Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: eps3.0_power-saver-mode.h

• Start Topic

Whoa, that was one dark episode (literally) -- I really liked it, and Bobby C. is knocking it out of the park, he is using the strangest voice for his character and I just love it. Good to catch up with all these sad hackers, but I could really use a little B.D. Wong to tell you the truth. 

• Love 7

Whiterose sure thinks he's built a time machine and has Angela convinced of it, too. Is that what it seemed like to the rest of you? It's interesting that Elliot has lost the ability to sense Mr. Robot. One is always asleep when the other is awake, at least for now.

At the end of the show I want to see Leon, Mobley and Trenton running their own Red Wheelbarrow franchise out in Arizona.

• Love 6

That was great! All very ominous. Such a different tone even from the darker episodes last season -- more tension and foreboding. Reinvented the style last season from the first, and now again here from the second. Terrific.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Cardie said:

Whiterose sure thinks he's built a time machine and has Angela convinced of it, too. Is that what it seemed like to the rest of you? It's interesting that Elliot has lost the ability to sense Mr. Robot. One is always asleep when the other is awake, at least for now.

At the end of the show I want to see Leon, Mobley and Trenton running their own Red Wheelbarrow franchise out in Arizona.

I think it's possible. My only question is, if Whiterose has built some sort of time machine then why does he behave as though he doesn't have a minute to spare when on some level he would have more time than most people? Maybe he's tapped into something but doesn't have full control over it? 

The part in the episode that really made me curious was the speech from the executive at the power plant.

"I love a great mystery. And I'm fascinated by the greatest unsolved mystery. Do we see reality as it is? If I close my eyes and imagine...if I close my eyes I can imagine that everything we experience, everything we see, think and do is unfolding simultaneously in a parallel universe. So, how many copies of ourselves exist? And might our mental states be conjoined for better or worse?"

This seems like an important quote and more and more I'm getting the impression that Elliot isn't the only character with an alter ego. 

• Love 8

I thought it was really good.  Definitely more of a return to Season 1 quality.

The show definitely looks like it's going into alternate universe territory.  I don't know how I feel about that.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4

Eliot is bipolar and now, Angela and Darlene can recognize when he goes into his alternate persona mode.

Yet they depend on him to lead the revolution (in Darlene's case) and get justice (Angela)?

Are they just using him because of his savant hacking powers?

Forget whom he was blaming for Trump during his soliloquy.

• Love 1

Is Trump president in the Mr. Robot world?  What year is it?  

I do think there is a time machine somewhere, and at some point the real, living Mr. Robot will join our characters but we won't know it's really him.  In fact, that's what I thought was happening when Angela was speaking to Mr. Robot and referring to Eliot in the 3rd person, until the show made it clear she was actually talking to Eliot.  I'm still confused about who/what/where/when Tyrell Wellick is.

I love the neon wheelbarrow full of flames.  It is a fitting symbol of the world in shambles.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Good to catch up with all these sad hackers, but I could really use a little B.D. Wong to tell you the truth. 

You got some. Did you need more BD?

14 hours ago, Cardie said:

I'm not quite sure if Whiterose thinks she has a time machine or if she just convinced Angela of it. Or if it's a timemachine at all. With the speech the powerplant worker gave in the beginning, maybe it's a machine that can make you travel to other universes. Ones where things shook out differently, where Elliot's father and Angela's mom never died, where e-crop, with that very destinctive logo, went bankrupt in 2001. *hint hint, nudge nudge*

7 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I think it's possible. My only question is, if Whiterose has built some sort of time machine then why does he behave as though he doesn't have a minute to spare when on some level he would have more time than most people? Maybe he's tapped into something but doesn't have full control over it? 

Well, she wouldn't have the time machine yet. So it would make sense, that she tries to be as efficient as possible to see it come to fruition. Also just because you can time travel doesn't mean that you can stop aging. So you don't have more time than anybody else. In some sense you have less.

Edited by Miles
  • Love 5

Yes Miles, I always need more BD Wong, snort. But Bobby C. will do for now, he's going to take us on a real trip, that strange little Irving character and his groovy car...hey, all he wanted was his milk shake!  That counter girl will pay for that before this show ends, mark my words! 

