Type keyword(s) to search

9-1-1 Spoilers & Speculation

ESS
  • Start Topic

I can’t wait to watch this tonight. I don’t think they’re going to kill off Christopher-but I bet we don’t know where he is for a lot of the episode.

The actor who plays Buck compared the second episode to the Tsunami movie The Impossible. In that movie

Spoiler

The kid is with one parent who is injured after the wave hits, and that same kid finds his siblings and their father. He then brings them to his injured mother. The entire movie is them trying to survive and find each other.

I wonder if Christopher is going to be the one who finds Buck or his father before Buck finds him. I bet Christopher gets to the triage center and then everyone doesn’t know if Buck is alright.

1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

I can’t wait to watch this tonight. I don’t think they’re going to kill off Christopher-but I bet we don’t know where he is for a lot of the episode.

The actor who plays Buck compared the second episode to the Tsunami movie The Impossible. In that movie

Reveal spoiler

The kid is with one parent who is injured after the wave hits, and that same kid finds his siblings and their father. He then brings them to his injured mother. The entire movie is them trying to survive and find each other.

I wonder if Christopher is going to be the one who finds Buck or his father before Buck finds him. I bet Christopher gets to the triage center and then everyone doesn’t know if Buck is alright.

I am wondering if we lose Buck because of his heart condition,  after Christopher  is okay.  If we lost Christopher, I will have to rethink my love  for this show

26 minutes ago, oceanview said:

I am wondering if we lose Buck because of his heart condition,  after Christopher  is okay.  If we lost Christopher, I will have to rethink my love  for this show

He doesn't have a heart condition, he has a "blood clot condition" and he's not gonna die, he's in the ep 4 and ep 5 synopsis.

it's an old article but i'm wondering what is this about. "some will live some will not".  https://www.tvinsider.com/810365/9-1-1-season-3-disasters-death-ronda-rousey/

The episode 4 synopsis reveals that all the main characters survive the tsunami, recurring characters like Karen and Michael are alive as well. I wonder if he meant random people are going to die. Or a major character death is happening later in the season. Here's the ep 4 synopsis btw:

"The first responders race to save workers in a high-rise during a fire drill; a mother and her sons involved in a perilous car accident; and squabbling siblings fighting over a family heirloom. Meanwhile, Buck delivers surprising news to Bobby, Eddie helps Christopher cope with the trauma of the tsunami, Hen and Karen debate expanding their family and Maddie decides to take action against a possible wife abuser in the all-new “Triggers” episode of 9-1-1.... " [source: https://www.foxflash.com/releases/view/week-of-oct-13-20-2019]

With the episode ending how it did, I'm very curious where Eddie's anger issues are supposed to come from. He's one of the most chill characters. If Buck had them cause of all the frustrations with his health, I'd understand, but Eddie? Did I miss something?

Press release for

3x06 Monsters

3x06: Monsters

THE FIRST RESPONDERS DEAL WITH SOME SCARY EMERGENCIES ON HALLOWEEN.

Athena and the 118 respond to bizarre emergency calls on Halloween, including a flock of crows terrorizing a field trip, an office employee having a close encounter with an eight-limbed creature and a ghost-like girl wandering a neighborhood. Meanwhile, Maddie remains convinced that she is doing the right thing in taking a 9-1-1 call into her own hands.

Okay, linking a random tumblr here cause I have no idea what the actual source for these pics is, but there are some promo pics for episode 5: https://aliencurls.tumblr.com/post/188266879760/athena-takes-action-and-buck-proceeds-ahead-with

I'm actually really annoyed now. I thought "helping with anger issues" would lead to some boring show-off-the-guest-star boxing scenes or whatever, but street fighting? I mean, I don't even know where the anger issues are suddenly coming from, but who knows what will happen in episode 4. I'm not sure Mister-I-failed-this-kid-so-many-times-but-I-will-never-stop-trying would go into street fighting? If this was a cop show I'd maybe thing it was an undercover thing, but... Are they trying to make us dislike Lena?

