Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E00: Joseph's Wedding

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

For me a bit of consideration is accepting one's friends and relatives may need to wear glasses to see and not seeing them as frumpy or disturbing or "ruining photos."  I think I'd have been insulted if my kids thought I should remove my glasses so their wedding photos were not ruined or disrupted or made frumpy.  

As someone who wore glasses for much of my life, I'm with you; the notion that someone wearing glasses would 'ruin' a photo is appalling to me.  If the glasses-wearer prefers not to be photographed wearing them (like me), then he or she can take them off, but it is their choice.  For a bride to insist that no one in her bridal party wear glasses for fear of 'ruining' the photos goes into bridezilla territory for me; right up there with insisting everyone have the same hairstyle or that they all lose 10 lbs or get matching tatoos.

That being said, as a member of a wedding party, I do think Joy was obliged to look her best in support of her brother and his new wife and it wouldn't have killed her to look a little less frumpy on the day; though it's not the glasses that gave that impression.

**Note: I had Lasik 20 years ago and it was the best operation ever!  I had gotten to a point where my contacts bothered my eyes too much to wear them more than a couple hours at a time (had worn for a week at a time at one point) and I found glasses inconvenient, fogging up in cold weather and also my dogs at the time had a thing for them and tended to chew them up.  My eyes got corrected for both distance and reading and are still going strong.  Just saw my ophthalmologist who tells me he doesn't think I will need reading glasses until I am well into my 70's.  Go me!

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 24

I think the "take your glasses off for a picture  " bothers me because  I had a Dr. tell me without  my glasses I would  be legally  blind. So for me it would  be like telling  someone  with a physical  handicap  to remove  their braces or get out  of their wheelchair . I understand  this is an extreme reaction  but that would  be how I would  feel.  This is definitely  a ymmv.

• Love 24

I'm a -7.50 and -7.25..I am really nearsighted. I prefer to remove my glasses when a picture is being taken because I feel like my face and especially my eyes can't be seen properly. No one has ever asked me to remove them. I choose to do that myself. I prefer myself without glasses, but yes, my contact lenses aren't as comfortable for long periods of time as they used to be when I was younger...plus, I can't read with my contacts and can't get progressive ones due to astigmatism.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

All of them have contact lenses, including Michelle. They go to great lengths to not be photographed wearing glasses. I thought appearance wasn't important to them? Another contradiction...

I think Mechelle just has readers. The only times I've ever seen her wearing them was when she was looking at something. 

Pretty sure both Jill and Joy are wearing contacts; they're 20ish years too young for readers. I think I also remember a picture of Jana in glasses once, but don't quote me on it. Never seen Jessa or any of the boys in glasses. 

Jenni is only 10, a bit young for contact maintenance. She needs to be wearing her glasses for a couple more years. 

I was a -13.00 and a - 12.75 for more than 40 years until my cataract surgery (so too nearsighted for LASIK). I got contacts when I was 19 but could not wear them all the time, it never would have occurred to me to remove my glasses for photos, and I am offended at the suggestion. My vision was so bad that I was blind without them. Sorry if it bothers your perfect fake vision of your photos, Bridezilla (not aimed at anyone specific here). I think this is a slippery slope and absolutely see it as akin to asking someone to get up out of their wheelchair or put down their crutches for pictures. Your photos should be about the people you love as those people exist, and if they need assistive devices to see, hear, walk, whatever, you suck it up and love them as they are. Sorry for the OT but this gets on my very last nerve.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 20

My one daughter's now FIL tried and tried to find non-orthopedic footwear for their wedding  She told him to quit being silly and wear his normal shoes.  He did get a new pair for the wedding.  Sometimes people just can't accommodate some ideas of what people think should be done.  I was fortunate to be able to find flats I could tolerate for an hour.  At the reception they were history.  Michelle's sons and daughters may care more about her comfort than which shoes she has on her feet.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think the "take your glasses off for a picture  " bothers me because  I had a Dr. tell me without  my glasses I would  be legally  blind. So for me it would  be like telling  someone  with a physical  handicap  to remove  their braces or get out  of their wheelchair . 

It isn't "like' that. It is that. 

