Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Raja said:

Yet the Wakandan army gave away the advantage of their high tech phalanx when they made the stupidest charge in history since the Light Brigade when they wanted the enemy to attack their strong point instead of flanking them. I'm sorry my king, maybe you should have allowed the Captain to command that battle.

This is partly why I want to see it again, to understand the Wakanda battle better.  Sincere question, what do you think T'Challa should have done differently?

Maybe I'm cynical but after seeing it in Friday, I looked at my friend and said "yeah, most of those deaths won't hold". Not sure how they'll get around it, but I just dont see many of these lasting. I mean how many have died in the actual comic books? How many are still dead? Hiwever Bucky can stay gone. He's always irritated me. (I know, I'm extremely alone on that island. )

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Dee said:

But not really though, because the aforementioned super soldier also happens to be a white male, and the immense discrepancy between white characters & characters of color, in virtually every fandom is overwhelming. If Sam was white there would be incessant debates/fights/arguments over who was the better match for Steve, ala Angel/Buffy/Spike or Dawson/Joey/Pacey or Brenda/Dylan/Kelly, etc.

It's a fair point but I'm not going to weep over the loss of a fucking fandom triangle fight. Those are hideous and ugly and I am too old for that shit. It's bad enough that Sharon gets roasted in certain parts of the fandom because she dares to be a woman 'in the way' of the two pretty white boys fucking. I get it. I really do. All that being said, Steve may have given Sam some 'interested eyes' there on the Mall but Sam hasn't full on come at with me with a 'I am down with that for real' vibe in return. Like, the argument I always see about two guys being paired up by various fandoms 'why can't they just be close guy friends?' I guess that's just how I've always seen Sam's interactions with Steve.

Sam really loves Steve and admires him, that's obvious. He's impressed with his ability to come up with heartfelt speeches about loyalty and the price of freedom on the fly. At the same time, Sam has always struck me as the most together of this motley crew. He's a counselor and I've often felt that was how he was able to reach out to Steve, not just as a veteran but as a man working at the VA to help others transition to civilian life and recognizing immediately that Steve hadn't done that. 

Meanwhile, Steve and Bucky come from a place where they were constantly tactile with each other (not that this was unusual in the 30s and 40s) -- look at those hardcore shoulder squeezes! Look at the way Bucky says Steve's name when he finds him on the table in First Avenger. Look at the way Steve's eyes travel all over Bucky's body when he finds him (sure, looking for injuries, whatevs.) Or that extremely heterosexual 'But you're keeping the outfit right?' Bucky lays on him at the pub.

And, also, you know... as much as Sam may love Steve, I think he's way too smart to get dragged into Steve's trauma and dysfunction any more than he already is. It's why I'm so glad Natasha is there with them. She and Sam probably go off to do spa days together when Steve gets too broody and mulish because Sam understands self-care and he needs it in this world! ("Jesus, Steve, go visit Bucky on his goat farm for a few days. Nat and I are going to do the Mediterranean Spa experience this weekend.") But that's just me. And, seriously, NO TRIANGLES! I am allergic to them!

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

This is partly why I want to see it again, to understand the Wakanda battle better.  Sincere question, what do you think T'Challa should have done differently?

Have you seen Zulu with the cut off British force at Rourke's Drift? It was a similar situation. The Lieutenant in command there knew he was going to open a portion of the wall to get the enemy to funnel there. With wakandan tech you get War Machine and Falcon to shift their fire to another zone and build an interior wall behind the dome breach point made out of vibranium shields of the Wakandan soldiers, instead of Spartans with bronze shields, phalanx. Then you lower the wall, make that open a hole in the dome..... With the hole there even if everybody knows it is possible a trap you still have breached the wall/dome and the forces will flow there as the king wanted.

Sure that takes a lot of screen time and have the bugler blow the charge is much easier to do time wise. But they keep showing the formation setting their shield wall while the doom held with little sniping covering the obstacle while War Machine did his thing. The infantry was prehistoric tactics of every man for himself melee.

• Love 2

It really was like seeing one of those annual company-wide crossover events from either Marvel or DC on the big screen. It was epic in scope but still had some nice personal moments IMO like the best of those crossovers.

