Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E07: Something Happened

• Start Topic

There are a lot of talented actors who play much more interesting roles who are the majority of Emmy voters. I bet cops to donuts....they were not impressed. I'm sure they all like her and think she's a wonderful person. But they ain't gonna give her an Emmy......for that.

Give Raul Esparza an Emmy for being able to play the little bitch part he's been handed without bitch slapping the big bitch, hard, repeatedly. :)

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, QueenMab said:

There are a lot of talented actors who play much more interesting roles who are the majority of Emmy voters. I bet cops to donuts....they were not impressed. I'm sure they all like her and think she's a wonderful person. But they ain't gonna give her an Emmy......for that.

Yea just looking at the lead actress drama nominee list for last year and the different types of shows they came from, I  don't see someone from a 19 year old police procedural getting recognition. Especially an actress who has already won an emmy (and was nominated 7 other times) for the same role.

• Love 1

The days of SVU getting nominated are gone. Once a show falls off Emmy radar, they never get back on. They can't even get noms for their guest stars anymore and that used to be surefire. Of course the days of getting names like Leslie Caron, Carol Burnett and Robin Williams are long gone too.

• Love 5

Aren't the police supposed to use a "6 pack" line up of photos for eyewitness identifications rather than just use one cell phone photo?

Was she raped or did she just have a mental breakdown after her father's death? I thought the guy was asleep next to her when she killed him. I think my mind wandered during that part of the episode.

Why was Raul, the DA, present during the interview (outside looking in)? Aren't DAs to busy to be present during all confessions?

Her sister/lawyer stormed out of the room....did she even officially act as her lawyer and then those dynamics, especially with her leaving, make me think this would be sticky to try in court. Also was she ever mirandized?

This episode had potential to be decent but they failed to live up to the potential. I'm not surprised. I'm tired of the show revolving around the character Olivia.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

The days of SVU getting nominated are gone. Once a show falls off Emmy radar, they never get back on. They can't even get noms for their guest stars anymore and that used to be surefire. Of course the days of getting names like Leslie Caron, Carol Burnett and Robin Williams are long gone too.

I get a sense that police procedurals on network tv have a certain reputation among emmy voters (deserved or not) which makes it near impossible for them at this point to get much if any recognition. To the point where Jimmy Stewart could come back to life, guest star on NCIS and still not get an emmy nomination.

• Love 4

Good God From Zion, that was horrible, that actress who played the "victim" was the worst actress I have seen in many a year, and honey I watch a lot of bad t.v.  She was ugly and had a voice that made me fast forward to get her to STFU. Barf. Okay, next week let's get back to the gang we all love, especially Ice Tea! 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Aren't the police supposed to use a "6 pack" line up of photos for eyewitness identifications rather than just use one cell phone photo?

Was she raped or did she just have a mental breakdown after her father's death? I thought the guy was asleep next to her when she killed him. I think my mind wandered during that part of the episode.

Why was Raul, the DA, present during the interview (outside looking in)? Aren't DAs to busy to be present during all confessions?

Her sister/lawyer stormed out of the room....did she even officially act as her lawyer and then those dynamics, especially with her leaving, make me think this would be sticky to try in court. Also was she ever mirandized?

This episode had potential to be decent but they failed to live up to the potential. I'm not surprised. I'm tired of the show revolving around the character Olivia.

Was there any other stab wound except for the cheek? How in the hell did that kill him? Dude looked like he just took it lying down. Literally. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Good God From Zion, that was horrible, that actress who played the "victim" was the worst actress I have seen in many a year, and honey I watch a lot of bad t.v.  She was ugly and had a voice that made me fast forward to get her to STFU. Barf. Okay, next week let's get back to the gang we all love, especially Ice Tea! 

They did deviate from the usual vic as being a pretty, young, rich white girl.  They got the white part in there, of course.  Anyone who acts like she did should either be in a mental hospital or starring on The Exorcist TV Show.  If they taped the interview, which I believe is their SOP, then all the defense has to do is show it in its entirety at victim's murder trial and it would guarantee a not guilty by reason of insanity!

