Type keyword(s) to search

9-1-1 Spoilers & Speculation

ESS
  • Start Topic

Ryan Murphy just gave an interview about what's to come for next season. 

• Season 2 should be 16 episodes, but Murphy's working on that detail.
  • Connie Britton only signed on for season 1 so season 2, they're working to have her as a guest star. I didn't know that she wouldn't be a regular for season 2. That sucks!
  • Tonight's finale includes an Athena/Bobby storyline.
  • They are expanding the cast (both firefighters and 911 crew)

Ok, I am super disappointed by the news about Connie/Abby, but I'm not totally surprised. Now that I think about it, I think Nashville kind of burned her out to the point where she probably didn't want to sign another multiple year contract. I'm not sure how easy it was for her to get out of her Nashville contract, but I imagine that's why she chose to only sign on for a year here.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, I am super disappointed by the news about Connie/Abby, but I'm not totally surprised. Now that I think about it, I think Nashville kind of burned her out to the point where she probably didn't want to sign another multiple year contract. I'm not sure how easy it was for her to get out of her Nashville contract, but I imagine that's why she chose to only sign on for a year here.

Me too! As much as I love the whole show, the Abby/Buck storyline is my favorite, which is weird because I thought I was going to hate it. And I’m particularly fond of Abby. I hope Connie at least comes back as a guest star. The mention that she really loves the cast and crew gives me hope. I can totally see not wanting to sign a multiple year contract, especially if she’s done that before. I’ve never seen Nashville and now I’m curious. :)

I’m intrigued about the Bobby/Athena storyline. 

My one wish for season two, other than Abby sticking around, is that we get more Athena/Hen friendship. I really enjoy those two. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm also curious about the Athena/Bobby storyline as well..from the previews they do have a few scenes together so that's going to be very interesting. I too hope Hen and Athena's friendship continues in season 2 as well I really like it. I like that they are going to be expending the firefighters and the 911 people..Thanks for the spoilers, @Lady Calypso!

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Connie Britton only signed on for season 1 so season 2, they're working to have her as a guest star. I didn't know that she wouldn't be a regular for season 2. That sucks!

Whoa. Noooo.  It's so funny because all season long I've been wondering why stars such as Peter Krause, Angela Basset and Connie, especially after her Nashville experience, would sign onto what is essentially an OTT procedural.

But in spite of all that, I've been digging Abby and loving Abby and Buck so now I'm really bummed she actually played it smart and only committed for a short time, likely out of loyalty to Ryan.

Silver lining:  That dreaded Buck/Abby/Bobby triangle so many of us dreaded?  Maybe/hopefully avoided?

10 hours ago, SparklesBitch said:

I’ve never seen Nashville and now I’m curious.

I don't know if watching would really make you less curious.  Overall, the show had declined in quality but I had the impression that Connie had issues with it even when it was at its best.  She always had stories and her character had depth but clearly she thought the show was going to be one thing and it turned out to be something else.  So I never saw what she saw.  Had it been Hayden Panettiere who had run for the hills?  That I would have understood.

Edited by Irlandesa
15 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know if watching would really make you less curious.  Overall, the show had declined in quality but I had the impression that Connie had issues with it even when it was at its best.  She always had stories and her character had depth but clearly she thought the show was going to be one thing and it turned out to be something else.  So I never saw what she saw.  Had it been Hayden Panettiere who had run for the hills?  That I would have understood.

From what I understand from rumours, Connie didn't like the actual performance aspect of the show. That is, the singing that she did constantly. I think she was just tired of the show. She wanted to leave in season 4 of Nashville. I think she also just wanted a break. I didn't realize that she really had been working on TV series for a decade straight. Friday Night Lights from 2006-2011, then she did American Horror Story for a season, and then she jumped straight into Nashville (along with various other TV and film roles along the way). 

21 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But in spite of all that, I've been digging Abby and loving Abby and Buck so now I'm really bummed she actually played it smart and only committed for a short time, likely out of loyalty to Ryan.

In one of the 9-1-1 interviews, Ryan specifically stated that she only signed on for a season because he asked and offered her a one year deal. Otherwise, she had been committed to taking a breather for a while after leaving Nashville. Which is why I was completely surprised to see her name attached to this barely a couple of months after her final episode aired. 

