Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Oh that's interesting, I knew TVD got 16 episodes, I thought the rest got 13.  So, JTV slot is taken, then I wonder what the plan is?  I think Reign was always going to Summer in order to die (like BatB).  Unless they're going to one of those shows?

Speculative Mid-Season Schedule:

• Monday: No change
  • Tuesday: Riverdale replaces No Tomorrow.
  • Wednesday: The 100 replaces Frequency.
  • Thursday: iZombie replaces LoT.
  • Friday: The Originals replaces The Vampire Diaries, Reign replaces CEG.

That gets everything in, allows them to keep their four-nights-a-week DCTV programming, and puts Riverdale behind their best highest-rated show.  It would probably mean that iZombie (and Originals and Reign) run into the summer a bit, but it wouldn't be the first time that happened.  

ETA:  looking at the currently scheduled episodes, it looks like LoT will have nine episodes left to air in mid-season, TVD will have nine or ten, and CEG will have five.

Edited by Starfish35
26 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

It does look like him!

Yup I'm pretty sure that's H R.

She's so adorable! I was worried they wouldn't include her in the trailer with all the superheroes but guess they still needed to trot her out for the cute factor!

• Love 2

I haven't watched last night's LoT yet, but is there any indication about how/when/if Ray gets his suit back?  Or did they just have him suit up for the EW shoot because he's one of the most recognizable face to rep LoT?

1 minute ago, TrueMyth said:

I haven't watched last night's LoT yet, but is there any indication about how/when/if Ray gets his suit back?  Or did they just have him suit up for the EW shoot because he's one of the most recognizable face to rep LoT?

He doesn't have the suit back yet but

there are scenes from the crossover that he is wearing it so it's not just for the EW shoot

• Love 1

Harley Quinn-Birds of Prey Movie’s Screenwriter Revealed (Exclusive)

http://www.thewrap.com/harley-quinn-birds-of-prey-christina-hodson/

Screenwriter Christina Hodson is scripting the Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey spinoff for Warner Bros. and DC Films, TheWrap has learned exclusively.

The film is not a Quinn solo movie, but rather would feature multiple female superheroes — and possibly villains — in the DC Comics universe.

Margot Robbie, last seen as the Harley Quinn in “Suicide Squad,” is attached to reprise her role as Quinn and is also producing the untitled project.

Hodson is a hot commodity, as the screenwriter has made the Black List with scripts three different times since turning to writing four years ago. One of those, her spec script “The Eden Project,” sold in a splashy deal to Sony and Material Pictures. Hodson has also written a reboot of “The Fugitive” for Warner Bros and producer Arnold Kopelson.

Hodson also wrote “Bumblebee,” the first spinoff of Paramount’s billion-dollar “Transformers” franchise, based on the popular Autobot in the series. The studio will shortly go out to directors.

22 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I would speculate there is a bigger possibility that they gonna stop in time they cast BC in the movies. That is also why i dont believe there will be a new BC on the show.

It's a double edged sword though, isn't it?  They had the Suicide Squad on Arrow to test out it's reception way before the movie happened but then when the movie was happening, then suddenly no one connected to the Suicide Squad was left alive on Arrow.  So the movie peeps probably would love to have a well received Black Canary on Arrow ahead of time to pump up the movie going base but wouldn't want any confusion or competing expectations getting in the way when the movie is actually released. 

I now wonder if Artemis might be in the movie.  And Mad Dog. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Arrow had the presence of BC for 3 season. I could honestly see them not wanting the reminder of the BC on Arrow. I wouldnt call the BC on Arrow a success. The timing to bulding up a new BC i think would be too short IMO. They can choose any other low level character who they can make into a mask. Also if BC is supposed to appear in the movies why would you invest into merchandise for a character that was already done 3 times in the same show.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Arrow had the presence of BC for 3 season. I could honestly see them not wanting the reminder of the BC on Arrow. I wouldnt call the BC on Arrow a success. The timing to bulding up a new BC i think would be too short IMO. They can choose any other low level character who they can make into a mask. Also if BC is supposed to appear in the movies why would you invest into merchandise for a character that was already done 3 times in the same show.

