Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I get the idea of gold and all,  but these dresses look kind of...cheap? It would have been cooler to have gold stars on the uniform a la BCA month or something. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I get the idea of gold and all,  but these dresses look kind of...cheap? It would have been cooler to have gold stars on the uniform a la BCA month or something. 

Or at least lose the poms, it's a banquet right? Hardly the place for poms. Better quality dresses, something

• Love 2

YAY!  I was FINALLY able to get a hold of the season pass on iTunes.  I couldn't find it on several screens then looked one more place and finally found it.  NOW, I'm a happy girl, especially since it's FRIDAY!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I always forget about Khalyn. Kelli posted a pic of her and she is just so gorgeous. So under the radar.

She was the one & only time I felt compelled to participate in the fan vote, I liked her from the start!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

World class begins and ends with how they dance.

nobody really cares who they sleep with or what bars they go to. The organization has a weird, paternal obsession with it, but normal people do not.

I don't think it is weird.  Many professional organizations regularly check twitter, instagram and Facebook for what activities that their employees are doing that may reflect poorly on the institution.  Try working in healthcare or academia either K-12 or university level.  Known people who have been terminated or disciplined as a result.  Shoot, you can be disciplined for being 3 minutes late to work.  Three of these occurences can result in termination.  Perhaps other work environments are less professional and more casual in approach.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I don't think it is weird.  Many professional organizations regularly check twitter, instagram and Facebook for what activities that their employees are doing that may reflect poorly on the institution.  Try working in healthcare or academia either K-12 or university level.  Known people who have been terminated or disciplined as a result.  Shoot, you can be disciplined for being 3 minutes late to work.  Three of these occurences can result in termination.  Perhaps other work environments are less professional and more casual in approach.

As a teacher I've been told I can be disciplined if someone reports a picture of me online I don't even know exists that a parent finds questionable. So if I have a drink out somewhere and people are taking pics even if I'm only in the background it could go in my personnel file. It's part of having a job in many fields and these girls are highly visible

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Help!  Loyal MTT viewer and CMT is no longer available on Spectrum.  What do you guys do to,watch the show without local cable access?  I downloaded the app but it wants to connect with Spectrum and it says CMT is not available?  What else to you do to watch the current season?

I have Spectrum and CMT. You should call them.

ANYTHING you post online to social media can affect your job or, if in the job market, getting hired.  If you like to go out clubbing and drinking every night (or every weekend) and those pictures show up on social media, then the bank/school/law firm/medical office/etc. are less likely to hire you and, if you're working there, they will very likely keep you away from the customers/clients if not fire you, especially if you've been warned or it's in your contract/a condition of being hired.  You, as an employee, are representing a company, a brand.  If you could be seen as a liability to that company, that brand, that could be cause for termination.

So, yes, social media is a BIG deal.  Karissa and Ika were warned and Ika still went out drinking and posting it to social media, which is why I think she was released from training camp.  Karissa just wasn't a strong enough dancer though it seemed she took the warning to heart.  I think Vivian's love of self-promotion and social media was one of the reasons she got released though she brought enough other drama, it probably wasn't one of the main reasons.  There were probably other girls that had social media issues, but we never saw them.  Carla's decision was in trusting the wrong man and not taking responsibility in her role in the situation.  I wonder how long those pictures followed her and if she's lost the loser boyfriend.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Help!  Loyal MTT viewer and CMT is no longer available on Spectrum.  What do you guys do to,watch the show without local cable access?  I downloaded the app but it wants to connect with Spectrum and it says CMT is not available?  What else to you do to watch the current season?

My mother has Spectrum (however, until recently it was Time Warner),  and she still has CMT.  On the lowest tier level too.  No doubt we got to keep it because of the recent transition. 

My condolences!

• Love 1
Just now, mcmrdh said:

Dang... did yall see Kashara stumble??

That was like a tiny step, I'm thinking the field is different from AT&T because Yuko was a little wobbly in the kickline. Maybe it's grass and not turf that they're used to?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

World class begins and ends with how they dance.

nobody really cares who they sleep with or what bars they go to. The organization has a weird, paternal obsession with it, but normal people do not.

Media cared when Whitney went to a Halloween party dressed as a black.

"World class" is so much more than just dance and these girls need to live it up to the title "world class" and not go to a over 21 bar when underage or date a player. As a part of a team with similar rules for 8 years I understand them completely and wouldn't complain or be surprised about a punishment worse than "a long break" or "probation". Kelli and Judy know best, they are longer with the team than I am alive and I don't believe that they will let anything "slide" or make a decision that will hurt the team.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

As an aside, I always have wondered why the ladies wear such short, tight little dresses for the interviews and first meeting. Yet the judges made a hairy deal over Kat's cut outs. The sexy outfits are expected on the stage, but why wear a glorified cocktail dress in a professional setting? 

Jeanne24, I think if any of these ladies wanted to be on the team, they would never drink or smoke during their off time and keep a million miles away from any night club. That, to me, is just common sense. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

Jeanne24, I think if any of these ladies wanted to be on the team, they would never drink or smoke during their off time and keep a million miles away from any night club. That, to me, is just common sense. 

I totally agree and I lived that so I know what I am talking about (But seriously, dancers that smoke and drink regularly... they lose their power and stamina with time so that is also another side to it).