Also, in 9-1-1 specific news, Ryan Murphy is already talking about a spinoff...but he doesn't know what it'll be yet. Man, if you don't have an idea, you shouldn't be throwing an idea of a spinoff out. Just because this show is very popular, it doesn't mean it needs a spinoff. Slow your roll there, Murphy. You have about seven other shows to focus on.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:
  • Connie Britton only signed on for season 1 so season 2, they're working to have her as a guest star. I didn't know that she wouldn't be a regular for season 2. That sucks!

You're probably right about CB's reasons for not committing to more than one season.

Now the wrap up of the storyline with her mother make's more sense to me.  When I saw where they went with that, I was kind of disappointed, because I thought Abby's struggle, balancing all these aspects of her life, was interesting.  I know people who are caregivers for elderly family members, and it is hard, and sometimes seems never-ending and it was interesting to see that play out on a tv show.    Plus, killing Patricia off seemed like the easy way out for the story writers, so they didn't have this 'obstacle' in the Abby/Buck relationship.  I was thinking at the time that though that was the logical conclusion of her story arc, it was too soon in the show to do that.  Now I can see how they structured Abby's arc for her one season story and have wrapped up that phase of her story on the show.

Also, I'm glad they are expanding the cast a bit.  Though I like most of the regulars, and I'm not as fed up with Buck front and center as I used to be, this show has somehow made LA seem really really small, what with every kind of emergency always getting the same 5 responders + Abby.  Athena was always the PO on scene, no other medics/site commanders ever seemed to step up.   Having a few more players will allow them to mix it up a bit.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Hannah Lee said:

this show has somehow made LA seem really really small, what with every kind of emergency always getting the same 5 responders + Abby.  Athena was always the PO on scene, no other medics/site commanders ever seemed to step up.   Having a few more players will allow them to mix it up a bit.

That doesn't really bother me - it's the old Adam-12 effect, Pete and Jim handled cases all over the city, not just in what would be their typical patrol area.  Same with Emergency! back in the day.  I enjoy the diversity of calls they show, but I wouldn't want to try to keep track of random FFs or POs who show up just to keep it "accurate" in terms of geographic territory responsibilities. 

14 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

That doesn't really bother me - it's the old Adam-12 effect, Pete and Jim handled cases all over the city, not just in what would be their typical patrol area.  Same with Emergency! back in the day.  I enjoy the diversity of calls they show, but I wouldn't want to try to keep track of random FFs or POs who show up just to keep it "accurate" in terms of geographic territory responsibilities. 

Oh, I totally get that.  For me I think it's not just that we're following these core characters, it's that almost anytime there is an emergency, it's the same engine crew, police officer and 9-1-1 operator involved all together.   John, Roy, Chet and Cap'n Stanley at least used to run into other firefighters and police officers who spoke and had small roles to play.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

From what I understand from rumours, Connie didn't like the actual performance aspect of the show. That is, the singing that she did constantly. I think she was just tired of the show. She wanted to leave in season 4 of Nashville. I think she also just wanted a break. I didn't realize that she really had been working on TV series for a decade straight. Friday Night Lights from 2006-2011, then she did American Horror Story for a season, and then she jumped straight into Nashville (along with various other TV and film roles along the way). 

In one of the 9-1-1 interviews, Ryan specifically stated that she only signed on for a season because he asked and offered her a one year deal. Otherwise, she had been committed to taking a breather for a while after leaving Nashville. Which is why I was completely surprised to see her name attached to this barely a couple of months after her final episode aired. 

Also, in 9-1-1 specific news, Ryan Murphy is already talking about a spinoff...but he doesn't know what it'll be yet. Man, if you don't have an idea, you shouldn't be throwing an idea of a spinoff out. Just because this show is very popular, it doesn't mean it needs a spinoff. Slow your roll there, Murphy. You have about seven other shows to focus on.

I suspect Connie will be back but in a limited role.  They'll throw money at her along with time off to work on other projects and spend time with her family.

8 hours ago, Hannah Lee said:

Oh, I totally get that.  For me I think it's not just that we're following these core characters, it's that almost anytime there is an emergency, it's the same engine crew, police officer and 9-1-1 operator involved all together. 

