Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Karlophe said:

As to the rest of the now-old news, I'll admit I wasn't happy either. At all. I've only had a day to really process it, and it just seemed so disrespectful. Robbing two couples of having their own day and all of the little, special moments that come along with it, to then split that down the middle and anger their fan bases to boot. I don't know what they were thinking. It felt wrong to me.

They probably weren't. They were too busy planning out the action scenes.

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, I'm not expecting any first dances either. If anything, we might see Oliver and Barry talking off to the side, watching while Felicity and Iris are on a (makeshift*) dance floor with everyone else.

Now I really want Oliver and Barry to have the first dance with each other.

• Love 4

I don't know how they film these things technically. The Flash is apparently on Day 3 of their official episode 8, which is the crossover, but I think they've been filming stuff for it since last week? And Arrow doesn't starts theirs until Friday, so does that mean they've all been doing stuff for Flash/LOT this week, or are they still on their episode 7?

Seems like they're filming for their respective shows and also filming their bits for the crossover episodes. From SA's social media, he was filming for 607 on Monday, then was on the Flash set on Tuesday. EBR was also on location for Arrow 607 on Monday, and then this tweet implies she was filming for Flash on Tuesday. 

• Love 3
Just now, ruby24 said:

I don't know how they film these things technically. The Flash is apparently on Day 3 of their official episode 8, which is the crossover, but I think they've been filming stuff for it since last week? And Arrow doesn't starts theirs until Friday, so does that mean they've all been doing stuff for Flash/LOT this week, or are they still on their episode 7?

They stagger the actors to get a workable schedule for the characters they need/want for the scene, so even if their show is on a different episode, they can still do a work day on another show when they aren't on the scene for their show. If SA isn't in a scene for Arrow that day, he can go film for LoT or Flash on that day while Arrow is still on 607 and so on. As for possible early filming, sometimes production conveniences or problems push them to film things early or late depending on what's most convenient for the shows. For example, for that Kara/Iris/Felicity scene, if their subsequent shows didn't need them for certain scenes for that day, then it's probably better to get that scene out of the way because MB's schedule will probably be crazy.   

• Love 4

For the last two seasons, they've been filming stuff for the crossovers and the surrounding episodes out of order. They're presumably doing something similar this season to accommodate Benoist, Gustin and Amell - so, for instance, when those three are off shooting the Flash crossover scenes, Arrow will be shooting 607 and 609 scenes that Amell's not in. Once they start shooting the Arrow crossover scenes, Flash will start shooting 409 scenes that Gustin is not in.

There may also be some production crossover with the 10th episodes - the DVD commentaries have all noted that for the last three seasons, portions of the 9th episodes had to be shot during the 10th episode, under another director, to work around the crossover schedules, pushing parts of the 10th episode back as well. Parts of the flashbacks in Arrow 309, for instance, were shot during Arrow 310, forcing the Arrow 311 director to add in Arrow 310 pickups.  And that was when they were just juggling two shows.

I have to assume there will be even more of that this season, not just because they are filming four shows instead of three, but also because of the recent incident on Riverdale, which presumably means that they'll want to avoid having anyone shoot for 16 hours straight for at least a few weeks.

• Love 9

Didn't SA just post a short vid saying he was on day 7 of the crossover filming?  And that he pretty much will have no time off until November?  So I'm assuming that's how long it will take to catch up to the normal schedule.  

9 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Iris is a beautiful girl but when it comes to being checked out by her Oliver reacts like this:

8JqCVXqVVhH5kv6OC1c9Jma7W4CFYDkYrUkrId4z

Yeah..I expect Felicity to mention how beautiful Iris looks because it's the kind of (lovely) woman that she is. Pre island Ollie would have mentioned Iris' hotness but Oliver is very different..