I knew for months that this was really "part 1" before they re-titled it so I expected Thanos to win and didn't have the "WTF?!" reaction at the end like a lot of people in the audience. Yeah, they're probably going to undo most of the deaths but I do want to know how they're going to beat someone who's a virtual god in Part 2/

• Love 3
(edited)

I've been thinking about who the MVPs of the movie are. My Power Rankings are as follows. Note this is only for this singular film. MCU-wide would definitely vary.

1. Thanos - It's definitely his movie first and foremost, which I think is a bold choice, but an absolutely necessary one. I only wish we had a little more understanding of Titan before it's own wrath, but I think that may come.
  2. Gamora - Her time in the movie is brief (respect) but she does a whole lot in that time. She gets the necessary exposition out quickly, ushers along Thanos' character development, and underlines Peters motivation, all while giving an absolutely command performance.
  3. Thor - He was really a 2a/b situation with Gamora, trading impact vs presence. Nothing got a bigger cheer in my theatre than when Thor showed up in Wakanda. There was a visceral sense of relief when that happened (with only more trouble to come. The cracks in his confident shell were captivating and he got to interact with a good number of other characters. I'm glad Thor got to headline this Avengers Project, while being more "along for the ride" previously.
  4. Dr. Strange - He's the one who seems to have all of this tied together. Besides Thanos he's the only one who truly understands how to best wield his Infinity Stone (Vision in Civil War, touching the Mind Stone, "I don't know what this is") and he's pragmatic directing a lot of Traffic.
  5. Tony Stark - Contractually obligated to lead a lot of this? Probably, but his natural ability to dissect situations and respond advances a lot of the plot on Titan, and the empathy continues to grow inside him.
  6. Ebony Maw - The only one of the Black Order who gets much development (Give me more Carrie Coon!) He put Tony and Strange through the paces, unfortuante he had to go so early in my opinion.

Honorable Mention - Midtown High Bus Driver Stan Lee "Haven't you kids seen a space-ship before?" That's almost as good a self-depricating meta-observation as Negasonic Teenage Warhead's "Which benefits [of being an X-man]? [...] The house that blows up every few years"

Edited by Traveller519
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Sakura12 said:

I'll guess I'm the unpopular opinion in not seeing anything romantic between Steve and Bucky. I'm not opposed to them, I just don't see what others are seeing. I see two really good friends that have been through a lot together. To me they are brothers. I do like that Steve has his loyal group of Bucky, Sam and Nat. 

I don't know if it is unpopular but that sort of thing has been going on since Kirk/Spock in my lifetime when the general culture was much less accepting of same sex sexual relationships.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Traveller519 said:

3. Thor - He was really a 2a/b situation with Gamora, trading impact vs presence. Nothing got a bigger cheer in my theatre than when Thor showed up in Wakanda. There was a visceral sense of relief when that happened (with only more trouble to come. The cracks in his confident shell were captivating and he got to interact with a good number of other characters. I'm glad Thor got to headline this Avengers Project, while being more "along for the ride" previously.

I wonder if this is kind of a make up for him being left out of Civil War, and I'm not even sure if I mean the character or the actor.  Bruce/Hulk wouldn't have cared either way.  

• Love 4
(edited)

It's a fair point but I'm not going to weep over the loss of a fucking fandom triangle fight. Those are hideous and ugly and I am too old for that shit. It's bad enough that Sharon gets roasted in certain parts of the fandom because she dares to be a woman 'in the way' of the two pretty white boys fucking. I get it. I really do.

Oh, believe me, I'm not weeping over the loss of it either.  However, the point wasn't about desiring of fandom fights, but the inevitability of them, like in all fandoms, if all parties involved were on "even" ground.

And, you know as well as I do, that it's not just Sharon who gets roasted by certain parts of the fandom. It's anyone who dares deviate from 'the two cute white boys in love' scenario, including the actors themselves.

Sebastian has unintentionally drawn the ire of tons of fans, for years, who loathe him constantly pressing the WinterWidow pairing, and I can't tell you how many fans I've seen be harassed just because they express their feelings that Bucky doesn't need to be the next Cap, or would be better off remaining in Wakanda for the foreseeable future.

All that being said, Steve may have given Sam some 'interested eyes' there on the Mall but Sam hasn't full on come at with me with a 'I am down with that for real' vibe in return. Like, the argument I always see about two guys being paired up by various fandoms 'why can't they just be close guy friends?' I guess that's just how I've always seen Sam's interactions with Steve.

