Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Meh. Gwennie will pull the crocodile tears and Jack will revert to a jellyfish.

Sadly, the only thing the writers want to use Jack for is to be a sounding board to prop up a poorly developed character. Gwen has been on the show for almost two years, and she still doesn't serve any real purpose.

• Love 11

I rather Hope be killed off than recast because I don't want her ruined anymore than she already has.

However I'll believe it when I see it I am only skeptical because they spelled "confirmed" wrong. Kind of surprised they would let VK go but I know they value RSW more than her despite the fact she's a legacy character.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Reddit. But saw the VK story and Hope recast story in another post today 

Meh. The "VK is out" thing has been going around for a while, and a BI mentioned a "big name" recast. I'll believe this person is legit when I see it, but anyone can sound like someone with info.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Kind of surprised they would let VK go but I know they value RSW more than her despite the fact she's a legacy character.

I'm not surprised (if the rumor is correct) since VK & Rob broke up...plus we all know VK has lofty goals, only coming back to Days when she's broke.

• Love 5

Why on earth would they bring Hope back NOW when her daughter is gone? And the rabid CIN fans would never accept a recast of Ciara. Yes, please let Lani follow Eli and go away. I am glad he has a new role, as he is very handsome and is a much better actor than his "wife." So, would they bring Hope back just to screw with Nicole and Rafe?

• Love 8
22 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JERoP0dXfeY

I'm not sure how to link Youtube, but this video shows Will, Sonny, and Leo's return. This at least adds more credence that Leo may be Craig's lover. 

This actually made me think it's less likely Leo is Craig's lover, if they're teeing up this plotline with Will, Sonny, and Chad that seemingly has no connection to Craig or anyone in his immediate orbit.

Although...I am getting a wiff of a very bad story Ron did on GH, when awful Felix convinced Michael, who is straight, to offer himself up to Brad, who is gay, to get something out of him.  I mean, it does tie back to Leo's history of trying to get straight dudes to bang him (Xander, Brady), but still...there's nothing else, Ron?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

This actually made me think it's less likely Leo is Craig's lover, if they're teeing up this plotline with Will, Sonny, and Chad that seemingly has no connection to Craig or anyone in his immediate orbit.

I actually think that's why it lends more credence to it being Leo. Right now, the Wesley storyline - I'm including Brady in this - is pretty isolated. It eventually will need to involve more characters. If Leo is involved, Will and Sonny are involved. With Sonny, Brady, and Leo involved, there's a chance for more Victor vs Chloe scenes, which the show seems to like. With Victor involved, Maggie is involved. With Leo and Brady involved, there's a chance for John and Marlena to get involved. (Is Leo still Diana's son?)

Also, if Leo is involved in some scheme as the preview seems to intimate, it automatically raises the stakes for Leo/Craig and everyone connected to them. Ron seems to like to put Chloe in danger, so there's something else for the Broe pairing.

Additionally, as I've said a few times, I can't see Ron passing up a "cat fight" between Leo and Nancy.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sidney said:

I just watched a deleted clip the show released of EJ/Belle. They are so going there with those two. And I have to admit there's some nice chemistry between them.

She was the same way with Chad and sadly nothing happened with them. But I don't see that kind of chemistry with Belle and EJ for them to more than anything.

• Love 1

I am really sad Lamon is leaving but in no way surprised. He had potential written all over him. I wish him all the best.

I knew it was too good to be true. We'll be stuck with Ben forever. I hate this.

How in the hell did Leo ever tempt Craig away from Nancy? I mean...even if it was Craig doing the pursuing...Leo? Really? That's who floats his boat after years in the closet?

Looking away just feels like the best decision these Days.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

How in the hell did Leo ever tempt Craig away from Nancy? I mean...even if it was Craig doing the pursuing...Leo? Really? That's who floats his boat after years in the closet?

Well, some could say that he goes for the unconventional type (male or female)...in which case Leo would be right up there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I know it's a soap and soaps thrive on cheating.

But damn, if Belle does go for EJ, I hope Shawn finally writes her off. There's cheating, and there's serial cheating. Is Belle supposed to be seen as a heroine? Because how is a viewer supposed to invest in any romance she has if she is so easily tempted on to the next guy?

As I said, I know soaps thrive on this crap. But it is also hard to root for a supposed "good" character if they are constantly screwing their love interest over. And come on, do we really think Belle will prevail against Sami?

