they want her to do it of her own free will.  A few issues ago they even reference the fact that their marriage won't be legal since Selina's still wanted for escaping prison.  Suddenly, Holly's in Arkham and Bats is hunting for a judge to marry them, implying that it will be legal.  It's to set up the issue's end when Holly goes to Santa Prisca for the reveal that Bane was behind all of this as he's still on a quest to break Batman.  Now, Holly doesn't reveal Bats' true identity to Bane, so we'll no doubt learn that she's helping him under coercion, but her general presence comes out of nowhere.  Also, it's been a year since Bats and Cats had anything (storywise) to do with Bane so there was little set up there as well.  It does answer the question of how Joker and the other Rogues found out that they were getting married, as Bane no doubt told them after he was told by Holly, but there wasn't even a hint that Bane was playing the long game with his revenge. 

2) The hype.  This is the most obvious mistake.  DC has been hyping this wedding for a long damn time.  Those invitations that were handed out at cons, the many variant covers, the number of artists selling their own variants at Comic Con in two weeks, and the comic book store promotions led almost everyone to believe that it was actually happening and to celebrate accordingly.  I say almost because I knew it wasn't happening when I saw that they were giving Catwoman a solo story.  DC can marry the characters and have them each go on adventures but I knew they wouldn't.  So I've been prepared for a few months but I also wanted to be wrong so I waited it out.  The second they decided not to marry the characters in #50, they should have pulled the wedding theme promos and gone for the "will they or won't they get married?" ones instead.  Prepare people for the possibility and a lot less anger would ensue. 

Which brings me to...

3) Misreading their audience.  Like I said, I knew they wouldn't run solo stories for a married Bats and Cats.  I actually expect that the original plan was to marry them in #50 but, when they saw the popularity and positive response to the story, and especially Bats teaming up with Cats, they decided to give her a solo and delay their wedding.  I do think it will happen but they pushed it back to #100 (which is when I'd have had Selina giving birth to Helena but they didn't ask me, so...) and didn't think people would care so much.  I was at my comic book store just a little bit ago and even the guys who work there are pissed.  They'd only leafed through the issue, and they were glad to hear that I found it well done until the end, but they are just as pissed as the average reader.  They talked about being pissed at Marvel's wedding switch as well, so I think both companies need to rethink their approaches to how they hype stories versus how they actually turn out. 

Since I was expecting it, and caught some of the reactions earlier in the week after the interview spoiled everyone, I'm not mad.  I am disappointed that I was right and I hope they fix it, but I'm not going to stop reading the run.  I am looking forward to Comic Con even more now, and will try to attend as many DC comic panels as I can just to watch people rage at them, and I hope they take the response to heart.  Even if they don't, I have the previous issues and Batman Annual #2 to tide me over. 

• Love 7
(edited)

In this July 4th interview, Dan DiDio was still promoting Batman #50 as if the wedding takes place...

DiDio: "Most of the stores were open this midnight to have the big sale behind the Batman-Catwoman wedding... You know what the best part is that - not only is the Batman 50 coming out, where the wedding takes place, and it's a beautiful book - incredible art, incredible story by Tom King - uh, but also we put out Catwoman #1 by Joyelle Jones. Both coming out the same date. It's the culmination of so much work that Tom's done to date. You know, he has a vision for that series and, you know, it's his goal - I don't know if he's ever verbalized this, so I'm going to say it for him. His goal - he wants to be on for 100 issues. He feels that he has 100 issues of Batman inside him and this is just his halfway mark."

BATGIRL’s New Look + Dan DiDio Talks Wedding & Walmart
Published on Jul 4, 2018, by DC

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Read this kinda misleading synopsis for Catwoman #1 (which was released the same day as Batman #50 - July 4th)...

The wedding night’s barely over, but Catwoman’s back on the streets, this time to expose a copycat who’s pulling heists around Gotham City. As Selina cracks the whip on her former criminal cohorts, she’s attracting unwanted attention from one of Gotham’s most dangerous groups. The mob? Nope. Try the GCPD. And as if the Bat-Bride didn’t have enough problems, don’t miss the debut of an all-new villain determined to make trouble for all nine of Selina’s lives. Don’t miss the start of an all-new monthly series written and illustrated by Eisner Award-nominee Joëlle Jones!

