Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)

I love Dano, but no....please.

If they can accommodate RSW with a new character, surely they can do the same with Daytime Legend Dano.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
44 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I love Dano, but no....please.

If they can accommodate RSW with a new character, surely they can do the same with Daytime Legend Dano.

She should've played Jake's adoptive mother.

Its Louise or nothing just say Vivian is dead or have her send a bouquet of dead roses with an equally bitchy note attached celebrating Victor's demise. 

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I read T-Boz was coming back, so there must be some others. I wonder if they are including Viv sitting in her sad cell?

They could bring Sheila back for this but not Eli's exit?

I was hoping JJ would leave before he's ruined further than he already is but I actually am looking forward to JJ/Lucas scenes. Even though its absurd that Lucas is even considered a suspect in his niece's murder.

Will Jack/Jennifer be around or involved at all its as if she's not their daughter or something.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

its absurd that Lucas is even considered a suspect in his niece's murder.

It's also absurd that after the 416 month-long posession storyline in which the DEVIL didn't kill anybody, now suddenly a major character is dead.

Planning!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Even though its absurd that Lucas is even considered a suspect in his niece's murder.

I know Lucas & Jennifer didn't grow up as siblings but Lucas has known Abby since she was a child, so yeah it's absolutely bonkers that he's even a suspect in her death. I haven't been watching so I don't know what the evidence is against Lucas or what his motive would've been, but I really hope he's just a red herring because while he's done a lot of despicable things, it would be total character assassination if Lucas turns out to be Abby's killer.

I haven't been keeping up with the show lately, but I watched Friday's episode and I was surprised that it appears that CIN really are sailing off into the sunset and off our screens. (Hallelujah!) Has it been confirmed that RSW will be coming back as Alexander Kiriakis or is it still just speculation? I'm going to be so annoyed if CIN got this big send off only for them to return in a few months. But if RSW really is going to play a different character, then surely CIN is done for the foreseeable future.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently, VK snd RSW hate each other post-breakup so I'm betting her leaving and him changing characters means that we're done with CIN.

Maybe. For a bit.  But they wouldn't be the first set of actors to not get along while working together but mellow out over the years.  Not all of them were romantically involved but some of them were.  Take Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn on Santa Barbara, for instance.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Maybe. For a bit.  But they wouldn't be the first set of actors to not get along while working together but mellow out over the years.  Not all of them were romantically involved but some of them were.  Take Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn on Santa Barbara, for instance.

Bo and Hope did not get along in real life. I always thought part of it had to do with their pretty considerable age difference - she was 18 and he was 28 when they began their storyline. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Bo and Hope did not get along in real life. I always thought part of it had to do with their pretty considerable age difference - she was 18 and he was 28 when they began their storyline. 

I also think he used to make fun of her weight at the time which gave her issues not sure how accurate it was.

1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ron Carlivati talks spoilers - including ANOTHER character getting offed.

PLEASE BE GWEN!

https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/61463-days-carlivati-interview/#comment-1803324

I'd be ok with this or Kristen but its probably Victor since JA doesn't look so good and would give an excuse for Alex to return to town. Everyone will be vying for Titan.

• Like 4

I also think he used to make fun of her weight at the time which gave her issues not sure how accurate it was.

5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

He also hated kissing her because she was a smoker. She also did not like his domineering ways and they have both said that they spent 16 hours a day with each other 5 days a week even on some weekends because they had frontburner storylines due to their popularity.   So they would clash like a real life couple but it never translated onscreen.  

• Useful 4

I don't know if it is true about him ragging on her about her weight, but she USED to be pretty chunky when she was much younger. I remember when she was ice skating and she looked much larger than she is now (which is way over in the other direction to me).

• Like 1
(edited)

The video quality stinks. Here's Kristian skating in 1984. I wish I looked "chunky" like that now. I thought she looked really natural and pretty in clips I've seen of her in the 80's before she lost weight.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Jaded said:

The video quality stinks. Here's Kristian skating in 1984. I wish I looked chunky like that now.

If that was TPTB's idea of chunky, I'm Santa Claus. Video quality aside, I think KA looked great there!

• Applause 3
  • Love 7

She wasn't chunky.  She weighed more than she does now but she wasn't chunky. 

But I believe the fashionable weight in the 80s was not as emaciated as it became in the 90s. Faces could be a little fuller.  They didn't do crazy contouring. 

Or maybe it was all of the big hair.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently, VK snd RSW hate each other post-breakup so I'm betting her leaving and him changing characters means that we're done with CIN.

Hate is a strong word. What did either one do to the other to deserve hate?

Weeeellllll *supppsedly* he got involved with someone else behind her back or something. I don't know deets but I read something along those lines. Or he found someone fast.

If its the gal he's currently seeing, I could get the frustration as she was photographed wearing a very, ahem, "Ciara" like outfit with him recently so...I'm guessing he likes his ladies to have a certain "look".

Ciara seemed less....into cutouts when VK first took on the role...and with cast seemingly wearing their own outfits on set now to some degree....I wonder if Ciara's fashion sense mirrored VK's in response to her man's preferences.