Expanding the cast might help with this.  It would also let some of the stars who might not want to fully commit (Connie) or who still have an active movie career (Angela) not appear or appear in small ways in some episodes.  For instance, I think it was two episodes ago that Connie didn't appear or she only appeared briefly at the 9-1-1 center.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:18 AM, Hannah Lee said:

Oh, I totally get that.  For me I think it's not just that we're following these core characters, it's that almost anytime there is an emergency, it's the same engine crew, police officer and 9-1-1 operator involved all together.   John, Roy, Chet and Cap'n Stanley at least used to run into other firefighters and police officers who spoke and had small roles to play.

Well occasionally, they would get different fire unit back up but mostly on the major disaster episodes when other cities would give mutual aid. They always had the same Sheriff's Deputy, which would make some since if they were both on the same beat. But then later it was like that deputy transferred to a suburban police department as he was no longer  a tan over olive drab green uniformed  LA County Deputy in later seasons but a blue uniformed police office. In the  real world since the early 70s the city of LA has built larger fire stations and retired the older ones with maybe two vehicles assigned so the companies are more concentrated. However it seems as if most of the County fire stations that I run across are built to the same basic model of Emergency's Station 51

There was certainly a void without CB's character in the premiere. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was missing at first. I loved her character and the "tone" her character set for the show. However, I've always been a Jennifer Love Hewitt fan, so I'm interested to see what they'll do with her character. It's nice to see more of Buck's family, and the bond he has with his sister. It's a different type of storyline for Buck. I love how they introduced her. 

I hope 9-1-1 can stay on the air for years to come - I love the unique spin the show has on previously told stories. There's something different about it. 

Edited by thecatmeows
  • Love 2

Hoping this is the right place to ask this and apologies if it's something that simply slipped through my memory files (this happens post-stroke/TGAs in the weirdest ways, I just lose "clips" for lack of a better word) ...

Was watching this current week's episode of "The Resident" last night and in a "NEXT on FOX!" promo during one of the breaks it teased that night's episode of "9-1-1" with scenes and a storyline I have NO recollection of ... lots of houses on fire and a plane coming in to dump foam. 

Now, unless I'm crazy, that night's ep was actually "Chimney Begins," right? (9-1-1 is must-see TV for me and I'll always watch the new ep before some other shows) ... Does anyone know when this episode (with the fires) aired, or if it has aired, or what is up with that?

29 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Hoping this is the right place to ask this and apologies if it's something that simply slipped through my memory files (this happens post-stroke/TGAs in the weirdest ways, I just lose "clips" for lack of a better word) ...

Was watching this current week's episode of "The Resident" last night and in a "NEXT on FOX!" promo during one of the breaks it teased that night's episode of "9-1-1" with scenes and a storyline I have NO recollection of ... lots of houses on fire and a plane coming in to dump foam. 

Now, unless I'm crazy, that night's ep was actually "Chimney Begins," right? (9-1-1 is must-see TV for me and I'll always watch the new ep before some other shows) ... Does anyone know when this episode (with the fires) aired, or if it has aired, or what is up with that?

I don't have an answer for you, except that you're not crazy. I saw that promo too and thought maybe that was going to be the "side" story for the Chimney episode. Then they showed it again since then at some point because I remember wondering when that was going to be on.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

I don't have an answer for you, except that you're not crazy. I saw that promo too and thought maybe that was going to be the "side" story for the Chimney episode. Then they showed it again since then at some point because I remember wondering when that was going to be on.

Thank you so much! That IS an answer LOL ... that I'm not crazy and that they promo'd an episode for a certain date and time that did not, in fact, run ... very much looking forward to that episode when it DOES air, even though it addresses some of my biggest fears (not fearful enough to not be planning a move to Southern Cal in two years, but still ...)

• Love 2
On 3/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Hey there - new to the 9-1-1 forum but not PTV. Does anyone know if Chimney/Kenneth is actually leaving the show? Cuz I don't think I can watch any more if he is, especially not over the Maddie character.

No one knows for sure, but I don't think that he is. 

• Love 3
On 3/27/2019 at 5:54 AM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I think it was a more general show promo, rather than a tune in next week promo. It was playing before the show returned from the short hiatus. A big wild fire with homes going up is probably coming in a future episode.

5 hours ago, Raja said:

I think it was a more general show promo, rather than a tune in next week promo. It was playing before the show returned from the short hiatus. A big wild fire with homes going up is probably coming in a future episode.

Thanks so much ... I wonder if the episode was written/filmed before the more recent spate of fires and might have been considered a trigger of sorts! One thing I enjoy a lot about the show (as well as "The Rookie") is how many places I recognize (I don't live there yet but spend quite a bit of time there since my daughter moved there in 2011) ... and we'll be moving there in 2020/2021 ... so not a big fan of "LA in flames, film at 11" subplots LOL. 

