Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While I don't care for Susan either way they're killing off the wrong character played by Stacy Haiduk..

I never understood why Susan was even brought back.  Susan living happily ever after with her son EJ and  Edmund away from Stefano's influence was a great sendoff for her.

Bringing Kristen made more sense in my humble opinion since she did have unfinished business with Jarlena.. Plus, the fact that she was sold into sexual slavery always creeped me out..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I never understood why Susan was even brought back.  Susan living happily ever after with her son EJ and  Edmund away from Stefano's influence was a great sendoff for her.

Bringing Kristen made more sense in my humble opinion since she did have unfinished business with Jarlena.. Plus, the fact that she was sold into sexual slavery always creeped me out..

Well she's not the first character to have that happen to on this show. Anna was the first I wonder why they never referenced that with each other.

• Love 2

I really hope their entire scene together is just Doc saying "You are such a f***ing bitch bitch biiiiiiiitch bitch....!!!" over all of Kristen's dialogue like a five year old.

Marlena, you do not have to listen to her crap. Or be in the same room as her.

Why anyone in Salem even listens to her is beyond me.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

I know this wouldn't be kind, and I know it wouldn't be right - in normal circumstances.

BUT, considering what a horror Kristen is and has been for such a long while now, I would love it if someone, anyone, would tell her she's NOT Stefano's kid, she's NOT a Dimera, remind her that she was adopted by a psychopath and that she wasn't an infant when that happened.  Stefano wasn't a good anything, certainly not a good father, so enough with the "he put family first" - unless it means, first in the firing line.

Hit her where it hurts.  

And then, do it again and again and again.

But then again, anyone, no matter how they're related to that mass of dangling ganglions going on about "Family" and "tradition" and all that nonsense should be accompanied with a laugh track every time they open their mouth.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Jennifer is going to do another addiction storyline?  This actress can NOT pull that off.  Her grief scenes were horrendous... I can only imagine how bad this will be too.

To be fair, I don't think Meryl Streep could pull off Ron's horrific writing.  The actors on Days don't rehearse their scenes and they are only allowed to do one take scenes.  Actors in other genres are constantly rehearsing with directors directing their scenes and they are allowed to do their scenes until they get it right.

Cady was really good on All My Children as Dixie. I don't mind her as Jennifer but those Abigail grieving scenes would have been better with Missy. Due to the recast we could not have had a flashback to her birth.  Her birth also coincided with the most beautiful death that I have ever seen: Isabella Toscano Black.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

To be fair, I don't think Meryl Streep could pull off Ron's horrific writing.  The actors on Days don't rehearse their scenes and they are only allowed to do one take scenes.  Actors in other genres are constantly rehearsing with directors directing their scenes and they are allowed to do their scenes until they get it right.

Cady was really good on All My Children as Dixie. I don't mind her as Jennifer but those Abigail grieving scenes would have been better with Missy. Due to the recast we could not have had a flashback to her birth.  Her birth also coincided with the most beautiful death that I have ever seen: Isabella Toscano Black.

At this rate, I would just show the flashback to Abigail's birth, anyway. Since Jenn's face changes at any given time. Shrug.

• Love 3

Is there a Fall Preview video airing somewhere?  I just put my Episode on Pause on Peacock, and got a Promo for all kinds of stuff that looks to be happening this Fall.

Li's sister?

A Li and Gabi wedding that will probably go badly.  

Some kind of car crash with Jennifer, Ava and another character.  

Chanel was a murderer in the past?  Something with Sloane bringing up Chanel's past to Paulina.  

I saw Mike, Tripp and Kayla in Heaven.  

It all went by so quickly but I usually try to avoid Spoilers because they make the show even more boring than usual.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Good point!  But still... she's not good. I've never seen her in anything before, so my only experience with Cady is this. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Good point!  But still... she's not good. I've never seen her in anything before, so my only experience with Cady is this. 

Well, as said, she spent years as part of her own super couple with Tad and Dixie on All My Children and played a long-time character on As The World Turns, where she was (again) a recast of a popular character named Rosanna. And there, she was popular, too.