See, I've always seen Sam as being very open & interested with Steve. They're literally giving each other heart eyes on the mall & Sam is happily cooking Steve brunch after giving him and Natasha refuge. And let's not even discuss the missing time between Steve's initial visit to the VA or how Steve just conveniently knew where Sam lived after a couple of meetings.

And let's not act like actors of color aren't suddenly rendered 'asexual' by fandom when they run the risk of upsetting the applecart re: two white characters in love. Characters of color are always good enough to be platonic friends (the 'Good Bro' & 'BROTP' trends need to go ASAP), but never good enough (outside of a small cadre of fans, usually women of color) to be treated as romantically viable in fandom.

Sam really loves Steve and admires him, that's obvious. He's impressed with his ability to come up with heartfelt speeches about loyalty and the price of freedom on the fly. At the same time, Sam has always struck me as the most together of this motley crew. He's a counselor and I've often felt that was how he was able to reach out to Steve, not just as a veteran but as a man working at the VA to help others transition to civilian life and recognizing immediately that Steve hadn't done that. 

Except Sam is not really that much more together than Steve. He's acclimated to civilian life but he's clearly haunted and troubled by his service and the loss of his best friend. And just because he counsels other vets doesn't mean he's fully healed. He's functional, but he's got just as much baggage as Steve. He was literally willing to return to war, thus upending his entire life, to help two people he'd just met, take down an uber powerful government agency with a pair of infrared goggles and a pilfered jetpack. Like, who does that? A guy who is head over heels in love, that's who.

Meanwhile, Steve and Bucky come from a place where they were constantly tactile with each other (not that this was unusual in the 30s and 40s) -- look at those hardcore shoulder squeezes! Look at the way Bucky says Steve's name when he finds him on the table in First Avenger. Look at the way Steve's eyes travel all over Bucky's body when he finds him (sure, looking for injuries, whatevs.) Or that extremely heterosexual 'But you're keeping the outfit right?' Bucky lays on him at the pub.

Except that's who they were in the past. Steve has never even attempted to reconcile Bucky's current iteration, beyond pressuring him to be who he needs him to be, which is as much a byproduct of Peggy's delicate condition, as it is about Steve truly wanting his other best friend back imo. If we're going to make those type of comparisons, we can discuss how Steve is almost immediately relaxed whenever he's in Sam's presence vs. how tightly wound he is around nearly everyone else in his life. He has the utmost belief in Sam's abilities from the get go, from trusting Sam not only to catch him, literally, when he falls, to accepting his help rescuing millions of innocent civilians. He & Sam also begin dressing a like as early as Ultron, and are virtually of one mind by the time Civil War rolls around. Seriously, by Civil War, Sam & Steve are all up in each others space with lingering glances and warm reassurances.

And, also, you know... as much as Sam may love Steve, I think he's way too smart to get dragged into Steve's trauma and dysfunction any more than he already is.

See, that's not true.

While Sam is very pragmatic and quite willing to speak his own mind, there is virtually nothing that he wouldn't do for Steve. This is a dude who told Steve he didn't know if Bucky was worth saving, only to immediately help Steve fight him off and then went looking for him in the aftermath. This is a dude who chased a malfunctioning assassin for the better part of two years as Steve led the Avengers. This is a dude who valiantly fought alongside the same malfunctioning assassin (who had tried to murder him multiple times) and volunteered himself and the rest of their team up as sacrificial lambs so that Steve could prove Bucky's innocence. This is a dude who spent several years on the run as a war criminal confiscating alien tech with Steve (and Natasha) instead of attempting to clear his name and reclaim his old life.

And Sam is more inclined to stick with Steve than post-Winter Soldier era Bucky. Bucky was, relatively, fine in Bucharest and is quite content lately residing in Wakanda. He fights because it's an inevitability, Steve & Sam fight because it's their duty.

Natasha is an interesting case. Prior to the events of Winter Soldier, she would've been perfectly fine making her own way. But in the aftermath of the debacle that was Civil War, she recommits herself to 'doing good,' part of which means leaning into her existing bonds instead of running away from them (much like Bucky).

