Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Go to article link to read rest of article (I only quoted Arrow/Arrow-related portions below)...

Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends stars tease epic crossover
Stars of the CW Berlanti-verse answered fan questions at EW PopFest

BY MARY SOLLOSI  October 29, 2016
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/29/popfest-arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-tomorrow

EW’s Natalie Abrams moderated a superpowered panel featuring Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, Arrow’s Stephen Amell, The Flash’s Grant Gustin, Legends of Tomorrow’s Caity Lotz, and the mastermind behind them all, superproducer Greg Berlanti. The fivesome talked about their own respective shows as well as the Berlanti-verse’s upcoming four-way crossover, titled Invasion, which will see the heroes work together to take on the Dominators.

“They’re all going to have their own continuing storylines,” Berlanti assured the PopFest crowd. “It really does feel like, in the middle of the season, a three-hour movie.”

During the mega-crossover, Arrow will celebrate its landmark 100th episode, and Amell wouldn’t have it any other way. “To me, the 100th episode had to be a crossover,” he said, calling the team effort “emblematic” of what the show stands for. “It gives us a chance to do something for the fans that, in the normal course of our season, we would never get to do.”

Gustin, who has taken part in every crossover episode so far, promised that this new one will be unlike any that you’ve seen. “This one’s just bigger,” he said. “Almost everyone interacts with every other character at a certain point.”

Arrow fans also have the arrival of Dolph Lundgren to look forward to. The famed action star will soon debut as the flashback villain Kovar. “He brings a different energy to the show. The first time we meet him, it just feels different — even the way that it’s shot,” said Amell, who named Lundgren’s Universal Soldier, He-Man, and Rocky IV as three of his favorite movies growing up and could hardly contain his enthusiasm when it was pointed out that the two of them will probably get the chance to fight onscreen at some point. “I mean, come on,” he said. “Come on.”

On a more personal note for Oliver, the status of his relationship with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) will take center stage in the upcoming episode. “We haven’t really discussed our relationship yet this season,” Amell said, “but Oliver and Felicity discuss a little bit about the relationship, and where it is, in this week’s episode.” Berlanti added, “Obviously, they work together every week. They’re very close. I can’t imagine anyone that would ever be in either of their lives that would replace the other person.”
But Berlanti isn’t going to turn back. “I’m not sure that we can [return to the original timeline], given what we’ve established,” he said. “If we’re not challenging ourselves and creating new territory and new obstacles for the characters, I think it’s less rewarding to watch and probably less rewarding to play. We like to grow ourselves and grow our characters.”
Ultimately, the question came up over which superhero would win in a showdown between them, and a debate sparked among the actors. Benoist, naturally, thought Supergirl would reign supreme. “She’s got heat vision! She flies!” she argued. Amell wasn’t having it. “I’ll let you destroy each other and then I’ll come in and mop up,” he said.

It was Berlanti who finally put an end to the argument: “You’ll see some of that in the crossover.”

Video clip from above article...

-- On the mega-crossover, SA said that they had their individual scenes but also there were these big scenes like one with 20 superheroes in an airport hangar, so "it looked like and felt like a big three, four hour movie."  GG mentioned that he and SA just picked up this "really intimate scene" this week, and SA joked that he's spent more time with GG "than he'd like." GG also said that this crossover is just a lot bigger than previous crossovers, that they have 17 characters in multiple scenes, and that everyone interacts with just about everyone else. MB said that Kara just wanted to be accepted and be "one of the cool kids." She had good interactions with "almost everyone there." GB said that it's three parts, called Invasion, and that it starts a little bit at the tail end of Supergirl because they have to go get her, but the big crossover really starts on The Flash

-- On Arrow's 100th episode being celebrated during the mega-crossover, SA: "The 100th episode - I know some fans were like, 'will we get enough Arrow during the 100th episode?' To me, this - the 100th episode had to be a crossover because it's sort of emblematic of everything we've been able to create and foster and, you know, help grow. Obviously, all of these shows stand on their own. But, um, the crossover and aliens and watching Oliver react to aliens is one of my favorite things that I ever got to do. But, uh, it gives us a chance to do something for the 100th episode for the fans that, in the normal course of our season, we would never be able to get to do. And, um, for that, I was very grateful. And to work with all the people that I got to work with, or hadn't worked with for a very long time, on the 100th episode, I was very grateful.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Go to article link to see pics...