• Love 19

My MIL was a believer in removing our glasses for pictures, until she aged some.  I'm happy to wear them, and I think they look good!  I choose frames to specifically hide my under-eye bags.  So to me, they make me look younger.  I don't really care if anyone else thinks so!

• Love 10

So, anyway, now that we know everyone's eye prescription, chiming in late on the episode since I finally had time alone to watch without my headship around!  

I thought the ruffle being ironed on initially, and then "unraveling" and needing to be hastily re-sewn was a poor advertisement for Ms. Renee and her dressmaking services! 

Kendra absolutely seemed like a child.  Truly a little girl, with a frequent, tittering giggle.  But honestly, her life wasn't going anywhere else, so she may as well get married to a nice boy like Joe rather than spend it in servitude at home.

I find the euphemisms hilarious.  Like, "I've waited 22 years to...kiss."  What are you looking forward to most?  "The kiss".  Ha.  "In just a few hours, we'll finally....kiss."  Yes, we all know what you REALLY mean, Joe!!!

And, it was interesting that he is 22 and has lived in the boys' dorm all these years (except maybe that brief stint at Clown).  Literally going from the communal boys' room to being a headship of his own home.  It seems so demeaning for a 22 yr old man.  I liked how he said it would be "a different change" to move out...."but I won't mind it too much."  Yes, I'm sure he won't mind a bit!!

The absolute adoration between her and her "daddy" made me a bit uncomfortable.  Maybe it's just me, since I'm not at all close with my father and would never be openly affectionate like that.  But all of the over the top "I LOOOOOOOVE YOU's", her asking him to kiss her, etc was just too much for me.  Maybe that's typical of other people though and it's my own personal discomfort!

Pastor Caldwell seemed to love being the center of attention, hearing himself talk, and seemed quite pleased with his performance.  He reminds me of Jeremy in that way.  

And Josiah looked terrible.  I feel so bad for him.  He seemed like a greasy, balding, paunchy old man, in his 20's (?) with nothing going on in life.  I could imagine him sitting on a rickety porch, toothless, drinking moonshine.  Sad!  

• Love 7
On 10/23/2017 at 11:51 PM, woodscommaelle said:

One of them reminds me of Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles. I cannot tell the brothers apart. But the oldest one who isn’t Josh is checked the fuck out of his family (at least in some scenes they showed tonight). And I don’t blame him. 

For real. JD and Jana both look like they're this close to sneaking out of the TTH and flying to another country in JD's plane, because that's how done those two are with this freak show of a family. And Joseph is a far more patient man than I ever will be, because if one of my groomsmen had pulled the same stunt Josiah did with the rings, he'd have to duck my flying bouquet.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

Michelle's sons and daughters may care more about her comfort than which shoes she has on her feet.  

They can wear their hair any style, wear glasses, be big or small  but if you're an attendant in someone's wedding, please wear clean nice shoes.

ETA: I had a friend who wouldn't let her sister be in her wedding because she was fat and would ruin the pictures.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

They can wear their hair any style, wear glasses, be big or small  but if you're an attendant in someone's wedding, please wear clean nice shoes.

ETA: I had a friend who wouldn't let her sister be in her wedding because she was fat and would ruin the pictures.

I need to get another pair of fancy shoes...Had a semi-formal event to go to yesterday so I got fairly glammed up, only to realize, ten minutes before heading out of the door that my one pair of formal shoes, which I hadn't worn in three or four years, had stiffened up so much that I'd be in agony wearing them for half an hour, let alone all evening. So I put on a pair of not-entirely-ratty, but rather clunky sandals which matched my outfit color-wise and called it a day. I was wearing palazzo pants which came down over my feet, since the heel on the sandals was a bit shorter, so I'm hoping no-one noticed or cared. I'm not shoe-conscious at all, so it never really occurs to me to look at people's feet, but all you guys have made me realize that there are probably people out there glaring at my feet in disapproval. 

I did take off my glasses for pictures, though, because I'm a bit vain that way :)

This all makes me think of something I read a couple of weeks ago (not here, I don't think...probably facebook). It was a Dear Abby or similar letter, where the mother of the bride, even though she loved her daughter's best friend, would not allow her to be in the wedding party because she walked with a limp (I think it was a mild cerebral palsy or something), and wanted to know how to make her daughter see reason, because the friend would "ruin" the wedding photos. Of course, the advice columnist told her exactly what she thought of that!!