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

One guy's opinion (not mine)...

THE 25 BEST ARROWVERSE EPISODES
BY JESSE SCHEEDEN   2 JUL 2018
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/02/the-25-best-arrowverse-episodes

25 "Falling" (Supergirl S1E16)
24 "Enter Zoom" (The Flash S2E6)
23 "Moonshot" (Legends of Tomorrow S2E14)
22 "Going Rogue" (The Flash S1E4)
21 "The Climb" (Arrow S3E9)
20 "Invasion!" (Arrow S5E8)
19 "The Runaway Dinosaur" (The Flash S2E21)
18 "The Brave and the Bold" (Arrow S3E8)
17 "Exodus" (Supergirl S2E15)
16 "Destiny" (Legends of Tomorrow S1E15)
15 "Tricksters" (The Flash S1E17)
14 "Unchained" (Arrow S4E12)
13 "Kapiushon" (Arrow S5E17)
12 "Raiders of the Lost Art" (Legends of Tomorrow S2E9)
11 "Sacrifice" (Arrow S1E23)
10 "Three Ghosts" (Arrow S2E9)
9 "Phone Home" (Legends of Tomorrow S3E4)
8 "The Odyssey" (Arrow S1E14)
7 "Welcome to Earth-2" (The Flash S2E13)
6 "Deathstroke" (Arrow S2E18)
5 "Duet" (The Flash S3E17)
4 "City of Blood" (Arrow S2E21)
3 "Fast Enough" (The Flash S1E23)
2 "Beebo the God of War" (Legends of Tomorrow S3E9)
1 "Lian Yu" (Arrow S5E23)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I got one answer wrong — and it was an Arrow one, LOL!

Reveal hidden contents

I picked Roy's fake name as Todd instead of Jason

Weird, I don’t remember getting that question. I wonder if there’s different sets of questions.

• Love 5

No, I just took it again, and I didn’t get the question about Roy.  Here’s my questions (no answers):

Spoiler

1.  Winn Schott is a plainclothes hero, fighting alien menace from behind a computer at the DEO. What was the criminal name given to his father?

2.  On Arrow’s 100th episode, the Dominators cause Team Arrow to hallucinate their “perfect reality.” In this world, who is Oliver Queen about to marry?

3. The Flash’s Eddie Thawne made the ultimate sacrifice to stop the Reverse Flash on Season 1. How was he related to the evil speedster?

4. Legends of Tomorrow’s Mick Rory has a way with words — smart alec words, that is. What team member did he give the nickname “haircut”?

5. On Supergirl, Kara’s adoptive father is a rather mysterious man, only making a handful of cameos throughout three seasons. What is his name?

6. Arrow’s main hero has gone by several aliases throughout its six seasons. Which season did he finally start going by the name Green Arrow?

7. On The Flash Season 2, we were introduced to the concept of other Earths. What was the name of Cisco Ramon’s Earth 2 counterpart?

8. The Legends of Tomorrow have made countless friends no matter where they have ended up in time. What year did the Legends take Vixen from?

9. Supergirl wasn’t always part of The CW’s superhero lineup. Which station was the show’s original home?

10. During his long journey to becoming Star City’s hero, Arrow’s Oliver Queen temporarily trained to become the next Ra’s al Ghul. What was his League of Assassin’s name?

11. The Flash Season 3, revealed the consequences of Barry Allen traveling back in time to save his mother. What was the name given to the “alternate reality” that his actions created?

12. Most of the team on Legends of Tomorrow have originated from different shows throughout the Arrowverse. What show did Hawkgirl debut on?

13. With so many alien species making appearances on Supergirl, National City is the true melting pot for the Arrowverse. What planet was Mon-El’s birthplace?

14. Arrow’s Oliver Queen isn’t the only archer that has graced the streets of Star City. Which one of these characters is NOT skilled with a bow and arrow?

15. Every Metahuman in the Arrowverse has a defining moment when they gain their abilities. What power did The Flash’s Cecille Horton receive while pregnant?

16. Sometimes it takes a team of heroes to take down a team of villains. What three villains made up the Legion of Doom on Legends of Tomorrow Season 2?

17. What show did The Flash’s Grant Gustin and Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist star on before they were heroes?

