Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Thanksgiving

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, quarks said:

5. And can an attorney hide the evidence that they'll be using for the case from the defense? Law and Order taught me that was illegal!

2. While I'm on that topic, Arrow, can't you at least try to find another warehouse?  We have seen that one staircase leading down to the warehouse at least four times this season so far on this show alone.  You paid for Billy Joel archival footage, but not for a different warehouse?

5. It would be amazing if the DA did this on purpose so Jean can later declare a mistrial due to lack of disclosure. 

2. I knew that would make you crazy, hee.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, quarks said:

4. Though, that said, why is a city attorney prosecuting an FBI case? Shouldn't a federal attorney be handling that?

5. And can an attorney hide the evidence that they'll be using for the case from the defense? Law and Order taught me that was illegal!

No, a local DA absolutely could not prosecute Oliver’s case, unless the county brought state charges against Oliver in a separate proceeding in state court. I was so impressed that the seal behind the judge in the courtroom correctly identified the court as a United States District Court and then they had that boneheaded line about the FBI handing the case off to the DA. The FBI has no ability to hand anything off to anyone, because the case would have been in the U.S Attorney’s hands by that point. More importantly, a federal case would never be handed to a state or local attorney to try. I’m just gonna assume Guggenheim slept through all his first year law classes. 

As for the evidence, yes and no.  The government would have to disclose its evidence to Oliver’s attorney prior to trial, but not necessarily at or prior to the arraignment. However, prior to trial Oliver can request a probable cause hearing, which is an evidentiary hearing that essentially requires the government to divulge all the evidence on which it based its decision to arrest and file charges against Oliver. If the judge determines the evidence is weak or illegally obtained, it could dismiss some or all of the charges against him. 

I giggled at Oliver telling William that it’s “Mr. Diggle.” My parents always demanded that we show respect to adults by addressing them as Mr./Mrs./Ms., etc. Even now that I’m a grown adult, there are so many adults that I still address that way because it feels wrong to call them by their first names. I have to imagine William will eventually get to the Uncle John stage, though. Looking forward to it. 

• Love 10

Also, I can't believe they took someone we thought was gonna be Felicity's nemesis and linked him to Oliver instead. I forgot she has to share everything with a man and everything has to be connected to Oliver somehow. ? 

• Love 11

"Ollie, hey." "Speedy! Oh my God, it's so good to see you! A lot has happened since May!" "I can imagine. Does my name come before Felicity in the credits, even though I've spent the last whatever in this bed?" "You know, I was going to look into that."

Meh episode. Oliver gets arrested, the team gets clowned, Katie vamps as Evil Laurel (she is good at that), there's some angst followed by understanding, etc. Only difference is that this was at Thanksgiving.  The five days covering Thanksgiving and the special election? Maybe it was the day after? Don't ask me how that works. Also don't ask why Channel 52 seems to be the top local news station. Because Dan Didio's playing card fetish, I guess.

At least everything is prepared for next week. Is Diggle taking that week off? I can imagine Cisco and Curtis giving him a one-week-only super-drug. Bright side is that we got to see David Ramsey's right to bare arms. I don't considering myself leaning in a certain direction, but I totally get the appeal.

"Hossette." I like. Rene is growing on us, isn't he?

ETA: What Billy Joel song encapsulates the series? I'm not a big fan (sorry, Rene), so I'm thinking "Big Shot," which is about the hangover following huge mistakes. Or maybe that suits The Flash more.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hiveminder said:

At this point, everyone has a son/father/male relative who Oliver killed. I’m particularly excited for the storyline where Raisa turns on him and reveals that it’s because of the time Oliver killed her brother’s nephew’s son by unknowingly giving him a food he was allergic to when he was eight years old.

The sad thing is, I would actually accept some odd vendetta plot from Raisa as it would explain, in story, why she disappeared after the pilot.  Did Moira discover the plot and cut her out and lock her down as only Moira Queen could?  I'm here for Raisa the Bratva ninja, is what I'm saying.  Especially when she kidnaps William to "save him from growing up like his father."