• Love 1

Not a big Bobby Cannavale fan (don't not like him, just kind of meh on him), but he stole every scene he and Rami were in, which I really didn't think was possible. I guess I have to give props to anyone who can take my eyes off Rami ;-)

As someone living in Texas, I had to rearrange my brain cells a bit seeing the Red Wheelbarrow piggy until I realized that NYC BBQ would be pork-based. And I found myself agreeing with both sides on the free milkshake timing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Miles said:

I'm not quite sure if Whiterose thinks she has a time machine or if she just convinced Angela of it. Or if it's a timemachine at all. With the speech the powerplant worker gave in the beginning, maybe it's a machine that can make you travel to other universes. Ones where things shook out differently, where Elliot's father and Angela's mom never died, where e-crop, with that very destinctive logo, went bankrupt in 2001. *hint hint, nudge nudge*

Well, she wouldn't have the time machine yet. So it would make sense, that she tries to be as efficient as possible to see it come to fruition. Also just because you can time travel doesn't mean that you can stop aging. So you don't have more time than anybody else. In some sense you have less.

Yeah it seems to be a parallel universe thing.  Not a time machine.  Though if the parallel universe machine starts working and leaking into this universe we may end up with a dozen different Elliots and Mr Robots and Whiteroses etc etc wandering around in "our" world.  Just what we need.  More confusion, haha.

So yeah stuff remains confusing as ever in this "world" alone.  I have no idea what that silly looking guy in the mustache and coupon fetish was suppose to be other than a Whiterose go-fer.  Some new character added to the mix?  What is his name?

I also thought Elliot was commenting on the world he did indeed create where we saw Trump become president.  But someone above thinks he was seeing the future.  Though that is a wishful thought of it not yet having happened I still don't see it as anything as just the show, which moves in our present time, catching us up on what happened.  Granted the timeline doesn't really add up but it is hard to ignore the falling apart of society Elliot helped trigger and the fact that Trump is president in our current world.  That is exactly who you would expect to rise to power in Elliot's current world after all.

I think it is interesting Darlene is afraid that the two other fsociety programmers may be dead but we don't have an answer about them.  Since the series ended with the Seinfeld fan and Whiterose go-fer confronting them in the southwest in the very last scene and this side comment added in the first episode about them; I have a feeling they aren't dead but will show up again sometime this season.  Both that scene -- which seemed like a red herring at the time -- and her comment seem to be setting them up for being more than a little alive and kicking yet.

• Love 2

I think we all forgot a very important question in all the things that happened tonight. Is Darlene working for the FBI? It seems so. It seems unlikely DDP would just let her go after showing her all the evidence and she did call somebody for protection on her phone. Who else could it have been.

On any other show I'd say it's clearly a fakeout. But on Mr. Robot you can never be quite sure what is and what isn't one.

2 minutes ago, green said:

I also thought Elliot was commenting on the world he did indeed create where we saw Trump become president.  But someone above thinks he was seeing the future.  Though that is a wishful thought of it not yet having happened I still don't see it as anything as just the show, which moves in our present time, catching us up on what happened.  Granted the timeline doesn't really add up but it is hard to ignore the falling apart of society Elliot helped trigger and the fact that Trump is president in our current world.  That is exactly who you would expect to rise to power in Elliot's current world after all.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he was imagining what would happen. The whole thing was a dreamsequence where he had never actually left the restaurant afterall.

I would also like to note, that while everybody focuses on Trump, there was also a whole lot of Theresa May in that sequence. Pretty sure that wasn't a coincidence.

• Love 5

Time travel often creates multiple timelines, so I was thinking that might be how time-obsessed Whiterose was working to achieve something that would combine the two. Of course it could be just a case of trying to hop from one quantum reality to another, as in Man in the High Castle. 

Elliot was imagining a world produced by a backlash against global capitalism--fsociety's brand--and so the director cut in shots of politicians who emerged after populist victories, like Trump and May handling Brexit. The point was that you are less likely to get liberating anarchy than reactionary retrenchment, plus the commodification of the revolution itself.