I think the fact that Jennifer was played so long by another actress for DECADES probably colors opinions. Only natural. The attachment is to Melissa Reeves.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Fuck off Gwen. Leo too.

Who the hell is she to feel sorry for/forgive Jen? If this is supposed to somehow paint Jen as equal to Gwen, b/c Jen, like Gwen, did something that she regrets, then the idiotic writers can keep that shit. Jen’s one ACCIDENT does NOT remotely compare to all Gwen’s INTENTIONAL deeds.  THIS is the angle Gwen should be approaching this from, with some actual self-awareness not yet another reference to her sad, sad, childhood that she feels justifies all her dirty crap.  All of that is being ignored to somehow draw some bizarre parallel between Jennifer and Gwen's mother.  It's such a reach.  I guess this is somehow supposed to pave the way for Jen to be Gwen's mother now.  SUCH a reach.  They want so bad for Gwen/Jack/Jennifer to be Tripp/Steve/Kayla.  Nope.  I was never sold on that either.  That article is completely tone deaf.  

This just all proves that this was never meant to be about Jennifer.  Gwen should NOT have been a part of this.  It’s just yet ANOTHER way to get sympathy for Gwen & wipe the slate clean for her using Jen.  How convenient. Kill off one of Jen’s kids and keep the other off-screen. All for the retcon everyone hates.  Jen will of course be magically cured or sent off-screen once the retcon gets absolved of all her sins on Jennifer's back.  And then she'll have Jack all to herself because Jack serves NO other purpose anymore other than to prop Gwen.  Same for Jennifer Rose Horton as well it seems.  Such an absolute shame for these characters who use to have such rich personalities and relationships to be reduced to propping the British dead weight.

Jennifer should have been driving faster and taken the wench out.  Whoever referred to her as "low rent fish and chips" was spot on.

• Applause 7
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

the idiotic writers can keep that shit.

Pretty much my mantra of late.

I read the spoiler of Gwen forgiving Jen and it just makes my head spin. Ron is really going about this the wrong way. Is the plan to make us hate her...or have us root for her, as Gwen reforms and becomes the happy new daughter eventually?

Cause that's not gonna work.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Apparently, Gwen is the new Ben.  Gee, it even rhymes.  All she has to do is get up to speed with some serial killing and she'll be an honorary Weston, Tee shirt and all.  How long till even Julie not only welcomes her into the bosom of the family?  

Does Show have an actual department devoted to nothing but propping?

How proud they must be.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Based on the spoilers above, I think that Ron wants Chanel, Allie and Alex to be in a polyamorous relationship. I could be wrong in my speculation though but we will see.

I'm interested but like if only it could be Chanel and 2 other people. Like, possibly any 2 other people lol.

I'm interested in the Gwen/Jennifer stuff. EO will kill that.

I don't really remember Mike. Can someone briefly sum him up?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mike is Jen's bro and Laura's son. I believe he's significantly older than Carrie (has character history going back to the 70s?), but ended up pining away for her in the 90s, right around the time Sami was trying to steal Austin from her sis. After Carrie and Austin finally married, she found herself dreaming of Mike.

Mike was going for the Chief of Staff position at the hospital and was being sabotaged by his old schoolmate Craig and his wife Nancy. To distract himself from Carrie, he fell into bed with a coworker who ended up being nuts and trying to ruin him, which delighted Craig and Nancy to no end. Carrie did PR for the hospital and kept trying to protect Mike and deny her feelings for him.

Eventually she divorced Austin and literally rode off into the sunset with Mike, as Tribeca hinted.

...then they broke up off screen, naturally 🙄

Apparently the actor last reprised the role the week of Alice Horton's funeral, but they had Mike in a car accident so he spent three episodes in a hospital bed and didn't even appear in the big cast reunion/funeral scenes.

So it's been a while for him...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't really remember Mike. Can someone briefly sum him up?

