Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E00: Joseph's Wedding

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Mommy and Daddy are regional names. I’ve seen 50 year olds call their Dad Daddy.  Me, personally, I don’t think  I ever used those names once I got in grade school.

Why wasn’t the episode title Joseph and KENDRA’s wedding rather than Joseph's’ wedding? 

I liked Joseph writing  notes. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 10
Just now, SuzyLee said:

Oh, MEchelle.  Listen to this bitch, trying to sound like an actual mother, advising her son.  Ugh. 

She sounded like she blew a fuse in her brain. "Never go to, uh at night, you know never go to sleep, uh" I was yelling "DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON YOUR WRATH YOU IDIOT!!" or hell, how about don't go to bed pissed off. Jim Bob's advice, respect her, honor her. Oh yeah, don't get busted with whores.

• Love 23
17 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Mommy and Daddy are regional names. I’ve seen 50 year olds call their Dad Daddy.  Me, personally, I don’t think  I ever used those names once I got in grade school.

My 50 + year old sister in law still refers to her mother as "mommy".  I think it's creepy.  My mother would look at me side ways if I still did that at my age.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I can say with all sincerity, out of all the Duggars and Duggar adjacent,  Joe and Kendra seem like very pleasant people.  Exciting?  No, but very pleasant.

Yeah they're super boring but I wish them well. They seem really young to be married, yet not in a depressing way like with Joy. I hope they have a nice life and never have their own episode again. 

• Love 21

Now I know why JimBob is marrying off his kids so rapidly after post-Josh scandal. It's because these wedding episodes are the only time he and Michelle get so much face time and opportunity to pontificate to the audience again. It's all about them in these episodes and a chance to show off the younger kids since they don't have their old show.

Kendra's laugh is annoying.  And I started to fast forward when her dad started talking forever and it felt like a boring type talk I used to hear at church myself!

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

With all of pastor caldwell's religious BS I MIGHT have teared up as he gave his speech. I dont know what the hell is wrong with me.

Pastor Caldwell and his wife are way more relaxed and comfortable with Kendra than Jim Bob and Michelle are with any of their kids.

• Love 13

I call my parents Mommy and Daddy at 30 years old.  Anything else would feel weird and insincere.  It's definitely a preference/what feels right.  They'd be very confused if I reverted to anything else.

That being said, Kendra is so precious.  She seems like she'd be a lot to handle in big doses because she's just so sweet, but she seems very sincere and content with the world around her. 

• Love 13

Pastor Caldwell’s pre wedding speech should have been done at the reception.  First time I’ve ever heard a father give a pre wedding speech. However, he is funny.  I noticed he only had two sentences of advice for Kendra and whole lot of warnings for Joe.  What the heck is all this goofiness with the ring though. This is their one and only wedding. 

So, no ‘obey’ and no promise to have a million children.  Butterfly kisses during the two shall become 1 candle lighting? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

So much to snark about in this episode...

1- No way was Joy only 3 1/2 months pregnant unless there are multiple babies in there.
2- Kendra's laugh is REALLY annoying

3- All the excitement over their first kiss...No way are they ready for the wedding night.
4-Could her dad really not memorize his "Speech"? I found pulling out his phone tacky....

• Love 15

Joy went from a pretty (although messy) bride to a frump in 3 1/2 months.  Why the glasses, Joy.  And the awful shoes on everyone except Kendra, as well as Jana and Jinger.  Those two looked like they were from another place entirely, just so gorgeous.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, mjstrick said:

And.  This talk of first kiss always makes me laugh.  Do we all really think that's what they're soooo excited for?  First kiss 6 pm.  First sex.  8 pm.  Seriously.  

Joe done with first sex by 8:02 pm. Off to the prayer closet.

17 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

She was a total frump on the wedding day to be fair. 

And yeah....she looks really big for 3.5 months....I'm not buying it. Go Joy! haha

And jeebus TLC STOP TRYING TO MAKE BOOB AND MECHELLE HAPPEN. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Nope. No way she was in her first trimester. Joy, try girl, make a small effort for the love of Pete.

Oops one more thing. Justin is my hero (is that the kid's name?) Anywho...he says we are going to miss Joe, but not really he'll be right next door. Lol!!

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

Did anyone else think that Joy was holding her bouquet in a strategic place every chance she got?

YES!! I'm just saying she's probably going to have a "preemie"

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

Jana telling Joe she needed to touch him up a bit, would have been such a motherly moment for a mom to sorta baby her son for the last time before he's married off, presumably an adult man, however it lsadly looked fitting for Jana to do this. 

Jana might be the only one who legitimately cares.

• Love 16

Jana  might be the only one who legitimately cares.

The only time I saw Michelle with Joe was during the ‘advice to the groom’ talk. She was at the church early on because we saw Kendra greet her. Yet, we never saw her visit the Bride to say’welcome to the family’, or  ‘ are you nervous’?  

Jana appeared to be helping out the entire day.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I never paid much attention to the guys in the family, but I think Jason is really cute and looks like Kris Allen of American Idol.

One of them reminds me of Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles. I cannot tell the brothers apart. But the oldest one who isn’t Josh is checked the fuck out of his family (at least in some scenes they showed tonight). And I don’t blame him. 

• Love 8

Joy is either one of those who gains a ton of weight in all the wrong places or she and Austin better have a good announcement planned for their 12lb "preemie".     Speaking of pregnancy weight poor Anna, even her wrists looked swollen, I felt sorry for her having to stand up there the whole ceremony.  I'm sure they asked did she want to but I'm also sure that even if it was uncomfortable Anna is too "sweet" to tell them No.

Spotted Ben, Jer and Austin in a row behind Mechelle and JB but where was Derrick, was he even at the wedding?  

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

Jana telling Joe she needed to touch him up a bit, would have been such a motherly moment for a mom to sorta baby her son for the last time before he's married off, presumably an adult man, however it lsadly looked fitting for Jana to do this. 

And why did Wedding Planner Woman pin Jo’s boutonnière on him? Why not his Mot—-oh right. Nevermind!

• Love 5