• Love 1

This is officially the worst thing I have ever seen on TV

Ridiculous premise

Ridiculous overacting

This show was SO good in the early years

Now I can barely stand to watch; I do so just hoping against hope that there will be an episode or two that harkens back to the glory days. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

They did deviate from the usual vic as being a pretty, young, rich white girl.  They got the white part in there, of course.  Anyone who acts like she did should either be in a mental hospital or starring on The Exorcist TV Show.  If they taped the interview, which I believe is their SOP, then all the defense has to do is show it in its entirety at victim's murder trial and it would guarantee a not guilty by reason of insanity!

IMO, I don’t think Laurel was a rape victim. I think she met the guy in a bar, went home with him, and was triggered by the aftershave and watch and her father’s funeral. She snapped and killed him. 

I have no clue how she ended up on the floor in the museum, but I was not paying close attention because it was so painfully bad. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

IMO, I don’t think Laurel was a rape victim. I think she met the guy in a bar, went home with him, and was triggered by the aftershave and watch and her father’s funeral. She snapped and killed him. 

I have no clue how she ended up on the floor in the museum, but I was not paying close attention because it was so painfully bad. 

And how did she have no blood on her? TV Crime Drama 101 dictates that if the victim is stabbed to death, there will be suspicious looking blood on the killer unless the ME explains to the audience otherwise.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

I agree with that, Laurel wasn't a rape victim. She was just incriedbly screwed up by her scumbag father. She likely went to the museum after the murder, remembering how her father took her there, and collapsed. 

I don't know if she would go to prison or a mental institution, like I say, Dr Huang is sorely missed on this show, he is much needed to talk to people like Laurel and analyze their mental state. He provided a level of insight the others don't, he's missed badly. 

The acting in this episode was some of the worst I've ever seen. I don't know who was worse, Mariska or the woman playing Laurel. And I wanted to slap Laurel, her sister and Benson. That was just an awful episode, and once again they had Benson steamrolling eveyrone and no one was going to stand up to her, it's absurd. Eveyrone is unhappy with how this season is, but Mariska's insane ego has taken over and ruined the show. 

• Love 8

We know very little about the actual murder that took place, because the show was more focused on fake father daughter incest (fake for Laurel, because she just imagined that it happened to her instead of her sister). Sure, Laurel's relationship with her father obviously played a role in why she killed that man, but we were left with very little understanding of the crime the police and DA should have been investigating. Of course it is because this episode was just an excuse to over indulge in scenery chewing, and not as focused on building a solid investigative case, because yeah, all these questions being raised here are the same ones I had.

What exactly was the timeline of the murder? I'm going to guess they had consensual sex at some point during the night, and then  Laurel killed him afterward, but we are still somewhat in the dark. All of the triggers for Laurel (the watch, the aftershave) are triggers that would have happened when she met the man. But she went home with him anyway, and presumably had sex. So that would indicate that went into her murderous fugue state after the sex was over, but why was that necessarily the trigger for actually murdering the man? Dr. Huang would have been able to get a better read from Laurel on what her state of mind was when she actually murdered him. 

Why was there no blood on Laurel? Did she take a shower afterward or was just extremely lucky after murdering him in a fugue state?

How did she get into the Museum of Natural History? You would think she wouldn't have been able to just sneak in there, not in her obviously mentally unhinged state. 

I do like the fact that the case was not what we thought it was going to be. Having the supposed victim turn out to be the perpetrator and a rape actually be a murder, was an interesting turn of events. It was ALMOST worthy of being in the Neal Baer era SVU canon (the good canon and not the cringe inducing camp canon). But the shortsighted focus on trading daddy horror stories between Laurel and Olivia (and being a shameless attempt at garnering Emmy nominations for them both actresses), really resulted in a half baked investigation and the rest of the team shunted aside to watch Olivia interrogate Laurel with concern. The episode really could have been better if it was more tightly written. 

• Love 3

Because the investigation was basically just watching Olivia interrogate Laurel, we never got a SOLID answer about that. But what we did see certainly pointed to Laurel having consensual sex with the man and then killing him afterward. Or at least that is how I interpreted what few facts of the murder the show focused on. 

• Love 4
On 11/30/2017 at 0:34 AM, Xeliou66 said:

The only thing that saved the episode were the twist that Laurel wasn't actually a victim, at least not of rape, just of being fucked up by a scumbag father, and the awesome line that Benson isn't Jesus, it's beyond time someone told Benson/Mariska that as she acts like a saint. No Noah and no Granny was nice as well.