It is hysterical to have William Carlos Williams' red wheelbarrow, one of the most famous images/symbols in modern American poetry, transformed into a BBQ franchise logo as well as the dumpster fire lit by the Dark Army.

It does seem the show has got its mojo back after that unnecessarily convoluted second season.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Miles said:

I think we all forgot a very important question in all the things that happened tonight. Is Darlene working for the FBI? It seems so. It seems unlikely DDP would just let her go after showing her all the evidence and she did call somebody for protection on her phone. Who else could it have been.

On any other show I'd say it's clearly a fakeout. But on Mr. Robot you can never be quite sure what is and what isn't one.

I had the same thought about Darlene working for the FBI.  I would also think she would be used to get to Elliot and/or Tyrell.

This was a great episode was fantastic...but then again, I think all of them are, so I am greatly biased.  This episode had a feature film quality to it, and I absolutely loved it.  The pacing was more along the lines of season 1, which was welcome.  I laughed out loud when Elliot stepped out of Angela's apartment wearing that Josh Groban sweatshirt (great call-back to season 1)!  I prefer Mr. Robot when Elliot's mania is on full display, so I think this episode is a great start to season 3.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, scrb said:

Eliot is bipolar and now, Angela and Darlene can recognize when he goes into his alternate persona mode.

Yet they depend on him to lead the revolution (in Darlene's case) and get justice (Angela)?

I think you are confusing bipolar disorder and dissociative identity disorder.

• Love 13

As much as I love the idea of time travel, in a show that is as realistic as this one, parallel universes seems more likely to me. But then again, like @Cardie said, the two concepts sort of overlap. 
BTW, @Cardie, everytime I read your posts I can't help imagining that you are an old friend of mine who went on to teach English courses at a community college. Now I'm content to believe that in an alternate universe that is the case. Heh.

On October 12, 2017 at 3:35 PM, FoundTime said:

Not a big Bobby Cannavale fan (don't not like him, just kind of meh on him), but he stole every scene he and Rami were in, which I really didn't think was possible. I guess I have to give props to anyone who can take my eyes off Rami ;-)

Ditto on this. Maybe Rami is a big Bobby Cannavale fan?

On October 12, 2017 at 3:35 PM, FoundTime said:

And I found myself agreeing with both sides on the free milkshake timing.

Oh I was totally on Bobby Cannavale's character's side and taking notes on how he kept his cool--unlike me when my oncologist took the side of the company that refused to refund me a $40 copay, so I walked out without getting "checked" (even though I will max out deductibles for the rest of my life—but "it's not about the money"—but, wow, $12.94 for a chocolate milkshake after the cyber apocacalypse? Yeah, Elliot should undo, redo or whatever). So I was really enjoying the discomfort of the poor fast food worker when BC's character was talking on his Bluetooth about "is he dead?" Maybe I'll wear a fake Bluetooth on my next visit.

On October 12, 2017 at 1:15 AM, ruby24 said:

I want Eliot and Angela to get together.

Oof. I'm too old and have been disappointed too many times to be a shipper anymore, but I do think the title of the episode, "EPS3.0_POWER-SAVER-MODE.H" in combination with Elliot's voiceover line about his feeling hurt by Angela's rebuff to his kiss but his being used to it because she always loves those who don't love her, that this is her "safe mode," seems to telegraph that they are end game. 

Edited by shapeshifter
Typo
  • Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, shapeshifter said:
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:15 AM, ruby24 said:

I want Eliot and Angela to get together.

Oof. I'm too old and have been disappointed too many times to be a shipper anymore, but I do think the title of the episode, "EPS3.0_POWER-SAVER-MODE.H" in combination with Elliot's voiceover line about his feeling hurt by Angela's rebuff to his kiss but his being used to it because she always loves those who don't love her, that this is her "safe mode," seems to telegraph that they are end game. 