I dislike the team (and especially Lance) calling Black Siren, "Laurel." And equating her to the Vigilante situation. I'd make my peace with it if they gave us any indication about what happened on Earth 2 that made Black Siren such a homicidal shriek-freak. Unless they are going to make her a kin to Killer Frost and actually link a personality shift to the meta-powers, which would then mean that only females close to the superheroes can't handle the power. Ugh.

I can't believe it, but I'm basically loving the William story right now. I'm imagining him bonding with Oliver over cooking right now.

I don't blame Curtis for being mad about the company name, because I was mad about the company name, too.  But these are the things you talk about with your partner, m'kay?

Was anyone else irritated when super-smart Cayden James tells Black Siren not to scream because some of the chemicals are highly "reactive"? I'm pretty sure the right term would be "unstable" or "volatile." Those mean that sudden changes, such as vibrations may set them off.  "Reactive" would mean that they respond quickly when combined, which her scream should do unless she shatters glass, and they are oddly stored so that they can pool and mix.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also, I can't believe they took someone we thought was gonna be Felicity's nemesis and linked him to Oliver instead. I forgot she has to share everything with a man and everything has to be connected to Oliver somehow. ? 

Think of it this way, at least now Oliver/Felicity will likely be working together to take this man down. It's much better than her doing it on her own or asking the newbies for help. Just like how Diggle was stuck with Dinah for his arc, Felicity will need someone for hers and I'd prefer it to be Oliver (total power couple :'))

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Talking to Oliver, Diggle mentioned the alien delusion from last year and how it showed their perfect lives. And his perfect life was being GA. 

It's bullshit basically. 

Well, that's crap. Although not unexpected from these crappy writers. They don't seem to understand or remember what's going on in their damn show. 

OK, so this Thanksgiving episode ... not exactly bad, just ... blah.

The writing for Watson is so one-note. Just angry black woman. And I hate the writers for it. They're really not giving Sydelle anything to work with. 

Felicity using her angel investor money to bail out Oliver is gonna bite her in the ass, isn't it? 

Felicity thinks Tinah should be calling the shots out in the field in the absence of Diggle and Oliver? I don't disagree but I still say bullshit just because. 

Speaking of Tinah, what's up with the soft voice and long looks during her convo with Oliver? There was nothing on Oliver's end but she looked like she was trying to seduce the damn bars. JH also has this thing where her eyes go unfocused when she's talking to somebody right in front her, like when she was talking to Quentin. Made me want to pass a hand in front of her face.

Curtis, go the fuck away. I'm not wishing you dead (yet) but go away, find Paul, go barrier reef diving again. Just stay away from Felicity's skills and story line. I do appreciate that the writers are having him go he can't do stuff without Felicity. But again, it just makes him utterly and profoundly useless.

Hi Thea! Your brother says he needs you, for what exactly I'm not sure anymore. At this point I feel like they could drop Willa from the show, have Thea leave with Roy, and nothing will really change.

Still find ME scary but the whole son thing is just boring. 

I felt cheated out of this shot ...

8.jpg

• Love 8
Just now, WindofChange said:

Think of it this way, at least now Oliver/Felicity will likely be working together to take this man down. It's much better than her doing it on her own or asking the newbies for help. Just like how Diggle was stuck with Dinah for his arc, Felicity will need someone for hers and I'd prefer it to be Oliver (total power couple :'))

True. But I just figured they'd work together anyway because Cayden targeting Felicity would naturally have an affect on Oliver because she's his wife. IDK why they had to bring in some random son.

But I'm always here for them being all power couple! ?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Speaking of Tinah, what's up with the soft voice and long looks during her convo with Oliver? There was nothing on Oliver's end but she looked like she was trying to seduce the damn bars. JH also has this thing where her eyes go unfocused when she's talking to somebody right in front her, like when she was talking to Quentin. Made me want to pass a hand in front of her face.

