Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E00: Joseph's Wedding

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, Barb23 said:

My sister's friends had "Yesterday" (Beatles)as their first dance years ago. Not quite a wedding song. And yes, the marriage ended in divorce.

My dad did wedding photography on the side in the 80's, and I've attended a number of weddings where the dance songs made no sense:

The One I Love by REM

Photographs And Memories by Jim Croce

November Rain by Guns N Roses (long divorced)

In To Dust by Stevie Nicks (or Fleetwood Mac - not sure - also long divorced)

Feeling Stronger Every Day by Chicago

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, Barb23 said:

I love, love, LOVE the Beatles, but

is not a wedding song:  "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.  Now it looks as though there here to stay - I believe in yesterday"

• Love 3
On 2/16/2018 at 11:16 AM, funky-rat said:

My dad did wedding photography on the side in the 80's, and I've attended a number of weddings where the dance songs made no sense:

The One I Love by REM

Photographs And Memories by Jim Croce

November Rain by Guns N Roses (long divorced)

In To Dust by Stevie Nicks (or Fleetwood Mac - not sure - also long divorced)

Feeling Stronger Every Day by Chicago

I've heard Billy Idol's White Wedding. Do people not know the lyrics?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, monkeypox said:

I've heard Billy Idol's White Wedding. Do people not know the lyrics?

The DJ played it at my wedding.  I shot him a look.  He said he was sorry and didn't think.  He said he just knew Billy Idol was on my list of singers I like.  But it wasn't my wedding song.  Our first dance was "Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel.  My husband doesn't dance, and I was instructed to pick a short song, so I chose the radio edit - it has one less verse, and is shorter.  If he were a good dancer, I would have chosen "Advice For The Young At Heart" by Tears For Fears.  Our wedding theme was "Once In A Lifetime" by Talking Heads.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Our first dance was "Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel.  My husband doesn't dance, and I was instructed to pick a short song, so I chose the radio edit - it has one less verse, and is shorter.  If he were a good dancer, I would have chosen "Advice For The Young At Heart" by Tears For Fears.  Our wedding theme was "Once In A Lifetime" by Talking Heads.

I love your taste!

15 hours ago, monkeypox said:

I love your taste!

"Once In A Lifetime" is so us.  It just is.  I couldn't tell you how many times we've said "Where does that highway go to?", and then just driven off.  We also never cared about the big car, big house, etc.  We were just happy to be wherever we found ourselves.  So many people back then (1994) told me I'd regret choosing that song.  Nope.  Don't regret it whatsoever.

"Advice For The Young At Heart" would have been my middle finger to his side of the family who tried their darndest to split us up, telling us we were too young (we were 21), that we needed to grow up, etc.  I love the lyrics.  Stuff like "And with hand of fate, I'll call your bluff.", and "When I think of you and all the love that's due, I'll make a promise, I'll make a stand.  'Cause to these big brown eyes it comes as no surprise.  We've got the whole wide world in our hands".  There's also an awesome John Lennon quote in the one verse (the one that starts "Love is a promise....".  I had the DJ play it - had to loan him my CD - but his family had stomped off in true dramatic fashion by that time.  It would have been lost on them anyway.

• Love 2

My dad and I danced to “You Light Up My Life” because I used to sing it when I was a toddler.  He thought “Sunrise, Sunset”was too cliche.  I really wanted to dance to “I Put A Spell On You” because we used to listen to that when I was little and I thought it was the funniest song ever.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2017 at 7:17 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Kendra's sister looks like one of the middle Bates girls.

YES!! When I first saw her on screen, I paused the show to look closer at her face and double check that it wasn't Josie Bates!