When Angela had her overnight adventure with Mr. Robot, I thought for a minute that it would turn out she was in love with that side of Elliot, until she said something to him as Mr. Robot on the subway ("You and I, we are not friends") that ruled that out.

Edited by wilnil
Updated with quote after rewatching
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

BTW, @Cardie, everytime I read your posts I can't help imagining that you are an old friend of mine who went on to teach English courses at a community college.

I am a (retired) college English professor, so you know the type.

I was thinking that with his two closest allies, Angela and Darlene. apparently working with his two biggest enemies, the Dark Army and the FBI, Elliot's ironic savior may well be Phillip Price and E Corp.

• Love 3

SO glad this show is back!

I wouldn't rule out a damn thing at this point. After two seasons of this show, nothing (and I do mean NOT A DAMN THING) is as it seems.

I'm taking the line of thought that Eliot's not as clueless as he lets on. If you remember last season, he put in a "post hypnotic suggestion" and when he fell asleep and Mr. Robot came out? He went with him as Eliot. Are we all so naive as to assume he's STILL NOT DOING THAT?

This show. This show has so many twists and turns that I've learned to pay attention to every single thing. Eliot says he's closing the backdoor and killing the file. His sister goes into the restroom and screams in frustration and kicks things, then sobs in what looks like abject fear and calls somebody. Then two CHINESE DUDES show up at the restroom door and she meekly goes along with them.

Are Y'all SURE she's workin' for the FBI? Really,  REALLY Sure? Cause I'm not. 

But Eliot did lock the back door. That's a done deal and Mr. Robot can't see or do what Eliot does. Weird how that works.

But don't forget last season folks. ELIOT can see and DO everything Mr. Robot sees now. He taught himself how. 

I think this season's gonna be filled with 'WHOA!' WHAT THE HELL???? And I cannot wait.

• Love 1

If they really have a time machine in the plot, then this show would be falling into the same kind of morass as Lost or The Leftovers.

Copying Lindelof would not be a good decision.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, hnygrl said:

This show. This show has so many twists and turns that I've learned to pay attention to every single thing. Eliot says he's closing the backdoor and killing the file. His sister goes into the restroom and screams in frustration and kicks things, then sobs in what looks like abject fear and calls somebody. Then two CHINESE DUDES show up at the restroom door and she meekly goes along with them.

Are Y'all SURE she's workin' for the FBI? Really,  REALLY Sure? Cause I'm not.

Well she kind of was and/or had to at the end of season 2 when she saw the big board the FBI had on them all after she was run in.  But is she really working with them?  Probably not.  But she sure as hell isn't working for The Dark Army since they were the ones who killed Cisco and, she assumes, her two fellow fsociety programmers that fled out west somewhere. 

She "meekly" went with the two Dark Army goons because she and Elliot couldn't out-muscle them at that point.  Remember she and Elliot both spotted them earlier in the room.  She spotted them first and even warned Elliot they were there hovering near them.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, green said:

Well she kind of was and/or had to at the end of season 2 when she saw the big board the FBI had on them all after she was run in.  But is she really working with them?  Probably not.  But she sure as hell isn't working for The Dark Army since they were the ones who killed Cisco and, she assumes, her two fellow fsociety programmers that fled out west somewhere. 

She "meekly" went with the two Dark Army goons because she and Elliot couldn't out-muscle them at that point.  Remember she and Elliot both spotted them earlier in the room.  She spotted them first and even warned Elliot they were there hovering near them.

Didn't Darlene also say that she thought the Dark Army killed Cisco and she thinks she's next? I guess Elliot didn't tell her he was shot because he didn't want to upset her, but then I can't imagine the words "I've been shot" coming out of his mouth at any time.

• Love 1

Oh before I forget to mention this, I am re-watching season two, and three or four episodes in when Dom is in China and is in White Rose's bedroom (who she doesn't know is White Rose of course) he/she mentions that wouldn't it be wonderful if there is a parallel universe where none of the things that happened on 9/5 or whatever that date was the big crash came happened, and people just like them were experiencing another world, wouldn't that be wonderful?  It's the scene where he/she shows Dom all the beautiful Chinese dresses, remember?  Oh yes, I think they are really going to go there for season three. 