Strangely enough, I didn't get anything from JH in that scene with Oliver tbh. I'm hyper aware of it usually because she tries too hard in all of those type of scenes but it was just a quiet scene, IMO. I definitely didn't see long looks but YMMV of course. 

I think I spent a good majority of this episode yelling "Shut up, shut up, shut uuuuuup!" at the screen. Every scene with Agent Watson and Curtis and BS. Seriously, what is wrong with Agent Watson? She's as cartoony one-dimensional antagonist as BS.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

I can't believe it, but I'm basically loving the William story right now. I'm imagining him bonding with Oliver over cooking right now.

That's a fanfic waiting to be written.

It's nice that they're bonding over cooking instead of the more obvious sports or gaming (William's got Felicity for that).

• Love 4

Does anyone remember a show on Fox from a couple years ago about a police department in the future where the cops were partnered with robots that are trying to act like humans? JH would have been perfect for that show.

Oh for goodness sake! Another son!?!?! We are running out of pronouns! I feel personally targeted. 

Yeah, this scene bugged me, this one and the one before where they were going to book him in.  The way she was acting didn't fit.  It wasn't about her but those scenes were filmed from her perspective so it made it about her more than Oliver.  Didn't need to know it was hard for her to have to book him or that she was ready to break him out if that was what he wanted.  Or at least if they felt they had to have that scene with her, she shouldn't have come off so emotional about it.  Because I don't buy that she would be that emotional about it.  They don't have that kind of relationship.  And then after those scenes, there was no call back to anything between them, which was fine with me but made those earlier scenes all the more disjointed.   

25 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Does anyone remember a show on Fox from a couple years ago about a police department in the future where the cops were partnered with robots that are trying to act like humans? JH would have been perfect for that show.

Oh for goodness sake! Another son!?!?! We are running out of pronouns! I feel personally targeted. 

I really liked Almost Human.  It was just really finding it's groove but nope, they pulled the plug.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Haven't watched the episode yet (stupid life) but this is me:

I love how much this image reminds me of the last panels of this cartoon.  

On 11/17/2017 at 4:44 PM, bijoux said:

IMG_0250.JPG

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

This season has a problem with the constant start/stop with the storylines. I feel like Cayden James is definitely the big bad and did we ever figure out why they got the T-Spheres?

Cayden actually seemed to be using one of the T-Spheres when he was talking to Oliver. It seemed to block Oliver's arrow and then he threw it at him just before BS came in. I'm guessing there's still a larger purpose for them that we don't know about but at least we've seen him use them. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Cayden actually seemed to be using one of the T-Spheres when he was talking to Oliver. It seemed to block Oliver's arrow and then he threw it at him just before BS came in. I'm guessing there's still a larger purpose for them that we don't know about but at least we've seen him use them. 

I wish we'd get a mention by someone that it looks like Curtis's T Spheres.  

This episode started off good but then went corny but to be honest I will take corny over being bored any day.  

I really loved the convo between Diggle and Felicity.  I would have loved it more in person and if it were Diggle who told Felicity but I will take what I can get.  Also enjoyed Diggle and Oliver but, both can not take the moral high ground.  Olicity always good and I still don't mind William.  The lie Oliver gave him is going to bite him in the ass.

I am still not sure about Cayden James.  

Still tuning out Curtis and I managed to tune out BC, so much so that I didn't pick up any vibe from her towards the other characters. It's a win win for me!

Glad Thea is awake and hope she gets a good SL.  

can Oliver please not speak to anyone that is investigating him without a lawyer.  Geesh, stop talking you twit.  I have a hard believing MG went to law school.

Why is the FBI so mad at Oliver?  I get she is investigating him but it seems personal. 

Edited by ladylaw99

OMG They made Michael Emerson say "My son"

Bahahahahaha

OMG just when I did not think they could be anymore ridiculous with their storylines! This is a joke! The number of people running around crowing "My son" every single episode makes me think they aren't even taking their writing seriously anymore.

