Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Can we just keep Susan and have Stacey stop playing Kristen? Under Stacey Susan has started reminding me of Wacky Opal from All My Children, and I like that.

I am so scared this kidnap thing will go bad and Susan will die. I love her and EJ and I need Kristen to go away permanently 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

FB_IMG_1667562967705.jpg

I seriously hope Sarah finally sees what a Bozo (pun intended) Zander is after this. Has she found out he nearly killed Sami and Lucas for money yet? That he only didn't because Sami offered him more than Kristin?  

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 10/28/2022 at 8:10 PM, Pearson80 said:

Lol..I am just so sick of Gwen.. 

Here here!

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm glad. I prefer Xander as a low stakes criminal over being a schmoopy good guy just because he's with Sarah.

He's already done such awful stuff though...I want him to be viable as a character.

Hurting Susan? That's just...evilevilevil!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He's just kidnapping her lol. Being a bad/gray character that maybe does some petty crimes is what Xander should be to me.

4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I hope Xander and Susan are played for laughs right off the bat. I don't want her in actual peril

I mean we see him chloroform her as she's screaming and fighting back. Granted, this show doesn't take very much serious anymore, but that still doesn't seem like a I Love Lucy reinterpretation of a kidnapping.

I don't think the show is trying to make Xander good for Sarah. Sarah herself has kidnapped a child and went on the run. Even before that she went around town screaming at everyone for any reason she could. 

I think the showrunners just like Xander.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They always take a character too far and then try to just pretend they're good now because they want to keep them on the show. 

And yet, they got rid of Evan and Charlie. Ugh, if only my faves were their faves!

They aren't even pretending with Kristen.  She is vile. At least Xander does nice things like keep up the gardening chez Horton house 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

At least Xander does nice things like keep up the gardening chez Horton house 

This reminded me, I was annoyed but Xander acting affronted at EJ's suggestion that he do garden work for him. I mean, obviously EJ was being an asshole but Xander thinking he's better than that kind of work is rich lol.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This reminded me, I was annoyed but Xander acting affronted at EJ's suggestion that he do garden work for him. I mean, obviously EJ was being an asshole but Xander thinking he's better than that kind of work is rich lol.

What happened to his actual good idea to get Clyde's old job when it became vacant?

• Love 2
19 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I do too..but he can't keep hurting or nearly killing sympathetic characters and stay likeable.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought it was because it was for EJ if it was for Maggie he wouldn't have any problems doing that for her. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I mean we see him chloroform her as she's screaming and fighting back. Granted, this show doesn't take very much serious anymore, but that still doesn't seem like a I Love Lucy reinterpretation of a kidnapping.

I don't think the show is trying to make Xander good for Sarah. Sarah herself has kidnapped a child and went on the run. Even before that she went around town screaming at everyone for any reason she could. 

Sarah kidnapped a child because she had been raising that child as her own and was reeling from the news her actual child was dead. Plus one of that child’s parents is a sociopath like Kristen. Rachel would have been better off if she was never returned to that situation. But, she didn’t kidnap her because she was bored. She’s not Xander who keeps kidnapping people and threatening to kill people all because he wants money. 

I think the show is trying to make him good for her. If not, they wouldn’t have bothered to have Sarah almost break up with him when she found out just one of the low things he did when she was away. And they wouldn’t have had him promise her that he left his life of crime behind. With this spoiler that Xander confesses to Gwen, I think they might be trying to highlight the different dynamics between Xander/Sarah and Xander/Gwen. Gwen will accept him for the cretinous lowlife criminal he is while Sarah wants him to be better.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Sarah kidnapped a child because she had been raising that child as her own and was reeling from the news her actual child was dead. Plus one of that child’s parents is a sociopath like Kristen. Rachel would have been better off if she was never returned to that situation. But, she didn’t kidnap her because she was bored. She’s not Xander who keeps kidnapping people and threatening to kill people all because he wants money. 

I think the show is trying to make him good for her. If not, they wouldn’t have bothered to have Sarah almost break up with him when she found out just one of the low things he did when she was away. And they wouldn’t have had him promise her that he left his life of crime behind. With this spoiler that Xander confesses to Gwen, I think they might be trying to highlight the different dynamics between Xander/Sarah and Xander/Gwen. Gwen will accept him for the cretinous lowlife criminal he is while Sarah wants him to be better.

I know why Sarah kidnapped Rachel, but that doesn't changed that she kidnapped her and went on the run with her. Kristen may be a sociopath, but Brady isn't. Sarah wasn't stealing Rachel from one parent but both of them. Also, Sarah willingly chose to keep Mickey's paternity from Eric, as well. I'm not arguing that Sarah is as vile a human as Xander, but she also isn't an entirely virtuous one either. Also, as I said, Sarah spent her first few months on the show lambasting people for things that in no way impacted or affected her. She came off as someone who was cruel and combative just because. Personally, I liked that version much more than whatever we have now.

Also, it's hard to say Gwen will accept Xander for who he is and Sarah won't, when Sarah forgave Xander for his role in the very baby switch that caused her so much pain. She also forgave Xander for his role in the Orpheus/Adrienne car crash cover up that resulted in Maggie being imprisoned and nearly killing herself.

Xander in no way needs to be a better person for Sarah because she's repeatedly made surface level protestations for his dastardly deeds simply to forgive him because the show has no where else to put Sarah.