• Love 8
On 10/12/2017 at 0:55 AM, Cardie said:

I don't think WR has a time machine. I think he believes in parallel universes. I think part his obsession with time is that things have to be precisely lined up/timed in order to "cross over". 

On 10/12/2017 at 10:57 AM, scrb said:

I'd diagnosis Elliot as more being Schizophrenic than bipolar. I'm not sure they are willingly depending on him. They pretty much have little choice. Darlene because at this point he is all she has. Angela because now that she's met WR she knows the extent of his power and that Mr Robot is in cahoots with WR. 

On 10/12/2017 at 6:22 PM, green said:

Yeah it seems to be a parallel universe thing.  Not a time machine.  Though if the parallel universe machine starts working and leaking into this universe we may end up with a dozen different Elliots and Mr Robots and Whiteroses etc etc wandering around in "our" world.  Just what we need.  More confusion, haha.

So yeah stuff remains confusing as ever in this "world" alone.  I have no idea what that silly looking guy in the mustache and coupon fetish was suppose to be other than a Whiterose go-fer.  Some new character added to the mix?  What is his name?

I think it is interesting Darlene is afraid that the two other fsociety programmers may be dead but we don't have an answer about them.  Since the series ended with the Seinfeld fan and Whiterose go-fer confronting them in the southwest in the very last scene and this side comment added in the first episode about them; I have a feeling they aren't dead but will show up again sometime this season.  Both that scene -- which seemed like a red herring at the time -- and her comment seem to be setting them up for being more than a little alive and kicking yet.

Carnevale's character is named Irving. The Trump universe is Elliot's nightmare if Mr. Robot succeeds with stage 2. I'm going to assume Mobley &Trenton are alive and being held by the Dark Army until we see evidence that they are dead. They were skilled enough for Mr. Robot/Elliott to recruit them, they may be useful in the future.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:24 PM, Cardie said:

Time travel often creates multiple timelines, so I was thinking that might be how time-obsessed Whiterose was working to achieve something that would combine the two. Of course it could be just a case of trying to hop from one quantum reality to another, as in Man in the High Castle. 

Elliot was imagining a world produced by a backlash against global capitalism--fsociety's brand--and so the director cut in shots of politicians who emerged after populist victories, like Trump and May handling Brexit. The point was that you are less likely to get liberating anarchy than reactionary retrenchment, plus the commodification of the revolution itself.

It is hysterical to have William Carlos Williams' red wheelbarrow, one of the most famous images/symbols in modern American poetry, transformed into a BBQ franchise logo as well as the dumpster fire lit by the Dark Army.

It does seem the show has got its mojo back after that unnecessarily convoluted second season.

II'm thinking WR is more concerned with parallel universe  sort of like Fringe.

• Love 1

Where is Leon?

Since when is it okay to say the word "Fuck" on USA?  Not that I mind, I was just shocked that's all.  "It's not TV, it's USA!"

I hope this show doesn't go the way of Lost, or Fringe.  I agree with Elliot, sometimes i wish I had a mute button for life too.

• Love 1

Man, it feels like it has been years since the last season, so it took me a while to remember everything that happened, but I think I'm more or less back on track.

But for now, it seems like Elliot basically prevented "Phase 2" from completely happening, but now Mr. Robot and Angela are going to work with Whiterose and the The Dark Army to continue on, and I guess Angela is going to have to find some way to prevent Elliot from finding out that she is actually working against him.  Also, Angela believes that there could be a way for her and Elliot to live in a world where all the bad stuff that happened to them will be gone, so I guess she's into the whole parallel universe thing.

Totally think that Darlene is working for the FBI, and that's why she seemed hesitant/upset when she helped them ditched the tail.

I see Bobby Cannavale is here!  I like him, but he usually always plays sleazy characters and that moustache seems to be amplifying it!

Liked Elliot seeing the photos of the past characters that have died during all of this like Cisco, Romero, Gideon, and especially Shayla.  Still miss her.