• Love 2
(edited)

Green Arrow is currently in the lead with 50.8% to Catwoman's 49.2% in this poll...

DC All Access: Catwoman vs. Green Arrow
By DCE Editorial   Friday, July 6th, 2018
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/07/06/dc-all-access-catwoman-vs-green-arrow

Welcome to “Versus,” a weekly live segment in which DC All Access attempts to answer the question that has haunted fans since the beginning of comic books: “Who would win?”

What hurts worse, a broken heart…or a broken nose? It’s possible Selina Kyle will be pondering this very question after today’s “Versus Live!” segment, which pits our runaway bride against the always straight-shooting Green Arrow. Pajiba’s Joelle Monique drops in to make the case for Catwoman, while Geek & Sundry’s Becca Scott throws down for her boy, Green Arrow. Selina knows everything there is about stealing, so will she run off with the win? Or will she recover from Cupid’s arrow just to get hit by one from Ollie? Watch the debate (it’s a fun one, y’all) and be sure to let us know who you think would win in the poll below.
Voting results will be tallied at 9:59 a.m. PST on Thursday, July 12th. To make sure they’re counted, get your votes in prior to then!

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

No, I just took it again, and I didn’t get the question about Roy.  Here’s my questions (no answers):

Reveal hidden contents

1.  Winn Schott is a plainclothes hero, fighting alien menace from behind a computer at the DEO. What was the criminal name given to his father?

2.  On Arrow’s 100th episode, the Dominators cause Team Arrow to hallucinate their “perfect reality.” In this world, who is Oliver Queen about to marry?

3. The Flash’s Eddie Thawne made the ultimate sacrifice to stop the Reverse Flash on Season 1. How was he related to the evil speedster?

4. Legends of Tomorrow’s Mick Rory has a way with words — smart alec words, that is. What team member did he give the nickname “haircut”?

5. On Supergirl, Kara’s adoptive father is a rather mysterious man, only making a handful of cameos throughout three seasons. What is his name?

6. Arrow’s main hero has gone by several aliases throughout its six seasons. Which season did he finally start going by the name Green Arrow?

7. On The Flash Season 2, we were introduced to the concept of other Earths. What was the name of Cisco Ramon’s Earth 2 counterpart?

8. The Legends of Tomorrow have made countless friends no matter where they have ended up in time. What year did the Legends take Vixen from?

9. Supergirl wasn’t always part of The CW’s superhero lineup. Which station was the show’s original home?

10. During his long journey to becoming Star City’s hero, Arrow’s Oliver Queen temporarily trained to become the next Ra’s al Ghul. What was his League of Assassin’s name?

11. The Flash Season 3, revealed the consequences of Barry Allen traveling back in time to save his mother. What was the name given to the “alternate reality” that his actions created?

12. Most of the team on Legends of Tomorrow have originated from different shows throughout the Arrowverse. What show did Hawkgirl debut on?

13. With so many alien species making appearances on Supergirl, National City is the true melting pot for the Arrowverse. What planet was Mon-El’s birthplace?

14. Arrow’s Oliver Queen isn’t the only archer that has graced the streets of Star City. Which one of these characters is NOT skilled with a bow and arrow?

15. Every Metahuman in the Arrowverse has a defining moment when they gain their abilities. What power did The Flash’s Cecille Horton receive while pregnant?

16. Sometimes it takes a team of heroes to take down a team of villains. What three villains made up the Legion of Doom on Legends of Tomorrow Season 2?

17. What show did The Flash’s Grant Gustin and Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist star on before they were heroes?

I got the same questions.  Nothing about Roy's name in the questions I got. That's a weird quiz.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
(edited)

Marvel and DC’s Big Wedding Twists: Who Did it Better?
July 6, 2018  by Ian Cardona
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-dc-wedding-twist-comparison-batman-catwoman-x-men/

Throughout the decades, Marvel and DC have been known to publish similar event stories around the same time — for example, DC’s 2015 event Convergence was just like Marvel’s Secret Wars event, or the New 52 and Marvel NOW! relaunches. Just recently, both the Justice League as well as the Avengers battled ancient giant space gods that had come to destroy the Earth in No Justice and Avengers respectively.