See the Supernatural-DC superhero crossover 'we need'
BY BREANNE L. HELDMAN October 29, 2016
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/29/supernatural-arrow-flash-supergirl-popfest

At EW PopFest in Los Angeles on Saturday, Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki joined forces with the stars of The CW’s four superhero shows, Arrow’s Stephen Amell, The Flash’s Grant Gustin, Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’s Caity Lotz for one mind-blowing, super-duper photo posted on most of their respective Instagram accounts.

“This is the crossover we need,” Amell wrote, winning the caption contest among the six stars.

“Thanks #ewpopfest for a fun afternoon!” said Ackles. “And apparently a #cwtv cast get-together! Good times.”

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, quarks said:

Sigh. I see your point, I really do, but that's the ongoing issue with Iris - she needs to be given a role beyond "love interest." I'm not saying "superpowers," necessarily, but, you know, she's a reporter. Play up that aspect. Aliens are invading. This is news! Or have Thea call her because they need some puff pieces for Oliver after the negative stuff from the reporter on Arrow a couple of episodes ago, and Thea needs some PR help/advice for managing the press. 

We don't even know if Iris knows about Oliver/Green Arrow! Siiiiiiiiiiiggghh.....

1 hour ago, looptab said:

In an interview, Candice said it's probably going to be episode 15 of The Flash (ep. 14 for Supergirl?).

18 hours ago, Chaser said:

I agree that Candice deserves better but I'm honestly not sure what narrative purpose Iris could serve in this one. 

When you can't find a narrative purpose for one of the female leads, there's a problem, IMO. And this isn't the first crossover event this has happened either. They should be able to find her something to do. Anything!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 10

I think Arrow has enough with returning former cast mates, current cast mates, supergirl, Barry, and Probably Cisco.  Maybe if Arrow didn't fall on the 100 episode. Felicity's cute with both Flash ladies. And I don't think many of you guys minded when Arrow's technical female lead wasn't in the big Flash crossovers. As for LOT, it barely has enough time for its own characters and most of it will be about the big fight scene. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

When you can't find a narrative purpose for one of the female leads, there's a problem, IMO. And this isn't the first crossover event this has happened either. They should be able to find her something to do. Anything!

IDA. Iris serves no purpose in crossovers.

• Love 2

I don't have a horse in this race - I don't particularly care how they employ CP - but I don't really get this "Law must be equal for all" logic applied to different actors, in differents shows, in different circumstances. So what if no one here cared when KC was left out?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3

I mean while KC wasnt in the official crossover in s3, they at least gave her an appearance in a solo episode. That is something Candice Patton hasnt been allowed to do either. And its kind of sad when it looks like Candice had the most screentime during a crossover for the 1st official crossover.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, tarotx said:

And I don't think many of you guys minded when Arrow's technical female lead wasn't in the big Flash crossovers.

But that's 'cos Laurel was like a Dementor flying over our heads making everything terribad and depressing. Iris is an adorable piece of sunshine.

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Which is exactly the point I'm making. She should serve some purpose otherwise she really is just a love interest there to give Barry pep talks. Female characters should be more than that.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9

I don't really care one way or the other. I get that the crossovers are hectic and expensive and they limit which actors/characters crossover for a variety of reasons. As always the crossover characters are the leads (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl) and fan favorites (Caitlin, Cisco, Diggle and Felicity). 

LoT is a question mark since that's built as a team show, although Sara, Ray and Stein/Firestorm seems to be the most prominent characters (as promoted by CW). I'm pretty sure all 3 will appear in either/both Flash and Arrow. Not sure about the rest of the team.

All that being said they could probably find something for Iris to do, she is a reporter after all. I just don't think Iris/CP is considered a draw and, as such the EPs don't feel the need to negotiate one or 2 extra contracts for her.  

Long story short, I see both sides of that argument.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, tarotx said:

And I don't think many of you guys minded when Arrow's technical female lead wasn't in the big Flash crossovers. 