Maybe I'm waaay off but it's an observation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If that was TPTB's idea of chunky, I'm Santa Claus. Video quality aside, I think KA looked great there!

I thought she looked great too. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She wasn't chunky.  She weighed more than she does now but she wasn't chunky. 

But I believe the fashionable weight in the 80s was not as emaciated as it became in the 90s. Faces could be a little fuller.  They didn't do crazy contouring. 

Or maybe it was all of the big hair.

Yes back then a healthy weight like that wasn't looked down upon. If you saw MBE back then she also looked similar however there were times she was also pregnant in RL too.  Course that was the era of shoulder pads and baggy clothes.

I also think KA could gain some weight and she would look better I thought she was absolutely stunning as she was in the 80s

• Love 4

Fine with Gwen dying - maybe we could also get the reveal that she wasn't actually Jack's child and she manipulated the paternity test results? Maybe she switched her sample with Abby's so the test would say she was Jack's daughter?

None of this will retcon the character assassination they have done on Jack. I think it was a bad decision by the writers to have Jennifer encourage Jack to forgive Gwen for all she had done after Abigail exposed her at the wedding. Jennifer should have been furious and supported Jack instead of pushing him to reconcile with Gwen so quickly after it all went down. In addition, it would have provided Gwen with a cleaner motive for Abby's murder. 

What a shock, bad writing destroying characters on Days - who would've thunk lol

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

When I made the original comment about KA's weight when she was younger, I was just remembering how I felt when I saw that story and, to me, she looked heavy to be a competitive ice skater. I was just comparing her to the ice skaters of that time. I don't remember how old I was, but that was a LONG time ago and is she appeared at that weight today, I would probably have thought she looked fine. Regardless, she is still beautiful.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cmahorror said:

Fine with Gwen dying - maybe we could also get the reveal that she wasn't actually Jack's child and she manipulated the paternity test results? Maybe she switched her sample with Abby's so the test would say she was Jack's daughter?

None of this will retcon the character assassination they have done on Jack. I think it was a bad decision by the writers to have Jennifer encourage Jack to forgive Gwen for all she had done after Abigail exposed her at the wedding. Jennifer should have been furious and supported Jack instead of pushing him to reconcile with Gwen so quickly after it all went down. In addition, it would have provided Gwen with a cleaner motive for Abby's murder. 

What a shock, bad writing destroying characters on Days - who would've thunk lol

I would love for it to be her but I really don't see the show killing off both of Jack's daughters either.

I think its Victor because of JA's age and health. Plus it would pave the way for Alex Kiriakis to return because I can't think of any reason for him to want to arrive in Salem unless it involved something major. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I would love for it to be her but I really don't see the show killing off both of Jack's daughters either.

Agreed which is why this is the perfect time to reveal that she isn't Jack's daughter, that the paternity test was fixed. Kills two birds with one stone - gets rid of a plot development that never should have happened and gets rid of Gwen😜

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Also think, and would be thrilled, if it was Gwen.  It's really the best way to deal with the failure of this character.  The overwhelming majority hasn't fully and wholeheartedly embraced her as Jack's daughter anyway, so the argument that the show wouldn't kill off two of his daughters becomes moot.  Who's really going to be: *gasp* "They killed ANOTHER of Jack's daughters?!" *gasp*  A significant portion of the audience would be happy to see her eliminated as Jack's child.  There's no attachment to her, so she's fair game as far as being the character killed off.  She's dead weight.  Cut her loose and try to salvage what's left of Jack.  Let him focus on his son rather than walk out on him because he dared to call out the useless retcon.  And let the record show, JJ was absolutely correct.  The bitch doesn't GAF about Abby being dead.  Jack is just stupid and ruined.

Killing her off would be the best way to at least try and fix the damage done to Jack.  As long as she's around and he's trying to justify anything about her, he will continue to be damaged goods.  Like, how can he even be upset about anybody that turns up as a suspect in Abby's murder when he has brushed aside everything Gwen did, including HER multiple attempts on Abby's life?  So, it's okay when Gwen tried to kill Abby, but anyone else deserves punishment Jack?  STFU. 

Best case scenario is for Gwen to be the murderer and that she dies after going after JJ or Jennifer and Jack finally has to choose his real family over her and see her for what she really is.  He wants to have his cake and eat it too and it's not possible.  The retcon made it that way.  No one else has as a motive like she does for such a personal attack.  Anyone else as the murderer will be lame.  With a lame motive.  But this whole entire thing has been a lame afterthought.

I don't think it's Victor because he hardly counts as a main character these days.  "Main" is not the same as the historical value and legacy that Victor has.  Plus, I think they'll keep Victor alive, on-screen or off (if JA decides to retire) until JA's actual death.  There's plenty of precedent of that with other characters.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

When I made the original comment about KA's weight when she was younger, I was just remembering how I felt when I saw that story and, to me, she looked heavy to be a competitive ice skater. I was just comparing her to the ice skaters of that time. I don't remember how old I was, but that was a LONG time ago and is she appeared at that weight today, I would probably have thought she looked fine. Regardless, she is still beautiful.