I liked Dinah this episode. Good job establishing a Dinah and Felicity friendship without actually even having them have one on one time with each other. I loved the little hand grasp and them sitting perched on the desk together. 

I like "Hossette" and WD's line about taking himself off to write Algorithms if he knew what they were. That was super cute.

I had to laugh that Diggle's big dream is to be the Green Arrow. Maybe they can come to a compromise at the end of the series. 3 days vs 4 days so Oliver can go raise Olicitots on his night's off.

Speaking of Diggle, DR is a specimen. The first few scenes of him I was mesmerised! Completely and utterly mesmerised! He gives SA a run for his money in the good looks department that's for sure! 

I didn't think there was much to squee at in this episode but it was a nice, nothing rage inducing. I thought it was solid and when I was reading the live thread time definitely passed faster than last week.

Cayden James's "MY SON" plot tainted it a bit but I have made peace that one must accept these things if one is to continue to watch Arrow. 

Random thoughts:

Didn't Felicity squeeze Oliver's butt? It was all over the pap pics! I feel cheated we didn't get to see it in the episode!

Favourite line of the night: The Flash is much more my type

Hehehehehehe

Please let Oliver give her grief for that in another ep. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz. We didn't get a reaction and I LOVED that line!  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

OMG They made Michael Emerson say "My son"

So the interpretation of my original comment is "OMG, this was the most Arrow episode to ever Arrow".

Fathers and sons and the bad guy wants revenge on the Arrow and Diggle and Ollie are fighting over nothing and Laurel is the worst and Felicity is the best but kind of doesn't do much while simultaneously doing everyting and Ollie is torn between a NORMAL LIFE and HIS DUTY and they found a way for Thea to be in it but not really and... yep, it's Arrow.

Ironically a lot happened and yet nothing really happened at all

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Speaking of Diggle, DR is a specimen. The first few scenes of him I was mesmerised! Completely and utterly mesmerised! He gives SA a run for his money in the good looks department that's for sure! 

I couldn't agree with you more.  There is something about DR, that is why I hated it when he gets sidelined or gets ridiculous SL.

• Love 3

I wonder how Agent Watson feels about the Flash and his vigilante activities.  She might think the Green Arrow is a murderous lunatic (maybe she focused in on season 1) but he's still just one guy who carries around a weapon from the middle ages.  Maybe she's willing to give him a pass because normal people can't handle all of the metas in Central City?

Is BS ever going to do anything but strut around and smirk between the occasional canary cry?  Seems like a waste, especially since everyone (except maybe Lance) appears to be over the angst of her being Laurel's doppelganger.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Speaking of Tinah, what's up with the soft voice and long looks during her convo with Oliver? There was nothing on Oliver's end but she looked like she was trying to seduce the damn bars.

I actually felt it more in her scene with Quentin. And one point she paused and sauntered over to him and I yelled "You stay on your side of the table!"

Anyone else think that Felicity's comment about arrowing reporters was way harsh and OOC? The reporter's question was totally valid, too. They're not all Susan Williams, Felicity.

I'm guessing that since Watson said she thinks Roy was the Arrow at Oliver's urging: 

Spoiler

that's how Roy comes back. She somehow finds him and tries to broker a deal: testify against Oliver in exchange for dropped charges and the chance to come out of hiding. Not that I think Roy would take it...

• Love 1

Can we just rename this show to Myson? Because that's either the new name of this show, or just the new theme. I'm sick of Myson. Can we have Mygirl, or does that not flow well for the showrunners and writers? 

I didn't hate the episode, but I found that it started great and then slowly went downhill. It picked up with the Thea waking up scene, but that's about all I got.

FBI Lady is starting to grate. She feels like a pest at this point. Is she right? Sure. But is she going to turn out to be a bad guy who's getting information from other bad guys? Probably, because FBI Lady simply can't just be doing her damn job. Plus, she's just dumb for not putting tails on Oliver, especially after he was released from jail. I hate it when characters get dumb for plot reasons. 