Edited by Midnight Lullaby

Exclusive: Tom Welling invites the CW Flash to Race Through SMALLVILLE
Luis Lecca  September 26, 2017
http://nukethefridge.com/exclusive-tom-welling-invites-the-cw-flash-to-race-through-smallville/

I spoke to Tom Welling at a party for Fox’s Fall TV lineup where he’s staring in the next season of Lucifer. We talked for about an hour mostly about his experiences in Smallville. Recently, Welling has been asked about going on Supergirl but he feels his version of Clark Kent would not fit the tone of that show. After the long conversation about The Flash and The Multiverses, Tom Welling told me the following:

“I am willing to go on The Flash and I have a few ideas on how it can happen if the network asks me. In fact, I think I can make it happen.”

Now you may be thinking that “there’s already a Superman in Supergirl” but the thing is that the multiverses in The Flash can connect different Flashes and different Supermans.

Kyanna Simone Simpson Set To Recur In the CW Series ‘Black Lightning’
HBR Media Team  September 27, 2017
http://hollywoodsblackrenaissance.com/kyanna-simone-simpson-black-lightning/

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks actress Kyanna Simone Simpson has secured a recurring role in the CW’s upcoming DC drama Black Lightning, from Salim Akil, Mara Brock Akil and Greg Berlanti.
Simpson will play Kiesha, the partner-in-crime/best friend of Jennifer Pierce (China Anne McClain), who also attends Garfield High School. The daughter of Inspector Henderson (Damon Gupton), Kiesha will encourage Jennifer to challenge her image as the perfect principal’s daughter.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I've been pretty "Bah! Humbug" about all of the crossover spoilers (haven't heard any potential details I'm particularly excited to see, save Myson not being around), but apparently the squeeing fangirl inside me is not completely dead, because

9 hours ago, LeighAn said:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will probably love it however it happens.

• Love 7

My God, if Tom Welling has publically stated he's willing to show up on Flash in character as Clark Kent, the showrunners are INSANE if they don't make everyone in cast and crew sacrifice a body part to make that happen!!!

I mean - that's the principle character on the granddaddy series of modern comics television. *None* of this would be happening if Smallville hadn't proved it was viable. What a way to pay tribute!!

Edited by Miss Dee
Clarified my thoughts
  • Love 2

He didn't want to go on Supergirl but wouldn't mind being on The Flash? Strange but ok. I'd rather he didn't play Superman though, they have enough trouble trying to write Kara into the crossovers with non powered heroes, having him exist on E1 but never mentioned would be weird and I don't want them to have to get into a Superman vs Green Batman showdown, they've already got that with Oliver and Barry.

17 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

My God, if Tom Welling has publically stated he's willing to show up on Flash in character as Clark Kent, the showrunners are INSANE if they don't make everyone in cast and crew sacrifice a body part to make that happen!!!

I mean - that's the principle character on the granddaddy series of modern comics television. *None* of this would be happening if Smallville hadn't proved it was viable. What a way to pay tribute!!

Hmm, I kind of consider that Lois and Clark myself but I guess in terms of The CW it's correct. Though they certainly went out of their way to make S1 Arrow absolutely nothing like the character on Smallville.

Any news on The Flash‘s Westallen wedding during the crossover will be greatly appreciated! — Fowsia
How about pre-crossover? That “Girls Night Out” episode I previously told you about? It is indeed the respective bachelor and bachelorette parties for Barry and Iris. Here’s what you should know: Cisco’s best-laid plans go awry with the guys, while a familiar face crashes the girls’ party.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/28/spoiler-room-once-upon-time-greys-anatomy-flash/

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

My impression from that article was not that he would be on Earth-1 but that somehow one of the other Earths in Flash's multiverse would be the Smallville Earth.  

Same. He'd still be Smallville Clark which I love and hope they do.  I've been wanting a crossover between the two universes for awhile now.

• Love 1

And Alex's mom looks exactly like his mom. :)

57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Would you still take Welling knowing that at this point Clark would be married to (Erica Durance's) Lois Lane?

Clois never bothered me*, though I realize it's an extremely sore point for many here.

*although I never saw the last four seasons, other than the series finale .