The operative word here is "technical." Arrow couldn't find a purpose for KC on its own show so her not appearing in the big Flash crossovers is not surprising. But Iris IS The Flash's female lead no question and the inability to find a narrative purpose for her in the crossovers is symptomatic of the problems the show has with finding a role for her outside of love interest.

Edited to add: And @Morrigan2575 makes a good point about Iris most likely not being a draw. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 3

I honestly see no narrative purpose for the crossovers in general. I realize from a business perspective why DCTV does it. I realize from a cool factor why they do it. But from a narrative purpose it generally is unnecessary. And the fact that they do it the same time every year as opposed to finding an organic place for it proves to me that its not being done for character or narrative purposes. I really wish they put more thought into the actual need and execution for crossovers.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Tazmania said:

I have disliked Abigail Spencer since Suits and she will forever be Scottie for me. He knitted eyebrow school of acting continued in Timeless and it takes me away from the story. All I can see are veins on her forehead and knitted eyebrows ... 

Oh!  That's where I know her from.  Thank you!

On Arrow's 100th episode being celebrated during the mega-crossover, SA: "The 100th episode - I know some fans were like, 'will we get enough Arrow during the 100th episode?' To me, this - the 100th episode had to be a crossover because it's sort of emblematic of everything we've been able to create and foster and, you know, help grow. Obviously, all of these shows stand on their own. But, um, the crossover and aliens and watching Oliver react to aliens is one of my favorite things that I ever got to do. But, uh, it gives us a chance to do something for the 100th episode for the fans that, in the normal course of our season, we would never be able to get to do. And, um, for that, I was very grateful. And to work with all the people that I got to work with, or hadn't worked with for a very long time, on the 100th episode, I was very grateful.”

I know I'm not the only one that remembers that SA was actually annoyed that the 100th was stuck in the crossovers.  Yep, he always walks the party line during the season. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

There are ways to fit Iris and her skills into the narrative - if they really wanted to. [She could be investigating something in Starling City and be the catalyst for getting Team Flash and Team Arrow together - just one idea off the top of my head.] She's in on the secret, AND closer to and more important to Barry than ever this season. Caitlin was barely utilized in the Arrow part of the crossover last year, but she was there anyway. It's disappointing that Iris has hardly gotten to interact with the other casts.

Kara/Supergirl is coming to Central City, so hopefully they use that opportunity.

• Love 5

I'm so annoyed with the  comments about the 100th episode. SA is compelled to spout the Berlanti party line. Berlanti's precious  Flash GOES NOWHERE without Arrow's success. The LEAST Berlanti  could have done is give ARROW it's DUE on it's own. I am so resentful LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 16

I get you guys hate KC/Laurel but Iris is nowhere closer to a lead (well Laurel's dead now but anyway) She has had little time spent on her. I think Caitlin has been more the female lead though Iris is now the love interest so there's that. I think Candice is a beautiful woman and Iris has a cute personality but they barely use her on Flash. Let's put Barry in a mirror again and have Iris check her own derriere out. And then Caitlin can do something of value (even if it's through her having powers now instead of her education). Yes that's an extreme but it's basically how it seems. last year Flash should have had Iris deal with Hawkgirl Kendra and she would have been a good fit to crossover. But nope. They had to make Hawkgirl a love interest since that was Hawkgirl's only real purpose throughout her run. 

I would rather see Iris than Ray&Nate or the Recruits but I'm not sure how much LOT will be on the Flash and the recruits are fighters so we will probably see them in the big battle >.< 

I personally could live without the big crossovers myself. I like Oliver going over to LOT and Felicity and Oliver coming to Flash because I enjoy those shows more when the Characters I like are there :p I'm not the biggest Flash fan and Oliver is my favorite Flarrow character-period. 

The only Flarrowverse that has a Female lead is Supergirl.

Laurel was supposed to be a female lead, but her role got changed and minimized early on.

Iris is primarily used as either a LI or to promote another males story. And the same for Felicity, Caitlin & Thea.

I love most** of the female characters in the Flarrowverse, but they are underutilized by the writers and sadly often not given a story or POV of their own. The crossovers only reflect an ongoing pattern of the women being seen as a LI or just another way to tell a male character's story. It's sad.