• Applause 2
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

With this spoiler that Xander confesses to Gwen, I think they might be trying to highlight the different dynamics between Xander/Sarah and Xander/Gwen. Gwen will accept him for the cretinous lowlife criminal he is while Sarah wants him to be better.

I wish they'd let Xander and Gwen be a bad couple but they keep trying to make them 'redeemed.'

4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Xander in no way needs to be a better person for Sarah because she's repeatedly made surface level protestations for his dastardly deeds simply to forgive him because the show has no where else to put Sarah.

Yea, they just don't work imo. I don't know who else they could put Sarah with though. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Kind of wish she'd get a happily ever after with Rex.

Unpopular, but I don't care for Rex. And that includes when he was played by Eric Winter. Neither he nor his sister, Cassie, should have ever existed. Stupid story all the way around.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Unpopular, but I don't care for Rex. And that includes when he was played by Eric Winter. Neither he nor his sister, Cassie, should have ever existed. Stupid story all the way around.

I wouldn't have minded those two existing if they were

1) Written as Orpheus's children instead of Zoey/Evan

or

2) Tony/Anna's long lost kids(because there needs to be someone other than Chad and EJ that should create future Dimeras)

Instead they made them aliens and then tied them to Roman/Kate for no real reason as if they don't have enough kids before giving them two they never needed. Plus I thought Lucas/Cassie had chemistry and they completely ruined that by making them siblings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Same here.  Rex and Cassie should have been Orpheus children when they came on the show years ago.  They should have targeted Jarlena Roman and their children.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
On 11/6/2022 at 7:10 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Instead they made them aliens and then tied them to Roman/Kate for no real reason as if they don't have enough kids before giving them two they never needed. Plus I thought Lucas/Cassie had chemistry and they completely ruined that by making them siblings.

A Sami/Lucas/Cassie triangle would have been amazing. Let Sami fight it out with another woman for Lucas's affections for once but that would require the show caring about Lucas as a character in his own right and not being an extension of Sami. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I am not watching the show much anymore, but checking in here periodically. I am confused - who did Chanel allegedly murder?

The writers, I suspect, for saddling her with Allie and Alex.

Dr Rolf must have brought them all back to life.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

But what about her artistic integrity or whatever the crap she spewed about leaving. Sounds like that didn't work out and now she needs a paycheck. 

I bet there will be some lame jokes about how much Alex Kiriakis resembles Ciara's twu wuv serial-killer hubby. Ron can never resist the obvious.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Guys, you know what this means?  Rob will play 2 characters---just what everyone wanted.

1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

But what about her artistic integrity or whatever the crap she spewed about leaving. Sounds like that didn't work out and now she needs a paycheck. 

Gosh, such a surprise.  I guess VK discovered that it takes more than a steel-encased pushup bra and and sounding like an enraged donkey to build a career?

Good God.  Why doesn't Show just fire everyone besides those two bumbleflarks and replace everyone else with hand puppets?  

Yep, things CAN get worse.  And Peacock wants us to PAY for this crap???

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Do we know if she's back for good or just a short return?  GG did say something about "This week?"  Maybe it was DOOL who caved.  She didn't want to sign a contract, IIRC and DOOL didn't want to keep accommodating her. 

• Love 3

Double boo!!

But with Hope and Bo back it feels rather fitting. Hopefully they don't have RSW do double duty as Alex and Ben. I'd love him to stay the hell out of Bo's return.

...anyone else getting a sinking feeling that all these returns - supposedly including Eileen as well - might be for...a big finale? 🥺 The show hasn't been renewed beyond next year and they're filming at least months ahead so...maybe they're gearing up for the final weeks of the show by bringing back the other vets?

Either that or it's another Beyond Salem.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Double boo!!

But with Hope and Bo back it feels rather fitting. Hopefully they don't have RSW do double duty as Alex and Ben. I'd love him to stay the hell out of Bo's return.

...anyone else getting a sinking feeling that all these returns - supposedly including Eileen as well - might be for...a big finale? 🥺 The show hasn't been renewed beyond next year and they're filming at least months ahead so...maybe they're gearing up for the final weeks of the show by bringing back the other vets?

Either that or it's another Beyond Salem.

It could be both I'm ok if the show ends tbh since its move to Peacock I have barely kept up with it. 

22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

A Sami/Lucas/Cassie triangle would have been amazing. Let Sami fight it out with another woman for Lucas's affections for once but that would require the show caring about Lucas as a character in his own right and not being an extension of Sami. 

Not to mention Cassie wasn't some wilting flower either. She didn't care for Belle much either.

• Love 1
On 11/8/2022 at 1:32 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I bet there will be some lame jokes about how much Alex Kiriakis resembles Ciara's twu wuv serial-killer hubby. Ron can never resist the obvious.

Why is Ron so obsessed with doppelganger stories? Most of the time the actors don't really sell it in my opinion.  Anne Heche set a bar for me when it comes to a dual role  as Vicky/Marley that I have never seen replicated in any other genre in my humble opinion.. May she rest in peace!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

When I read the article linked above, I had to laugh at one of the comments that Allie was one of the best characters on the show and the reason she watches. Yikes!

There's another article that lists the "top 10 DOOL characters", and CIN (yes, together) is LISTED HIGHER THAN ALICE HORTON.

Rage.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1