IMO, Mike was an interesting character in the 80s when played by Michael T. Weiss. (He's really the only Mike in my book.) He played him as a fun loving, joking guy who had a great heart.  Had good chemistry with many characters.  RC's Mike is dull, somber, and boring. He should probably hang out with Eric. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

IMO, Mike was an interesting character in the 80s when played by Michael T. Weiss. (He's really the only Mike in my book.) He played him as a fun loving, joking guy who had a great heart.  Had good chemistry with many characters.  RC's Mike is dull, somber, and boring. He should probably hang out with Eric. 

Yeah. Alas, I read here from someone (forget who or where) that apparently, Michael T. Weiss gave an interview where it sounded like he didn't look back on his time on Days too fondly.

If so, looks like Roark Critchlow's version is the one that sticks.

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently the actor last reprised the role the week of Alice Horton's funeral, but they had Mike in a car accident so he spent three episodes in a hospital bed and didn't even appear in the big cast reunion/funeral scenes.

Yeah, that made no sense and was just dumb as hell. Alice was Mike's grandmother. The show should have used him in that vein, with the family, celebrating Alice's life.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@peachmangosteen (and anyone else!), here is an old NBC Daytime ad with Michael T. Weiss' Mike (and his love interest, April Ramirez, played by Lisa Howard, who married Nick Corelli, also in the commercial!).

Nick was also Eve Donovan's former pimp and they (Nick and Eve) seemed to also develop feelings (believe this was after this with April). Had to be after, because once Nick ended up dead, IIRC, he left Eve everything.

Not much else of MTW's Mike online, but someone did some video with his love interest, Robin Jacobs, mother of his son, Jeremy. If I recall, she was also a doctor but they split because of religious differences. (Robin was Jewish.)

On a side note, for a doctor, MTW's Mike rocked the Bo Brady/beard and mullet look!

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah. Alas, I read here from someone (forget who or where) that apparently, Michael T. Weiss gave an interview where it sounded like he didn't look back on his time on Days too fondly.

If so, looks like Roark Critchlow's version is the one that sticks.

Yeah, that made no sense and was just dumb as hell. Alice was Mike's grandmother. The show should have used him in that vein, with the family, celebrating Alice's life.

I kinda figured MTW would never come back. Moved on to bigger and better things.  He was on something (forget what) my hubs and I watching one night some time back. When MTW came on screen, my hubs called out, "The Pretender!" To which I countered, "Mike Horton!" The kids just looked at us both totally lost. lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

@peachmangosteen (and anyone else!), here is an old NBC Daytime ad with Michael T. Weiss' Mike (and his love interest, April Ramirez, played by Lisa Howard, who married Nick Corelli, also in the commercial!).

Nick was also Eve Donovan's former pimp and they (Nick and Eve) seemed to also develop feelings (believe this was after this with April). Had to be after, because once Nick ended up dead, IIRC, he left Eve everything.

Not much else of MTW's Mike online, but someone did some video with his love interest, Robin Jacobs, mother of his son, Jeremy. If I recall, she was also a doctor but they split because of religious differences. (Robin was Jewish.)

On a side note, for a doctor, MTW's Mike rocked the Bo Brady/beard and mullet look!

Robin returned with sick baby Jeremy right when Mike and April were getting serious. April wanted Mike to be with his kid because of get own daddy issues so married Nick to force Mike back to Robin. Meanwhile Nick was madly in love with Eve but realized the ick factor of a)being the pimp who got her into prostitution at 15 b)being about twice her age c)Eve was still under 18 so he married April to get Eve to stop trying to seduce him as she was mad for him after the  whole Phantom of the Opera knock off story. Then they decided to give Nick a tumor so he could do a ton of black and white Casablanca dream sequences with April as the heroine and Eve as the vixen. It went on way too long but eventually Eve turned 18 and Mike left town and it all ended abruptly 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Robin returned with sick baby Jeremy right when Mike and April were getting serious. April wanted Mike to be with his kid because of get own daddy issues so married Nick to force Mike back to Robin. Meanwhile Nick was madly in love with Eve but realized the ick factor of a)being the pimp who got her into prostitution at 15 b)being about twice her age c)Eve was still under 18 so he married April to get Eve to stop trying to seduce him as she was mad for him after the  whole Phantom of the Opera knock off story. Then they decided to give Nick a tumor so he could do a ton of black and white Casablanca dream sequences with April as the heroine and Eve as the vixen. It went on way too long but eventually Eve turned 18 and Mike left town and it all ended abruptly 

The Nick/Eve storyline would never be written in our day.  It was a creepy but fascinating storyline. 