No sightings of Dominque, Price, or Joanna, but I'm sure they'll factor in soon.

• Love 2

I don't know, ever since the end of season one I just find this whole story more and more convoluted and hard to follow.  ANd I didn't find this new season changing that in any way. 

Its starting to turn me off like Lost did.  I know many people loved that show, but the longer it went on the more I found it to be a confusing hodgepodge of whatever the writers felt would be cool or confusing. 

I don't mind a mystery or some intrigue.  But it still seems to me to lack coherency. 

I will keep watching, but its slowly been losing me since the end of season one. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

No sightings of Dominque, Price, or Joanna, but I'm sure they'll factor in soon.

They are all in the opening credits as regulars, so I'm sure we'll see them before too long. B.D. Wong is now a regular, too.

• Love 1

I think it's too much for me also. They are taking on multiplicity, the hacking/e-corp/international conspiracy, and now string theory/alternate universes also? Any one of those would be an ambitious agenda. Two is even moreso. That's possibly the most ambitious thing I've seen a show attempt, but I was going along.

But all three? I'm VERY skeptical they will do any of them justice while trying to address all of them.

Edited by possibilities
On 10/14/2017 at 3:19 PM, Neurochick said:

Where is Leon?

Since when is it okay to say the word "Fuck" on USA?  Not that I mind, I was just shocked that's all.  "It's not TV, it's USA!"

I hope this show doesn't go the way of Lost, or Fringe.  I agree with Elliot, sometimes i wish I had a mute button for life too.

I needed to go back a rewatch the season finale for this all to gel. I don't think Leon killed Trenton and Mobley. Trenton has figured out how to reverse things. WR  strikes me as too cautious to get rid of people with their skills.  I'm not saying that the show will be as convoluted as Fringe, but I've always gotten the parallel universe vibe from WR.

21 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Man, it feels like it has been years since the last season, so it took me a while to remember everything that happened, but I think I'm more or less back on track.

But for now, it seems like Elliot basically prevented "Phase 2" from completely happening, but now Mr. Robot and Angela are going to work with Whiterose and the The Dark Army to continue on, and I guess Angela is going to have to find some way to prevent Elliot from finding out that she is actually working against him.  Also, Angela believes that there could be a way for her and Elliot to live in a world where all the bad stuff that happened to them will be gone, so I guess she's into the whole parallel universe thing.

Totally think that Darlene is working for the FBI, and that's why she seemed hesitant/upset when she helped them ditched the tail.

I see Bobby Cannavale is here!  I like him, but he usually always plays sleazy characters and that moustache seems to be amplifying it!

Liked Elliot seeing the photos of the past characters that have died during all of this like Cisco, Romero, Gideon, and especially Shayla.  Still miss her.

Elliot closed the backdoor they had into the FBI so while he stopped Tyrell from executing Phase 2 immediately it appears that Angela is going to help them get back in.

I am beginning to believe that the FBI turned Darlene. Once she saw that she wasn't really a factor in the plan and the grand scope of what Mr. Robot & WR has in mind  she realized once again, she's not special and most importantly how devastating the real plan is. Darlene at best, might be a wannabe anarchist, but when she realizes that phase 2 would be destroying even the paper backups and preventing any rebuilding she was floored. I think she called the FBI when they were at the hacker competition. She saw the Dark Army and went in the bathroom because she was having a panic attack She takes her phone out and calls someone then when they are leaving the place Irving (Carnivale)sees the FBI guys and grabs them. So once again it's a game of ct and mouse between DA and the FBI.

Angela is concerned with not only avenging her parents, she has bought into WR's  belief of the parallel universe/alternate reality that can prevent their deaths/make their deaths have never happened. I think the reason she couldn't kiss Elliot is not only because she knows Mr. Robot is lurking somewhere in the background, she's working with WR and has to manage both Elliott and Mr. Robot. Either way Angela is clearly lying to Elliot. She tells him they bought him to her apartment yesterday but also says he's been out for 6 days. I suspect he's been at her place the entire time.  I think only Angela and WR are aware of the Mr. Robot personality. Everyone else thinks this whole thing is Elliott 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 2

It's so unethical, unforgiveably in my opinion, to manipulate a multiple by playing one off the other. Angela lying to Elliot and controlling whether he or Mr Robot expresses, using them for her purposes while pretending to care, is so, so wrong. I think she might be the most evil person on the entire show after seeing her behavior this episode.