Edited by Azi

Press Release for 3x07: Athena Begins

3x07 Athena Begins

ATHENA REFLECTS ON HOW SHE BECAME THE POLICE OFFICER SHE IS TODAY.

When a murder weapon from a case close to Athena in the early '90s resurfaces, flashbacks to 1989 show how Athena joined the LAPD and became the police officer she is today.

• Useful 1

Press release 3x08: Malfunction 

*well it looks like Rhonda is gonna be in more episodes I guess it was just that she wasn't in the 3x06 episode*

3x08 Malfunction

TRAGEDY STRIKES AT AN ICE SKATING SHOW ON AN ALL-NEW "9-1-1" MONDAY, NOVEMBER 11, ON FOX

Emergencies include a skating mishap at an ice show, an accident involving a self-driving car and a fulfillment warehouse robot going rogue. Meanwhile, Eddie's after-hours fight club gets out-of-control and Hen struggles in her relationship with Karen in the all-new "Malfunction" episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, Nov. 11 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-308) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Angela Bassett as Athena Grant; Peter Krause as Bobby Nash; Jennifer Love Hewitt as Maddie Kendall; Oliver Stark as Evan "Buck" Buckley; Kenneth Choi as Howie "Chimney" Han; Aisha Hinds as Henrietta "Hen" Wilson; Ryan Guzman as Eddie Diaz; Rockmond Dunbar as Michael Grant; Corinne Massiah as May Grant; Marcanthonee Jon Reis as Harry Grant; Gavin McHugh as Christopher Diaz

Guest Cast: Ronda Rousey as Lena Bosko; Tracie Thomas as Karen; Declan Pratt as Denny; Leonard Roberts as Capt. Ronnie Cooper; Wallace Langham as Brian; Ian Ward as Boyd; Tina Ivlev as Marylou; Andy Cohen as Jerome; Brent Popolizio as Shane; Lauren Pritchard as Cara

45 minutes ago, ESS said:

*well it looks like Rhonda is gonna be in more episodes I guess it was just that she wasn't in the 3x06 episode*

I figured as much. She'll be sticking around as long as Eddie's doing the dumbass Fight Club stuff. So I imagine at least until episode 10. But maybe her storyline ends with her getting fired for doing some reckless shit, maybe to kind of parallel Buck's stuff (he didn't get fired but she did). That's the hope, anyway.

That being said, even though it says in this press release that Eddie's Fight Club gets out of control...does it really mean that it'll actually end in this episode? I hope so; it shouldn't be going on for this long to begin with. 

14 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Oh, dear.  I think someone's going to die in episode 8.  It's not going to be Athena or Hen because the former is holding the latter as she weeps.   Place your bets, people.

I didn't get previews on my channel, but if it's Chimney,  I'm out. 

15 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Oh, dear.  I think someone's going to die in episode 8.  It's not going to be Athena or Hen because the former is holding the latter as she weeps.   Place your bets, people.

They wouldn't dare kill the little child, would they? I bet Karen.

39 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I didn't get previews on my channel, but if it's Chimney,  I'm out. 

it's not Chimney or anyone from the firehouse, I follow the cast on instagram and they're all shooting the xmas episode atm.

39 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

They wouldn't dare kill the little child, would they? I bet Karen.

*sigh* they went a whole 4 episodes without the "who's going to die" crap. It's a shame they can't find better ways to keep the viewers engaged.

19 minutes ago, ESS said:

I'm thinking it's Karen, Hen's wife that dies or is hurt because Denny is seen being hugged by Hen I believe in the promos..

no, Karen is hugging Denny in the promo, that scene probably takes place before *whatever happens to them*.

idk, maybe they're struggling to have another kid and then Denny has a near death experience [hopefully just *near*] and then they let go of the thought of having another kid and appreciate what they have. or not.

i'm sorry for being an obnoxious smartass. I'm just trying to figure out what's going to happen.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:17 PM, DisplayyName said:

I love Hen, I wish they would give her bigger storylines but knowing this show if I'm asking for bigger storylines for her I'll get a near death experience or the death of her wife or [pleasegodno] her child.

my comment from 1 month ago

Edited by DisplayyName
9 minutes ago, DisplayyName said:

it's not Chimney or anyone from the firehouse, I follow the cast on instagram and they're all shooting the xmas episode atm.

