Type keyword(s) to search

Worst Cooks in the Media

The new season of Worst Cooks In America premieres Sunday January 7 at 9PM.

Anne Burrell and Tyler Florence return as the mentors in the ten-episode series.

For the first main dish challenge, the chefs teach the recruits how to make breakfast, the most important meal of the day.  Upcoming episodes feature a fun fish market challenge, a round of food trivia game "Family Food," a sweet Valentine's Day challenge and the return of "Remote Control Chef."

4 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

Saw a commercial for the new season and it has Asaf in it. I really hope he’s not on the show. He’s already been on So You Think You Can Dance and Are You the One, and I am over this dude.

Photo5_1511303933933-35-HR.jpg

On 12/17/2017 at 5:41 AM, hilaryvm said:

Saw a commercial for the new season and it has Asaf in it. I really hope he’s not on the show. He’s already been on So You Think You Can Dance and Are You the One, and I am over this dude.

On 12/17/2017 at 10:15 AM, Jaded said:

Photo5_1511303933933-35-HR.jpg

Well you don't your wish he is on the show.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, Superclam said:

So I googled this guy because I never heard of him. Does he just go from reality show to reality show? Is that a job? 

He is clearly able to cook and is just hamming it up.

Why are they airing the next cycle of this so soon?  They normally film these things months in advance, but apparently this one just wrapped (presumably for it's normal fall slot) and is being put on really quick.  I wonder if the Discovery buyout has something to do with it. 

On 3/13/2018 at 9:30 PM, Maverick said:

Why are they airing the next cycle of this so soon?  They normally film these things months in advance, but apparently this one just wrapped (presumably for it's normal fall slot) and is being put on really quick.  I wonder if the Discovery buyout has something to do with it. 

I think the celebrity season that is premiering shortly was actually filmed awhile ago. They seem to be cranking them out this morning Daphne Ozs Instastory has her filming what appears to be the finale of a new regular season. 

Here's a short article on Food Network's site showing the 7 (???) upcoming "Celebrities". I wonder if there's going to be a surprise addition? It seems weird to start off with an uneven number. Of course they did have an uneven number during the last celeb edition after the "accident" Carmen Electra had.

Announced "Celebs": Oscar Nunez, La Toya Jackson, Ian Ziering, Catherine Bach, Bronson Pinchot, Maria Bamford and Nolan Gould 

Yeah the Nolan thing is so weird, I have to imagine it's something he really wanted to do.

Everyone I know loves Maria Bamford and thinks I should love her but I cannot get past her voice to appreciate her comedy, so I imagine she will annoy me.

I love Oscar from The Office so he and Nolan are the only to I will be rooting for.

• Love 1

They've started off with an odd number of contestants on at least 1 other celebrity season.   The first episode was all of them cooking and the mentors doing a school yard pick based on tasting, with the final celebrity not picked eliminated.   It was Dean Cain in the season I'm thinking of.  

I don't know any of these celebrities except LaToya Jackson. I have, honestly, not heard any of their names before. Who are they??

Ditto.  I have no clue about any of them except LaToya.  I guess the upside of that is that I will have no preconceived opinions. 

I remember Bronson Pinchot only for his appearance in the mini series The Langoliers, based on the Stephen King story.  But I have listened to a number of audiobooks he's narrated and he has been excellent.

8 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

I remember Bronson Pinchot only for his appearance in the mini series The Langoliers, based on the Stephen King story.  But I have listened to a number of audiobooks he's narrated and he has been excellent.

Oh come on, you all remember Bronson Pinchot from his famous scene in "Beverly Hills Cop":

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I don't know any of these celebrities except LaToya Jackson. I have, honestly, not heard any of their names before. Who are they??

Nolan is one of the kids from Modern Family, Oscar was on The Office, Maria Bamford is a comedian with a show on Netflix, Ian was on the original 90210.

• Love 1

I always remembered Bronson the most Bronson Pinchot from Perfect Strangers. He was on a season of that VH1 show The Surreal Life where some weird stuff went on between him and Janice Dickinson. I also know who La Toya Jackson,  Ian Ziering and Catherine Bach are. Having not really watched Modern Family I didn't recognize Nolan Gould. Wasn't a viewer of The Office so Oscar Nuñez didn't seem familiar either. I probably should have recognized Maria Bamford from Fresh off the Boat since I watch that but I didn't.  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Oh come on, you all remember Bronson Pinchot from his famous scene in "Beverly Hills Cop":

One of my favorite scenes ever!  Eddie was trying hard to not crack up.  Bronson was hilarious and you know most of this had to be ad-libbed.  Love it.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Nolan is one of the kids from Modern Family, Oscar was on The Office, Maria Bamford is a comedian with a show on Netflix, Ian was on the original 90210.

