Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Gentleman's Name is Gorgon

No, nope, no, no way, you do not kill off one of the 2 best characters.  Especially in a random, pointless way.  What about the miners turned soldiers - were they also killed when Gorgon decided to bring the building down on his head?  

I'm probably going to skip the final 2 episodes and decide whether to watch them later based on the synopsis.

You know guys plotting against Maximus - he's not paranoid if you really are out to get him.  And maybe you shouldn't plot when the guy you want to kill is sitting 10 ft away. 

All of the human characters seem like such a waste - drag them into your random running around the island then just dump them because no humans allowed in Atilan.  The surfer militia, the drug dealers, rocket girl, stupid boyfriend and his even dumber ex - total wastes of time.  Definitely see how someone had the idea for 1 long epic movie, and then went shit we need to pad this out for 8 episodes.  This should have been a 4 episode miniseries at most.  I did feel a little bad for the ex girlfriend vet - she patches up weird alien dog, gives perfectly reasonable advice that injured alien dog needs rest, and is treated like she's the evil villain.

This episode may have been the worst one yet - I can't think of a single redeeming moment.  Oh, wait, it had Karnak walking up to the building hoping he wouldn't get shot and succeeding because the people inside assume he must have a plan if he's just walking up calmly.  And Gorgon *sniff* giving him a pep talk.  Medusa was slightly less awful this week, but Black Bolt made up for it.  And I really believe none of his closest friends/relatives/advisers have bothered to learn any of his sign language and have to stand there staring at Medusa until she translates.

Yep, they finally lost me this week.

• Love 10

They killed two canon main Inhumans? I get Triton, since nobody gives a crap about water-breathing characters (current thought on Aquaman from Justice League: "Trying WAY too hard"). But Gorgon?!? I'm know that a reset button would be big-time cheating, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets hit. Maybe Black Bolt screams so hard, he propels himself around Earth so fast, he goes back in time.

I'm not that annoyed by the show, but the new Thor movie is next week, and Inhumans is going to look weak next to it. I know, huge difference between TV and movies, but it's true. There was supposed to be an Inhumans movie (with Vin Diesel as Black Bolt, I heard), but we got this instead. Maybe it wouldn't be unimpressive with a bigger budget and more-skilled actors.

In the comics, does Black Bolt use his powers beyond just making a sound and making things go boom? The "ultimate power/ultimate damage" thing is compelling, but I'd want him to use his powers in a smaller way. If that means giving him the canon tuning fork on his head, I'd be good with it. Lockjaw doesn't need his, since it's a mark on his head. Oh and he's still cute, and I'd totally want him to go on AoS. I wouldn't want him on the Netflix series or Runaways because I don't use subscription services. I will say that a Lockjaw/Old Lace meeting would be fun, if the two series share a universe.

I'm also good with Maximus, but I get my "sinister paranoid" fix from Oswald/Penguin on Gotham. Is the kid supposed to be a downgraded Ulysses from Civil War II?

• Love 3

Le Sigh... They went and killed the black guy... It was bad enough the only one cast like at all was a big strong buvk who was more emotion than brain... But then they have him sacrifice himself so all the other nobles can feel pain... But ultimately succeed...  As I said before.... Le Sigh

• Love 12

Best part was the finale scene, even if it felt more like an advertisement then an actual scenes, and features a bunch of characters that don't seem connected to this show, but are way more interesting and better acted.  Whoops, sorry, that was the Thor: Ragnarok trailer!  Still stand by what I just typed!

I foolishly still find myself surprised that whenever they decided to "surprisingly" kill off a main character, no one in the writers' room pauses and goes "Hey, don't you think that killing our lone black character could be a bad idea?"  Is that really still a thing?  It's not even shocking at this point.  Black Bolt dying: now, that would have been shocking and kind of interesting to see how the rest handle this.  But this isn't going to change anything.  Of course, we'll see if it actually sticks, but for now, it was eye-rolling at best.

Hope that is the end of "Marvel's attempt at Felicity Smoak" and "Hawaii's Number One Fan Dude" time on this show.  Sadly, I doubt that.  But that Angela character was even worse, somehow.  What a useless, annoying moron.

Mordis continues to be the most ineffective "badass" of all time.  Why am I suppose to be scared of him, again?