Edited by Dee
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'll guess I'm the unpopular opinion in not seeing anything romantic between Steve and Bucky. I'm not opposed to them, I just don't see what others are seeing. I see two really good friends that have been through a lot together. To me they are brothers. I do like that Steve has his loyal group of Bucky, Sam and Nat. 

Is that unpopular?  Because I'm right there with you. I never saw anything romantic or sexual between Steve/Bucky...they're brothers or Steve/Sam (Besties!).

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is that unpopular?  Because I'm right there with you. I never saw anything romantic or sexual between Steve/Bucky...they're brothers or Steve/Sam (Besties!).

I'm there as well.  The only romantic connection I saw with Steve was Peggy.  I don't see anything romantic with him and Bucky, Sam, Sharon or Nat.   It wouldn't bug me to see him with Bucky, Sam or Sharon, I just don't feel it.  If he were paired romantically with Nat, it would bug me because I really like their friendship/workship and it's rare to see a M/F partnership that works and not have it be a romance.

• Love 17

I can't recall, but prior to his more comic turn in Thor: Ragnarok, was Bruce always so goofy? He seemed really, really goofy and I didn't particularly care for it, but it's been a while since I'd seen him prior to the latest Thor, so maybe he's always been that way?

Thor, by the way, continued his streak. He even stole the parts of the movie where he was unconscious. I do kind of miss his eye patch look, though. It worked for him.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, afterbite said:

I do kind of miss his eye patch look, though. It worked for him.

He should have washed his new eye before popping it in :)

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Not unpopular with me! I've never seen anything in the MCU to indicate any romance between them. They're brothers. It's kinda annoying when Stucky shippers treat it like it's fact. But that is how shippers talk and it's harmless fun, so it doesn't matter. The jokes about Steve's boyfriends are funny, though.

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, afterbite said:

I can't recall, but prior to his more comic turn in Thor: Ragnarok, was Bruce always so goofy? He seemed really, really goofy and I didn't particularly care for it, but it's been a while since I'd seen him prior to the latest Thor, so maybe he's always been that way?

Not at all and to be honest it's kind of annoying me and making me not like Bruce. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, starri said:

I just now realized that one of the major team-ups was between Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes.  

I'm slow.

You're slow?! I had to think about who the other Holmes was...took me a minute to remember RDJ in the Guy Ritchie movies ?

(edited)
11 hours ago, raven said:

He should have washed his new eye before popping it in :)

I thought the same thing!

11 hours ago, starri said:

I just now realized that one of the major team-ups was between Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes.  

I'm slow.

They missed a "no shit, Sherlock" moment. Or maybe that would have been too cringe worthy?

10 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Not at all and to be honest it's kind of annoying me and making me not like Bruce. 

It was bothering me a little, but we've never seen him in panic mode, nor have we ever seen Bruce in fight mode. He's always been the hulk during fights, so a bumbling fish out of water scenario fits during the battle scenes.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 5

So apparently Joe Russo did a Q&A today, and confirmed that Valkyrie is alive, there are Asgardian refugees who escaped via pods, and that Tom Holland ad-libbed his death scene.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Dee said:

So apparently Joe Russo did a Q&A today, and confirmed that Valkyrie is alive, there are Asgardian refugees who escaped via pods, and that Tom Holland ad-libbed his death scene.

Do you have any sort of link? I'd love to see that video, if there is one.

4 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

I wonder if this is kind of a make up for him being left out of Civil War

Back on the Civil War thread, I expressed my desire for Thor to show up at the end, in the Avengers version of that Community scene when Troy comes back from getting pizza and everyone’s fighting and the room’s on fire. A sort of, “I can’t leave you alone for five minutes” reaction. While the setup didn’t give Thor a moment to realize that, like the Beatles, the band had broken up, his absolutely rocking entrance (which should have been to a thunderous rock song even if it couldn’t be Immigrant Song) was so amazing I can’t be even be mad. Also, he needs to put a “who so ever be worthy” enchantment on Stormbreaker ASAP, so one, Thanos can’t pick it up because that would be even worse than what’s already happened, and two, when someone on the side of good inevitably has to use it, we can all know the hammer ax has judged them worthy. 

39 minutes ago, Dee said:

My first reaction is “yay” followed by sadness that half of those survivors were probably turned to dust. It’s been a rough what, week, for the Asgardians. 