That explains it. I've not watched an episode of any of those shows and don't watch anything on Netflix. Thanks, though!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

One of my favorite scenes ever!  Eddie was trying hard to not crack up.  Bronson was hilarious and you know most of this had to be ad-libbed.  Love it.

Me too!  I never cracked up so much in the theatre!  It's the only scene I really remember him in although I know I've seen him here and there over the years.

• Love 2

I actually recognize most of these "celebrities" this round which probably means I watch too much television. I wouldn't have recognized Bronson Pinchot as Balki from Perfect Strangers but he is in the upcoming Chilling Adventures of Sabrina which I've really been looking forward to on Netflix. His name was also mentioned as a running gag on a recent episode of Superstore.

• Love 1

Nolan Gould is really smart and can be hilarious at times. I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Maria Bamford is a comic who is pretty funny, but a few minutes of her can be more than enough.

Oscar Nunez seems likeable, but I haven't seen him much outside of his role on The Office.

I find Ian Zering to be annoying and arrogant, but I can't recall where that impression comes from.

3 hours ago, backformore said:

I find Ian Zering to be annoying and arrogant, but I can't recall where that impression comes from.

If you watched him on Celebrity Apprentice it was probably from that. He was kinda snotty on Dancing with the Stars too though. 

Outside of The Office, the only other thing I know Oscar Nunez from is The Proposal with Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, and Betty White. He was the male exotic dancer in the Alaskan town. 

I have no idea who Maria Bamford or Catherine Bach are. 

59 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Does Maria have Parkinsons?  Her hands (especially her left) trembled quite a bit during the first episode.

She has bipolar II disorder and the meds cause the tremor and sometimes slurred speech.

3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Why do I think this  was purposely timed? And, I must add, just purposely inane and puzzling. Why? 

Sounds like a publicity stunt.  Anything for attention and to promote her tour I suppose.

• Love 1
(edited)

That horrid commercial where Anne sings the first part of the song from Flashdance makes me want to punch my TV.

And at the same time, I know that's not really fair to my TV. It isn't its fault that Anne is one of the most annoying fame-whore cooks who ever cooked.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 1

Chef Robert Irvine Joins Chef Anne Burrell in Culinary Boot Camp Rematch in New Season of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ Premiering Sunday, August 12th at 9pm ET/PT

Recruits are:
Copan Combs (Stillwater, Oklahoma)
Robbie Deraffele (Hackensack, New Jersey)
Marcus Ellis (Queens, New York)
Bradley Garcia (Miami, Florida)
Sarah Harris (Porum, Oklahoma)
Janese Henry (Spring Lake, North Carolina)
Linda Martin (Manchester, New Hampshire)
Jessica Paulson (Oakley, California)
Mary Ann Rapisarda (Valdosta, Georgia)
Rudy Rehberg (Chicago, Illinois)
Frank Scuderi (Maple Shade, New Jersey)
Timmy Thok (New York, New York)
Carla Waddell (Alexandria, Virginia)
Kimberly D. Worthy (Atlanta, Georgia)

In the season premiere ... Anne and Robert ask the recruits to make their signature dishes.  After being sorted into teams, the recruits dive right into the deep end of the kitchen by learning to make a surf and turf dish.  Upcoming episodes feature the return of food trivia game Family Food!, a chicken challenge that forces the recruits to spread their wings and guest appearances by Food Network personalities Gesine Prado and Jason Smith.  The season culminates in the finale on Sunday, September 23rd with the two most-improved recruits preparing a restaurant quality meal for judges David Burtka, Daphne Oz and Melba Wilson.

1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

Crap - they're bringing Irvine back. He's an asshole.

Yeah, this puts me in a difficult position for the finale. I generally root for whoever is not Anne but I refuse to root for Irvine. Two obnoxious "mentors" may push this right off my DVR.

• Love 2

I absolutely loathe Robert Irvine so I don't know if I'll be able to stomach him or not.  He wasn't bad as a mentor on season 2 but that was before he got so "big" with Restaurant Impossible and decided he could walk on water.  I'd actually rather see Rachael back and that's saying a lot.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

For the judges, is that David Burtka, Neil Patrick Harris’ husband? When did he become a “culinary expert”?

From this article:

Burtka enrolled himself in the esteemed Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School.  This zeal for chefdom was established early on. "My parents always loved entertaining," he recalls. "From a very young age, my mom used to put my sister and me to work to cleanup and do chores for her cocktail parties."  This sous-chef training came in handy while he was working with Mario Batali and Thomas Keller upon leaving culinary school; following those stints, he went on to open his own catering company.

So David has serious credentials as a chef.

• Love 3