I don't care anymore: I'm Team Max all the away.  Yes, he's a tyrant, but everyone else is either just as bad or stupid, and I'm all for just watching Iwan Rheon devour the scenery like he's the bad guy from a lost Power Rangers' episode.

Other then that... um, seriously: Thor: Ragnarok looks awesome!!!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7

I feel like this episode was pointless.  So boring.  The only part that tickled me was that last week I was complaining that Crystal should have been using her powers to send up a beacon of fire.  And this week, she's apparently so dumb that the Surfer Farmer Himbo actually suggested to her that she make a fire signal or water vortex.  Haha.  The character of Crystal is such a disappointment considering her power in the comics.

During episode 6 of an 8 episode limited series, a lot more should be happening.  I'll stick through to the end.  This series has been called one of the worst shows on fall TV, so I'm assuming there's very little chance of it coming back.  Too bad, they could have done so much more with it.

• Love 5

Pardon my shouty cursing, but this show is BULLSHIT. Why is the completely sane vet being treated like crap when those two overly helpful (and stupid) humans would be slaves buried alive in a mine by the Royals if they were unlucky enough to live on the moon? This show is so bad. It's a human rights violation sponsored by Marvel. 

I 100% do not understand how anyone who wrote this travesty thought the Royals were in any way the good guys. They are assholes. Sister princess proved she was related to Medusa by her sheer horridness to any human helping her who she doesn't want to sleep with. Plus, she was actively trying to kill her beloved dog by making him transport her and her booty call all over Hawaii while he's injured.

I'm still on Team Maximus. Sure, he murdered a guy, but he's still far less heinous than the rest of the Royal family and he's at least talking about the unfairness of the system rather than blatantly exploiting it. 

God, I hate this show. I keep hoping the Royal family gets vaporized in space by the final episode.

• Love 9

Somewhere near the beginning, Crystal gets led by the nose to the realization that her powers could be used to signal the others. It's not till the 45 minute mark that she does it. To misquote the Buffy musical episode: "I think this ep's mostly filler".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Zanne said:

I'm still on Team Maximus. Sure, he murdered a guy, but he's still far less heinous than the rest of the Royal family and he's at least talking about the unfairness of the system rather than blatantly exploiting it.

I don't even consider Maximus heinous, the writers are TERRIBLE at giving the viewers any reason to root against him all, even his so called "bad acts" have either been against those actively supporting the caste system or plotting against him. He murdered a guy and a bunch of other people who were, ya know, OUT TO MURDER HIM, and were pretty blatant about it too. I don't consider self defense heinous at all.

If they were going to kill anybody off it should have been Karnak. That guy is just too powerful to stick around, his ability to perfectly predict outcomes means that either has to stay nerfed like with his head injury or he has to die. It's typical they'd get rid of the one Inhuman that almost everybody seems to like and is actually competent and a decent person. What's next? Is Lockjaw going to teleport himself inside a wall or something?

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, janeta said:

Maybe i missed it—do we know what happened to Mordis? Did he get away?

We are lead to believe he died with Gorgon who if he had no superpowers did the equivalent of calling in an air strike on himself

Medusa, shaddap you face! You suddenly want a fair legal system while being a bigot who is in favor of a repressive caste system. Where was this yearning for equality and justice during the past 20 years? Where was this feeling when Inhumans were being forced into brutal bondage and servitude.

7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I foolishly still find myself surprised that whenever they decided to "surprisingly" kill off a main character, no in the writers' room pauses and goes "Hey, don't you think that killing our lone black character could be a bad idea?"  Is that really still a thing?  It's not even shocking at this point.  Black Bolt dying: now, that would have been shocking and kind of interesting to see how the rest handle this.  But this isn't going to change anything.  Of course, we'll see if it actually sticks, but for now, it was eye-rolling at best.

The Black guy. At this point, I've only got a shrug in me for the sheer ineptitude of this show. They kill their lone Black character and I can't even be mad because it's par for the course. 

I don't care anymore: I'm Team Max all the away.  Yes, he's a tyrant, but everyone else is either just as bad or stupid, and I'm all for just watching Iwan Rheon devour the scenery like he's the bad guy from a lost Power Rangers' episode.

