Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

A muzzle.

No, wait, that'd be a miracle for us.

Hey? Brady? SHE RAPED ERIC. HE DOES NOT WANT TO HEAR THIS!

Actually Eric does because it is about the orchid and how Kristen is holding it over Marlena’s life as well as Kayla and Kate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So, once the latest Gwen/Xander plot gets discovered, is Jack going to disown her again or will all be forgiven? These scripts are probably getting worn through since they use the same ones over and over. Hate Gwen, but she and Xander have to be together and bad because he is worthless with Sarah (who is worthless to begin with). 

Leo will be around forever because ReRon loves him. so, they will put him with Sonny because Will is out of the picture and they won't bother to recast him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Too fucking bad for Rac-hell. Ship her ass to hell with her psycho mama, already.

She was more likeable when she was Mackenzie I wish they had stuck with that. I mean its not like I'm wanting a Eric/Sarah kid but that had more dramatic impact tbh.

I think the only kid on this show that didn't want their parents together was Carrie. There might be others but she's the only one that seems to stick out.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think the only kid on this show that didn't want their parents together was Carrie. There might be others but she's the only one that seems to stick out.

Allie weirdly never had an opinion while her twin Johnny whined nonstop about wanting mommy with her rapist. (Okay, so Johnny occasionally changed teams and preferred Sami/Rafe.)  

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Allie weirdly never had an opinion while her twin Johnny whined nonstop about wanting mommy with her rapist. (Okay, so Johnny occasionally changed teams and preferred Sami/Rafe.)  

Actually Allie told Sami that Lucas was the one always there for her etc so yes she was for Lucas/Sami.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just swung by the DOOL YouTube page and guess who's prominently featured at the banner across the top?

Chad, PAULINA, BEN, and Marlena.

Oh yes.

Of ALL the veterans who've stuck this show out all these years, Deidre shares her space with RSW, who is, of course, to her immediate left.

And Chad? Really? I like the guy, but he's had almost zero development.

Does Paulina actually draw any viewers in? I can't picture it.

You'd think they'd honor SN or DH and put them up there. Okay - which four faces do you think deserve to be highlighted at the banner across the top?

I'd say....Doc, Xander, SN and Gabi.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
36 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Chad, PAULINA, BEN, and Marlena.

Oh yes.

Of ALL the veterans who've stuck this show out all these years, Deidre shares her space with RSW, who is, of course, to her immediate left.

Are you sure he was Ben? Were his bangs pushed up? That's how you can tell for sure. If the bangs are combed forward, that means he's Alex.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, Panopticon said:

As an adult sure. I thought you meant as a kid. 

Ah yes I don't recall her caring either way but then again how much did we see Allie as a kid? I mean she hung out with Ciara who was the bad girl to Allie's good girl.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

At least they can FINALLY be over this stupid story line.  Of course, it will probably just be more angst until they eventually reconcile.

I get the feeling this entire story is a conduit for Gwen to get Xander. Bleah.

But, as I said, Ron seems to want that badly, so if that is the intent, bring on someone new for Sarah!

If it's NOT (which I'd be shocked at...), then get Gwen the hell away from both Xander and Sarah, let them reconcile or split - after dealing with EXACTLY what Xander did, be it prison or whatever. (And if Susan is alive, maybe Xander helps her or something.)

But I am sick of Gwen being a factor here. And the hacks need to decide if Xander is forever destined to be dark - or redeem him for REAL. The half in/half out writing is shitty.

As for Gwen? Honestly, I wish she'd die, but if she must stay, put her in a new Xander/Sarah/Jenn/Horton-FREE story line and give HER a different love interest or whatever.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Monday, January 2, 2023

• Gabi delivers stunning news to Stefan and Chloe.

• Brady starts having second thoughts about his scheme with Eric as Kristen flips out. 

• Nicole is reluctant to get into bed with EJ.

• Johnny and Wendy contemplate their future.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

• A jealous Alex grills Chad about his friendship with Stephanie.

• Sonny attemps to smooth things over with Will.

• Maggie, Justin, and Bonnie are shocked by what Sarah tells them about Xander. 

• Gwen attempts to cheer Xander up.

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

• Gwen is pressured to flip on Xander.

• Stephanie tears into Alex. 

• Xander is confronted.

• After he gets the divorce papers, Rafe gets some consoling from Jada. 

Thursday, January 5, 2023

• Sloan starts to regret doing a favor for Eric.

• Brady gets tough with Kristen. 

• Kate is worried by what Rex tells her.

• Marlena and John enjoy hanging out at home.

Friday, January 6, 2023

• Kristen and Brady try to figure out what happened to the orchid.