Seriously, I had respect for Cayden James until the MYSON reveal. That got me irrationally angry at him. 

I still like how Black Siren is a straight out villain at this point. I like that they're not trying to redeem her. That could still happen, of course, especially with us getting the I WANTED TO AND I LIKED IT Oliver reveal last season, but not all hope is lost yet with her remaining a villain. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I still like how Black Siren is a straight out villain at this point. I like that they're not trying to redeem her. That could still happen, of course, especially with us getting the I WANTED TO AND I LIKED IT Oliver reveal last season, but not all hope is lost yet with her remaining a villain. 

I agree with you. ANYTHING could happen with the idiotic writing on this show. I mean they MYSON-ED Michael Emerson! 

But Oliver has been shown to be a very gentle soul with a lot of capacity to love whereas BS acts like one of the serial killers in Criminal Minds. I wonder how they will write themselves out of that or will they conveniently ignore all the episodes and evidence of her being a straight up terrorist/serial killer and just retcon it. Which is completely plausible with this show! 

• Love 3

I rewatched a few scenes, and man, they really shortchanged Thea waking up. We won't get any of her reaction to anything that's happened while she was in her coma (the best part of coma stuff!), William's already calling her "Auntie" (why, omg why - just call her Aunt), and a big chunk of the scene is just a rambling (and difficult to make out because of the delivery) explanation of how Thea finally woke up from Felicity. 

Bleh.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

Rewatched, some notes:

Curtis complaining again about the FBI not interrogating him ... Seriously, shut up, Curtis.

Kind of feel like if Cayden ever tells Black Siren not to do something and she does it and she ends up getting killed (say, she screams, blows something up and she dies in the explosion), he's going to go, "Well, I warned her," sigh, and just hire someone else to work for him.

"You're, like, way better at this than I am." Keep saying that to Felicity, Curtis, please. Just keep saying that. I don't hate you when you're saying stuff like that. 

Curtis complaining about working out of the loft? Where else are they going to work out of? I don't think Curtis has the money to buy office space, so, shut up, Curtis. 

That "perfect life" line about the Dominators' brainwashing still annoys me. Especially since they were just talking about his family. 

You know, even though they couldn't prove it before the vote, they should really let Star City know those "cops" weren't really cops. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Strangely enough, I didn't get anything from JH in that scene with Oliver tbh. I'm hyper aware of it usually because she tries too hard in all of those type of scenes but it was just a quiet scene, IMO. I definitely didn't see long looks but YMMV of course. 

I guess I don't get why it had to be a quiet scene. In the sense that yes it should be quiet, low voices and all, because they really shouldn't have been talking about breaking Oliver out, sure. But JH was playing it as an intimate scene, IMO. And it was just weird because it really shouldn't be one. 

8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, this scene bugged me, this one and the one before where they were going to book him in.  The way she was acting didn't fit.  It wasn't about her but those scenes were filmed from her perspective so it made it about her more than Oliver.  Didn't need to know it was hard for her to have to book him or that she was ready to break him out if that was what he wanted.  Or at least if they felt they had to have that scene with her, she shouldn't have come off so emotional about it.  Because I don't buy that she would be that emotional about it.  They don't have that kind of relationship.  And then after those scenes, there was no call back to anything between them, which was fine with me but made those earlier scenes all the more disjointed.   

I really liked Almost Human.  It was just really finding it's groove but nope, they pulled the plug.  

This! Those scenes felt off. I also felt like she should actually try not to draw attention to herself because hey, anti-vigilante legislation law and the mayor just got arrested and got accused of being Green Arrow. But that's on the writers, too, not just JH.

(And me, too, on Almost Human. Karl Urban and Michael Ealey were awesome.)

2 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

Ironically a lot happened and yet nothing really happened at all

Best recap of tonight's episode. Actually, this covers a lot of Arrow episodes lately. I'm just not getting an emotional connection to these storylines. 