Rollins had about 2 lines the whole episode, Fin didn't have much more although he seemed to be the only one to realize that the interrogation should be stopped but since Benson has chopped Barba's balls off he refused to stop it. Carisi at least got a little bit to do.

No Noah was refreshing! Actually I don't think I would have minded this episode so much if they hadn't done so much Benoah already. I mean I still would have rolled my eyes and snarked a ton, but if we had gotten the previous episodes with the cut scenes that have been posted online instead of Benoah I probably would have defended it a bit as being a showpiece for the star, and the kind of thing most series do from time to time. As far as FIn is concerned it seems like someone (Mariska?) doesn't want to him to fill the Munch role as both comic relief and the one who speaks truth to power and is the voice of reason when needed. They've gotten close at times, but always seem to pull back.

On 11/30/2017 at 3:37 AM, JyDanzig said:

Well, I was expecting a total trainwreck, but I actually thought this episode was OK.  Not good, but OK.  It still easily outperformed nearly every ep last season.  Maybe I was just relieved to have a female perp in what was ultimately a murder case!  Anything to get a break from the rich white man raping the young white woman.

And... I think that's all I got.  It's weird that the most heavily promoted ep in forever is the one about which I have the least to say.

There wasn't much to say because all that promotion basically told us what would happen, we thought it sounded awful, and there wasn't much else to say.

On 11/30/2017 at 0:55 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed with this, all we get is all Benson, all the time, every episode. The other characters are little more than window dressing in about 80 percent of the episodes, all we get is all Benson all the time. It is pure self aggrandizing ego stroking from Mariska, she is extremely delusional, the interview where she said she was the same as Benson showed that, and no one will tell her that's she ruining the show. It's a shame, because Churnuchin can be an excellent writer and the show could be great, but Mariska's gigantic ego is ruining it all, to the point where even people who normally like Benson are fed up. 

Holy shit, that is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. If you needed anymore proof Mariska is completely delusional and egotistical and eveyrone else has to worship her to keep their job. What a joke this is, absolutely no one talks about their colleagues the way almost eveyrone in SVU talks about Mariska. I'm very disappointed with Churnuchin, pull your head out of Mariska's ass and use your writing skills. 

I don't think that Chernuchin is to blame TBH. I think he has used his writing skills to improve the show. Compare any script from last season to any script from this season and you will probably find the one from this season to be much better written. Even this week's episode had a twist and was mostly competently done. This is on NBC and Dick Wolf. And Mariska. As long as she pulls an Alan Alda style ego trip and Wolf/NBC doesn't have the hard conversations and tell her that she may be the most important part of the show, but her actions are hurting that show no showrunner is going to be able to make real changes. Basically all they can do is try to contain the damage by giving Marisak a big arc and trying to keep her from taking over the COTW which seems to be the approach taken by Leight and Chernuchin who had experience and some clout, being brought in when there was a good possibility of cancellation. With a weaker showrunner like Eid you get all Benson, all the time, everywhere.

• Love 2

Can someone please bullet point this ep. for me? I think I also went into a fugue state at some point. 

This was clearly MH's farewell "star vehicle." I am correct that she announced she is leaving the show to focus on her other projects, right?

I was unclear also on why Laurel would kill the guy. She always wanted to have sex with her father (gag) and that's why she had sex with this guy. He reminded her of her father, so she finally got what she wanted, no? Maybe she should have killed her sister, her "rival" and that would have made more sense?

• Love 7

MamaMax ...your on the right track. I too went into a fugue state and have no idea about the story nor do I give a rats fat furry one. As with many people here and on other sites. It was indeed a "showcase" for MH but the problem is, EVERY episode has been a showcase for MH for the past five years since Stabler left. And this is why viewers are snarking so much. MH will leave that "all about Benson" show when she keels over dead....maybe. Her dominance is ruining the show and that is what is going to bring about its end. The problem is she won't leave, take a back seat, or even share the screen for more than thirty seconds with another cast member. The ratings, and interest, for the show is dwindling and the stupid producers thought that hyping an "all Olivia" episode was the remedy. It was exactly what we didn't want. In short, they will have to kill the damn show to get rid of her.

• Love 8

I actually thought this was a good episode.  I usually do other things while watching but  this one was interesting and I thought the guest star did a great job. Now, the other episodes have been lame for the most part this season. 

I don’t feel the hate for MH.

14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I actually thought this was a good episode.  I usually do other things while watching but  this one was interesting and I thought the guest star did a great job. Now, the other episodes have been lame for the most part this season. 

