Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

cont'd

- which actors inspired you early on? Harrison Ford, Bruce Willis, Kevin Costner (!!!) action adventure guys. From comedy standpoint: Pink Panther and Jerry Lewis movies. Never had any formal acting training so watching these people informed him.

-final day on set, did you and Jared celebrate? Yes, they celebrated with a very, very, VERY old bottle of scotch. Will probably unpack it over the next fifteen years. Not as tearful as he thought it might be, but was more tears of joy, accomplishment.

Yes

jen5.JPG

Interesting. I'm old enough to have had a crush on Bruce Willis since David Addison on Moonlighting! Kevin Costner is also interesting, he's an actor, producer and director and has done many genres. No one every talks about Jerry Lewis! His movies are hilarious, you may have to warm up to the humor. I combination of sheer silliness undercut with wittiness. He was a very creative and inventive filmmaker. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I tend to put more stock in what Singer says (than Badd), even though I rarely agree with his take on the characters. I don't think any of this is spoilery but just in case...  The Article.

Calling it an actors' episode is interesting. I will have tissues for crying and champagne and cake in case it sucks. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

Interesting. I'm old enough to have had a crush on Bruce Willis since David Addison on Moonlighting! Kevin Costner is also interesting, he's an actor, producer and director and has done many genres. No one every talks about Jerry Lewis! His movies are hilarious, you may have to warm up to the humor. I combination of sheer silliness undercut with wittiness. He was a very creative and inventive filmmaker. 

I'm with you on Bruce Willis!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I'm with you on Bruce Willis!

I'm with him on all three guys, Ford, Willis, and Costner! Unfortunately, Harrison Ford has lost a step in his latest years/roles IMO. But that happens to many people.

• Love 1

I wasn't sure where else to post this question, so I hope it's the right topic. We know what shows Jared and Jenson are doing after SPN, but do we know anything about Misha's future plans? Personally I hope he shows up on Doom Patrol with Mark Sheppard. But then again, I hope that everyone shows up on Doom Patrol cos it's my favorite show. ^__^

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, KayCordingly said:

I wasn't sure where else to post this question, so I hope it's the right topic. We know what shows Jared and Jenson are doing after SPN, but do we know anything about Misha's future plans? Personally I hope he shows up on Doom Patrol with Mark Sheppard. But then again, I hope that everyone shows up on Doom Patrol cos it's my favorite show. ^__^

I  believe Misha said he was stepping back from acting and going into politics or public service of some sort.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

I  believe Misha said he was stepping back from acting and going into politics or public service of some sort.

You know I had a feeling that he would be getting more involved with politics. It does seem to be a big passion of his. Thanks for the answer.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

If he doesn’t need to work for a salary (ie if SPN has set him up) I think he would do great in public service etc. He has an army of supporters, lots of young people super engaged in his actions, he did a lot with this past election...he could do a lot of good (depending on your politics, of course). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Binns said:

If he doesn’t need to work for a salary (ie if SPN has set him up) I think he would do great in public service etc. He has an army of supporters, lots of young people super engaged in his actions, he did a lot with this past election...he could do a lot of good (depending on your politics, of course). 

Recently he seems to have made friends in very high places.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Misha filmed a small part in a Netflix movie I believe. 

I think he said it was for Amazon Prime, and I believe the project is his friend Darius's - so I'm guessing that's the movie he was referring to.

36 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Recently he seems to have made friends in very high places.  

I don't have twitter or FB so unless he posts it on insta, I don't see it...but I wonder if he's feeling good and encouraged or not. Now Granted, Biden/Presidency was a big win BUT NONE of the other platforms/people he campaigned for even came close (MJ Hager, Alabama dude, Turning Texas blue, blue wave house and senate etc.). I personally would rather see him act, but I'm quite sure I'm in the minority there- so don't throw things lol.

1 hour ago, S Cook Productions said:

I don't have twitter or FB so unless he posts it on insta, I don't see it...but I wonder if he's feeling good and encouraged or not. Now Granted, Biden/Presidency was a big win BUT NONE of the other platforms/people he campaigned for even came close (MJ Hager, Alabama dude, Turning Texas blue, blue wave house and senate etc.). I personally would rather see him act, but I'm quite sure I'm in the minority there- so don't throw things lol.