The title "world class" wasn't given to the DCC when they were formed, it was achieved after a very long time and after very hard work by many generations. And sometimes girls don't realize that they must live up to that title and they take the title as a privilege which is totally wrong. Every generation should be as good and even better than the last one. Of course, any girl who cares about that and has a mindset like this won't do it. To me respecting and upholding your team’s reputation is normal behavior. I think Kelly and Judy have a good eye to see what a girl is really about as we have seen in the past.

• Love 4

IMO, wearing blackface is a bigger offense than club hopping at 20, and Whitney didn't get kicked off the team. Whitney was probably the equivalent of Jenna back in her day...joined very young and became point, marquee calendar girl, etc. Holly is one of the best dancers, but doesn't have that favored side from what I can tell.

That said, it seems like Whitney's misstep came from a place of ignorance and naivety, whereas Holly and/or Jenna are not first time offenders if the rumors are true. 

Not sure what my point is, exactly, because I'll be the first to say that I don't expect everyone to be treated the same and "fairly". It's not that kind of job. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, kalibean said:

IMO, wearing blackface is a bigger offense than club hopping at 20, and Whitney didn't get kicked off the team. Whitney was probably the equivalent of Jenna back in her day...joined very young and became point, marquee calendar girl, etc. Holly is one of the best dancers, but doesn't have that favored side from what I can tell.

That said, it seems like Whitney's misstep came from a place of ignorance and naivety, whereas Holly and/or Jenna are not first time offenders if the rumors are true. 

Not sure what my point is, exactly, because I'll be the first to say that I don't expect everyone to be treated the same and "fairly". It's not that kind of job. 

IMO Whitney had 2 strikes. The first one during panel interviews (her rookie season) with questionable FB pictures besides the black face pictures later on.

11 hours ago, hypeman said:

My mother has Spectrum (however, until recently it was Time Warner),  and she still has CMT.  On the lowest tier level too.  No doubt we got to keep it because of the recent transition. 

My condolences!

Same here. I have Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) and still have cmt.

• Love 5

As someone who deplores blackface minstrelsy, I was able to move past Whitney's Halloween costume because she really seemed to learn from the mistake and her costume was not designed to denigrate people of color, which is the root of blackface minstrelsy. She wanted to go as one of her favorite music artists. I'm not giving her a pass for her ignorance, mind you, but I do understand that many people are not raised to be aware of the racist history behind this part of our culture and I do think that she grew from this. Whitney to me is an example of someone who really matured and grew as a lady and an adult through her experience with the organization. They didn't just let her situation slide and she had to prove herself to get back in good graces, but I imagine that, at least at that point, there was nothing in the contract forbidding DCC from appearing in blackface in public. I'm sure they hadn't thought they needed to state that, of course, but my point is that it makes sense to me that violating a contract in public carries its own punishments that might be different from doing something stupid or ignorant that embarrasses the organization. 

• Love 6

I thought that Kelli making a big deal out of the caution tape bikini top was just being nitpicky. Now, if Whitney was drunk/obviously partying, that would be one thing. Wearing a caution tape bandeau and being silly? Not worth getting upset over. The Lil' Wayne costume was an eyebrow raiser. I do not think her intent was to hurt anyone. 

Edited by tinabee1967
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

IMO Whitney had 2 strikes. The first one during panel interviews (her rookie season) with questionable FB pictures besides the black face pictures later on.

Same here. I have Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) and still have cmt.

What did she say at the panel interview?

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

What did she say at the panel interview?

Whitney didn't say anything wrong.  Kelli found some pictures of her partying on FB and called her on it.. She said it looked like Whitney was having too much fun.

From Twitter; these are interesting outfits.

DGdxWbcXkAIACzG.jpg

Jinelle Esther‏ @DCC_Jinelle

A truly incredible privilege getting to honor Mr. Jones' induction! Looking forward to continuing the celebrations today!

What I would give to be that close to Justin Timberlake performing.

All this makes me think of is when they asked Erica who she would have lunch with and she got really sad about her dad, so they tried to cheer her up and asked what celebrity. So she said "hmmm.. maybe a little JT?!" 

Haha I mean it's not lunch, but a good musical snack for the ears and eyes. 

• Love 5
On 8/5/2017 at 3:10 PM, MrsEVH said:

From Twitter; these are interesting outfits.

DGdxWbcXkAIACzG.jpg

Jinelle Esther‏ @DCC_Jinelle

A truly incredible privilege getting to honor Mr. Jones' induction! Looking forward to continuing the celebrations today!

HOF - looks like the welcome for the private party for Mr Jones.  Since he got the famous "gold jacket" hence the gold dresses and gold poms. I love it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

It would have been hilarious if Holly would have shown up in JT's background dancer group!  (I don't know if he even has one).  Oh well

JT's dancers were awesome last time I saw him, she'd fit right in there! lol

26 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

It would have been hilarious if Holly would have shown up in JT's background dancer group!  (I don't know if he even has one).  Oh well

Kelli and Judy's reaction:

32-nodither.gif

Edited by bk10
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Camp dcc is for younger kiddos, not training camp. I got excited initially before I realized what you were talking about

Sorry for the confusion! I thought it would mean they were getting close to getting ready for game day!!! I would imagine they would know by the end of the week..don't you think?

14 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Sorry for the confusion! I thought it would mean they were getting close to getting ready for game day!!! I would imagine they would know by the end of the week..don't you think?

Not your problem. My problem for wrongly assuming. I would hope it would be finalized by the end of the week but I think this Holly thing has everything all messed up.

• Love 1