I don’t feel the hate for MH.

We don't feel the hate either. We just question why Olivia Benson has become such a major focal point of SVU. Why have all the other regular characters been dumbed down or eliminated just to make Benson look more important? You yourself have mentioned how lame the episodes have been. We are all (mostly) of the opinion that the subject and the story telling  and subsequent ratings have gone down hill consistently over the years. Since Mariska Hargitay is an Executive Producer and supposed star of the show, she would do something to improve these items. What you perceive as "hate" is actually "objective criticism".

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dttruman said:

We don't feel the hate either. We just question why Olivia Benson has become such a major focal point of SVU. Why have all the other regular characters been dumbed down or eliminated just to make Benson look more important? You yourself have mentioned how lame the episodes have been. We are all (mostly) of the opinion that the subject and the story telling  and subsequent ratings have gone down hill consistently over the years. Since Mariska Hargitay is an Executive Producer and supposed star of the show, she would do something to improve these items. What you perceive as "hate" is actually "objective criticism".

I wasn’t trying to be argumentative nor critical of the group. You did a very nice job at defending the thread. Anyway, my point was I liked this episode. 

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wasn’t trying to be argumentative nor critical of the group. You did a very nice job at defending the thread. Anyway, my point was I liked this episode. 

I apologize if I sounded abrupt. I in no way wanted to sound belligerent or demean your opinion. In the past there have been others who thought Mariska Hargitay (a la Olivia Benson) was the Second Coming and everything she did made the show better.

I think the episode you liked had a lot of promise, but they fudged it a little too much to make Benson look important.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, CelticBlackCat said:

This was supposed to be a police procedural with an ensemble cast.  Now it's a soap opera with a little police work thrown in to fill out the Benoah Hour.

Do you think it would be better if they came up with some kind way to separate the detectives in pairs a la "NBC"s Mystery Movie" on Sunday nights. Each week they would have a different show with "McMillan& Wife", "Colombo", and "McCloud" (back in the 70's). I liked it when Benson & Stabler and Fin & Munch worked cases together. Why can't they have Carisi & Rollins or Fin & Carisi, Benson with someone and on and on , each pair solving cases week to week?

Edited by dttruman
29 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Do you think it would be better if they came up with some kind way to separate the detectives in pairs a la "NBC"s Mystery Movie" on Sunday nights. Each week they would have a different show with "McMillan& Wife", "Colombo", and "McCloud" (back in the 70's). I liked it when Benson & Stabler and Fin & Munch worked cases together. Why can't they have Carisi & Rollins or Fin & Carisi, Benson with someone and on and on , each pair solving cases week to week?

Sounds like a great idea!  It could be called Dick Wolf's Law & Order.  They could have two of the detectives with Fin acting like the sergeant he is investigate the latest crime, and have Barba do the courtroom stuff with the various defense attorneys and judges we've all come to know and love.  They can have the new guy Stone interact with Barba.  They can have their own Benoaheila show with Saint Olivia and Sinner Granny battle it out over Noah.

• LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CelticBlackCat said:

They can have their own Benoaheila show with Saint Olivia and Sinner Granny battle it out over Noah.

I think will get an idea of that tonight. My preview of SVU tonight says "that Benson will set firm ground rules with Shiela" and the rest will be working on another case. The question is how much of the show will be devoted to the other case. I think my preview was taken directly from the IMdB description of tonights episode.

Edited by dttruman
for giving proper credit to source.
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dttruman said:

Or even Law & Order: Criminal Intent, which had one week of Goren & Eames and the next week a different pair (the pair changed a few times: Chris Noth, Julie Nickleson (?), Jeff Goldblum, Saffron Burrows, a few other people). It's not like it was never done before. You never even saw the other detectives if it wasn't their week (except on an occasional "special event")

• Love 3
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

Or even Law & Order: Criminal Intent, which had one week of Goren & Eames and the next week a different pair (the pair changed a few times: Chris Noth, Julie Nickleson (?), Jeff Goldblum, Saffron Burrows, a few other people).