• Eric stuns John and Marlena with his revelation.

• Kate gets worse.

• Alex makes a radical decision. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

Xander is not a good person and he never was so they need to either decide if Sarah thinks she’s too good to be with him or let her decide she loves him so she doesn’t care that he’s ‘bad,’ similar I guess to her mom and Victor. The back and forth is just boring and stupid for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Eric went to jail once already...how is kidnapping a child going to work out in his favor?

...and this is what's on his mind around Christmas??

Eric, buddy...what's up with you?

Someone speculated he's being possessed by the devil that kind of tracks considering.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Eric went to jail once already...how is kidnapping a child going to work out in his favor?

...and this is what's on his mind around Christmas??

Eric, buddy...what's up with you?

It’s on his mind around Christmas because he just found out the woman who raped him and has been tormenting his family for decades is threatening the lives of his mother, stepmother, and aunt. And it’s not really kidnapping per se since the father is in on it. 

11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Xander is not a good person and he never was so they need to either decide if Sarah thinks she’s too good to be with him or let her decide she loves him so she doesn’t care that he’s ‘bad,’ similar I guess to her mom and Victor. The back and forth is just boring and stupid for everyone.

I think it is supposed to be like Victor/Maggie given that Maggie compared their relationships. While there are things like the gross baby swap, I think Victor is supposed to have mellowed and put his criming behind him. I think that’s all Sarah is asking of Xander, which is a pretty low bar. She doesn’t expect him to be a choir boy, but she expects him not to be a criminal anymore and she’s made that very clear. There’s been no real back and forth.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think that’s all Sarah is asking of Xander, which is a pretty low bar. She doesn’t expect him to be a choir boy, but she expects him not to be a criminal anymore and she’s made that very clear. 

I think she needs to realize that isn't gonna happen though and decide whether she wants to be with someone who will always be prone to bad deeds. 

• Like 5
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I half like that but half don't because it means he'll go back to being boring and awful eventually. Although, I suppose that was always inevitable lol.

I too think Eric is a better character this way which means it won't last. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think she needs to realize that isn't gonna happen though and decide whether she wants to be with someone who will always be prone to bad deeds. 

But, she doesn't have a problem with "bad deeds." That's not her issue. But it's not unreasonable to expect your partner to not go around doing things like kidnapping innocent women. 

And, I'm not sure why Sarah has to be the one to lower her standards. Xander was the one who fell for her knowing the kind of person she is. He knew very well what it would require to be with someone like her and still pursued the relationship. He's the one who promised to change. If it's so hard for him to do things like NOT kidnap people, then he should find someone like Gwen who is cool with that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And, I'm not sure why Sarah has to be the one to lower her standards. Xander was the one who fell for her knowing the kind of person she is. He knew very well what it would require to be with someone like her and still pursued the relationship. He's the one who promised to change. If it's so hard for him to do things like NOT kidnap people, then he should find someone like Gwen who is cool with that.

Exactly lol. I imagine Sarah can't deal with who Xander really is so she should probably kick him to the curb for good at this point. Although, I do think they could write it with her accepting that he's gonna keep doing shit like this and have it work tbh. They seem to have a decent amount of fans so that might be the way to go.

• Like 3

But, they will have to figure out what to really do with Xander because he can't keep doing what he is doing and have Sarah brush it off with, "Oh, that rascal Xander!" They really have NOTHING in common - just sex. But, I don't know anyone who deserves to be with the whiny child-doctor.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

But, they will have to figure out what to really do with Xander because he can't keep doing what he is doing and have Sarah brush it off with, "Oh, that rascal Xander!" They really have NOTHING in common - just sex. But, I don't know anyone who deserves to be with the whiny child-doctor.

That's pretty much Victor/Maggie's relationship for the last 12 years tbh. However they're old so its probably more acceptable to people. Plus Victor mostly had others do his dirty work. 

I do agree something about the Xander/Sarah dynamic has to change I think the chemistry between the actors makes this pairing a lot better than it actually is tbh. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

At this point I assume Sarah is an immoral person who has no issue with Xander’s repeated kidnappings, attempted murders, etc., even if she occasionally says she does for show.

I think of Sarah as the teenage girl who drugged Neil and claimed to have been having an affair with him in the hopes of ruining his life (she didn’t know he was her biological father). Yeah, that person might be okay with  Xander trying to murder half the people she knows for the pettiest of reasons. 

(Also: I loved Maggie Horton and had no patience for Maggie Kiriakis.) 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I think of Sarah as the teenage girl who drugged Neil and claimed to have been having an affair with him in the hopes of ruining his life (she didn’t know he was her biological father). 