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Would you still take Welling knowing that at this point Clark would be married to (Erica Durance's) Lois Lane?

Yes, dammit, even if I have to suffer Barn-Door Lois and the Pink Nightmare* to do so, I want Smallville!Clark to cross over into the Arrowverse. 

And please God, Welling's got enough clout to convince Michael Rosenbaum to go with him....

*title of my new band

Edited by Miss Dee
Wishing for ALL the things!
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Now, now. It's been six years. Plenty of time for Clark to realize that he's made a mistake and it's time for him to finally give into all of Lex's Very Gay Looks.

(what?)

• Love 7

Quick informal poll:  Who was your Smallville pairing?  (Not looking to start ship wars - just curious)

A.  Clex

B.  Clana

C.  Chlark

D.  Clois

E.  Chlollie

F.  Chlex

G. Lexana

H. Other

Edited by Starfish35
Just now, Starfish35 said:

Quick informal poll:  Who was your Smallville pairing?  (Not looking to start ship wars - just curious)

A.  Clex

B.  Clana

C.  Chlark

D.  Clois

E.  Chlollie

F.  Other

A. and D. 

I was always bummed at how wasted Kara was in the show once they introduced her.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

A.  Clex

B.  Clana

C.  Chlark

D.  Clois

E.  Chlollie

F.  Other

Clois but I also liked Chlollie, Oliver and Tess, Lana and Lex, Jimmy and Chloe.

• Love 1
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I know Lana and Lex was Lexana, but were there ship names for the other two?

I don't know. I wasn't part of the fandom back then. I just enjoyed watching the show and kept it pushing. It wasn't until TVD and shipping Delena that I became part of an online fandom. 

• Love 1

I've been out for a while. It took me over a week to read everything I've missed!

Don't forget that Arrow got screwed with their 100th episode with the crossover which is why I am expecting nothing for this crossover. I won't be watching it as I'm not watching the other 3 shows. 

However from everything I've read I would like to say that I believe that after an interrupted wedding for WA they will get married in the final episode along with OF. In the final episode Stein will die and will get cremated, maybe he is a Reform Jew? Everyone is there and OF realize that they could die without getting married and they want to get married before they die. They ask Diggle to marry them because Stein shows them that their love for each other deserves this marriage immediately. WA can't stop looking at each other during this impromptu wedding then nod to each other and ask Dig to marry them as well realizing the same thing as OF. I believe there will not be an actual celebration but more like a collective breath of 'we did it and now we can get on with our lives'. 

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Same. He'd still be Smallville Clark which I love and hope they do.  I've been wanting a crossover between the two universes for awhile now.

The one they probably really would want is Justin Hartley and his This is Us fame, lol.  Make him wear the Van Dyke.  

4 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

And Alex's mom looks exactly like his mom. :)

Clois never bothered me*, though I realize it's an extremely sore point for many here.

*although I never saw the last four seasons, other than the series finale .

That's a very crucial caveat to include since it was the seventh/eighth season where the clois monster started to rise, lol.  

As for pairings, I am a die hard Chlark fan with Chlois aspirations that also appreciated splashing in the shallows of Chlex, Chlollie and my own odd combo Chloe/Hawkman.  She was very shippable.  Hated her with Jimmy though. (Chimmy). The way they had to make her "lesser" to prop Jimmy's ego will forever burn but contrasting his whining and complaints and constant jealousy with Oliver's awe and appreciation is probably why I could enjoy her with Oliver even while remaining a true Chlarker.  

5 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I was an avid Chlex shipper once upon a time. Still bummed they never explored that pairing.

Even their fights were good though.  

Edited by BkWurm1

More Chlex fans than I would have thought! ;) I'll add them to the list.

I myself was mostly A with a side of D later on, although again with the caveat that I did not watch past season six.  I keep meaning to watch the later seasons now that Hulu has Smallville, mainly due to curiosity about Chlollie, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

49 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

A.  Clex

B.  Clana

C.  Chlark

D.  Clois

E.  Chlollie

F.  Other

C all the way!!