**(sorry, I just don't like Caitlin)

• Love 4

I think a lot of times labeling someone as the female lead goes overboard. Amell and Gustin are the leads of their shows. IMO just because Laurel and Iris were positioned as the love interests doesn't mean they hold anymore importance than any of the other characters aside from Amell and Gustin.

I think Iris takes up a lot of screentime on The Flash. Last week was a whole episode about her and Barry's creepy sibling/romance and their dads reaction to it. That's why I don't really care about seeing Iris take up time during the crossover episodes.

As a Caitlin fan, it sucks that she only gets scraps. But it's the Barry/Iris show as always. TPTB even said as much.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I'm so annoyed with the  comments about the 100th episode. SA is compelled to spout the Berlanti party line. Berlanti's precious  Flash GOES NOWHERE without Arrow's success. The LEAST Berlanti  could have done is give ARROW it's DUE on it's own. I am so resentful LOL

Like the below gifset? I liked the first crossover because it was largely self-contained on each show. I hated last year's, but that was mostly due to the subject matter. VS and the Hawks were far from must see TV for me. We'll see how this years goes, but I will be forever bummed that Arrow 100 wasn't 100% Arrow.  

tumblr_ob9ci2QzEy1u8z6nio5_250.giftumblr_ob9ci2QzEy1u8z6nio4_250.gif

tumblr_ob9ci2QzEy1u8z6nio7_250.giftumblr_ob9ci2QzEy1u8z6nio1_250.gif

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Like the below gifset? I liked the first crossover because it was largely self-contained on each show. I hated last year's, but that was mostly due to the subject matter. VS and the Hawks were far from must see TV for me. We'll see how this years goes, but I will be forever bummed that Arrow 100 wasn't 100% Arrow.  

tumblr_ob9ci2QzEy1u8z6nio5_250.giftumblr_ob9ci2QzEy1u8z6nio4_250.gif

tumblr_ob9ci2QzEy1u8z6nio7_250.giftumblr_ob9ci2QzEy1u8z6nio1_250.gif

Exactly!  I feel like Berlanti et al pulled Stephen aside and said. 'Um....NOPE. You're not gonna do ^^^^^ this anymore".  Poor Stephen :(.  

I think the 100 episode is going to be Arrow-centric but a crossover as well. TPTB wanted the 100th a crossover. Arrow could have started the week LOT did and the episode that is 9 would be the 100th episode. Going into the winter finale break on the 100th. 

30 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I think the 100 episode is going to be Arrow-centric but a crossover as well. TPTB wanted the 100th a crossover. Arrow could have started the week LOT did and the episode that is 9 would be the 100th episode. Going into the winter finale break on the 100th. 

Who are TPTB in this scenario?

22 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Who are TPTB in this scenario?

The CW scheduled LOT and Supergirl for a week After Flash and Arrow. But GB has some Clout. All the CW had to do was air the stupid iheart Wednesday and Thursday. 

57 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I'm just taking a guess here that the scheduling had to do with a) starting when they always start, and b) plotting out a certain run of eps for sweeps (which I think culminates with the Arrow portion of the crossover?). So, probably not an easy thing to just push everything back a week. 

• Love 4

Maybe the 100th episode will be Arrow-centric, but what version of Arrow?  If it's a fantasy sequence of what would have happened if Oliver and Robert had not gone down on the Queen's Gambit and never met Diggle and Felicity except as a body guard and tech help, then no thank you.

14 hours ago, Tazmania said:

I have disliked Abigail Spencer since Suits and she will forever be Scottie for me. He knitted eyebrow school of acting continued in Timeless and it takes me away from the story. All I can see are veins on her forehead and knitted eyebrows ... 

That's it!  I hated Scottie with the fire of a thousand suns (yes, I preferred Laurel).  No wonder I can't get with Timeless.