I'm not claiming its logical, lol

54 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Spoilers from Fan Expo Vancouver panel with David Ramsey and Neal Mcdonaugh for LOT

Hide contents

Not so surprising since he's traveling with a time traveling speedster, lol. 

• Love 2

This week's episode ended with RF and Darhk time traveling so I think that's what he's referring to. Of course there's nothing that rules the other option out. That sort of fakeout is prime Comics/sci-fi storytelling. I wouldn't be surprised to seeLoT end it's season revealing that Darhk used his knowledge of his eventual death in order to fake it in 423. This would depend on Arrowverse seeing a long-term use for the character as well running out of ways to keep him relevant as a past version.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TrueMyth said:

Yes, because he was mopey because they had to destroy his suit.

That's surprisingly sweet.

11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

And he already broke it, lol.

Hee. This pairing sounds promising.

• Love 3

Re LoT this week- yet another episode which I enjoyed more than Arrow, even though it's set in the 80s, a decade I don't particularly enjoy seeing in film/on tv (because I lived through it, and it sucked). But it was a great episode.

And one Lance Henriksen is worth a million Dolph Lundgrens. Sorry, did I say million? I meant billion. Come back, Lance Henriksen. Come baaaack. Sob.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, arjumand said:

Re LoT this week- yet another episode which I enjoyed more than Arrow, even though it's set in the 80s, a decade I don't particularly enjoy seeing in film/on tv (because I lived through it, and it sucked). But it was a great episode.

And one Lance Henriksen is worth a million Dolph Lundgrens. Sorry, did I say million? I meant billion. Come back, Lance Henriksen. Come baaaack. Sob.

I didn't recognize the actor but I recognized that he was good.  Experience shows.  

• Love 3

I'm legit impressed that LoT got Henriksen. But then again I feel Arrow wasted McDonough last year and Coleman this year. I haven't seen the latter in anything else, but I was lead to believe he was a very good actor. You'd never know it from his stint on Arrow. He wasn't bad, but his character just ended up being around for a while.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

But then again I feel Arrow wasted McDonough last year and Coleman this year. I haven't seen the latter in anything else, but I was lead to believe he was a very good actor. You'd never know it from his stint on Arrow. He wasn't bad, but his character just ended up being around for a while.

Yeah, I had heard raves about Coleman but they really could have brought in anyone with a slightly menacing vibe to play Church.  There was nothing that required any flair or nuance.  That's on the writing.  I swear he had more screen time with Wild Dong than anyone else.  That probably didn't help.  

Neal McDonough has been well used on Lot, I'm finding the Reverse Flash interesting, and last year I even enjoyed Matt Nable back on my screen.  Arrow is doing something wrong, lol.  (Though LoT had Savage last year, so they aren't so much better)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Really??? Bless him he's such a duffer!

I'm a week behind but when he got the gun I was thinking "oh dear I hope he doesn't shoot himself with it"

Technically he took it apart for reasons, but same result.  And you weren't that far off with your concern.  One rule, Haircut, One rule!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Neal McDonough has been well used on Lot, I'm finding the Reverse Flash interesting, and last year I even enjoyed Matt Nable back on my screen.  Arrow is doing something wrong, lol.  (Though LoT had Savage last year, so they aren't so much better)

Casper Crump just was a complete and utter casting fail, in my opinion.  No way to redeem that.  Neal McDonough and Matt Letscher, on the other hand, are good actors, and so far their storylines on LoT are working pretty well.  *crosses fingers that it stays that way*

• Love 6

ARROW, FLASH, SUPERGIRL, LEGENDS CROSSOVER WILL BE A CIVIL WAR
Matt McGloin     11/09/2016 
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-crossover-will-be-civil-war

ARROW, THE FLASH, SUPERGIRL & LEGENDS FATES TEASED FOLLOWING DOMINATORS
Matt McGloin    11/12/2016 
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-fates-teased-following-dominators

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1