• Love 13

My friend saw that limping story!  I feel it was Dear Prudence.

I do tend to notice feet but it would have to be really outre for me to pay any attention, like the guy the other day who dressed all in black, clearly for some type of mailroom/standing on feet all day long job, and donned... cushy white sweat socks with those black Velcro-shower shoes-type of sandals.  His pants rode up to about mid-shin and looked ridiculous.  Also things like the lady walking along in pumps with one-inch slits at the outside... though hers, I figured she came up with because her feet swell or similar, it was only shocking at first because I feared she had somehow been secretly attacked with a box cutter.  

Most people in the world are truly impervious to anything below someone's neck, and sometimes not even then - I learned this when I had a walking cast and had to take public transportation around New York City.  It wasn't even winter and I looked like I was wearing a ski boot, but I wished for the one they hand the kids, with the colorful dinosaurs on them.  Maybe also strings of flashing Christmas lights.  The amount of people who tripped over my foot, stepped millimeters away from my foot, failed to let me sit on the subway or even look at me, asked me to move my offensive foot out of their way, were legion.  So I bet almost nobody noticed.  That prohibition against something like showing up with bitten nails at a job interview being a turn-off, because then they'll realize you're a nervous nitwit?  That one frankly made me doubt the veracity of any advice in the cottage industry of job-hunting as more than snake oil, because I've always bitten my nails to the quick and it's never stopped me from getting any job that I know of.  It's even been broached casually (in a "since I chomp my nails" manner to coworkers of long standing), and every one of them remarked, "I never even noticed."

• Love 3
15 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

That's so sad.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:21 AM, floridamom said:

All of them have contact lenses, including Michelle. They go to great lengths to not be photographed wearing glasses. I thought appearance wasn't important to them? Another contradiction...

How do you know that? Is there any proof to that claim?

• Love 1

Okay. I have a great relationship with my dad. Further, dad/daughter moments at weddings are pretty much what get me teary and swiping frantically at my eyes, ie: walking down the aisle and father/daughter dances despite the abysmal songs. But yeeesh. Kendra and her dad were too much. Kiss me Daddy! I love you Daddy! Paired with that giggle (I know she can't help it, still..) but it just screamed how freaking young and childlike she is. That said, her dad is handsome as hell and I liked when he said "If I fall, keep walking to Joe" ha. 

She is just so young. Even Joy seemed more self-sufficient. Watching this couple just truly saddens me. To go from your father's headship to a dude you barely know. You're all alone and you're running a house and paying bills...holy shit. All that said, there's a kindness that radiates from Kendra and I hope the best. Man this wedding just depressed me unlike the others.

Freaking Butterfly Kisses? W-T-F.  Those huddles with the parents are just too freaking much. So cringeworthy and awkward. The ring pranks are NOT funny. And it's not because I think weddings are so sacred or something, it's just these particular pranks aren't charming like the Duggars think they are. Also LOL at Jim Bob and Michelle's advice. One of the best advice I ever got was to ignore all the "don't go to bed angry" advice and to go to bed angry. If you wake up and you're still pissed in the morning, bring it up again. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, The Ascension said:

Okay. I have a great relationship with my dad. Further, dad/daughter moments at weddings are pretty much what get me teary and swiping frantically at my eyes, ie: walking down the aisle and father/daughter dances despite the abysmal songs. But yeeesh. Kendra and her dad were too much. Kiss me Daddy! I love you Daddy! Paired with that giggle (I know she can't help it, still..) but it just screamed how freaking young and childlike she is. That said, her dad is handsome as hell and I liked when he said "If I fall, keep walking to Joe" ha. 

She is just so young. Even Joy seemed more self-sufficient. Watching this couple just truly saddens me. To go from your father's headship to a dude you barely know. You're all alone and you're running a house and paying bills...holy shit. All that said, there's a kindness that radiates from Kendra and I hope the best. Man this wedding just depressed me unlike the others.