Speaking of Spidey’s death, someone elsewhere pointed out that the reason he didn’t “feel so well, Mr. Stark” and seemed to be more aware than the others before he disappeared was because his Spidey senses were going haywire sensing the extreme and inescapable danger he was in. At first I thought he took longer because they used dramatic license to ensure maximum sadness for both Tony and the viewers, but that explanation makes it even sadder. And Tony’s going to have such guilt for this dust victim in particular even though he probably would have disappeared while sitting safely at school anyway. 

57 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I thought the same thing!

They missed a "no shit, Sherlock" moment. 

When Strange told Tony, “we’re in the endgame,” I thought to myself, “the game is afoot.” I wonder if Everett Ross survived.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

seemed to be more aware than the others before he disappeared was because his Spidey senses were going haywire sensing the extreme and inescapable danger he was in. At first I thought he took longer because they used dramatic license to ensure maximum sadness for both Tony and the viewers, but that explanation makes it even sadder.

I could see that, giving him just a bit more warning and maybe awareness than anyone else.  It seemed like they were being pulled somewhere as their essence sort of unraveled (similar to how Red Skull was relocated by the tesseract), so I could definitely see him maybe feeling that physical pull and being able to fight it (by grabbing onto Tony... SOB) just a little bit longer.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

BWAHAHA.  Or at the very least, will someone please loan Karen some Lawry's and paprika?

I too loved the Wakanda scenes except seeing the total decimation of the beautiful landscape---I see you Marvel with your pointed symbolism.

M'Baku!  T'Challa and he are "brothers.". Wakanda Forever!

For Bast's sake...no raisins either, Karen!  Hee.

I love coming here.  I forgot for my appreciation for Gammora, so I thank you for reminding me.  

I also love what a breakout M'Baku (and Winston!) are!  I can't wait to see him and T'Challa in BP2 talk a bit more.  

My 2 cents:  I think the chemistry between Bucky and Steve is is palpable, but I see it as brotherly love.  

• Love 5
On 4/29/2018 at 11:34 AM, jcin617 said:

I’m not sure I follow Thanos’s long-term plan though.  Earth would repopulate the lost 50% in relatively short order; it only took about 40 years to go from 3.5 to 7 billion.  I imagine other worlds would be no different?  Then what?  

He'll have to keep culling the population every so often. Just like trimming hedges!

On 4/29/2018 at 12:02 PM, Shannon L. said:

My husband wanted to know why they didn't cut of his arm.

Did you see the size of his arm? I don't blame them for thinking yanking the gauntlet off would be faster. Too bad they didn't realize they're in a movie so yanking it off would still take forever in order to build suspense!

23 hours ago, InsertWordHere said:

Would Gamora’s planet and other planets Thanos had already “fixed” by culling half the population be further halved or were they exempt? 

And (gasp!) did Howard the Duck survive Thanos’ trip to Knowhere? 

That first question raises these other questions: did Thanos somehow choose who would turn into dust? Or did he make it completely random?

I vaguely remember Howard the Duck chilling on that snowy planet full of bars and women where Yondu was early on in GotG2. Was that supposed to be in Knowhere or some other place? In any case, he probably hadn't been with the Collector in a while.

• Love 1

It took all Iron-Man had to make Thanos bleed, Batman knew that feeling with Superman. But just a moral victory was gonna cut it, and his upgraded armor with Spider-Man strength helping wasn't gonna take that arm even if they spent time showing an attempt 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Bec said:

That first question raises these other questions: did Thanos somehow choose who would turn into dust? Or did he make it completely random?

I vaguely remember Howard the Duck chilling on that snowy planet full of bars and women where Yondu was early on in GotG2. Was that supposed to be in Knowhere or some other place? In any case, he probably hadn't been with the Collector in a while.

Ah, I had forgotten about Howard the Duck’s appearance in Guardians 2. You’re right, he’s off Knowhere. Doesn’t mean he survived the culling though. 

As for the first question, I believe Thanos desired it to be random, as his solution to his original planet’s over population was to randomly kill half, rich or poor, young or old, but would the Gauntlet somehow know which planets he had already done this to? Is it half from each planet/system or is it just straight up half of the universe, no matter if it’s 78% of the population of one planet and 40% of another. 