*sigh* they went a whole 4 episodes without the "who's going to die" crap. It's a shame they can't find better ways to keep the viewers engaged.

no, Karen is hugging Denny in the promo, that scene probably takes place before *whatever happens to them*.

idk, maybe they're struggling to have another kid and then Denny has a near death experience [hopefully just *near*] and then they let go of the thought of having another kid and appreciate what they have or not.

i'm sorry for being an obnoxious smartass. I'm just trying to figure out what's going to happen.

my comment from 1 month ago

Okay well..thanks for letting me know it was Karen hugging Denny I wasn't really paying attention I guess to the promo, but yeah it's probably before the event takes place...

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I could see it being someone they're trying to save.  Sometimes they bond with the victims.  Or it's a kid. 

I don't know about that because Hen was crying pretty hard...but again we'll have to wait & see,

18 minutes ago, DisplayyName said:

Big spoiler 

Hide contents

Karen doesn't die, you can see her in this video. She's in the Christmas episode. 

Spoiler

Thanks for this! interesting well that's good then I'm glad she doesn't die, now I'm wondering why Hen is crying like that in the promo unless it's something unrelated to her family..which I guess is possible.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Maybe there was an accident while Hen was driving the ambulance and she's horrified she hurt someone. 

wow that's a good theory! I hope something like this happens. Poor Hen, either way. I just don't want her to lose her family.
I think if her child got hurt/killed she would be with him, holding him so the theory of a stranger dying "because of her" makes sense.
Also, the synopsis says there's an accident involving a self-driving car. Maybe it turns out later that the accident wasn't her fault at all.

Edited by DisplayyName

THE FIRST RESPONDERS RACE TO HELP VICTIMS CAUGHT IN A METEOR SHOWER ON AN ALL-NEW "9-1-1" MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25, ON FOX
The 118 responds to debris from a meteor shower crashing into an apartment building and a deadly fire caused by a hazardous waste truck crash inside a tunnel. Meanwhile, Hen struggles with guilt over her ambulance accident, Bobby introduces Eddie to an old friend to help with his anger and Maddie receives an urgent call for help in the all-new "Fallout" episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, Nov. 25 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-309) (TV-14 L, V)

So I assume there will be indeed an accident while Hen is driving - I also assume related to the self driving car (maybe it malfunctions). Maybe one person dies or will be in a coma. No matter how much it wouldn't be her fault, she'd still feel incredibly guilty. 

When will this anger issues stuff finally be over?

Edited by Azi

Now that I think about it, this show doesn't actually have them fighting many fires. I kinda like that, because firefighters and EMS get called out for way more stuff then actual fires. Plus it has to be much much cheaper to film.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Azi said:

THE FIRST RESPONDERS RACE TO HELP VICTIMS CAUGHT IN A METEOR SHOWER ON AN ALL-NEW "9-1-1" MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25, ON FOX
The 118 responds to debris from a meteor shower crashing into an apartment building and a deadly fire caused by a hazardous waste truck crash inside a tunnel. Meanwhile, Hen struggles with guilt over her ambulance accident, Bobby introduces Eddie to an old friend to help with his anger and Maddie receives an urgent call for help in the all-new "Fallout" episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, Nov. 25 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-309) (TV-14 L, V)

So I assume there will be indeed an accident while Hen is driving - I also assume related to the self driving car (maybe it malfunctions). Maybe one person dies or will be in a coma. No matter how much it wouldn't be her fault, she'd still feel incredibly guilty. 

When will this anger issues stuff finally be over?