• Love 2

Started off Chlark, then Chlollie.

I barely remember most of the later seasons, but I do remember at one point going, "hmm, I don't hate Clana anymore, bet they'll break up for good soon" and then I think they did five minutes later?

And I think I remember sort of liking Lexana at some point?

I also think I ended up just being sort of resigned about Clois in the last season and maybe sort of liked them in some scenes?

Oh and I liked Lana/Jason before he went all crazy?

39 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The one they probably really would want is Justin Hartley and his This is Us fame, lol.  Make him wear the Van Dyke.  

I think he'd be open to it as would I lol. Seeing the two Olivers interact would be funny since they practically polar opposites.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

A.  Clex

B.  Clana

C.  Chlark

D.  Clois

E.  Chlollie

F.  Chlex

G. Lexana

H. Other

For me it would be F then E.  I loved Chlex and their Verbal Judo. When I knew that would never happen I started liking Chollie. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

A.  Clex

B.  Clana

C.  Chlark

D.  Clois

E.  Chlollie

F.  Chlex

G. Lexana

H. Other

None of the Above? I checked out of the show about halfway through, and I wasn't really invested in any pairing. Except maybe the messed up father-son dynamics of Lex/Lionel.

• Love 1

A.  Clex

B.  Clana

C.  Chlark

D.  Clois

E.  Chlollie

F.  Chlex

G. Lexana

H. Other

Chlollie and Clois. I feel a little bit sorry about all the hate poor Eric Durance gets. Is she Emmy winning acting? No but NOBODY on Smallville was. They were all different levels of mediocre to mildly ok actors, and Lois was one of the few  characters that got Clark to loosen up and not appear so whiny stiff or melodramatic around. Plus as a casual viewer who never followed Smallville fandom I really never saw the Chlark thing. I saw Chloe have a high school crush on him that she eventually grew up from but I never saw any signs Clark saw her the same way. 

I also didn't mind Oliver and Tess and thought they had a potentially interesting relationship had it been explored more and I didn't mind Oliver and Lois. 

• Love 5

A.  Clex

B.  Clana

C.  Chlark

D.  Clois

E.  Chlollie

F.  Chlex

G. Lexana

H. Other

Now as an actual poll if you so desire: (never used this before but we'll see if it works)

https://strawpoll.com/yk8xga8b

Edited by Starfish35
45 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Chlollie and Clois. I feel a little bit sorry about all the hate poor Eric Durance gets. Is she Emmy winning acting? No but NOBODY on Smallville was. They were all different levels of mediocre to mildly ok actors, and Lois was one of the few  characters that got Clark to loosen up and not appear so whiny stiff or melodramatic around. Plus as a casual viewer who never followed Smallville fandom I really never saw the Chlark thing. I saw Chloe have a high school crush on him that she eventually grew up from but I never saw any signs Clark saw her the same way. 

I also didn't mind Oliver and Tess and thought they had a potentially interesting relationship had it been explored more and I didn't mind Oliver and Lois. 

My issues with Lois was never acting ability or Chlark. I actually didn't mind ED and I genuinely liked her and Clark at times (later on). For me it was how they turned her into Lois the Reporter and what it did to Chloe.

Chloe loved journalism and ran the high school paper. Lois didn't care and only showed interested after she saw a barn door drop out of the sky, then she started writing crap for a tabloid.

Chloe got in at the ground of the Daily Planet and worked her way up. Lois ran into the newspaper talking about invisible alien ships and got hired as a full on reporter.

Chloe refused to back down from a story on the Luthors and got fired. Lois was sleeping with her editor and got to  take the company chopper to interview world leaders.

This is Lois Lane and this is the backstory they gave her? It was so hard to watch. I still don't understand why they had to write Lois like that. 

Ship wise, I'm still mad Chlex was never a thing. Even if it wasn't romantic these two should have been interacting on the regular. MR and AM were the best. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 8