Yeah, it was Goren/Eames alternating first with Logan and Carolyn Barek (Annabella Sciorra). Sciorra left after her one season (S5) and Julianne Nicholson (who also appeared on the Mothership in a guest role and was in Dick Wolf's Conviction, which was set in the L&O universe; when that tanked, she got the CI role as a new character) debuted as Det. Megan Wheeler in S6. After Logan exited at the end of S7, in came Jeff Goldblum's Zack/Zach Nichols with Wheeler in S8. Then Nicholson left and Saffron Burrows' Serena Stevens became Nichols' last partner for one season, S9.

But to return to the topic, SVU wouldn't work like that because for whatever reason, Benson is seen as the centerpiece and Wolf probably would not try without her. Not even Lennie on the Mothership or Goren on CI - both arguably the "face" of their part of the franchise - got that much kissing up by Wolf, et. al. JMO here.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, it was Goren/Eames alternating first with Logan and Carolyn Barek (Annabella Sciorra). Sciorra left after her one season (S5) and Julianne Nicholson (who also appeared on the Mothership in a guest role and was in Dick Wolf's Conviction, which was set in the L&O universe; when that tanked, she got the CI role as a new character) debuted as Det. Megan Wheeler in S6. After Logan exited at the end of S7, in came Jeff Goldblum's Zack/Zach Nichols with Wheeler in S8. Then Nicholson left and Saffron Burrows' Serena Stevens became Nichols' last partner for one season, S9.

But to return to the topic, SVU wouldn't work like that because for whatever reason, Benson is seen as the centerpiece and Wolf probably would not try without her. Not even Lennie on the Mothership or Goren on CI - both arguably the "face" of their part of the franchise - got that much kissing up by Wolf, et. al. JMO here.

Everyone has been wondering "WTF" with Noah; now, according to the preview for the next episode after New Years, he'll be front and center in the storyline since he's been kidnapped! This had to be planned! Who's stupid enough to kidnap a child from a cop? See ya then! ;-)

• Love 2
17 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

This was supposed to be a police procedural with an ensemble cast.  Now it's a soap opera with a little police work thrown in to fill out the Benoah Hour.

I was just about to type the same thing, almost verbatim  :-)

• Love 1

Well now, I got preoccupied around Thanksgiving and had no idea L&O:SVU was back to having new episodes until I looked in the TV listings for last night, then checked back to see if I'd missed any. Therefore, I was not in on any of the publicity and saw none of the promos; I came completely unspoiled to viewing it On Demand yesterday.  And I thought it was terrific! A sad, awful story about how one man's evil, that of Laurel and Lila's father, spread out (as Olivia said) like ripples in a pond, surely ruining Lila's happiness as her state of angry denial showed, and screwing up Laurel so badly that she lost it when her father died and went home with a stranger, had the consensual sex with him she thought she wanted from her father, mistook him for her father and killed him out of crazy jealousy. And her ideas about every girl's experience with her father were so off the mark that Olivia finally had to come to opening her own old wounds and telling her the truth about her own father, in order to shock her out of stereotyping and back to reality. When they were fencing around at length about their respective feelings for their fathers, I was yelling at the screen, "Come on, Olivia, tell her!" 

Therefore, I experienced the show as the writers wanted me to, without the baggage of resentment about Emmy aspirations and suchlike. From that perspective, it was great. I'm fascinated by the way half the comments here so far were written before the show even aired, expressing dread about what it would be. I'm so glad it never came into my mind that there might be a retcon about William Lewis or the underground prison thing. As some have said, it was much better than what was dreaded. Perhaps the too-much-Olivia-centeredness was expressed by the way they seemed to stop caring about poor, fascinating Laurel at the end, hustling her out of there without a word of consolation the moment she confessed to the murder, while the final shot was of Olivia all alone in the interrogation room registering her shattered state at what she'd gone through. I would have liked the ending to be a word of comfort on how Laurel had quite a decent mental-health defence and her sister could get help, but we can presume that happened.

Anyway, would some others here have liked it more if they hadn't been tormented by the promos and horrid anticipations of retcons and Saint Olivia the Saviour first?

• Love 2

Well folks, its official. The Emmy push is on. MH's "people" managed to make her a question on last nights "Jeopardy". "She plays the longest running female lead character on a non-animated, primetime show". Answer: you guessed it. And two of the three players got it....even spelled her name right. When are the Emmy's anyway? Because, Dear God, how long is this "push" bullshit going to go on?