He arranged video chats with Amy Klobuchar and Cory Booker (I think he was more stoked to be talking to the guys about SPN though). Both pretty powerful US Senators.  I think he wants to get involved more locally.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Binns said:

Sure makes it sound like that was it for Cas period. Unless MC filmed scenes for S15E20 before he “said goodbye to Cas.”

Not that I want him around next epi, but it doesn't really make any sense story-wise for him to stay dead. S&D never even mentioned to Jack to bring him back when Dean had already demanded it of Chuck earlier in the epi.  

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Not that I want him around next epi, but it doesn't really make any sense story-wise for him to stay dead. S&D never even mentioned to Jack to bring him back when Dean had already demanded it of Chuck earlier in the epi.  

Yea, I agree with you. I can’t see how it would make sense to just forget about arguably the third most important person on the show. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I can see a line about how Castiel is back in Heaven, at Jack's side and he's happy there, and he'll see them again when it's their time.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I can see a line about how Castiel is back in Heaven, at Jack's side and he's happy there, and he'll see them again when it's their time.

Maybe they’ll end in heaven on JA’s face and him smiling “Cas?” —> cue extreme fandom meltdown 

(ETA this is a joke, sorry)

Edited by Binns
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, shoetingstar said:

**He got his 1st The Boys script!!

What thread are we using for The Boys/Soldier Boy updates, possible spoilers? Cuz he gave some info

Gotcha! I have to get back on The Boys board...

edit: @gonzosgirrl - you were not kidding! How did hell did I miss your detailed summary when I as scrolling down? Thanks!

I mainlined it last week. So excited.

9 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Isn't Carver show runner?

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Jensen did not win sexiest man alive... maybe next year when he is in a respected high profile tv show.

He did as far as I'm concerned 🙂

Another EW interview with Jensen about The End

https://ew.com/tv/supernatural-jensen-ackles-final-season-interview/

"There was a moment in my trailer when I took off my boots for the last time," Supernatural star Jensen Ackles tells EW of his last day shooting the series. Ackles has worn through four pairs of what he calls "indestructible work boots" during his time as Dean, and on his last day on set, he vividly remembers taking them off for the last time and even snapping a picture of the moment. He was, as he puts it, "literally, like, hanging up my boots." That was a major moment for the actor, who took that final pair of boots home with him to Austin.

🥴

I hope he really is as okay with the ending as he claims.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

🥴

EW is treating him like the star if  Badd and the dabbling hacks are not.  TV Guide too. 

I wonder if it's the media attention that the Soldier Boy announcement received. 

Media is giving him the star treatment.

I have given up this season. 

IDK what we will be getting. 

That must be some CGI stand-in in the photo... else Dean is using a machete on a guy in a unitard and mask. 

Is Dabb going to pull Frailty out of his sleeve?

That movie in which the dad starts hunting demons and trains the sons to do it however only one son is really invested in the family "business ".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

🥴

If he isn't, he probably isn't going to say that now, he may not say it at all, it'll just "show" with whatever the limited series undoes and changes(assuming that actually happens)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

If he isn't, he probably isn't going to say that now, he may not say it at all, it'll just "show" with whatever the limited series undoes and changes(assuming that actually happens)

The fact that he did form a production company might be significant.

He will be offered plum roles. No doubt of that. He doesn't need to create his own opportunities.

Maybe there's more to working with Kripke than a high profile role that stretches his acting chops.

I still hope that a cool Marvel role opens up.

He will 4ever be my StarLord and Hawkeye.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Castiels Cat said:

The fact that he did form a production company might be significant.

He will be offered plum roles. No doubt of that. He doesn't need to create his own opportunities.

Maybe there's more to working with Kripke than a high profile role that stretches his acting chops.

I still hope that a cool Marvel role opens up.

He will 4ever be my StarLord and Hawkeye.

I was thinking that too.  Kripke mentioned that the role came up when they were discussing another project.  Now he could have just meant the SPN finale but what if it was the production company.  Jensen may have been picking his brains about producing AND seeing if there was a way he could get in on producing any potential SPN sequels or spin offs.

• Useful 3

Aww, that's really sweet. Despite everything, it's nice to see the little show that could and the Winchester brothers get such a legacy nod.

I doubt the 15 record for a US genre show with the same cast will be broken anytime soon, if ever. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

EW is treating him like the star if  Badd and the dabbling hacks are not.  TV Guide too. 

I wonder if it's the media attention that the Soldier Boy announcement received. 

Media is giving him the star treatment.

I have given up this season. 