The writing is still so terrible that it's hard to be on any other side but his. His motivations are still fairly reasonable, but I don't think the writers realize that yet.

• Love 6

Jesus, this show is bad.

I'll accept that two cops will show up to look for a giant alien dog because this universe had been invaded or attacked by aliens, robots, and all kinds of other crazy stuff. But what exactly did the very hope to accomplish, she had literally seen the dog transport away in the blink of an eye. Did she just expect them to sit in the barn and say, well, golly, you caught us? Her whole reaction was "but, but, they were here, I swear!". I was on vet girls side since she at least wanted to protect the dog, but she is just too stupid for words now.

Speaking of her watching them teleport, did anyone else notice last episode how she just kept starting at one fixed location, as Lockjaw, teen girl, and bro guy were sucked into the portal or whatever they use to teleport? Her eyes didn't follow them at all, horrible direction.

A few other comments on this series-

For a race that believes it really needs to keep its existence on the moon a secret, they seem very willing to tell every human they meet that they are from the moon. It's like the first thing out of their mouths.I

Do inhumans have some inherent power of attraction?  Surfer/mercenaries(who conveniently keep a stockpile of illegal,automatic weapons with them while their surfing) are will to die for Gorgon because...?  Pot girl immediately decides to bang kinda average looking face tattoo guy who does nothing but act confused and may very well be crazy, because...? Fauxlicity committed to helping a woman who kidnapped her at laser point and treated her like shot because...? And, yeah, Crystal is cute, but bro guy appears to be an adult, and she looks like she could be 16, and acts like she is 13. I would definitely ask how old she is before proceeding .....

"We better tie up Mordis..." Yes, you should. But maybe in a way that he can't easily lift his face mask, since that is the only way he can harm you. Idk, hands behind his back maybe?

And if we really needed anymore confirmation that this group was a bunch of assholes, Karnack nonchalantly reveals to Gordon that he wad lying to Mordis, and that he really immediately wanted to 'put him down".

Edited by moonshine71
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Raja said:

We are lead to believe he died with Gorgon who if he had no superpowers did the equivalent of calling in an air strike on himself

That’s what I was hoping. 

My 'head-bang-on-desk' moment from this week's episode (as interpreted in my mind)...

(Scene: Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak and Louise are standing by the parked car.)
Black Bolt: ------
Medusa: Black Bolt says that we have to split up. Gorgon and Karnak, you go fight Auran, Mordis and the other Inhumans.  Black Bolt and I will go find my sister. 
Louise: And me!
Karnak: But, my queen, Gorgon is a great warrior, but he does not have any powers. And my power is impaired by my head injury. Right now, Black Bolt has the best chance of defeating Mordis.
Medusa: Yes, but you two are expendable while we are not. Crystal must be rescued. Although she can control the elements and has Lockjaw, she might be susceptible to falling for some inferior human male.
Gorgon (to himself): I'm doomed.

My LOL moment from this week's episode...

(Scene: Black Bolt, Medusa and Louise are sitting in the parked car, while lightning intermittently lights up the sky.)
Louise: Let me check on this map where we - oh, look at that pretty lightning!
Medusa: Stop looking at the sky and pay attention. We have to find Crystal!
Louise: Sorry. Does your sister have any powers that could help us find her?
Medusa: She controls the elements and can create weather disturbances like tornados, typhoons, thunderstorms, and so on.
Louise: Cool. Okay, so here we are on the map - wow, that was a big lightning strike!
Black Bolt: ----- (points frantically at the lightning)
Medusa: Just a moment, dear. We're trying to find Crystal.

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the island...

SandyCrystal: Oh DannyDave, is this the end?
DannyDave: No SandyCrystal. It’s only the beginning.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

And if we really needed anymore confirmation that this group was a bunch of assholes, Karnack nonchalantly reveals to Gordon that he wad lying to Mordis, and that he really immediately wanted to 'put him down".

And another example of 'when a royal family member hits the 'shitty power' jackpot": instead of spending the rest of his life locked away with a muzzle on, Black Bolt is instead made king. Gosh, wonder why anyone would want to overthrow that system! (And as far as we know(?), Mortis didn't actually kill anyone first - while Bolt killed his own parents, the current royals!)