(edited)

I know people dislike the Bruce/Natasha thing from Age of Ultron but I liked the moment  of them seeing each other again. Natasha obviously still feels affection for him but Bruce is like "Uh I/Hulk left for a reason" and after a pause Sam's line "This is awkward."

Also I didn't really notice until a rewatch that Elizabeth Olsen ditched the faux Eastern European accent she had had for Wanda! Not as jarring when Halle Berry losing her African accent for X-Men 2!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 10
(edited)

I felt a bit disappointed after watching the movie because for some reason, I had thought this was the end of the infinity stones saga and some actors would leave the series -and so, their characters would die for good. So when I realised it wasn't the case, I felt a bit cheated. But now, one day later, I must admit it's a cool movie. They did a great job handling so many characters and creating new dynamics between them. I never thought Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy could work so well!

To me, Thor was the MVP. I also loved Dr. Strange, Drax, Steve and Tony. Nat is usually one of my favourites -and she deserves her own movie-, but this time she didn't have much to do. 

I agree that Dr. Strange gave Thanos the stone because it was part of his plan, their only chance to win. I also think that the soul Thanos gave in exchange for the stone wasn't  actually Gamora's, but his. You know, murdering someone you really love in order to carry out your crazy plan turns your heart/soul totally black (that's what OUAT taught me, anyway, and that's what Kylo Ren thought it was going to happen to him after killing his dad). This might be relevant later, I don't know. Maybe there's still hope for Gamora and she's alive. She's survived to worse things than a fall.

Edited by Helena Dax
  • Love 7

Went a second time and took my mother along, and she was basically Bruce through the whole movie: "Why isn't Steve with them? There's an Antman AND  a Spiderman?" And mind you, she's seen the movies. Everyone else was walking out talking comics vs movie and death speculations, and she just wanted to know if Hulka Hulka Burnin' Fudge was real. Ah, to view the MCU through the eyes of a non-obsessive viewer.

On a more serious note, my lips got just as trembly the second time around during the mass dusting and I think I finally figured out why. I knew going in the many people would probably "die" and that because of the infinity stones, most of those deaths will be reversed. Pretty much every scifi series ever has done an "everyone dies" or similar alt-timeline storyline and usually reversed it by the end of the episode, so I was expecting to be completely immune to it. But it wasn't really the dustings that got to me, it was the others' reactions. Each loss felt individual and earned, and it was happening to all of them at once. And that was the kicker for me. Mixing up the cast was fun but it never fully felt like an Avengers movie until our original team, spread across space, were sharing the same loss and fear. And knowing that they would all band together (hopefully in the same location) to fix it.

• Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I know people dislike the Bruce/Natasha thing from Age of Ultron

Not everyone!!  In-canon, I really like them too.  In Ultron, I think they just suffered from Joss's 90's era faux feminist storytelling, but as they've evolved, I like their connection a lot. 

5 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

but I liked the moment  of them seeing each other again. Natasha obviously still feels affection for him but Bruce is like "Uh I/Hulk left for a reason" and after a pause Sam's line "This is awkward."

I was disappoint that there was just basically two seconds of it in this (more of the 'feast from crumbs' situation... grumble).  But I loved Sam's "awkward" as they stared googly eyes at each other (especially since Sam/Nat is my preferred out-of-canon pairing for them, and I think a big missed opportunity for an interesting relationship in-canon, especially after Winter Soldier).  I suspect we'll get a lot more of Bruce and Nat in A4.  

Has anyone seen where the rumor that A4 is supposed to start 5 years later started from?  Was it another Q&A?

7 minutes ago, coppersin said:

But it wasn't really the dustings that got to me, it was the others' reactions. Each loss felt individual and earned, and it was happening to all of them at once. And that was the kicker for me.

THIS!!  This was me too on second viewing.  SO MUCH HARDER!! 

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 4

I believe the rumor of a time skip is coming from the casting of a 16 year old actress to play Cassie Lang. Currently Cassie is about 9, if they have cast a sixteen-year-old then obviously some time will have passed unless they are doing timey-wimey things that include going into the future. Honestly, I'm really hoping we're not going to see much of a time jump for A4 just because I don't think it will have the emotional resonance the same way picking up within the next few days would be.