What are the odds this is Tara and Maddie is about to be proven right? Since Ellen Hollman is listed as a guest star, I'd say yes. I really hoped they wouldn't go there, but unless there's a twist and she's the abuser, I guess they are. 

• Love 2

Press release for 3x10: Christmas Spirit

THE HOLIDAYS ARE MORE NAUGHTY THAN NICE FOR THE FIRST RESPONDERS ON THE ALL-NEW, HOLIDAY-THEMED FALL FINALE OF “9-1-1” MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, ON FOX

The 118 responds to holiday-themed incidents, including a shopper pushed over the edge, a woman who is literally having a “Blue Christmas” and a luggage handler accident on a tarmac. Meanwhile, Maddie revisits her past to embrace her future and Bobby receives shocking news in the all-new “Christmas Spirit” fall finale episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, Dec. 2 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-310) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Angela Bassett as Athena Grant; Peter Krause as Bobby Nash; Jennifer Love Hewitt as Maddie Kendall; Oliver Stark as Evan “Buck” Buckley; Kenneth Choi as Howie “Chimney” Han; Aisha Hinds as Henrietta “Hen” Wilson; Ryan Guzman as Eddie Diaz; Rockmond Dunbar as Michael Grant; Corinne Massiah as May Grant; Marcanthonee Jon Reis as Harry Grant; Gavin McHugh as Christopher Diaz

Guest Cast: Tracie Thomas as Karen; Declan Pratt as Denny

Edited by ESS

A post-finale interview from Tim Minear, but here's the more important spoilery part:

TVLINE | Generally speaking, what do we have to look forward to in 2020?
We’re going to have some great cases, big cases, episode-spanning cases. We’re doing an “Eddie Begins” episode, and although it won’t be exclusively a flashback, we’ll see how he earned his Silver Star in Afghanistan. We’ll understand the struggles he had with his wife, as well as how he came to be a single father. We think we know that story, but we’ll come to learn that it’s not as simple as we thought. We’re also going to see a little bit more of Josh, the 9-1-1 operator who works with Maddie. We’ll see a little bit of his personal life. We’ll see more harrowing rescues and perhaps a visit from some familiar faces.

Yes! An Eddie Begins episode!

But show....we will literally have everyone BUT Buck's Begins episode. Where's HIS centered episode? Huh? 

Also, more Josh! I like Maddie's operator friend.

• Love 8

Another interview with Tim Minear

The holidays are ahead and fans would surely appreciate one more gift from you, what can you tease about the final eight episodes of the season? Will Ronda Rousey‘s Lena come back and become Eddie’s (Ryan Guzman) love interest, at all?
You’re going to have to take that up with Twitter. Twitter was not happy with Lena moving in on Eddie. For me, Lena was never intended to be a love interest for Eddie. She was just somebody that could kind of give him a different point of view on things because she wasn’t in the inner circle.

But you never know who it might be…

Does this mean Eddie will definitely be getting a love interest?
I don’t think you can walk around looking like Ryan Guzman and not have a love interest.

Please be Buck, please be Buck, please be Buck.  I have become so invested in seeing those two get together!

Hmm.  From the TVLine interview above, some "familiar faces" will be visiting?  I wonder who that is referring to?  I never really cared much for Buck and Abby back in the first season, but it would be interesting to see her return for just a few episodes.  I kind of felt bad for poor Buck when she was shipped off, never to be seen again.    

• Love 1

So, it looks like Connie Britton is finally returning to the show for multiple episodes,

Which I think is a good thing. I liked Abby, although I didn't love her, but more than anything, I feel like Buck and Abby's story wasn't really closed, so she's likely only coming back for that closure. I'm happy for that, as well. It's also interesting to see how much Buck has changed since Abby took off, so I'm very interested to see their interactions. I'm sure Abby will be happy to see Buck with his new family in Eddie and Christopher! 