Freaking Butterfly Kisses? W-T-F.  Those huddles with the parents are just too freaking much. So cringeworthy and awkward. The ring pranks are NOT funny. And it's not because I think weddings are so sacred or something, it's just these particular pranks aren't charming like the Duggars think they are. Also LOL at Jim Bob and Michelle's advice. One of the best advice I ever got was to ignore all the "don't go to bed angry" advice and to go to bed angry. If you wake up and you're still pissed in the morning, bring it up again. 

Thanks for that! Mr. Jyn has a tendency to clam up when he gets peeved, so it's sometimes a bit of a process to figure out what I did wrong. And once he finally lets me know, I typically cry (I'm a crier...I hate that, and so does he, but I can't help it, even when I know it's just going to upset him more) either because I feel really guilty and try to apologize, but he hates apologies, or because I feel as though he's just being unfair because I didn't do anything to warrant him getting pissed off about. After a couple of days he gets over it, and life goes on. Which isn't exactly the same dynamic as you are talking about, and I know there are probably healthier ways to disagree than our typical pattern, but it's nice to know that not everyone subscribes to the "never go to bed angry" philosophy.

• Love 9

Michelle has been photographed wearing glasses, so has Jana, Jill, Jessa, Joy and one of the older 4 little girls...there was an episode where Michelle played 'mommy ' and took I think Jennifer to the eye doctor to pick up her glasses. I also think some of the older boys have been in photos with them on too.

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@duggarfan, if you read down thread, I posted a list of Duggars observed wearing glasses over the years.

Joy did have on a pair of glasses in this episode, plus I remember there being a 19K&C episode when Mechelle took Jenny to the eye doctor to get a pair of glasses, since it apparently took her up until Jenny was 6-7 to realize that she was squinting a lot when she would do her school work.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lexington11 said:

Joy did have on a pair of glasses in this episode, plus I remember there being a 19K&C episode when Mechelle took Jenny to the eye doctor to get a pair of glasses, since it apparently took her up until Jenny was 6-7 to realize that she was squinting a lot when she would do her school work.

I feel bad for Jenny, I feel like she usually gets neglected. I am curious for when she realizes she could thrive in a different situation.

Edited by LeslieYep
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@duggarfan, if you read down thread, I posted a list of Duggars observed wearing glasses over the years.

I know many of the Duggar's wear glasses, So do I, but not all the time. I'd never wear contacts, though, because I can't stand to see my finger coming at my own eye. Contacts wearers are faaaaar braver than I!!

What I was wondering was how you (or anyone, not necessarily you in particular) know the Duggars wear contacts and go to great lengths not to be photographed wearing glasses. I'm particularly curious because many of them have been repeatedly photographed wearing glasses.   

I've never claimed any of them wear contacts, but assume Jill, Joy, and Jana might seeing as they've all been pictured multiple times in glasses. I tried to find the IG post on the Seewald lawn in which Joy and Jana were both wearing glasses in the same shot. I surmised that Mechelle wears readers based on her age. The one I'm surprised I haven't seen in glasses yet is Boob. I mean, I do have a friend in her early 60's who just started using readers, so it's certainly possible he doesn't use them, but then again, have we ever seen him read anything? 

Again, just age-based. I didn't need readers myself until I hit 50, which I understand is about 5 years past average. 

Or maybe he has really good eyes. We've never seen Grandma Mary in specs, but she could also be wearing contacts. 

I just know that when it's time for me to wear glasses full-time, just write me a script and I'll pick out some kicky frames. No way I'm doing contacts, ever. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The one I'm surprised I haven't seen in glasses yet is Boob. I mean, I do have a friend in her early 60's who just started using readers, so it's certainly possible he doesn't use them, but then again, have we ever seen him read anything?

Oh my Lord - I was laughing way too much about Boob reading anything!!! Thank you for the much needed laugh!

I do wonder what, if any of the Duggars, read in their spare time?

Whack Job Weekly?

Duggar's Digest?

Pretty sure Jana is reading the latest n greatest in sewing hacks because she has cheap sisters who select cheaply made and/or unfinished bridesmaid dresses. Why Jill bought such "short dresses" for her wedding is beyond me.  Why not keep searching until you find something else that fits your modesty checklist?!?! I do understand the bulk of the budget goes for designer ragweed, bales of hay and wildflowers pulled from a field, bags of chips and pickles for the "reception."

