Type keyword(s) to search

9-1-1 Spoilers & Speculation

ESS
  • Start Topic

I would think "next season" whenever that may be would be too soon to portray the virus. There will still be consequences people are suffering from, from the whole experience. I don't think it would be a draw for viewers at that point.

• Love 3

Old movies about pandemics have been trending on Netflix so there's an audience for it. 

I don't think they can ignore it completely but I don't want a "pandemic" arc.  If anything, I think seeing them incorporate extra safety measures in some of what they do when they interact with the public could be enough for it to be "of the times" without being heavy handed.

• Love 4

Here's more spoilers for 3x18 the season finale:

9-1-1 Finale First Look: Brooke Shields Helps Athena Through Her Trauma — Plus, Meet Abby's New . . .

Shields is no stranger to the Ryan Murphy-verse, having previously appeared on Scream Queens and Nip/Tuck.

If Brook Shields somehow has a scene with JLH, the mascara and the tears will be flowing big time.911-finale-brooke-shields-1.jpg.4950a0fb4b7b07853e594b37fada65f4.jpg

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, screengem said:

Here's more spoilers for 3x18 the season finale:

9-1-1 Finale First Look: Brooke Shields Helps Athena Through Her Trauma — Plus, Meet Abby's New . . .

Shields is no stranger to the Ryan Murphy-verse, having previously appeared on Scream Queens and Nip/Tuck.

If Brook Shields somehow has a scene with JLH, the mascara and the tears will be flowing big time.911-finale-brooke-shields-1.jpg.4950a0fb4b7b07853e594b37fada65f4.jpg

LOL I just posted this up as well, but thanks.

I feel like Michael's "is this really happening?" is going to be news that his tumor is shrinking. The article mentions a hint of a surprise for Chim and Maddie but I'm not sure how they got that from the split second they are on screen. I wonder if she's pregnant. 

On 5/15/2020 at 1:42 AM, AdorkableWitch said:

The idea described in the article it's actually not bad. It's truth that not covering the covid topic would feel weird espeacially for a show that sets it's reality so close to the world and time we live in. Shows like Riverdale which doesn't have specific timeline can easily omit covid and it still would feel consistent. In shows like 9-1-1 or Grey's Anatomy it would feel cheated a little bit. And time jump sounds like a good idea. I can bear some flashbacks about finding out about covid, disease's spreading and how they coped with that. I couldn't stand watching episode by episode every stage of the pandemic and reliving it.

• Love 4

Preview for tonight's episode. There has been so much speculation in the episode thread for last week I'm not sure if any of this is a spoiler, lol.

It's funny that they don't like nicknames. Sure, everyone calls me Howard. Ha! Maddie still looks way more sad than the situation called for.

So the next episode is Buck Begins. Interesting blurb in that it says that confronting his childhood 'answers why he is the daredevil he is today'. That doesn't really jive with the spec that he was a saviour baby. Hmm. Also, Maddie looks beat up (and sooty) and Buck has his arm in a sling in some of the photos. I wonder if they are part of the flashbacks?

https://tvpulsemag.com/tvphotos/911/911-season-4-episode-5-buck-begins-photos/

20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So the next episode is Buck Begins. Interesting blurb in that it says that confronting his childhood 'answers why he is the daredevil he is today'. That doesn't really jive with the spec that he was a saviour baby. Hmm. Also, Maddie looks beat up (and sooty) and Buck has his arm in a sling in some of the photos. I wonder if they are part of the flashbacks?

https://tvpulsemag.com/tvphotos/911/911-season-4-episode-5-buck-begins-photos/

Those would be part of the flashbacks because of Maddie and Buck's hairstyles being different, and both of them looking years younger. Maddie has a wedding ring on in the photo where she's in the hospital and beat up, so that's most likely from Doug. And the photo of Buck in a sling also shows Maddie as an ER nurse. 

As for Buck figuring out why he's a daredevil, if he was born just to save Daniel, it COULD make sense. But I guess the issue lies more with how Daniel would have had to die before Buck had any memories, so it wouldn't have mattered after that if he got injured or sick or whatever himself. I imagine the daredevil part is more with him trying to gain the attention of his parents? It could also be that, after Daniel's death, his parents didn't want to spend any more time in hospitals so they were only really careful on their children's safety. But I lean more toward Buck doing dangerous things to get the attention of his parents, just because it's not clear that their parents really cared for their safety and well being at any point. They seemed to AVOID those types of situations. 