9 hours ago, quarks said:

Sigh. I see your point, I really do, but that's the ongoing issue with Iris - she needs to be given a role beyond "love interest." I'm not saying "superpowers," necessarily, but, you know, she's a reporter. Play up that aspect. Aliens are invading. This is news! Or have Thea call her because they need some puff pieces for Oliver after the negative stuff from the reporter on Arrow a couple of episodes ago, and Thea needs some PR help/advice for managing the press. 

Thea calling her for a puff piece and advice because Oliver's approval ratings are so bad is brilliant, and so easy.  It makes the two shows fit into the same universe so easily

That fact that we're debating whether Iris should be in the crossovers because she's not really important to the universe, unlike Cisco or Wild Dong (who apparently will be in all four episodes) shows how badly they've failed to make Iris relevant as anything beyond a prop and love interest. Major fail.

3 hours ago, Trini said:

Kara/Supergirl is coming to Central City, so hopefully they use that opportunity.

It would be great if they did ( maybe Iris could give Kara tips on reporting and not knuckling in to Snapper) but I don't want to get my hopes up.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, tarotx said:

The CW scheduled LOT and Supergirl for a week After Flash and Arrow. But GB has some Clout. All the CW had to do was air the stupid iheart Wednesday and Thursday. 

Yeah, no Berlanti has no control or clout over scheduling. The fact that the CW has screwed up Arrow's S2 back half by first demanding a back door pilot and then changing their mind and giving Flash a full pilot order. Screwed up Arrow's 2nd half crossover in S3 by giving Flash a surprise week off and now schedules Arrow's 100th pretty much proves it.

BTW the CW probably screwed Arrow, Flash or LoT over last season as well, I just can't remember it.

• Love 1

Arrow is barely about Arrow anymore, so the crossover is just symptomatic of that. And as for SA preaching the company line... well that's not new and they sign his paycheck, so it's to be expected. We all have to walk the company line from time to time to keep our employment. It's not like his acting career outside of Arrow is thriving. TMNT2 was a dud and that's about all he has besides his wine gig, the con circuit and movies he has to write for himself.

And the CW is a barely functioning network when it comes down the the gritty details like scheduling & PR, I bet they don't have a clue if and how they screw the Berlanti shows over.

6 hours ago, Proteus said:

Because Felicity will be oh so useful against aliens? 

5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't really care one way or the other. I get that the crossovers are hectic and expensive and they limit which actors/characters crossover for a variety of reasons. As always the crossover characters are the leads (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl) and fan favorites (Caitlin, Cisco, Diggle and Felicity). 

Wait...while Cisco is debatable, with Felicity less so (but still debatable) I think CP is more of a fan favorite than Diggle and definitely Caitlin. 

It's surprising that people still view Iris as a prop...she's always had her own moments of badassery, agency, storylines outside of Barry. Like in season 2 with her mother. Unlike literally every other story on Flash, Barry was in no way involved. The Iris problem has always been one of underuse as opposed to misuse. 

Didn't Jeff Goldblum defeat the aliens with just a mac in Independence Day?  
So, yeah, computer scientists like Felicity can theoretically fight against aliens, too, particularly highly technologically advanced ones like the Dominators.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 18
53 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Well, she's knows a lot about science and has had a hand in figuring out some kind of weaponry/ways to bring down some other big bads, so...yeah? About as useful as any other non-meta person could be on the show I suppose, but you've gotta get your digs in where you can, huh? 

I'd rather see Iris in the crossover than Barry's dumb ass.

Now you've made me want a Zeppo Flarrowverse crossover where it's all the non-masked folks. Felicity teams up with Joe while Wynn solves stuff with Iris. When I started that sentence I was more excited until I realized how many people they've made masks on all of these shows. Hmm. 

I don't know if SA changed his tune so much as reframed his opinion due to otherwise having to cry all the time about how your show is always going to be second best to the powered people. 

• Love 1

I think CP is more of a fan favorite than Diggle and definitely Caitlin. 

On Flash CP is more a fav than DIggle but I think Dig holds his own in the Arrowverse and DP was popular before she ever joined the Flash.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ComicFan777 said:

Didn't Jeff Goldblum defeat the aliens with just a mac in Independence Day?  
So, yeah, computer scientists like Felicity can theoretically fight against aliens, too, particularly highly technologically advanced ones like the Dominators.