I never understood why Mike did not get back together with April if he and Robin were not going to..  I get the impression that Michael T. Weiss leaving through whatever plans the show had for Mike out the window.

Nick became a true villain during the end of his run on the show..  I wish that Eve had spoken about him when she came back in the form of Kassie Depaiva.. He had an impact on her life for better or for worse..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

So, if Mike and Nancy are going to casually get together in New York, does that mean that Nancy is leaving? There really is no point for her to be in Salem, other than to give Bonnie a friend. 

ETA: Except that  just read that Joy is coming to Salem and wants her parents together again. So, who will they match Joy with - Alex? Johnny?

Edited by Retired at last
  • Applause 3
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait....what Phantom knockoff storyline? Phantom of the Armoire?

Nick burned off half his face drag racing Scott Reeves. He holed up in a mansion he owned. Some guy named Eddie kidnapped Eve and held her in same mansion. She sung Wind beneath my Wings for weeks until Nick rescued her. It was better than it sounds 

14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The Nick/Eve storyline would never be written in our day.  It was a creepy but fascinating storyline. 

I never understood why Mike did not get back together with April if he and Robin were not going to..  I get the impression that Michael T. Weiss leaving through whatever plans the show had for Mike out the window.

Nick became a true villain during the end of his run on the show..  I wish that Eve had spoken about him when she came back in the form of Kassie Depaiva.. He had an impact on her life for better or for worse..

Yeah I actually rage quit the show for two years after they literally turned Nick evil in the course of a month. October 1 he and Eve finally got together. Halloween he was shot and vilified. This after years of redemption arcs culminating in Alice Horton asking him to read the Christmas story to the kiddos at the hospital. Such a waste. And I never saw Kassie version of Eve as the one Charlotte played so kind of glad she didn't bring up Nick. Yeah creepy but they were both so damaged it kinda worked

Edited by brisbydog
Edit
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Nick burned off half his face drag racing Scott Reeves. He holed up in a mansion he owned. Some guy named Eddie kidnapped Eve and held her in same mansion. She sung Wind beneath my Wings for weeks until Nick rescued her. It was better than it sounds 

Yeah I actually rage quit the show for two years after they literally turned Nick evil in the course of a month. October 1 he and Eve finally got together. Halloween he was shot and vilified. This after years of redemption arcs culminating in Alice Horton asking him to read the Christmas story to the kiddos at the hospital. Such a waste. And I never saw Kassie version of Eve as the one Charlotte played so kind of glad she didn't bring up Nick. Yeah creepy but they were both so damaged it kinda worked

I can't stand KdP as Eve. She should have just played a new character because she doesn't look, talk, or act anything like Eve.  Agree too that Eve and Nick were a good damaged pair together. A little dark romance-ish but they had chemistry together and it drew you in, unlike most of the couples today. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

They turned Nick into a hitman for that odious Lawrence.  Then Jo, Jack and Steve mother's killed him to avenge Steve's death and Jack covered up for her crime by having her fake insanity.  So I understand your fury, it just seemed like lazy writing by the new writers who needed a fall guy for Lawrence's crimes.. After he died, Eve floundered with no purpose on the show and then they hastily put her with Frankie which never made any sense to me.. He was not her type at all. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1

In my head Nick was revived by Gencon the same way Steve was and has been residing in a Mexican mansion for 30 years. If Charlotte ever came back he could break her out of jail and Eve could get a happy ending with the one guy who put her first 

Right before our first lockdown in Ontario I saw the actors who played April and Nick on TV talking about a play they were doing in Kingston. They've stayed good friends and very neat to see them together 30 Years on. She looks the same but I would not have recognized him.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

In my head Nick was revived by Gencon the same way Steve was and has been residing in a Mexican mansion for 30 years. If Charlotte ever came back he could break her out of jail and Eve could get a happy ending with the one guy who put her first 

Right before our first lockdown in Ontario I saw the actors who played April and Nick on TV talking about a play they were doing in Kingston. They've stayed good friends and very neat to see them together 30 Years on. She looks the same but I would not have recognized him.

