Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 8/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, Retired at last said:

Is Ava for sure leaving? Does this mean that she will be the murderer of Abby or do they just not know what to do with her? I thought they were hooking her up with EJ.

Oh, I definitely hope she's leaving!  She's the worst, and I see no chemistry with EJ at all.  (I don't see her have chemistry with anyone, actually, JMO.)  She needs to go.

• Love 3
On 8/16/2022 at 9:40 PM, Artsda said:

Rolf brought him back to life when he had no heart for 4 years, he probably would have something to make his limbs ok too. Lol

Sort of reminds me of this. Just replace head with heart:

• LOL 6
37 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

A six year old goes up against Chloe? She has been rapid-aged again?

So sick of anything Kristen, so that includes this brat. Ship her off to Siberia until she is 150. Chloe should stomp Rachel like a bug.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Which posts? I haven't seen anything?

All the giggling over Leo supposedly being Ron Carlivati's avatar, or the gross insinuation that he is abusing his authority as headwriter to undress a young male employee for his personal gratification.

I don't see the same kind of narrative being directed at straight male (or female) showrunners when they blatantly favor one character/actor over another, nor is the half-naked appearance of actors of the opposite sex deemed some kind of "wish fulfilment". 

I've noticed this rhetoric has been directed at Frank Valentini over at GH too, even though there are other people playing the headwriter role. Fans can hate the direction a show has taken or the bias shown towards certain actors/characters, but it crosses a line for me when they choose to attack the person on the basis of their sexuality. It feeds into the harmful and deeply prejudicial tropes about LGBTQ+ people that have seen a devastating resurgence of late.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Aymery said:

All the giggling over Leo supposedly being Ron Carlivati's avatar, or the gross insinuation that he is abusing his authority as headwriter to undress a young male employee for his personal gratification.

I don't see the same kind of narrative being directed at straight male (or female) showrunners when they blatantly favor one character/actor over another, nor is the half-naked appearance of actors of the opposite sex deemed some kind of "wish fulfilment". 

I've noticed this rhetoric has been directed at Frank Valentini over at GH too, even though there are other people playing the headwriter role. Fans can hate the direction a show has taken or the bias shown towards certain actors/characters, but it crosses a line for me when they choose to attack the person on the basis of their sexuality. It feeds into the harmful and deeply prejudicial tropes about LGBTQ+ people that have seen a devastating resurgence of late.

I agree that gay people in the arts, creators particularly, have their sexuality brought into the conversation as if its relevant to their work in a way that straight creators' sexuality almost never is...that said, I haven't seen anything overtly homophobic in these threads.

Ron has absolutely brought gay content back into the narrative of Days, from revitalizing Will to making Craig closeted...so I get why his orientation would he viewed as linked to his work. Leo (once it was pointed out to me) does stand apart in that he is a gay character who operates in a way that Ron seems to favor - big entrances, sassy comebacks, stirring the pot - and could very well be his self-insert character. Or not. He could just be the show's first gay villain/troublemaker, and that's it. I don't know what Ron is like as a person. He may be exactly like Leo or nothing like Leo.

The bigger issue is...we have negative feelings about the way Ron has shaped the show. If he were straight and wrote the show poorly and had a dude character he'd created who was getting focus and was straight too, maybe we'd wonder if that character was his self-insert character too. When someone is doing a lousy job, you nitpick.

I think the fear here is that we're picking on him because he made the show so gay - which is absolutely not the case. I might be wrong, but this community (who I've been chatting with weekly for years now) is respectful of all people.

Maybe on other boards folks are openly homophobic and dislike Ron and Leo purely because of that. I don't think that's happened here yet.

And I'd rather it didn't, so if gay characters on DOOL bother any of you, please go post elsewhere. We don't share your issues. That won't be welcomed here.

If Ron is playing out some fantasies through the show....so what? Soaps are all about romantic fantasies. Men lose their shirts all the time on these shows. And women are all glamorous and desired all their lives and remarry 10 times. It's all about fantasies.