I'd argue that with aliens technologically advanced enough to invade Earth, it's going to be the scientists like Felicity, Curtis, Cisco and Wells that are going to make the real difference.  Shooting arrows and running fast are all well and good but they're not going got defeat a whole bunch of aliens.   Oliver fought Darhk but who stopped all those nukes?

The problem with writing Iris into the A storylines has always been that they gave her a job that doesn't matter in terms of the superhero 'verse they're writing and they're not interested enough in her as a person to write a story for her.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Well, she's knows a lot about science and has had a hand in figuring out some kind of weaponry/ways to bring down some other big bads, so...yeah? About as useful as any other non-meta person could be on the show I suppose, but you've gotta get your digs in where you can, huh? 

I'd rather see Iris in the crossover than Barry's dumb ass.

What weapons? Plus she's got nothing on Cisco (who I also think would be pretty useless for fighting aliens). 

And yes...I do have to get "my digs in". Or just give my opinion...either or. 

3 hours ago, lemotomato said:

OP didn't say anything about Felicity. 

So? It's a comparison. 

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

On Flash CP is more a fav than DIggle but I think Dig holds his own in the Arrowverse and DP was popular before she ever joined the Flash.  

I'd still place them against each other in the overall Berlanti-verse. And while Danielle was in Sky High 9 years before Flash she's mostly done critically panned horror films I believe...and as a side by side comparison this past weekend at Stan Lee's comic con CP's line was reportedly the longest of anyone else including DP (and SvS).

What weapons? 

She's done a few trick arrows, designed the specs on Oliver's bow, defuses bomb and earthquake machines, analyzes bio weapons, asses enemy assets, knocks out nukes, takes control of drones and nothing on Ray's suit would have happened without her so I'm handing out that credit too.    So yeah, she'd be handy to have around to help figure out lots of stuff including weapons.  

25 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

What weapons? Plus she's got nothing on Cisco (who I also think would be pretty useless for fighting aliens). 

So? It's a comparison. 

I'd still place them against each other in the overall Berlanti-verse. And while Danielle was in Sky High 9 years before Flash she's mostly done critically panned horror films I believe...and as a side by side comparison this past weekend at Stan Lee's comic con CP's line was reportedly the longest of anyone else including DP (and SvS).

Well as mentioned, Cisco is expected to be fighting the aliens too. And Caitlin may or may not but she'd have the biological viewpoint in looking of weaknesses and advantages.  Plus working on any boo boos the masks get.  It's just that she has a kind of obvious place in the narrative and they have to actually add a reason for Iris and apparently that's hard, lol.

I'd say that each show has it's fan favorites and the ones that make the crossover are not necessarily based on popularity across all shows but how important they are to their show.  And beyond Dig being IMO generally loved, he's a mask so of course he's going to go fight aliens.  I mean even the C list Wild Dong is going.    

DP is still better known to the public outside of the Arrowverse than CP.  And I don't know why there is a need to tear down other actors or characters just because Iris got the shaft again.   At least I hear that this year she will get more than one line in the Flash part of the crossover.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

So? It's a comparison. 

Your comparison was implying that I was tryng to say Felicity is more valued than Iris. Where you got that, who knows.

Why are you trying to make this a competition of how much better Iris/CP is over others supposedly?

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

Where you got that, who knows.

Maybe when you said Iris "serves no purpose". 

DP is still better known to the public outside of the Arrowverse than CP.  And I don't know why there is a need to tear down other actors or characters just because Iris got the shaft again.   At least I hear that this year she will get more than one line in the Flash part of the crossover.  

It wasn't about tearing down anyone else. @Proteus said she had no purpose in the crossover. I disagree...even if she is there to provide support for Barry in those other shows episodes (which she does more than on the Flash) it's still a purpose. 

And then @Morrigan2575 said that Iris/CP isn't a draw which I also disagree with, and considering they send CP out to do press, have her be the one to promote the new season by going on FB live, and how media people who ask for questions always comment on how Iris/CP/WA get the most questions...she most definitely a draw. 

Oh and about Iris mother being brought back just for Wally...considering her reaction to her being alive, and then her reaction to her passing being given much importance I disagree.