• Love 3

Ah, thank you... yeah, I agree.  I think the biggest thing I dislike about time jump plot lines is that people end up losing their history, losing the part of themselves that is about their experiences.  I really, really detest that, so I am very ambivalent about the time stuff, unless they do it in such a way that everyone still remembers.  And from what I've been reading about the Soulworld, it's a pretty boring place, so I hope they have something else in mind for where everybody went.  

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Ah, thank you... yeah, I agree.  I think the biggest thing I dislike about time jump plot lines is that people end up losing their history, losing the part of themselves that is about their experiences.  I really, really detest that, so I am very ambivalent about the time stuff, unless they do it in such a way that everyone still remembers.  And from what I've been reading about the Soulworld, it's a pretty boring place, so I hope they have something else in mind for where everybody went.  

Perhaps, T'Challa is with the Panther Goddess, Bast.  As the Black Panther, he has a direct link to her. I doubt the writers of  Avengers: infinity would even know that bit of his history.  Ryan Coogler would know that.  I am pissed about his death.  It felt like a slap in the face and a kick in the gut.  I was surprised on how it affected me so deeply.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Perhaps, T'Challa is with the Panther Goddess, Bast. 

I think that could be true if they all actually died, but I am still working from the hypothesis that those that 'dusted' were just pulled somewhere else, so I don't think they're actually dead.  But yes, my first thing was to be pissed that most of my important pairings have been separated, and there's just no way to know how they'll be used in A4, or if we just get them back for the 'finale' scene.  UGH!!!!!!  

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

I think that could be true if they all actually died, but I am still working from the hypothesis that those that 'dusted' were just pulled somewhere else, so I don't think they're actually dead.  But yes, my first thing was to be pissed that most of my important pairings have been separated, and there's just no way to know how they'll be used in A4, or if we just get them back for the 'finale' scene.  UGH!!!!!!  

If T'Challa is not dead, then, he is with Bast.  If he is truly dead, then, he would be with his father and the past Black Panthers.

I am hoping that there will be reshoots for the Avengers movie coming out next year.  I have a feeling that the writers had no idea that Black Panther was going to be such a phenomenon.  Bucky and T'Challa have so much stories left to tell.  I want to see T'challa, as king, and having adventures.   Personally, I want Bucky to take on the mantle of White wolf, with his own white vibranium suit, created, by Shuri, that leads to his own spinoff series.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm okay with the time jump to see how the characters that are left dealt with what happened. And also because I'm figuring they will go back to the time they were dusted and we'll start over again with all the characters prior to that. Then whatever happened in the time jump will be erased. 

None of them are dead, they disappeared. The only ones that died are Loki, Hiemdall and Gamora. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

If T'Challa is not dead, then, he is with Bast. 

If he were pulled somewhere else, into a pocket universe or something, via the power of an Infinity Stone, how would that work, though?  How could Bast intercept that?  And would she, if he's not actually dead?

And now I'm suddenly really interested in where Janet Van Dyne has been all this time... 

33 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Bucky and T'Challa have so much stories left to tell.  I want to see T'challa, as king, and having adventures.   Personally, I want Bucky to take on the mantle of White wolf, with his own white vibranium suit, created, by Shuri, that leads to his own spinoff series.

Me too!!!  There were some promo shots done of Chadwick, Letitia and Sebastian and they all look so... regal!  

28 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Then whatever happened in the time jump will be erased. 

That's the part that bothers me.  A lot.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

That's the part that bothers me.  A lot.  

That's comics for you. It'll give them a chance to explore different pairings and friendships then revert it back to the original timeline. I think only the person who uses the time stone will be the one to remember the alternate time line. Everyone else will reappear not knowing what happened. 

Dr. Strange probably already saw all this so he might know what happened when he comes back as well. 

I think that we will get deaths that will stick in A4. I'm also going with it being either Tony or Steve. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

That's comics for you.

The movies are a slightly different thing, though.  But we'll see... as I said, it depends on exactly how they handle it.

3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I think that we will get deaths that will stick in A4. I'm also going with it being either Tony or Steve. 

No one ever truly dies in a superhero universe.  ;-)  Though there obviously will be actors we won't see on screen any more.  

Tony and Pepper are going to get married and have that kid, and Steve is going to retire and go hang out with Bucky in Wakanda, rocking on the porch, overlooking the beautiful sunset.  

• Love 4