Cool!

I do know at the time he was on Days, the actor playing Nick Corelli went by George Jenesky. From what I understand now, he goes by the name Conrad Dunn.

(Never knew until recently that Jenesky/Dunn also had a role in the Bill Murray movie, Stripes, in 1981!)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Cool!

I do know at the time he was on Days, the actor playing Nick Corelli went by George Jenesky. From what I understand now, he goes by the name Conrad Dunn.

(Never knew until recently that Jenesky/Dunn also had a role in the Bill Murray movie, Stripes, in 1981!)

Yes Conrad Dunn is his real name and that's how Lisa Howard referred to him. He used the other name briefly as an homage to a family member but said it didn't go over well so he swapped back 

He seems to have worked mostly in Canada since Days. I found a lovely interview with him where he talked about Stripes and his memories of how amazed he was at how talented Charlotte was at such a young age.

Spoilers to stay on topic:

10/3

• Sarah blasts Gwen for trying to frame her.

• Will urges Sonny and Alex to make peace.

• Jennifer has a horrifying realization.

• Chad lends Stephanie a hand.

10/4

• Mike Horton returns to Salem.

• Chad receives an unexpected job offer

• Leo tries to pump Jack for cash.

• Nancy and Craig consider the possibility of reuniting.

10/5

• Kristen solicits Marlena's help.

• Jack and Jennifer share a tearful goodbye.

• Rex delivers devastating news to John.

• Leo makes Craig an offer.

10/6

• Rafe and Jada find Nicole and Eric in a compromising position.

• Chanel gives Johnny advice about Ava.

• Allie confides in Will about her fight with Chanel.

• Gabi and Ava plot out how to respond EJ’s offer.

10/7

• Stephanie and Chad grow closer over drinks.

• Chanel is taken aback by Allie’s scandalous suggestion.

• Paulina gets a surprise visit from Sloan

• Ava and Johnny come clean with EJ.

Edited by brisbydog
Edit
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

At the time, Roark C gave interviews in the soap rags explaining that he had so much other work (Pretty Little Liars, V) that he couldn’t make it to the set to shoot the big group scenes with the other returning guest stars. So the show segregated Mike in the hospital rather than leave him out entirely. It may have been the best choice out of bad options.

I remember when Alison Sweeney wasn’t available to shoot Shawn Senior’s funeral scenes so they shot Sami’s reaction separately and cut it as if she was in the room with everyone else but in a corner not touching or interacting with or getting too close to the others. It looked ridiculous, and it would have looked even more ridiculous if they’d tried it with Mike by Alice’s coffin. 

17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait....what Phantom knockoff storyline? Phantom of the Armoire?

Nick/Eve did have gung-ho inappropriate chemistry at the time, but I rolled my eyes a lot at the falling chandelier. 

(Weirdly, I thought their chemistry fell way off once she finally got old enough that they weren’t a total taboo and they had their brief official relationship.) 

Edited by Panopticon
  • Love 3
On 10/1/2022 at 1:04 PM, brisbydog said:

Oh it sure was! I loved that story and could never warm up to anyone other than Charlotte Ross in that role because of it, lol. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

Monday, October 10, 2022
Things heat up between Chad and Stephanie.

Tuesday, October 11, 2022
Johnny realizes he may have a way to get back at EJ. 

Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Wendy and Johnny realize they have a mutual goal.

Thursday, October 13, 2022
Roman proposes to a dying Kate.
Marlena confides to John she fears the end is near. 
Chloe makes a shocking suggestion to Brady.

Friday, October 14, 2022

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Things heat up between Chad and Stephanie.

Chad, girl, it's been a minute lol.

I'm interested to see if Wendy and Johnny have any chem. Although, I'd rather they would have brought Tripp or Joey back with Wendy and did Johnny/Ava for real instead.

• Love 6