• Love 3

Yeah, I really really really hate Angela more than ever, if that is possible. I want to rip those nasty eyelashes right off her ugly bug eyes....Blaughhhhhhhh, I HATE HER.  Now Dom, I totally love, and can't wait for her to show up in all her macho fury. Pow!?

• Love 1

I have faith in Elliot. I don't believe he's blind to what's going on around him. In the last episode of the last season, he awoke to the fact the Mr. Robot was coming out when he (Elliot) slept and followed him.  This is (in essence) only a few days after that. Be it 6 (I don't believe a word out of Angela's mouth) or 2 or 1

You really think Elliot doesn't know about Angela? Really? One day she's kissing him like he's the most important man in the world, the next? Literally (for Elliot) the next day? She's shying away from him and is in Power Saver Mode alla sudden. Elliot's not blind, dumb, or stupid. He sees. He just doesn't say anything about it till he has to. I wonder if he sees what's going on with his Sister? That all happened so fast, I don't know.

He's aware (I hope) that he's in this all by himself. Sister sold him to the Feds, "Girlfriend" sold him to the Chinese, and his own alter ego sold him out.

I wonder where the Red (burning) Wheelbarrow comes in/is gonna come in? It's not when the guy burned the 5 million last season cause there wasn't a wheelbarrow and I just cannot bring myself to take the alternate universe B.S. seriously. Just. No. Quickest way to flush the show down the toilet and I HOPE Sam Esmail is smarter than that.

This season excites me because with this show? EVERYTHING means something.  A couple episodes from now, we're going to be re-watching this episode and going "aaaaah....!"

I feel in my heart that Elliot isn't sleeping. He's "woke" to what's happening around him. We're just not in on it yet. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Ever notice that the more you watch in episode, the more you 'see?' Interesting. 

• Love 3

The red wheelbarrow was the menu to the BBQ place that he wrote the code on. It was planted in his mind as a literal red whee barrow as sort of a memory guide. It's been established that Mr Robot can and does take over an do thing without Elliot know until after the fact.  Most of the planning to take down EvilCorp was done by Mr. Robot, particularly the more nefarious parts. 

On 10/15/2017 at 8:36 PM, possibilities said:

It's so unethical, unforgiveably in my opinion, to manipulate a multiple by playing one off the other. Angela lying to Elliot and controlling whether he or Mr Robot expresses, using them for her purposes while pretending to care, is so, so wrong. I think she might be the most evil person on the entire show after seeing her behavior this episode.

Sadly  think Angela's laser focus is on avenging and bringing her parents back. It's why she rebuffed Elliot. Not only because she know Mr. Robot is there in the background lurking, but also because she knows she's double crossing Elliot and feels at least bad enough about it to not compound the lie by getting romantically involved.

• Love 1

This ep was a nice sort of reset, with some things finally being acknowledged (Angela knows Elliott is more than one person, AND can tell the difference) and an interesting new character (Irving). Unfortunately, they seem to be going Fringe/Flash/Man in High Castle with the larger mythology, which is disappointing. I expected something unique from Mr. Robot. Something more inward looking, more TRON-like, vs. yet another multiverse.

BTW, Elliott is finally asking himself the questions I was asking in season one on these boards ... what is the purpose of Stage 1? Yes, it could wipe out records of debt, but to what end? Even if our society agreed to wipe out debt (unlikely), what system replaces what we had? Meanwhile, the chaos you caused is mostly hurting the same people you were hoping to help. Elliot and his team were never clear on that, and now he seems to recognize that this path was not a good one.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Ottis said:

BTW, Elliott is finally asking himself the questions I was asking in season one on these boards ... what is the purpose of Stage 1? Yes, it could wipe out records of debt, but to what end? Even if our society agreed to wipe out debt (unlikely), what system replaces what we had? Meanwhile, the chaos you caused is mostly hurting the same people you were hoping to help. Elliot and his team were never clear on that, and now he seems to recognize that this path was not a good one.