1 hour ago, ajsnaves said:

If they hurt Christopher, there will be hell to pay. Can’t he and Buck just have a lovely day at the beach?

Oh, there would be nowhere for them to hide!

On the bright side, seeing the way Buck is running with him over his shoulder, I'd say it's a safe bet that he's healing up well. o_O

• Love 1

Some spoilers for the upcoming season:

The Fox procedural always knows how to make a splash, and it’s got a biggie planned for Season 3. “The tsunami episodes are going to make [last season’s] earthquake look tame in comparison,” showrunner Tim Minear says. “You ain’t seen nothing yet.” The natural disaster also introduces us to Ronda Rousey as Lena Bosco, a first responder with whom Eddie finds “different ways to express some of his pent-up frustration and rage. He’s such a Boy Scout and is wound up tighter than he realizes, so she introduces him to a world where he can let off some steam.” Meanwhile, Buck continues to work through his existential crisis, experiencing “several victories and defeats in the first couple of episodes,” while Bobby and Athena’s new marriage will face its own share of “interesting challenges.”  

BONUS SPOILER!: Episode 7, appropriately titled “Athena Begins,” takes us back to the late 1980s when Angela Bassett’s character first joined the LAPD. “We find out how it all began for her,” Minear says, “while in the present day, she’s following up on a 30-year-old mystery.”

I honestly thought we already had an Athena Begins episode, but I guess it's more like we've had a lot of episodes centered around her.

Still rooting for a Buck or Eddie Begins episode this season.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The natural disaster also introduces us to Ronda Rousey as Lena Bosco, a first responder with whom Eddie finds “different ways to express some of his pent-up frustration and rage.

Fight Club?  

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, rove4 said:

Fight Club?  

I haven't seen Rhonda Rousey in the WWE, but so far her acting career has been limited to fight scenes. Maybe just a martial artist who has to use her skill for self defense but is also a first responder 

I am putting this here because this is speculation on my part.  

It looks like the show is going to go with at least a few episodes of Buck and Cristopher vs the tsunami.   There is no way the show will kill off Christopher but putting him in danger so Buck can save him or the reverse so he can end up saving Buck would make a good couple of episodes.  Plus they are sweet together.

It could also ultimately get him back as a fire fighter or be what sets him on a. Ew path which I find more interesting if the show chooses this option.

But again just guessing. 

The universe it mocking me.  Let’s go feed the fish.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

It looks like the show is going to go with at least a few episodes of Buck and Cristopher vs the tsunami.   There is no way the show will kill off Christopher but putting him in danger so Buck can save him or the reverse so he can end up saving Buck would make a good couple of episodes.  Plus they are sweet together.

Well, it seems like the tsunami storyline will go right until episode 3, so we'll have Buck/Christopher in danger for two full episodes. It seems like Buck does lose Christopher at some point but finds him in episode 3 (there are promotional photos of the third episode already). 

But seeing as they just upped Gavin McHugh to a series regular (woohoo!), the kid will be absolutely fine. They won't kill off Christopher, especially when they just killed off his mom and especially since the audience loves him. 

I assume this tsunami storyline will be a huge character progression moment for Buck as well. He'll get to save some people, prove to LAFD that he's capable of doing his job, but it could go either way on whether he does take his job back or if he decides to take the light duty for a little while because he realizes that he needs to slow it down or that he needs some time to recover or whatever. The first episode did certainly set up either outcome, especially with Bobby mentioning that he didn't want to see Buck burn out by pushing himself too hard. 

• Love 1

A friend of mine is convinced they're actually killing Buck off, mainly cause he is in none of the not-Tsunami related promo scenes and because they're adding a new firefighter... well and I guess cause crime/medical related shows always kill someone off at some point. 

I could argue her arguments away, but she has me half convinced by now - I just don't want to believe... and ngl, part of it is trust issues when Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are involved. 

Edit: Luckily the press release for episode 4 told me he survives so yay I can relax while the Tsunami will only kill lots of sympathetic one-off characters.