• Love 6
On 10/27/2017 at 10:20 PM, athelyna said:

Medusa was slightly less awful this week, but Black Bolt made up for it.

And Crystal.  The vet girl helped heal Lockjaw, but Crystal treated her like garbage, like the entitled princess that she is.  Then later, she has to be told how to use her powers to signal the others (who are also so dumb they nearly fail to notice it).  

How can they kill Gorgon?  It's bad enough they kill Triton, now they kill Gorgon?  WHY?  Is he costing too much money by running through too many pairs of hooves?  Makes no sense.  No sense.

I would also like to see Lockjaw on Agents of Shield, maybe Daisy could borrow him for awhile.  For some reason I'd like to see Coulson and Lockjaw interacting.

With this show, bad reviews for Iron Fist (I actually liked Iron Fist), and tepid reactions to The Defenders, Marvel doesn't seem quite as bulletproof as they once did, do they?

• Love 3

Agents of GEEK Podcast Episode 92
Posted on 10/28/2017  Craig Wack & Tatiana Torres
http://agentsofgeekpodcast.com/wordpress/

-- Craig and Tatiana finally learned that the blonde woman who they called "FelicityLite" last week was actually named Louise, so from now on they're going to call her "Louicity."

-- Tatiana liked this episode generally but she really didn't like the way Crystal is being portrayed as "way too airheaded... that's not the way she's supposed to be." Craig asked: "If you could control the elements, then why would you want to go back to a dead rock?"

That brings up an interesting question: If Crystal has lived her entire life inside a closed, climate-controlled building on the moon, then how would she even know about lightning, or how to create lightning or use any of the natural elements?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
On 10/27/2017 at 7:53 PM, Lantern7 said:

In the comics, does Black Bolt use his powers beyond just making a sound and making things go boom?

He does; at least in theory. His powers in the comics include super strength, flight, and energy maniipulation- so he can do things like shoot bolts of energy or even transmute matter. That said, I'm hard pressed to think of many stories where his sonic scream doesn't somehow factor into things; even in comics, writers like to stick to the basics and make a big dramatic gesture when it isn't necessary.

• Love 1

I normally don't get a chance to catch up with this show until Monday night, after thinking about I remembered I did see it yesterday.  Guess I'm still not impressed with it,  but can stick it out for the remaining two shows.  When Max was dreaming, did he admit he was responsible for his parent's death?

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, athelyna said:

And I really believe none of his closest friends/relatives/advisers have bothered to learn any of his sign language and have to stand there staring at Medusa until she translates.

I had the same thought.  And to make it worse, he communicated with Lockjaw.  So the dog and Medusa have learned his form of communication but no one else?

• Love 1

Honestly, what even is this show? It makes such truly bizarre choices in storytelling and characterization, I am almost fascinated. They ask us to root for "heroes" who are a bunch of asshole dictators who have shamelessly oppressed their people for generations, and seem to have no true desire to change any of that, and root against a "villain" who dares to want to change the status quo and promote equality? And to prove how evil he is, they have him kill...people who wanted to kill him anyway? People who were a part of the oppressive establishment? Max might be a dictator as well, but at least with him, the Inhumans get a chance at living a better life than "mine slave" if they dont win the super power lottery. I truly have no idea why they thought an audience would buy what they were selling. With so few episodes, we need to see more definite character development to get the audience behind these losers. And then, they kill the one black character off first. Like people haven't been making talking about the black person being the first person killed since at least the 90s! Why not pointlessly kill off a few lesbians while they're at it, just to REALLY make fans love you. 

Even the shows small budget that makes it bad. Lots of shows with small budgets made good TV just by having strong writing and acting, and that means the audience is more likely to forgive cheap effects or costumes. This has crap writing and mixed acting, so the cheap looking effects and clothes just stand out way more. Its a total mess. At least this is possibly the end for the loser human cast, which was a bit surprising to me. I thought they would get a trip to the moon out of this, if nothing else. Maybe start looking at non powered Inhumans and regular people with more respect? I guess that might actually be interesting, so we cant have that! 

At this point, I hope this show ends with the people of the moon raising up against their oppressors and taking the moon for themselves. Viva la Revolution! Can you hear the people sing? 