Come to think of it, it is sad to think about the lack of reading because if anyone picked up a book, they'd learn SO many other adjectives to describe events other than:

-neat

-special

That is all I have on my list of Duggar Adjectives. Suggestions please!

Lastly, as another person posted, let's give a giant shout out to Kendra's family for serving real food that was warm/sliced/carved/served in chafing dishes AND required serving utensils!!

Edited by Bridget
additional snarkiness
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I've never claimed any of them wear contacts, but assume Jill, Joy, and Jana might seeing as they've all been pictured multiple times in glasses. I tried to find the IG post on the Seewald lawn in which Joy and Jana were both wearing glasses in the same shot. I surmised that Mechelle wears readers based on her age. The one I'm surprised I haven't seen in glasses yet is Boob. I mean, I do have a friend in her early 60's who just started using readers, so it's certainly possible he doesn't use them, but then again, have we ever seen him read anything? 

Again, just age-based. I didn't need readers myself until I hit 50, which I understand is about 5 years past average. 

Or maybe he has really good eyes. We've never seen Grandma Mary in specs, but she could also be wearing contacts. 

I just know that when it's time for me to wear glasses full-time, just write me a script and I'll pick out some kicky frames. No way I'm doing contacts, ever. 

I wear glasses for distance, but my eyes are not so bad that I need them all the time, so I only tend to wear them for driving or watching TV, and if I DO have them on I take them off for eating, reading, or anything else at all close. Somehow I've managed to get by without readers so far, but at 58, I have the feeling they are starting to creep up on me. There are days that my eyes get a bit tired after a lot of reading or etc. So it may be that they just have weaker prescriptions and whether they are wearing the glasses at any given time is just kinda hit-or-miss.

I wore contacts on and off in my 20's & 30's, but they just got to be more of a hassle than they were worth. Plus, once I started being able to see the lines around my eyes clearly in contacts that didn't seem as noticeable (at least to me) behind glasses, I just defaulted to the latter. And, of course, seeing myself in the mirror with no corrective lenses of any sort means that everything is just pleasantly blurry and I can remain in the delusion that I still more or less look the way I did 20 years ago :)

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I wear glasses for distance, but my eyes are not so bad that I need them all the time, so I only tend to wear them for driving or watching TV, and if I DO have them on I take them off for eating, reading, or anything else at all close. Somehow I've managed to get by without readers so far, but at 58, I have the feeling they are starting to creep up on me. There are days that my eyes get a bit tired after a lot of reading or etc.

I am so happy to read this! I only need glasses for distance too. I hate wearing them when I eat because it makes the food seem too close to me. I know that sounds weird and my family gently teases me about that. I don't know if you feel that way too, but it is nice to know that I am not the only person who takes their glasses off to eat.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

You're right. It was @floridamom who wrote, "All of them have contact lenses, including Michelle. They go to great lengths to not be photographed wearing glasses. I thought appearance wasn't important to them? Another contradiction..."

I also agree with you that I ain't puttin' nothin' in my eye - except eye drops! Shiver!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

I am so happy to read this! I only need glasses for distance too. I hate wearing them when I eat because it makes the food seem too close to me. I know that sounds weird and my family gently teases me about that. I don't know if you feel that way too, but it is nice to know that I am not the only person who takes their glasses off to eat.

I just do it out of habit and never thought of there being anything strange about it. Though it has been kind of funny, occasionally, if I am in a situation where paperwork is being signed/filled out, etc, I'm usually the only one taking her glasses off while everyone else puts theirs on!

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, Mitzi.B said:

Does anyone know what Joe is doing for a living now that he is married?  Where are they living?  Are they going to take the mold house over from Jessa and Ben? That must be getting old for Jim Slob to be housing and financing all the married couples.  When does it ever end?  I think Austin is the only one with marketable skills to earn money?

Isn't it enough that he's a servant of the Most High Jim Bob?