...the rape stuff, however, bugs the hell out of me.

And no, I don't like RSW getting preferential treatment and no, I dont want to see his abs ever again. But others disagree.

Anyway, I feel like the show is less steamy now than ever, even with all the gay content. So I'm not sure its fair to say Ron is overly sexualizing things from his perspective as a gay man. And no one here has said that exactly yet so...I think we're good.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

think the fear here is that we're picking on him because he made the show so gay - which is absolutely not the case. I might be wrong, but this community (who I've been chatting with weekly for years now) is respectful of all people.

I am gay. I grew up in the 90's and early 2000's, and I can count on one hand the amount of gay male kisses that were on broadcast t.v. that I got to see when I was still a young gay teenager. I am glad that Ron has bought gayness to Days, which didn't have a core gay character until around 2010. (The Bold and the Beautiful STILL hasn't had one, and it's set in the fashion industry!) At the same time, that doesn't make Ron immune from criticism.

I don't think it's homophobic for me to think that Ron is using Leo to play out his fantasies, and that some of these fantasies are problematic. That said, I have never insinuated that Ron is misusing his power in a Dan Schneider kind of way.

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Daytime Royalty Spoilers

Monday, August 29, 2022
Sonny tries to convince Stephanie to work for him.

Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Gabi overhears Li on the phone with Rolf.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Shawn and Belle admit EJ is still a problem between them.

Thursday, September 1, 2022
John, Roman, and Steve receive a mysterious package from Orpheus.
Leo pays Sonny a surprise visit.

Friday, September 2, 2022
Chloe fears Nicole is flirting with disaster.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

FB_IMG_1660962086795.jpg

The headline should read Re-run Ron Strikes Again While Sucking at Pacing for the Millionth Time. Orpheus is the king of long cons so his duplicity with the Salemites is coming to a head way too fast.  If written true to character, he would have toyed with them much longer.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

The headline should read Re-run Ron Strikes Again While Sucking at Pacing for the Millionth Time. Orpheus is the king of long cons so his duplicity with the Salemites is coming to a head way too fast.  If written true to character, he would have toyed with them much longer.  

And he's kidnapped Kayla and/or Marlena how many times now?  Yup, this is something new and exciting all right.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

so if gay characters on DOOL bother any of you, please go post elsewhere. We don't share your issues. That won't be welcomed here.

Isn't this sentiment something that moderators have already pinned/warned posters about?

2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

At this point, I'm so over Orpheus and the the Over the Hill Gang that if he doesn't kidnap them and force them to clip coupons for him so he can get the best deals at Ross Dress For Less on Senior Tuesdays, I'm not interested.  And whatever "room" he's going to hold them in better have more than one bathroom because they're going to need them

Yep, my comments are ageist, but then again I'm that age and I know of which I speak.

Give it a rest, Orpheus.  And Kristen, too.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So reading this more complete list I think Leo does something to Sonny, Chad finds him and delivers news to Justin and crew

8/29

• Alex insists to Allie and Chanel that he's met the woman of his dreams.

• Sonny tries to convince Stephanie to work for him.

• Orpheus crashes Roman's birthday celebration.

• Kayla and Marlena find themselves in a tough predicament.

8/30

• Gabi overhears Li on the phone with Rolf.

• EJ makes a move to get rid of Ava.

• Brady tells Chloe about Kristen's latest stunt. - Kristen continues to conspire with Dr. Rolf.

8/31

• EJ creates chaos at the DiMera shareholders meeting.

• Rolf begins his treatment on Stefan.

• Rachel lashes out at Chloe.

• Shawn and Belle admit EJ is still a problem between them.

9/1

• John, Roman, and Steve receive a mysterious package from Orpheus.

• Alex makes inroads with Stephanie.

• Leo pays Sonny a surprise visit.

• Gwen insists to Chad that she is innocent.

9/2

• Chloe fears Nicole is flirting with disaster.

• Leo finds himself on the hot seat.

• Chad makes a horrifying discovery.