Damn, I wish they'd bring back that Sarah lol.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Panopticon said:

think of Sarah as the teenage girl who drugged Neil and claimed to have been having an affair with him in the hopes of ruining his life (she didn’t know he was her biological father). Yeah, that person might be okay with  Xander trying to murder half the people she knows for the pettiest of reasons. 

And at least it made sense, since Maggie was cheating on Mickey with Neil (or strongly flirting? Can't remember how far it got!), and Sarah was - in her warped fashion - looking out for her actual father. I say "actual father" because, biology or not, MICKEY loved and raised Sarah.

(And I was also fine because Dr. Neil Curtis as Sarah's dad was ALSO a retcon, since - on screen - Evan Whyland [played by Lane Davies, who would go on to Santa Barbara as Mason Capwell #1, who I loved!] was actually the sperm donor! On another note, I recall reading that an off screen relationship between Davies and Rogers had briefly occurred, as well.)

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And at least it made sense, since Maggie was cheating on Mickey with Neil (or strongly flirting? Can't remember how far it got!), and Sarah was - in her warped fashion - looking out for her actual father. I say "actual father" because, biology or not, MICKEY loved and raised Sarah.

Oh, it was a full-on affair and poor Sarah knew it. There was a good scene where Sarah walked in on Neil and Maggie in flagrante delicto and told Maggie “you should be ashamed. I’m ashamed.” Boyfriend-less, barely-been-kissed Sarah also got backed into pretending that Maggie’s birth control pills belonged to her because she didn’t want to tell Mickey “yeah, Mom doesn’t want to get pregnant by her affair partner.” 

Plus, Neil was completely insufferable at the time. He genuinely expected Sarah to embrace him like a long-lost father, never mind that Sarah already HAD a father who Neil had just betrayed horribly. Because in Neil’s mind he hasn’t done anything wrong and no one had any reason to be upset by the affair.  Sarah’s actions were sympathetic in a way… but they didn’t exactly speak to mental stability or a strict moral code. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sarah's look has remained consistent, though! This was actress Aimee Brooks, who played Sarah in 1990:

http://www.jason47.com/jason47b/images/brooksa1.jpg

Click the link. But, as you see, she was already a young adult!

Wow - they DO look alike. Love that kind of attention to detail.

Too bad Sarah looks all of 33 now (and acts all of 23) because she should clearly be in her 50s apparently!

• Like 3
On 12/27/2022 at 10:03 PM, Panopticon said:

Oh, it was a full-on affair and poor Sarah knew it. There was a good scene where Sarah walked in on Neil and Maggie in flagrante delicto and told Maggie “you should be ashamed. I’m ashamed.” Boyfriend-less, barely-been-kissed Sarah also got backed into pretending that Maggie’s birth control pills belonged to her because she didn’t want to tell Mickey “yeah, Mom doesn’t want to get pregnant by her affair partner.” 

Plus, Neil was completely insufferable at the time. He genuinely expected Sarah to embrace him like a long-lost father, never mind that Sarah already HAD a father who Neil had just betrayed horribly. Because in Neil’s mind he hasn’t done anything wrong and no one had any reason to be upset by the affair.  Sarah’s actions were sympathetic in a way… but they didn’t exactly speak to mental stability or a strict moral code. 

Sarah not being a biological Horton fit in perfectly due to her crazy actions during that time. the Horton family did have mental illness in their family.

Neil was very pushy and he reminded me of Bill Horton when it came to Mike Horton who only saw Mickey as his dad.  I wished that Sara had remained on the show after the Neil reveal..

Sarah was pretty tight with Carrie and Jennifer.. Sarah left the show after Hope's funeral she was pretty devastated..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 6

That makes Maggie giving Sarah Neil's stethoscope - and Sarah's acceptance - WTF. Which I don't think the writers meant.

They probably thought it was a cool use of history, but what played out above just makes it seem like spitting on the fallout of that affair and Mickey. (Even if Sarah named her daughter after him.)

• Like 5
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

That makes Maggie giving Sarah Neil's stethoscope - and Sarah's acceptance - WTF. Which I don't think the writers meant.

They probably thought it was a cool use of history, but what played out above just makes it seem like spitting on the fallout of that affair and Mickey. (Even if Sarah named her daughter after him.)

They pretty much ignored the fact when Sarah left she wasn't on the best of terms with Maggie or Neil. It would've made more sense and been a better story if Sarah returned and still had a less than stellar relationship with Maggie. Then when Rex's cheating was exposed it would've reopened old wounds of Maggie/Neil's affair and how that affected her. However that's too character driven for this show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2