Carrie was decimated for her; Belle will be, too.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know it's a soap and soaps thrive on cheating.

But damn, if Belle does go for EJ, I hope Shawn finally writes her off. There's cheating, and there's serial cheating. Is Belle supposed to be seen as a heroine? Because how is a viewer supposed to invest in any romance she has if she is so easily tempted on to the next guy?

As I said, I know soaps thrive on this crap. But it is also hard to root for a supposed "good" character if they are constantly screwing their love interest over. And come on, do we really think Belle will prevail against Sami?

Carrie was decimated for her; Belle will be, too.

Even Abby doesn't seem this terrible and yes she cheated on Ben with Chad but she has never cheated on Chad. She has that going for her go figure. 

If cheating stories are the only ones they can write for Shelle why can't they just break the couple up for good? Or at least for years till the show ends. That's less embarrassing for Shawn than this.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

Sarah was put on the end-of-show cast list with the actors on contract on Monday, January 31. She is listed after Belle and before Lucas, Paulina, EJ, Chanel, Johnny and TR.

Also on 1/31, Philip was finally dropped from the cast. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

In regards to that promo:

1. That is the real Sarah as evidenced by the wig

2. I don't think Gwen has had time to organize a wedding by this point

3. Abby has spilled all to Jack but she has no confirmation Gwen was involved

4. Sarah has likely been brainwashed into hating Xander for the baby swap as Kristen has never stops banging on about it despite doing the same with Tate and quite willing to do the same to Sarah

5. I love Paul Telfer. He gets that Xander is just kind of a dim bulb

• Love 4
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

2. I don't think Gwen has had time to organize a wedding by this point

Weddings in Salem lately look like they took about two phone calls and five minutes to plan and execute, even for couples with big families. No one likes Gwen of Xander except for Jack. Should be easy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

Weddings in Salem lately look like they took about two phone calls and five minutes to plan and execute, even for couples with big families. No one likes Gwen of Xander except for Jack. Should be easy.

You forgot Ava as bridesmaid lol

• LOL 2

I'm a little late to the party because the convo moved on, but I have a few thoughts regarding a Hope recast - they might want her back for two reasons: 

(a) Another grandchild is about to be born.  If Ben stays and Ciara leaves, she might fight him for custody?  Or at least help him raise the kid, if Ciara goes missing again or even "dies."

(b) If they are going there with Belle and EJ, Hope might come back to console her son.  

The added "bonus" would be to screw with Rafe and Nicole.  And if Rafe stays in jail or whatever for long, they may need a Police Commissioner?  

But, IMO, a recast is going to be VERY difficult.  There's only ever been one Hope, and love her or hate her, KA owned that role.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

4. Sarah has likely been brainwashed into hating Xander for the baby swap as Kristen has never stops banging on about it despite doing the same with Tate and quite willing to do the same to Sarah

It would've been much simpler if Sarah's exit was her just admitting she couldn't get past what Xander did and that's why she couldn't marry him. Then if Sarah were to return she would find out that Xander moved on with someone else and she's actually pregnant with his child. 

Hard to believe soaps used to write simple plots and got a ton of drama out of them. Now they try to make things more complicated than they are and neuter the drama entirely.

I liked Xarah together but if Sarah never forgave him for what he did she would be justified in doing so.

These things aren't hard to write.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But, IMO, a recast is going to be VERY difficult.  There's only ever been one Hope, and love her or hate her, KA owned that role.

Understand your POV, but Hope is a central part of the Horton family, so wondering just how long she can stay away (without good reason) before it becomes essential to bring her back.

KA might own the role, but unless we give another actor a chance to prove they can step up to the challenge, we'll never know. I've mentioned a few actors in another post that have taken over for a popular character and made it work. Sure, there was backlash in the beginning, but eventually viewers warmed up to them. And if nothing else, it kept a major storyline going.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Understand your POV, but Hope is a central part of the Horton family, so wondering just how long she can stay away (without good reason) before it becomes essential to bring her back.

KA might own the role, but unless we give another actor a chance to prove they can step up to the challenge, we'll never know. I've mentioned a few actors in another post that have taken over for a popular character and made it work. Sure, there was backlash in the beginning, but eventually viewers warmed up to them. And if nothing else, it kept a major storyline going.