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Anyone else think that Felicity's comment about arrowing reporters was way harsh and OOC? The reporter's question was totally valid, too. They're not all Susan Williams, Felicity.

Me! That comment didn't even make sense because the reporter wasn't even badgering her. Even MySon's "save her" bit ... like I get if there was a throng of reporters all shouting at her. But it was one lady with a tape recorder out. Chill, guys. You can handle one polite reporter. Now, if that lady started asking Felicity to meet up for drinks and finding out her itinerary, well ...

43 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Seriously, I had respect for Cayden James until the MYSON reveal. That got me irrationally angry at him. 

I want this to be a red herring, something CJ told them to divert their attention. Because seriously, folks, I'm all MySon-ed out. 

23 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I rewatched a few scenes, and man, they really shortchanged Thea waking up. We won't get any of her reaction to anything that's happened while she was in her coma, William's already calling her "Auntie" (why, omg why - just call her Aunt), and a big chunk of the scene is just a rambling (and difficult to make out because of the delivery) explanation of how Thea finally woke up from Felicity. 

Bleh.

Agree. This should have been a wonderful, emotional moment and yet it felt very meh, like I'm not even sure the writers new what they were going for in that scene. 

Also, the trend of Arrow doing jumps/stunts with no purpose continues. Everybody was at the bunker, next scene the newbies are in front of the arena and Oliver swings in from somewhere ... Didn't they all just ride in a van or something together? Why did Oliver have to be so extra? Then they stopped to exchange a couple of lines before moving on, I guess. It's like when Digg and the noobs all jumped from different points in the episode with Onyx and then they just stood around. Stop doing this, Arrow! It makes your heroes look like idiots. Sigh.

tumblr_ozwku2WKze1vq3qe1o3_500.gif 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I rewatched a few scenes, and man, they really shortchanged Thea waking up. We won't get any of her reaction to anything that's happened while she was in her coma, William's already calling her "Auntie" (why, omg why - just call her Aunt), and a big chunk of the scene is just a rambling (and difficult to make out because of the delivery) explanation of how Thea finally woke up from Felicity. 

Bleh.

I’m hoping the Autnie bit was Aunt Thea bleeding together. But I was bummed about how empty that scene felt. It should have been great. Oliver with the family he’s building with Felicity and William, his sister finally awake and his found brother all in one place. And yet... It just made me fondly remember season 3scenes of all things. One, Oliver and Roy showing up for dinner at Dig and Lyla’s, and two, the Diggles having Felicity and Thea over during Oliver’s walk on the dark side. Both of those were more emotionally satisfying, and the first one didn’t last a minute. The components were all there in this case, yet it somehow all fell apart.

Honest to God, I laughed out loud when Cayden mentioned his son. But in all seriousness, this is supremely lazy. Not only have they done this ad nauseum, they had a new storyline for Cayden right there. What if it was being held by ARGUS that made him snap? That could have delved into interesting issues of handling threats.

12 hours ago, Trisha said:

I'm thrilled Thea is back and that family moment at the end was so cute, I'm willing to overlook that William is already calling her "Auntie." Oliver making him call John "Mr Diggle" was a nice touch though. And I'm glad he's calling Oliver "Dad" now and they didn't turn it into a big thing. 

I really didn’t get why Oliver insisted on that. William calls Felicity and Raisa by their first names, he himself called Dig Mr Diggle, it’s not like he approached him with, dude. 

12 hours ago, BunsenBurner said:

So they are not going to tell us the name of FSs company?

@statsgirl

They did, Helix Initiative.

11 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I would have liked it better if he was Uncle John instead but I get that's not automatically everyone's thing.   I confess I didn't even notice that William was calling Oliver Dad, lol.  