• Love 5

I wear glasses for distance, but my eyes are not so bad that I need them all the time, so I only tend to wear them for driving or watching TV, and if I DO have them on I take them off for eating, reading, or anything else at all close. Somehow I've managed to get by without readers so far, but at 58, I have the feeling they are starting to creep up on me. There are days that my eyes get a bit tired after a lot of reading or etc.

Well, I am 5 years older than you, and I am the same way.  I tried lineless trifocals, and I still feel the need to take them off most of the time.  I do need them for distance as I cannot read street signs without them and I use them when we go to a play or the movies.  We have a large screen tv so I don't need them to watch it, but I have to use them with the smaller tv especially to read any captions or show descriptions.

I totally missed this episode, but having read all about it, I almost feel as though I have seen it except I have no idea what a butterfly kiss is.

JImBob seems willing to have his boys marry when they are 20ish so I would think 2019 and 2020 could see the next 4 get married if my time line is correct.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I just do it out of habit and never thought of there being anything strange about it. Though it has been kind of funny, occasionally, if I am in a situation where paperwork is being signed/filled out, etc, I'm usually the only one taking her glasses off while everyone else puts theirs on!

Same here! I also take them off to eat as well.

• Love 1

I only mentioned Joy's glasses because it seemed like a totally new look for Joe's wedding:  worse hair,  hideous shoes, pushed out stomach and heavy dark frames with the pastel bridesmaid dress.  She just looked like "look at poor, uncomfortably pregnant me, still being your bridesmaid" Miss Martyr thing.  No problem with wearing glasses for pictures or not.  She just looked like she wanted to look bad.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  The Duggars offend all of us enough.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Mitzi.B said:

You forgot:

- precious

- surreal

Thanks! Also, how could I have forgotten this other gem that I'm willing to be Joy and Austin don't even know the definition of?

-epic

We all know they don't even know what an epic poem is because they didn't read/study "The Odyssey" in Meechelle's Jana's home school curriculum.

• Love 3

I'm 66 and I have "driving glasses" but I'm legal to drive without them. I wear them pretty much only if I'm in an unfamiliar area or in bad weather. I work in healthcare and I didn't need readers until two years ago when I ICD-10 came out; the font in that coding book is just two damn small!  So I keep cheaters at the office. I don't need them anywhere else. 

No contacts EVER.  I'm a wienie. :)

1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I could say "count yourself lucky", but I'll just leave this here instead:

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bobcarlisle/butterflykisses.html

Okay, so butterfly kisses are with your eyelashes and there is a country song about it. Who knew?  Well, obviously a lot of people.  And they played it when ???? in the middle of the wedding service?  not for daughter-father dance?  I guess it is okay for the dance, although I am more of a "Sunrise, sunset" type of gal.   I guess it is just as well I missed this as I really just cannot stand the Duggar parents at all. 

• Love 2
On 11/5/2017 at 8:59 PM, LeslieYep said:

I feel bad for Jenny, I feel like she usually gets neglected. I am curious for when she realizes she could thrive in a different situation.

I feel for her too, because that scene in the bridal shop was heartbreaking. I've never seen a kid her age (9-10ish?) react with those tears to seeing her older sister get married. It's clear that Joy has been more of a mother figure to Jenny than her real mother has.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:45 PM, QuinnInND said:

The only reason to remove your glasses for a picture is because of the reflection of the flash. Other than that. No. 

That's the only reason I remove mine for a photo, because I look absolutely horrible with the flash reflecting off them.

• Love 7
On 23/10/2017 at 10:10 PM, flyingdi said:

Pastor Caldwell and his wife are way more relaxed and comfortable with Kendra than Jim Bob and Michelle are with any of their kids.

Not a hard thing to surpass if you ask me.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Twopper said:

Okay, so butterfly kisses are with your eyelashes and there is a country song about it. Who knew?  Well, obviously a lot of people.  And they played it when ???? in the middle of the wedding service?  not for daughter-father dance?  I guess it is okay for the dance, although I am more of a "Sunrise, sunset" type of gal.   I guess it is just as well I missed this as I really just cannot stand the Duggar parents at all. 

It was covered by a few people including a Christian music group. Not sure which version they played, since I don't watch. 

Edited by Temperance