• Justin, Bonnie, and Alex receive devastating news.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

If written true to character, he would have toyed with them much longer.  

Probably due to the limited budget and time he is back. I admit, I just shook my head when I read the latest big plot. Is this the only story they can come up with for these women - possessed or kidnapped? Or, in Kayla's case, just not on at all.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

8/29

• Alex insists to Allie and Chanel that he's met the woman of his dreams.

Alex insisting he's met the woman of his dreams is like Chad insisting he's found Abigail's killer. 

• LOL 9

I think the Eric/Jada/Nicole scenes are a dream at least I hope so because Eric/Jada having sex this soon means their story is already over. 

It took me a second to realize that Sonny/Stephanie are cousins I was wondering why he would offer her a job 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RedElf said:

A new speculation just popped up that Li killed Abigail.  I wonder if he did it, what the motive would be.

I mentioned that as a possibility. Maybe she learned of Stefan’s existence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RedElf said:

A new speculation just popped up that Li killed Abigail.  I wonder if he did it, what the motive would be.

Maybe she told him he absolutely sucks at acting?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am not down for Thomas being the killer. That is WAY too dark. That little kid would probably kill it though. He's a better actor than several of the adults lol.

General Hospital had Michael a child kill his own father AJ and the backlash was so bad that the show had to reverse that disgusting story.  What the hell were they thinking because patricide is not entertainment.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am not down for Thomas being the killer. That is WAY too dark. That little kid would probably kill it though. He's a better actor than several of the adults lol.

Didn't Chase kill his mother and blocked it out?

• Love 1

You have to be pulling my chain with (rumor) Thomas killed Abby. I know Ron can rewrite history, but come on. We are not talking about a gun accidentally going off, we are talking about a brutal stabbing.

What scenario could Ron come up with?

Thomas sneaks out of the movie theater, drives (a 7 year old) back to the mansion, kills his mom, and then drove back to the theater undetected. . .or, Thomas races upstairs after getting home from the movie, kills his mom, washes off the blood, disposes his clothes, and goes to bed.

The writers would need to rewrite the entire night which I mean they could, but. . .

• LOL 4
30 minutes ago, Ral80 said:

You have to be pulling my chain with (rumor) Thomas killed Abby. I know Ron can rewrite history, but come on. We are not talking about a gun accidentally going off, we are talking about a brutal stabbing.

What scenario could Ron come up with?

Thomas sneaks out of the movie theater, drives (a 7 year old) back to the mansion, kills his mom, and then drove back to the theater undetected. . .or, Thomas races upstairs after getting home from the movie, kills his mom, washes off the blood, disposes his clothes, and goes to bed.

The writers would need to rewrite the entire night which I mean they could, but. . .

Unless.....it wasn't really Thomas at the Minions Movie. It was Rachel wearing a Thomas mask pretending to be Thomas, who was home the whole time waiting to murder Mommy...because he's the next contestant on the Devil is Right. 🤣  With Ron, it's a possibility.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 13
4 hours ago, RedElf said:

Didn't Chase kill his mother and blocked it out?

Yes and Aiden covered it up but at least Aiden's explanation of the whole thing was plausible. On this show they said that Chad took the kids to see the Minions movie so how are they going to get out of that one? Course this is the show that had the devil make an appearance so..

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Ral80 said:

Abby said "they" stabbed her. So does that mean Charlotte was her brother'co-conspirator?

I know that they are Dimeras but that are barely out of kindergarten.

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

Abby said "they" stabbed her. So does that mean Charlotte was her brother'co-conspirator?

Maybe they REALLY hated the Minions movie?  

• LOL 8
On 8/23/2022 at 8:57 PM, nilyank said:

Could the writers have used the word "they" to keep the audience guessing whether it was male or female? The "they" is referring to gender instead of more than one.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Ral80 said:

Could the writers have used the word "they" to keep the audience guessing whether it was male or female? The "they" is referring to gender instead of more than one.

That is what I assumed

• Like 1
  • Love 3