Because it was never Elliot's plan. It was Mr. Robot's. Darlene and co were just interested in anarchy, Mr. Robot & probably White Rose are the true masterminds and always had more long reaching plans. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Because it was never Elliot's plan. It was Mr. Robot's. Darlene and co were just interested in anarchy, Mr. Robot & probably White Rose are the true masterminds and always had more long reaching plans. 

Whose plan it was didn't matter. They all supported it. The fact that their efforts were hijacked by White Rose and Dark Army doesn't change the question of what did any of them expect to achieve after Stage 1? These are not dumb people. Nor are they especially young people, they are adults. I've always found it hard to believe that they would think Stage 1 was a good idea, that it would work, and that it wouldn't hurt far more people than the small number of rich ones that they targeted. Yet they did it. 

Who's plan is is does matter. White Rose & Mr. Robot have much more nefarious motives than Darlene & crew. Idealistic people are notorious for causing mayhem & destruction without thinking through the full consequence.   Darlene first and foremost didn't think beyond causing anarchy. Doing something with Elliot, being on equal foot as hi for once was also very important to here. BUT they all counted on the fact that the paper backup would eventually stabilize things. That's why Darlene is so upset at the thought of stage 2.  Darlene was more than okay with a temporary destabilization of society.  It's the permanent destruction  that stage 2 brings along with seeing just how lethal Dark Army is that has her frightened.

• Love 3
On 10/18/2017 at 2:38 PM, Milaxx said:

Who's plan is is does matter. White Rose & Mr. Robot have much more nefarious motives than Darlene & crew. Idealistic people are notorious for causing mayhem & destruction without thinking through the full consequence.   Darlene first and foremost didn't think beyond causing anarchy. Doing something with Elliot, being on equal foot as hi for once was also very important to here. BUT they all counted on the fact that the paper backup would eventually stabilize things. That's why Darlene is so upset at the thought of stage 2.  Darlene was more than okay with a temporary destabilization of society.  It's the permanent destruction  that stage 2 brings along with seeing just how lethal Dark Army is that has her frightened.

Thinking about this, I really want to know more about Mr. Robot and "his" motivations.  What is in Elliot's mind that makes his alter-ego 1) take the form of his dad 2) take part in a scheme that causes global anarchy.  At the beginning of the series, Elliot was engaging in one-off hacking pursuits that targeted nasty individuals.  Mr. Robot wanted, and accomplished, something bigger.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Misstify said:

Thinking about this, I really want to know more about Mr. Robot and "his" motivations.  What is in Elliot's mind that makes his alter-ego 1) take the form of his dad 2) take part in a scheme that causes global anarchy.  At the beginning of the series, Elliot was engaging in one-off hacking pursuits that targeted nasty individuals.  Mr. Robot wanted, and accomplished, something bigger.

My guess is Eliot was always mentally ill. Even as a child. Season 1 they talked about him running away and being found talking to himself. As for the Mr. Robot persona I'm not sure if that happened before or after his dad died, but I lean towards after. It seems tied to a memory of Elliot and his dad, the time send at the computer repair shop. When did the plan take place? I think before season 1. I think back to the flashback when Darelene visited him and he pit on that mask. I think this season mirrors what we now know happened just prior to season 1. Eliot blacking out and destroying that server room was (I believe) Mr. Robot taking over.  It was around that time that Mr. Robot developed his plan. This season Angela gets him a job at Ecorp. Season 1 we find out Angela had gotten Elliot his job at Allsafe. Elliot used his job at Allsafe to launch phase 1. This season Elliot is using his job to prevent phase 2. Seasson 1 Elliot's version of improving the world is low level hacks. This season he is doing low level hacks he thinks will make Ecorp better. Meanwhile Mr. Robot is still in the background doing more devious things. I just can't figure out at what point he connected with WR.

[

• Love 1