IDK what we will be getting. 

That must be some CGI stand-in in the photo... else Dean is using a machete on a guy in a unitard and mask. 

Is Dabb going to pull Frailty out of his sleeve?

That movie in which the dad starts hunting demons and trains the sons to do it however only one son is really invested in the family "business ".

FRAILTY is one of my favorite movies and criminally underrated. Hmmm...I never connected the similarities with SPN...huh. I definitely have a type in men and entertainment. heh. Wouldn't they have to do a reverse-Frailty to really shock us? Sort of like...

Spoiler

IDENTITY

w/ John Cusack, Ray Liotta, etc...?? (Another, twist!ending movie from the early aughts.)

And oh yeah, Yabba Dabba Doo could Nevah!

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, shoetingstar said:

FRAILTY is one of my favorite movies and criminally underrated. Hmmm...I never connected the similarities with SPN...huh. I definitely have a type in men and entertainment. heh. Wouldn't they have to do a reverse-Frailty to really shock us? Sort of like...

I agree that this was an excellent movie. It was the first time that I took notice of Bill Paxton's acting chops.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I'm praying that the Dabb and Co. do the show ( and Dean ) right and end on a note that will leave all of the fans satisfied instead of the small group of sycophants that they court on SM.

A good strong finale can help to mitigate the sadness of a beloved series ending. This season has not been that, unfortunately, so the last 42 minutes of this show have a tall order I fear they couldn't meet under the best of circumstances - i.e., having a good showrunner and good writers who really cared. We didn't have those and haven't for years. And I certainly didn't appreciate hearing from Jensen's most recent interview with EW that Dabb and Co. showed the Js heavy disrespect when they had their first and last meeting with the writers and were told, essentially, 'suck it up, princesses - this is what we're doing whether you like it or not.' Seriously, why did they even invite the Js to the meeting if they were going to have no input? Petty to the end, and that's not a good look.

So I'm not at all confident. And yet, I still hope the finale is at least not disrespectful. Because I am going to miss the characters. Not the show so much, because it's been an endless stream of frustration for years - so much storytelling potential squandered.

But no matter what I will miss the characters, and especially my beloved Dean. I love these guys and regardless of what Dabb does, that won't change. Yeah, I'm going to miss them a lot - and it's going to hurt a lot to let them go. I'm already sad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, bethy said:

This is a sweet little review of the pilot by someone at EW who had never seen it before - https://ew.com/tv/tv-reviews/supernatural-pilot-review-2020/

One part of that review that I really liked:

But one genius early story decision by creator Eric Kripke was to let the brothers approach their curious investigations as just another day job. They don’t pause to define lingo like “EVP” for the benefit of the audience. Dean tell Sam he was just recently “working my own gig, this voodoo thing down in New Orleans.” Ackles makes that line sing like shop talk: A plumber mentioning the burst pipe he fixed this morning, an actor who already forgot his lines from the commercial he filmed yesterday. Dean’s pulling Sam back into a career they spent their whole youth learning. So there’s a professionals-at-work directness in their tradecraft: Phony credit cards, convincing-enough badges, frequent lockpicking.

This is one thing that I immediately liked about the show at the very beginning, Dean and Sam's matter-of-fact attitude toward the supernatural, the way it made it so believable that they had been raised since they were children to do this job. It was fascinating to me, and made me want to learn more about who these guys were and what their lives had been like.

Honestly, one of my favorite lines from the pilot was when Constance tries to run them down with the Impala, and instead of being freaked out by the ghost-driven car, Dean is just pissed: "That Constance chick! What a BITCH!" Ha, loved it! It was an early step in my falling in love with Dean. Like his disgusted reaction to finding the mummified corpse in a cupboard in Asylum -- "Oh, that's just gross" -- or telling the creepy Scarecrow, "Dude, you fugly!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2020/11/18/jensen-ackles-and-jared-padalecki-join-peoples-sexiest-men-edition-for-2020/

If this is correct... hensen is top t. Hunk and both are listed however rankings were not given.

I don't understand.

Fans can rejoice, because Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki have (finally) been featured this year as part of “Sexiest Small-Screen Star.” According to People, Ackles was voted “top TV hunk” in this category up against his co-star Padalecki, James Marsden (Dead to Me), William Jackson Harper (The Good Place), and Jovan Adepo (Watchmen).

The rankings are, Jensen won and the others were nominated, lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2