Regardless, I think it's clear that Daniel died young from some sort of illness, since it's made clear that the Buckley parents dislike hospitals and that must have stemmed from Daniel being hospitalized more than once. Unless it's really just a result of Daniel dying from an accident, passing away in the hospital, and the Buckley parents being so traumatized from that that they avoided hospitals at all costs.

• Love 5

I don't think the content of the secret is the explosive part. I think the fact that his entire family conspired to keep it a secret from him is the explosive part. I also definitely think there's more than a secret brother to it. 

If both Buck and Daniel were in the same accident and Buck survived, then daredevil fits because he may have internalized that he was supposed to die too. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Court said:

I don't think the content of the secret is the explosive part. I think the fact that his entire family conspired to keep it a secret from him is the explosive part. I also definitely think there's more than a secret brother to it. 

If both Buck and Daniel were in the same accident and Buck survived, then daredevil fits because he may have internalized that he was supposed to die too. 

Plus, it could explain how he got his facial scars.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2020 at 12:23 PM, Ohwell said:

If they cover COVID-19 then I definitely won't be watching.  In fact, I wouldn't watch any of their episodes after that.

I know it's been a bizarre 10 months since your post, but considering they are, have your thoughts changed?

I've also heard we'll have an episode (either here or in Texas) dealing with problematic experiences of anti-mask or misinformation.  My initial reaction is how divisive the episode could be.  I'm interested what others may think.

• Love 2

We've already seen so much of Maddie's relationship with Doug already though that I think that would be old ground. We've learned something new about each character in their Begins episodes and there's not much more to learn about Maddie and Doug, just misery to mine. I really hope they don't do that. Plus her intro in season two focused on her beginnibg, if you will. For EPISODES.

• Love 5

Lots to unpack in this second-half-of-the-season preview, including one rescue I will definitely be skipping. *shudder* 🕷️

It will never not be weird for me to hear "Buck" speaking with his natural voice, especially when voicing-over a clip with Buck in it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It will never not be weird for me to hear "Buck" speaking with his natural voice, especially when voicing-over a clip with Buck in it.

No it will not. Oliver has nailed the American accent to the point his British one sounds fake to me

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

It's also occurred to me that Bobby's unforgivable backstory might have been written because the show-runners 1) weren't sure the show would be on for longer than one season, and he could crash and burn; 2) if Krause wanted off, they could kill him quickly in some kind of redemption arc. 

(Since this is a topic that comes up so often: How can Bobby be the hero of the show if he's responsible for hundreds of deaths?)

• Useful 1
On 4/7/2022 at 5:29 PM, kwnyc said:

It's also occurred to me that Bobby's unforgivable backstory might have been written because the show-runners 1) weren't sure the show would be on for longer than one season, and he could crash and burn; 2) if Krause wanted off, they could kill him quickly in some kind of redemption arc. 

(Since this is a topic that comes up so often: How can Bobby be the hero of the show if he's responsible for hundreds of deaths?)

I think the show has pointed out why Bobby didn't face charges either, because while the fire started from his radiator, it would not have gotten that big that fast if not for the building being shoddily built. Any electrical appliance malfunctioning could have led to that disaster.

but I also think the plot wasn't well thought through. A disaster of that scale would have Wikipedia entries and documentaries about it, Bobby's name would be out there for sure. The Grenfell Tower disaster in the UK "only" killed 70ish people and that was international news.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, KatWay said:

I think the show has pointed out why Bobby didn't face charges either, because while the fire started from his radiator, it would not have gotten that big that fast if not for the building being shoddily built. Any electrical appliance malfunctioning could have led to that disaster.

but I also think the plot wasn't well thought through. A disaster of that scale would have Wikipedia entries and documentaries about it, Bobby's name would be out there for sure. The Grenfell Tower disaster in the UK "only" killed 70ish people and that was international news.

Seriously! Has nobody heard of FIRE RATED CONSTRUCTION?  Fire doors?  Firestopping?  (Why yes, I do work in a construction-adjacent field, why do you ask?)

And to your second point, yep, too.  There are fires that killed "just" dozens which got national/international press at the time and some of these are remembered w/ Wiki pages or similar.