• Love 1

The Good; surprisingly gory by SVU standards with the scissors sticking out of the poor saps head. Interesting dynamic between the sisters, one actually jealous of the other for her father abusing her (if this was actually abuse, how much older was the older sister and was it consensual?) and trying to lure him into the same with her (maybe she was too young for him?). The whole interrogation scene was convincingly oppressive. Nice to hear Benson's brother Simon even mentioned.  

The Bad; False ID again, Benson tries to show the traumatised witness a single photo of the suspect and say 'Is that him?' (over 70% of false convictions stem from improper eyewitness ID). Also once again we have more leading than a dog walking service. Why do Fin and Carisi go by themselves to the apartment for the arrest, surely they should have at least a couple of more officers as back-up? Surely you can't have a relative as your legal council? And at what point did she wave her right to legal council, the sister stormed out but I don't ever remember her saying she didn't want a lawyer any more? Surely given her behaviour they should immediately give the 'victim' a psych evaluation?

Actually not as bad as I thought it would be from everyone's reviews 7/10 

Edited by Joe Hellandback
Benson's brother
  • Love 1
On 12/2/2017 at 4:45 PM, atlantaloves said:

Ironically, speaking of Zion (Utah), I was really excited to see Melora Walters' name in the credits, because I remember being really captivated by her weirdo character on the first couple of seasons of Big Love. (This was after I got over the fact that it wasn't Melora Hardin from The Office). This appearance did her no favors, but personally, I don't think she's as wretched an actress as the episode might have indicated. What a stinker all around.

Apparently once was not enough. This gag fest is being shown again Wed. the 25th. because we need to see that Emmy winning slog again....oh wait. What happened at the Emmy's? Surely MH won. Anybody? Two seconds of Barba getting a hard on while Benson gets him the goods ain't enough for me. Repeats already?

• Love 1

They have to shove Mariska and her “amazing performance” down our throats even more apparently. The show is all about satisfying her enormous ego and letting her hog the screen time. This episode was one of the worst examples of Barba being a bitch, he just backed down and let Benson continue her unprofessional interrrogation. Barba became so bad this season it was just absurd.

• Love 1

I was out of town and when I got back I found out that my DVR decided to punish us for my SO using it to record lots of reality television by recording the rerun for some reason and only recording 10 minutes of Full Frontal. I decided that I might as well as check it out to see if it was as bad as I remembered (hated the promos, thought it wasn't as bad as it looked on first viewing, and liked it less and less the more I thought about it). It was. Here are my thoughts for what it's worth  -

So "Something Happened" is here.
What is abundantly clear.
There's Benson with a gun over there.
Trying to make Emmy voters aware.

I think it's time to stop.
Viewers, what's that sound?
It's the show being dragged down.

There's battle lines being drawn.
Viewers right and SVU went wrong.
Forum posters speaking their minds.
Getting resistance from Mariska's hive mind.

We better stop.
Writers, what's that sound?

Egomania strikes deep.
Into the show it does creep.
It starts when the network's afraid.
Give the star every line, or we'll come and take you away.

We better stop.
Mariska, what's that sound?

We better stop.
Dick Wolf, what's that sound?

We better stop.
Network, what's that sound?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I was out of town and when I got back I found out that my DVR decided to punish us for my SO using it to record lots of reality television by recording the rerun for some reason and only recording 10 minutes of Full Frontal. I decided that I might as well as check it out to see if it was as bad as I remembered (hated the promos, thought it wasn't as bad as it looked on first viewing, and liked it less and less the more I thought about it). It was. Here are my thoughts for what it's worth  -

So "Something Happened" is here.
What is abundantly clear.
There's Benson with a gun over there.
Trying to make Emmy voters aware.

I think it's time to stop.
Viewers, what's that sound?

There's battle lines being drawn.
Viewers right and SVU went wrong.
Forum posters speaking their minds.
Getting resistance from Mariska's hive mind.

We better stop.
Writers, what's that sound?

Egomania strikes deep.
Into the show it does creep.
It starts when the network's afraid.
Give the star every line, or we'll come and take you away.

We better stop.
Mariska, what's that sound?

We better stop.
Dick Wolf, what's that sound?

We better stop.
Network, what's that sound?

That was fucking brilliant!!!!!!!!

Finally got around to this on the DVR.

I guess I'm in the minority because I'm so far behind and haven't watched for years, but this wasn't too bad. I wasn't poisoned by promos and whatnot.

I thought the guest star/victim acted circles around MH and was the only thing of note.