Marvel seriously needs to consider allocating more of its budget and talent to its TV department, because this is starting to look like a problem. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

And then, they kill the one black character off first.

Not to mention they killed off the one green character!  

Besides which, I don't know how you have the Inhumans without Gorgon, or why anyone would want to.  I just don't get it.  Why?

Regarding looking at non powered people with respect, maybe the royal family will learn that lesson from human friendships they formed on earth.  Hopefully.

• Love 1
On 10/28/2017 at 5:04 AM, janeta said:

Maybe i missed it—do we know what happened to Mordis? Did he get away?

Knowing these lack-wits, probably.

On 10/28/2017 at 7:53 AM, moonshine71 said:

"We better tie up Mordis..." Yes, you should. But maybe in a way that he can't easily lift his face mask, since that is the only way he can harm you. Idk, hands behind his back maybe?

Has no one ever seen a cop show?  There's a reason for the "hands behind your back"!

On 10/30/2017 at 6:47 PM, tennisgurl said:

And then, they kill the one black character off first.

To be fair, they killed:

• Random white Inhuman girl
  • Green Sea Inhuman
  • Japanese Inhuman (Locus)
  • then, Black Inhuman
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

To be fair, they killed:

• Random white Inhuman girl
  • Green Sea Inhuman
  • Japanese Inhuman (Locus)
  • then, Black Inhuman

Well 3 of those 4 are ppl of color.. And the black inhuman was a member of the royal family and a regular cast member... So not sure that's any better.. If anything it's worse

3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

True he's green but the actor is Japanese I believe

Per iMDB:

He was inspired by one of his heroes, Jackie Chan, while working as a stuntman in Hong Kong on the film "Robin-B-Hood" to pursue a career in acting.

That would make me think he's Chinese.  But yes, a Person of Color playing an Inhuman of Very Different Color!

All of the named characters who have died except Tibor have been People of Color...  That is sooooo wrong!

Mordis shifts around in the pile of rubble.  "I'm alive?  That big oaf ended up catching the brunt of the falling building." Mordis realizes his face is burning a hole in a particularly large cement slab.  His helmet!  Where is it?!  He pats around on the ground feverishly, "Crap!"  He finds a bucket and puts it on his head.  "This will have to do."  He manages to painfully struggle to his feet.   Moments later, he trips over his helmet carelessly left on the ground, picks it up, and puts it on. 

Cut scene.  Commercial.

There, I fixed it!  :)

Still catching up with this.  

Show kills the two interesting characters.

Going by Agents of Shield, characters I like end up dead, so I'm not holding any hope for Bronaja.

I was actually hoping Louise and Dave would end up going to the moon... that might actually be interesting. 

Vet, a trained medical professional: "You need to take it easy on your dog, I'm worried about his health."
Crystal: "Fuck you. I know my dog better than you."

*Vet, a trained medical professional leaves*

Crystal: "You know maybe she was right about my dog."

Surfer dude, a horny idiot: "Yeah, she's pretty awful though, you were totally right to mistreat her even though she was giving you sound medical advice and helping your dog without asking for anything in return."

Karnak: "Mordis, bud, I know you were locked up unjustly."

Mordis: "Yeah, being locked up when I did nothing wrong really sucked, I mean, I've got this mask that keeps my powers under control, so it's not like it isn't perfectly safe for me to be around people, unlike KING IF I STUB MY TOE AND MAKE A LITTLE NOISE I COULD KILL ALL OF YOU, BUT I STILL DON'T WEAR A MUZZLE."

Karnak, an asshole, chokes him out: "Ha, fooled you, I wanted you killed."

Gorgon, guy who is about to get himself killed with his own powers, "Ha, what a dangerous freak, we sure were right to lock him up."

Guy with FIre hands who heard everything they just said: "Boy, you guys sure are great! I don't feel like a freak anymore!"

Medusa: "You know how you humans are, wanting to destroy people just because you're afraid of them."

NotFelicity: "Oh yeah, that's so awful, I wish we humans were advanced like you. Hey what's the story with that mask guy?"

Medusa, a hypocrite: "Oh, we were afraid of his powers so we locked him up is solitary confinement."

Edited by Perfect Xero
  • Love 7