I agree that the character should be a part of the show.  I understood why KA would want to move on, but I was very sad to see the character leave.  And now she's just one of those "oh, she missed her flight back..." throwaway mentions once per month, which I can't stand.

I said that a recast will be difficult, but not impossible, so I agree with you that they should at least give it a try. 

But let's not bring back someone who has already been on the show, please??  Because I still think the "new" Rex is Brady every damn time I see him, LOL.  I don't know how people accepted Josh Taylor as Roman... but I can't imagine that was easy either.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't know how people accepted Josh Taylor as Roman...

I think a significant part of the audience never did. Now he's been in the role for so long that many viewers have never seen anyone else and don't mind him, but "wait them out for 25 years" is not a great plan for ill-considered recasts in general.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

I think a significant part of the audience never did. Now he's been in the role for so long that many viewers have never seen anyone else and don't mind him, but "wait them out for 25 years" is not a great plan for ill-considered recasts in general.

I didn't start watching until after he'd left as Chris K., so to me he's fine.  But I can definitely see how it would be very tough for other, long-time viewers.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

But the Hortons aren't really central to DOOL any longer.  Eli is likely gone thanks to LA's outside work.  Melissa Reeves is clearly not going to do more than pop in when she feels like it.  I think the only reason we're getting Cady back as Jennifer is because they're killing off another Horton-Abigail. I'd love for her kids to be seen as Hortons but, let's face it, the show is obsessed with the Dimeras and that's who they're affiliated the most with.  Lucas is mostly tied to Sami.

There's no meaningful reason to have a recast Hope on the show. I don't like that the Hortons, other than Julie, are so diminished but that's the state of the show. KA could be worth it because she can create stories.  Any other actress would be a face robbing a name and would definitely change who Hope is.

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't know how people accepted Josh Taylor as Roman... but I can't imagine that was easy either.

This is the danger of recasting Hope.  Josh Taylor plays someone who has the name Roman.  He's not written like the actual Roman. He's not acted like the actual Roman. He's fine. I like some of his scenes.  But he's not the guy Northrop played. And yet, he has more cast connections than Hope does at this point.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

This is the danger of recasting Hope.  Josh Taylor plays someone who has the name Roman.  He's not written like the actual Roman. He's not acted like the actual Roman. He's fine. I like some of his scenes.  But he's not the guy Northrop played. And yet, he has more cast connections than Hope does at this point.

IMO, that's on the writers then, not necessarily the actor.  I can't recall entirely,* but didn't Josh Taylor come back during that whole John-is-Roman-is-John debacle?  So maybe the writers actually did it on purpose - Roman isn't who he used to be 10 years ago.  Just a thought, I don't really know.  

(*I didn't start watching this show until the early or mid-90s, and even then, I was still young.  I can't remember every storyline since then either because I took quite a few breaks for school and work.)  

I see Rex as Brady, Roman as Chris, and went they recast Diana I saw her as Angelica (albeit a recast one)

Like others I see nothing of Roman in this version.

Maybe they can recast Hope with Deborah Adair and mess with us long timers some more

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

IMO, that's on the writers then, not necessarily the actor.  I can't recall entirely,* but didn't Josh Taylor come back during that whole John-is-Roman-is-John debacle?  So maybe the writers actually did it on purpose - Roman isn't who he used to be 10 years ago.  Just a thought, I don't really know.  

(*I didn't start watching this show until the early or mid-90s, and even then, I was still young.  I can't remember every storyline since then either because I took quite a few breaks for school and work.)  

Nope. They original Roman, WN, resumed the role of Roman from about 1991-1994 to do the "John is not really Roman" story. That Roman left town in a snit after he found out that Marlena had cheated on him with John. (Not that he didn't have a right to be bitter about getting kidnapped and having his family essentially prefer his replacement, but he divorced his children when he divorced their mother-- and Sami in particular really needed Roman to stay in town right then.)

JT's Roman showed up a few years later, about 1997. It was pretty ridiculous... they undid the really excellent recast of Roman with DH only to recast Roman again with JT.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

Nope. They original Roman, WN, resumed the role of Roman from about 1991-1994 to do the "John is not really Roman" story. That Roman left town in a snit after he found out that Marlena had cheated on him with John. (Not that he didn't have a right to be bitter about getting kidnapped and having his family essentially prefer his replacement, but he divorced his children when he divorced their mother-- and Sami in particular really needed Roman to stay in town right then.)