It was as Oliver was being led away. Which I think was one of this episode’s better decisions. The circumstance made sense for him to make the switch, he was still calling him Oliver at the food drive, and it didn’t draw attention to itself. It was just presented as fact. The circumstances of witnessing his father getting arrested prompted William to acknowledge Oliver as his family and address him as such. I liked it.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

William's already calling her "Auntie" (why, omg why - just call her Aunt)

Heh. You know, I gotta actually address this because in my family, we all call our aunts "Auntie". I'm 24 years old and I still call all my aunts "Auntie *so and so*", and it feels weird if I call my aunt "Aunt". 

7 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Also, the trend of Arrow doing jumps/stunts with no purpose continues. Everybody was at the bunker, next scene the newbies are in front of the arena and Oliver swings in from somewhere ... Didn't they all just ride in a van or something together? Why did Oliver have to be so extra? Then they stopped to exchange a couple of lines before moving on, I guess. It's like when Digg and the noobs all jumped from different points in the episode with Onyx and then they just stood around. Stop doing this, Arrow! It makes your heroes look like idiots. Sigh.

Yeah...I get that they really want to show Oliver on the field again and having a badass entrance, but it did feel unnecessary. Much like some of the other stunts they had, especially in season 4.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Heh. You know, I gotta actually address this because in my family, we all call our aunts "Auntie". I'm 24 years old and I still call all my aunts "Auntie *so and so*", and it feels weird if I call my aunt "Aunt". 

Oh, I don't have an issue with the term "Auntie" in general - but as far as I know he literally just met her when she opened her eyes? It seems like more of a term of endearment that's earned over a period of time to me. At least that's how we use it in my family, anyway.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ladylaw99 said:

Why is the FBI so mad at Oliver?  I get she is investigating him but it seems personal. 

I'd say it somehow involves her son but only fathers matter on this show.

3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Speaking of Diggle, DR is a specimen. The first few scenes of him I was mesmerised! Completely and utterly mesmerised!

The return of Diggle's tank top and feats of strength. They really have dropped the workout scenes by the wayside except for OTA.

3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

I wonder how Agent Watson feels about the Flash and his vigilante activities.  She might think the Green Arrow is a murderous lunatic (maybe she focused in on season 1) but he's still just one guy who carries around a weapon from the middle ages.  Maybe she's willing to give him a pass because normal people can't handle all of the metas in Central City?

Is BS ever going to do anything but strut around and smirk between the occasional canary cry?  Seems like a waste, especially since everyone (except maybe Lance) appears to be over the angst of her being Laurel's doppelganger.

I kinda feel like she should be focusing on Black Siren since she has killed about 20 people or so in the last few months? 

39 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Curtis complaining about working out of the loft? Where else are they going to work out of? I don't think Curtis has the money to buy office space, so, shut up, Curtis. 

Curtis had a very valid complaint about registering the company name without discussing it with him. That is quite the overreach, Felicity. Complaining about working out of the loft and Felicity picking the project (he could have said no or suggested something else?) are not. Maybe Felicity is going to be arrested for embezzling funds from her own company. I'm glad Arrow is sticking to the rich or not rich when convenient. 

34 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I want this to be a red herring, something CJ told them to divert their attention. Because seriously, folks, I'm all MySon-ed out. 

I am also hoping that it's a ruse. Helix knows Felicity works with GA and she broke him out of jail. Also doesn't Helix and Black Siren know all their identities? He could have just gone to the Mayor's office and not needed to involve poor Billy Joel. I guess CJ really needed the vote to go his way. I wonder if Agent Watson is going to end up helping exonerate the team and I also think it would be fairly easy to reveal that those people weren't actually cops. 

If the Myson stuff is true then it happened around the time that they were looking for Prometheus? 

I just really don't want another season finale hinging on William getting kidnapped again. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

I have very little patience with how Curtis dealt with his issues about how things were going with the business. “I thought that’s how we did things” whining is passive-aggressive and not a good look on anyone. If Curtis had a problem with Felicity naming the company or their working in the loft he should have put in his big boy pants and TOLD HER. Not recklessly experimented on their friend. 