In all seriousness, I'm curious to see how long she's sticking around. I do think the Buck/Abby ship has sailed long ago and I assume Connie isn't interested in coming back full time so she's probably only around until she figures out her next plan. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Goodish in that I don't necessarily want more closure. 

For me, I don't think that their story necessarily got closure. Abby took off, Buck didn't really hear from her after that, and then he just realized that she wasn't coming back and that they were officially broken up, so he moved on. But they never had an actual talk about what Abby did to Buck.

I think it's important for Buck to get to talk to Abby, and for Abby to probably apologize, not for leaving, but for not having a proper conversation about their relationship being over. 

That being said, I don't think I need multiple episodes. Just one or two episodes to close up Abby's story is just fine with me.

• Love 4

Another Buck/Christopher scene coming after the show returns:

Question: Not that I’m hoping for another tidal wave to hit, but can we expect more Buck/Christopher storylines on 9-1-1 this season? —Jim
As a matter of fact, Oliver Stark says there’s a “really lovely sequence” at the end of this season’s 12th episode, which is “going to melt people’s hearts.” He acknowledges, “We’ve seen them struggle through so much darkness this season. This is a chance to see them just having fun. I can’t wait for people to see it.” You’ll have to be patient, though, because a premiere date for the second half of Season 3 has yet to be announced.

• Love 1

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/03/911-episode-314-taking-of-dispatch-9-1.html

Synopsis for 3x14: A NIGHTMARE AT DISPATCH

A NIGHTMARE AT DISPATCH ON AN ALL-NEW "9-1-1" MONDAY, APRIL 13, ON FOX

Maddie fears for herself and her co-workers when the call center is taken hostage in the all-new "The Taking of Dispatch 9-1-1" episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, April 13 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-315) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Angela Bassett as Athena Grant; Peter Krause as Bobby Nash; Jennifer Love Hewitt as Maddie Kendall; Oliver Stark as Evan "Buck" Buckley; Kenneth Choi as Howie "Chimney" Han; Aisha Hinds as Henrietta "Hen" Wilson; Ryan Guzman as Eddie Diaz; Rockmond Dunbar as Michael Grant; Corinne Massiah as May Grant; Marcanthonee Jon Reis as Harry Grant; Gavin McHugh as Christopher Diaz

Guest Cast: Debra Cristofferson as Sue Blevins; Bryan Safi as Josh; Sean Kleier as Greg; Jocelyn Hudon as Tiffany; Jayson Blair as Jake; Assaf Cohen as Ellis; Alex Loynaz as Terry; Ashwin Gore as Jamal; Chiquita Fuller as Linda; Orson Chaplin as Arpels; Matt Battaglia as Van Cleef; Gene Farber as Oliver; Travis Moody as Ray Ban; Jesse Egan as Foster

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20200402fox01/

Synopsis 3x15: Eddie Begins 

EDDIE'S RESCUE MISSION TURNS INTO A FIGHT FOR HIS LIFE ON AN ALL-NEW "9-1-1" MONDAY, APRIL 20, ON FOX

Eddie's journey to rescue a boy from a well turns into a mission to save himself from his past in the all-new "Eddie Begins" episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, April 20 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) 

Guest Cast: Cocoa Brown as Carla; Devin Kelley as Shannon Diaz; George DelHoyo as Ramon Diaz; Paula Marshall as Helena Diaz; Grant McKinney as Young Christopher; Ana Mercedes as Isabel Diaz; Cary Christopher as Aidan Benson

33 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Do you think that the CV19 epidemic will come up next season? It seems like a massive thing to ignore but at the same time so hard to work in.

Definitely, IMO, although we can’t yet know when “next season” will happen for any show. The economic effects don’t seem predictable WRT scripted shows.
I can’t even imagine what audiences will want to tune in to watch, which is what your question really asks. There are a gazillion ways the Covid-19 virus could come into play in a show like this. I suppose the typical way this show would do it is have an arc dealing with it, maybe even a full season arc, but that could be risky if it turns out to be a PTSD trauma trigger that makes viewers tune out.