But that’s not all the big summer events that both companies have been building up to for a while now. For Marvel and DC, this year wasn’t just about death and destruction — it was also about love and celebration. Both publishers surprised their respective fans a while back by announcing the upcoming weddings of the X-Men’s Kitty Pryde and Colossus on the Marvel side, and Batman and Catwoman for DC.

Both have been dancing around committing to each other for decades, meaning that their readiness to settle down and finally embrace their love for each other had been a long time coming. Fans were excited for both weddings, and the publishers appropriately built a solid marketing campaign around each event. Marvel and DC both wanted us excited for the announced nuptials, and all manner of promotional material and variant covers helped solidify the importance of these momentous events.
Both issues featured their similar twists, in that the characters who were set to marry each other didn’t go through with the wedding. In fact, both female characters ended up leaving the men at the altar. They had their different reasons, but the result was the same — the hyped-up weddings didn’t take place, and fans were left shocked, if not outright angry. But who did it better? Which twist felt logical, and which felt forced?
Where one story featured what appears to be a definitive end of a long-standing comic book relationship, the other gave us the latest setback in an ongoing story. Marvel’s X-Men: Gold was a diversion, a ploy to get us to look left  the real wedding took place on the right, but DC’s Batman #50 told a human story of love and sacrifice that has been properly built up — and one that will continued to be built progresses.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Supergirl and Arrow make it onto the list.

Arrow

"Since the beginning, Oliver hasn't changed much as a character as he continues to drag everyone into shitty situations. All the characters, except maybe Felicity, fall into the same patterns season after season. Seriously, the team as a whole should've crashed and burned by like Season 3."

Supergirl

"Season 1 was fantastic, and I absolutely loved it, but the last two seasons haven't been very good. At the end of this season, none of my favorite characters are left, and the storylines are becoming more ridiculous. The show seems to forget that Kara is a badass, strong, and independent woman who doesn't need a man to help her save the world."

Edited by Primal Slayer

I won't read that article just because they dared put my beloved Gilmore Girls as the poster child for it.  That tells me I can ignore it all.  

It's such a silly kind of list too.  Every show is going to have some fans that don't like the direction a show is going to go or just get tired of it.  I personally don't think Supergirl had a good first season even if there were some elements that I really enjoyed.  (I miss Cat Grant) And Arrow has never been this perfect thing people think they remember from the early seasons. There are valid complaints about probably any show.  Doesn't mean others didn't also have valid reasons to keep on watching and enjoying it.   

• Love 6

I wonder how long it took Buzz feed to personally survey every single person around the world who watched those shows and determine their opinion to reach the conclusion that they no longer love them? Must have been an expensive endeavour hey? 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I wonder how long it took Buzz feed to personally survey every single person around the world who watched those shows and determine their opinion to reach the conclusion that they no longer love them? Must have been an expensive endeavour hey? 

They said people once loved and people were the ones who gave their opinions so there was no lie in their article.

Just like with any article or poll, it is never based on every.single.person in the world.

Entertainment Weekly - Superhero Insider: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Iron Man
July 7, 2018  Kyle Anderson

This week on Superhero Insider Kyle Anderson is joined by EW's Chance Agard and Devan Coggan! They breakdown Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, and flash back to Iron Man.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ant-Man and the Wasp is doing well at the box office so far this weekend...

‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’ Building $82M+ Nest; ‘Incredibles 2’ Half Billion Smashes Pixar Domestic All-Time Record – Update
by Anthony D'Alessandro  July 7, 2018 7:24am
https://deadline.com/2018/07/ant-man-and-the-wasp-opening-box-office-overperform-marvel-1202422128/ 

5TH Writethru, Saturday after Friday 11:44 PM post: Overall a respectable opening for Disney/Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp this weekend with projections currently showing an $82.4M 3-day which is 44% higher than the original title’s $57.2M opening. In addition Wasp‘s ticket sales are besting the low-end of tracking’s $75M forecast.

Also - warning: MAJOR SPOILERS in the following two articles...

We finally know how Ant-Man and The Wasp ties into Infinity War – [OMITTED WORDS]  

Ant-Man and the Wasp [OMITTED WORDS]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The wording "characters that are non-related to their respective comics" strikes me.  Felicity was not related to the Green Arrow, she was a Flash character. But maybe the author is just referring to taking villains from other comic book characters.

• Love 1