Edited by Azi
  • Love 1

Press Releases For Episodes

3x03 & 3x04 & 3x05

https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/09/911-episode-303-searchers-press-release.html

IN THE WAKE OF A TSUNAMI, THE FIRST RESPONDERS RACE TO SAVE LIVES ON AN ALL-NEW "9-1-1" MONDAY, OCTOBER 7, ON FOX

Ronda Rousey Guest-Stars

Athena, Maddie, Bobby and the 118 races to save lives after a massive tsunami hits the Santa Monica Pier and Buck fears the worst when Christopher goes missing in the all-new "The Searchers" episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, Oct. 7 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-303) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Angela Bassett as Athena Grant; Peter Krause as Bobby Nash; Jennifer Love Hewitt as Maddie Kendall; Oliver Stark as Evan "Buck" Buckley; Kenneth Choi as Howie "Chimney" Han; Aisha Hinds as Henrietta "Hen" Wilson; Rockmond Dunbar as Michael Grant; Ryan Guzman as Eddie Diaz; Corinne Massiah as May Grant; Marcanthonee Jon Reis as Harry Grant; Gavin McHugh as Christopher Diaz

Guest Cast: Ronda Rousey as Lena Bosko; Debra Christofferson as Sue Blevins; Leonard Roberts as Capt. Ronnie Cooper; Ava Acres as Charlotte; Sandra Santiago as Gabriella; William Russ as Chuck; Deborah Strong as Adele; Conor Romero as Jason; Brian Tichnell as Max; Elia Cantu as Stacey

3x04: Triggers

https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/09/911-episode-304-triggers-press-release.html

THE FIRST RESPONDERS ARE INVOLVED IN AN EMERGENCY AT A HIGH-RISE FIRE DRILL ON AN ALL-NEW "9-1-1" MONDAY, OCTOBER 14, ON FOX

Ronda Rousey Guest-Stars

The first responders race to save workers in a high-rise during a fire drill; a mother and her sons involved in a perilous car accident; and squabbling siblings fighting over a family heirloom. Meanwhile, Buck delivers surprising news to Bobby, Eddie helps Christopher cope with the trauma of the tsunami, Hen and Karen debate expanding their family and Maddie decides to take action against a possible wife abuser in the all-new "Triggers" episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, Oct. 14 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-305) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Angela Bassett as Athena Grant; Peter Krause as Bobby Nash; Jennifer Love Hewitt as Maddie Kendall; Oliver Stark as Evan "Buck" Buckley; Kenneth Choi as Howie "Chimney" Han; Aisha Hinds as Henrietta "Hen" Wilson; Rockmond Dunbar as Michael Grant; Ryan Guzman as Eddie Diaz; Corinne Massiah as May Grant; Marcanthonee Jon Reis as Harry Grant; Gavin McHugh as Christopher Diaz

Guest Cast: Ronda Rousey as Lena Bosko; Tracie Thomas as Karen Wilson; Declan Platt as Denny Wilson; Bryan Safi as Josh Russo; Scott Wilder as Alan; Jordan Belfi as Chase Mackey; Jonathan Ohye as Dr. Lin; Paula Jai Parker as Judith Spivey; Aiden Berryman as Camden; Jonny Berryman as Jonny

3x05: Rage 

3x05 Rage

ATHENA TAKES ACTION AND BUCK PROCEEDS AHEAD WITH HIS LAWSUIT

ON AN ALL-NEW “9-1-1” MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, ON FOX Ronda Rousey Guest-Stars

The 118 races to help protesters at a slaughter house, and a wife who finds herself trapped in a “rage room” with her husband’s mistress. Meanwhile, Athena takes action after Michael, May, and Harry experience a traumatic traffic stop. Also, the team feels betrayed by Buck when his suit against the city goes to arbitration and Eddie turns to Lena in his struggles with his anger issues in the all-new “Rage” episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, Oct. 21 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-306) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Angela Bassett as Athena Grant; Peter Krause as Bobby Nash; Jennifer Love Hewitt as Maddie Kendall; Oliver Stark as Evan “Buck” Buckley; Kenneth Choi as Howie “Chimney” Han; Aisha Hinds as Henrietta “Hen” Wilson; Rockmond Dunbar as Michael Grant; Ryan Guzman as Eddie Diaz; Corinne Massiah as May Grant; Marcanthonee Jon Reis as Harry Grant; Gavin McHugh as Christopher Diaz

Guest Cast: Ronda Rousey as Lena Bosko; Tracie Thomas as Karen Wilson; Claudia Christian as Capt. Elaine Maynard