JT's Roman showed up a few years later, about 1997. It was pretty ridiculous... they undid the really excellent recast of Roman with DH only to recast Roman again with JT.

Wayne Northrup should not have come back as Roman.  Drake's Roman was very popular and undoing 5 years of stories with Drake as Roman was just stupid and short-sighted since Wayne left anyway, so what was the point of making Drake's Roman an impostor.  JT's Roman was just adding more salt to the wound.  His Roman is so pathetic and a nonfactor.  Whereas Roman as both Drake and Wayne was a force to be reckon with..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
On 2/15/2022 at 1:30 PM, brisbydog said:

Last bit obviously should say the real SARAH is back in Salem

273915383_1384129262041915_3886795868738238313_n.thumb.jpg.3894f2060816e96bcd934e6f89b3d5ed.jpg

Man, that was painful to read.  Why must that site add all their stupid commentary? 

5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But let's not bring back someone who has already been on the show, please??  Because I still think the "new" Rex is Brady every damn time I see him, LOL.  I don't know how people accepted Josh Taylor as Roman... but I can't imagine that was easy either.

When I came back to the show in 2014, I only saw Chris Kositchek when Josh Taylor was onscreen.  But now I've accepted him as Roman, moreorless.

And, yup, I still see Brady when Rex in onscreen.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I see Rex as Brady, Roman as Chris, and went they recast Diana I saw her as Angelica (albeit a recast one)

Like others I see nothing of Roman in this version.

Maybe they can recast Hope with Deborah Adair and mess with us long timers some more

Deborah Adair retired from acting which is why she left the role of Kate in the first place.

However I bet they'll go with another former Days actress to play Hope at this point or at least a well known soap name.

• Useful 1
On 2/15/2022 at 2:01 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm a little late to the party because the convo moved on, but I have a few thoughts regarding a Hope recast - they might want her back for two reasons: 

I would honestly hate a Hope recast. KA is Hope, and I prefer she just be offscreen at this point.

Also, I don't see the point of a Hope recast. Allegedly, Ciara is going to be out soon. The show doesn't care about Shawn. Claire isn't around, and Claire/Hope never had much of a relationship in the first place. Jennifer seems to be permanently in Boston. Hope/Marlena never repaired their friendship from the Gina wants John storyline after the time jump. Absolutely everything about a potential Hope/Rafe/Nicole with a splash of Ava storyline seems destined to make me spend my entire paycheck at the local liquor store to cope with the endless atrocity. 

Sadly, the show has been struggling with Hope since 2015. I have no faith the show would know how to transition a Hope recast onto canvas with Julie and Rafe as her main anchors in 2022.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I would honestly hate a Hope recast. KA is Hope, and I prefer she just be offscreen at this point.

Also, I don't see the point of a Hope recast. Allegedly, Ciara is going to be out soon. The show doesn't care about Shawn. Claire isn't around, and Claire/Hope never had much of a relationship in the first place. Jennifer seems to be permanently in Boston. Hope/Marlena never repaired their friendship from the Gina wants John storyline after the time jump. Absolutely everything about a potential Hope/Rafe/Nicole with a splash of Ava storyline seems destined to make me spend my entire paycheck at the local liquor store to cope with the endless atrocity. 

Sadly, the show has been struggling with Hope since 2015. I have no faith the show would know how to transition a Hope recast onto canvas with Julie and Rafe as her main anchors in 2022.

Agreed. Just leave Hope off screen. If a Horton female is needed besides Julie and Sarah, bring back Melissa, either via Lisa Trusel or another recast. (Recast #1, Camilla Scott in the early '90s, seemed successful enough!)

ETA: Wrong Camilla before, though Camilla Moore was on Days back in the day as Gillian Forrester [as was the actress' real twin sister]! Added the correct last name of the actress that played Melissa #2! (Oops!)

• Love 6

"I can't do this without Ben!" is the show's mantra now too, Ciara. Take heart!

Allie delivering the kid feels like a bit much. I realize she's been spending a lot of...um...intimate time with Chanel, Ron, but that doesn't exactly make her a licensed gynaecologist.

...wait...on this show, it probably does.

• LOL 3