And, I thought William said “Aunt Thea.”

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

I kinda feel like she should be focusing on Black Siren since she has killed about 20 people or so in the last few months? 

It’s weird that she’s seems to be focused solely on GA, and makes it sound even more likely that she has some personal motivation. What about the guy who runs around with guns instead of a bow and arrows? Or the crazy shrieking blond woman? I would say that I’m convinced that she’s actually working for CJ to cause problems for GA during his little revenge quest, but with this show it’s equally likely to be just lazy writing and bad characterization. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, bethy said:

And, I thought William said “Aunt Thea.”

Closed captioning also had him saying "Auntie Thea."

28 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He can be a little mush mouthed sometimes, but he definitely said "Auntie Thea."

Yup. I've actually seen GIFs and some people finding it cute he calls Felicity "Feliss" even though he's never called her that. It's just the way he talks. He also puts the stresses on the weirdest parts of a sentence. 

18 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Closed captioning also had him saying "Auntie Thea."

Yup. I've actually seen GIFs and some people finding it cute he calls Felicity "Feliss" even though he's never called her that. It's just the way he talks. He also puts the stresses on the weirdest parts of a sentence. 

It stuck out to me that Oliver seemed to over articulate "facility" during the speech at the food drive. I wonder if the actor kept saying "Felicity" instead. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Also they really need to either get rid of BS or do something else with her because she's just...there? What does she add? You could basically just give her scenes to a random actor and it wouldn't change anything. I'm really confused as to what they're doing with her tbh. 

It's even more baffling when the episode description was all BLACK SIREN RETURNS TO WREAK HAVOC and I'm like...did she??

I really hope they do not attempt to make her good. I'm guessing the producers are thinking 'Its great we got Cassidy back on the show, and we've made her evil. The fans will love that'.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kimmel77 said:

I really hope they do not attempt to make her good. I'm guessing the producers are thinking 'Its great we got Cassidy back on the show, and we've made her evil. The fans will love that'.

Haha, well, they've got their work cut out for them because she's basically a Psychopath. 

(I don't think we can rule anything out on this show tbh but I'm not seeing any signs of a redemption arc right now.)

14 hours ago, Angel12d said:

About the Curtis/Felicity disagreement. On one hand, yes, it's Curtis' prototype. But on the other, he hadn't even decided to mass produce it himself, that was Felicity's idea, so to suddenly spring the "IT'S MINE!" excuse on her felt unfair. She's literally giving him a platform to mass produce his work. 

IDK, this whole thing makes me angry because this was supposed to be Felicity's company and they stole it and made her share it with Curtis just like they do with her skillset just to make him relevant. So basically Curtis can GTFO. I hate him.

Felicity is so wrong on so many levels in this fight with Curtis. Felicity is the dumbass who had never even contemplated money until Curtis mentioned that he'd been coding. Then Felicity can't come up with her own ideas so she decides she wants to mass produce Curtis' device. Then she unilaterally uses their investment money to bail Oliver out of jail. If Oliver goes missing, as he is so wont to do, Felicity tanked the company. I get that many folks like and find Felicity a much more useful character than Curtis. And for sure, there has been a bad case of skill set creep between the two of them, but I find Felicity's actions to be really presumptuous and imperious in this start up. I don't know if it's that as a woman of color, I see how obnoxious the optics are of having Felicity tell Curtis what he can and can't do with the thing he invented. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Didn't Felicity squeeze Oliver's butt? It was all over the pap pics! I feel cheated we didn't get to see it in the episode!

EBR squeezed SA's butt. I'm guessing that's why it didn't make the show cut. :D

2 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm just not getting an emotional connection to these storylines. 

I think this is me, too. I don't know if it's because Oliver isn't GA anymore, even though I love and adore Digg, or if something else isn't working for me. I'm enjoying specific scenes and character interactions, but that's mostly it. 

I don't really have anything to say about this episode. I had fun live chatting, but there wasn't anything that stayed with me. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1