No worries. Actually, I do recall rumors of such about her weight, and my comment was more at TPTB than you! Sorry if you thought otherwise! But yeah, if they thought that was "chunky", THEY had issues, not KA.

46 minutes ago, cmahorror said:

Agreed which is why this is the perfect time to reveal that she isn't Jack's daughter, that the paternity test was fixed. Kills two birds with one stone - gets rid of a plot development that never should have happened and gets rid of Gwen😜

All for it!

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

Also think, and would be thrilled, if it was Gwen.  It's really the best way to deal with the failure of this character.  The overwhelming majority hasn't fully and wholeheartedly embraced her as Jack's daughter anyway, so the argument that the show wouldn't kill off two of his daughters becomes moot.  Who's really going to be: *gasp* "They killed ANOTHER of Jack's daughters?!" *gasp*  A significant portion of the audience would be happy to see her eliminated as Jack's child.  There's no attachment to her, so she's fair game as far as being the character killed off.  She's dead weight.  Cut her loose and try to salvage what's left of Jack.  Let him focus on his son rather than walk out on him because he dared to call out the useless retcon.  And let the record show, JJ was absolutely correct.  The bitch doesn't GAF about Abby being dead.  Jack is just stupid and ruined.

I am so done with Jack and I would be okay with him dying.  Ron has done a number on him and it is painful to see him be so devoted to Gwen who is just a vile worthless human being.  I think we Jack fans are doomed to ever getting the type of writing that we would love to have when it comes him.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I am so done with Jack and I would be okay with him dying.  Ron has done a number on him and it is painful to see him be so devoted to Gwen who is just a vile worthless human being.  I think we Jack fans are doomed to ever getting the type of writing that we would love to have when it comes him.  

I'm not to the point of wanting to see him dead, but I certainly agree that RC has twisted him into something unrecognizable.  Jennifer too.  JJ is the only one, minus the apology, behaving true to form on the Deveraux side.  Jack showed more emotion and anger at JJ for daring to speak truth about Gwen than he has about Abigail dying.  All while Gwen just nonchalantly goes about her day not giving one care about him or anyone else other than her own skin.  He totally deserves to have to deal with Gwen being the one who so violently stabbed Abigail to death.  Explain that away Jack.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
On 7/9/2022 at 10:47 PM, Pearson80 said:

He also hated kissing her because she was a smoker. 

I never understood how she was nearly a professional figure skater and a smoker too.  I guess that's why it was "nearly."

I think that they grew to like each other eventually.  Now, I'm pretty sure that they are good friends.  Peter Reckell wouldn't have come back for the streaming show if they weren't, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I never understood how she was nearly a professional figure skater and a smoker too.  I guess that's why it was "nearly."

I think that they grew to like each other eventually.  Now, I'm pretty sure that they are good friends.  Peter Reckell wouldn't have come back for the streaming show if they weren't, IMO.

When Peter and Kristian left the show in 1987, they could not wait to get away from each other. However, They started to work through their issues when they came back in 1991 for the  cruise of deception storyline that culminated in Hope's death.  Kristian was 7 months pregnant with her second son and she said that Peter was very protective and caring, especially when they had intense love scenes. 

When the fake Bo turned out to be a sexual deviant jerk, it was Kristian that went to Ken Corday with her complaints and Lisa Rinna's who played Billie to get him to woo Peter back to the role. I do think that Kristian and Peter have come to an understanding with each other over the years but I would not classify them as close friends.  They clashed once again in 2012 and it was a big deal behind the scenes.  They eventually got over it and are now in a better place.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I do too.  They were awfully chummy with each other when the show did an anniversary talk show appearance in the 90s.  

• Love 2
On 7/9/2022 at 4:15 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I hoped that was true at first, but then I remembered he wouldn’t be the first actor to play multiple characters and then come back as his original one. Tamara Braun played Ava, then Nicole’s sister Taylor, then returned as Ava. Depending on how well the Alex character worked out - plus any pairing - Ben could rear his ugly head sooner rather than later.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
51 minutes ago, RedElf said:

So, you think somebody is going to figure out that Sarah killed Abby, and that's what interferes with the wedding?

Somebody will think they figured it out. They won't make Sarah a killer. It will be somebody lame as usual

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

So, you think somebody is going to figure out that Sarah killed Abby, and that's what interferes with the wedding?

I think they'll have to accuse and arrest Lucas first.  More red herrings before they find the real killer.

• Love 6

LOL - so are they going to end up telling us that Kristen found a body, slapped on an Abby mask, and had it buried without anyone noticing it wasn't her face????

And, I agree that Sarah being the killer is just another red herring. They won't arrest the real killer until the end of the summer, by which time no one will care (if anyone still does.) In the meantime they will arrest several more people. They still have Gwen, Leo, Lucas, and who else to go? Xander will confess if they decide to arrest Sarah, so there will be that to look forward to as well.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

What I keep thinking is Gwen promising to tell Abby the truth about Laura. I think we will at least get flashbacks of Gwen breaking out of jail and seeing Abby. Honestly they should just make Gwen the killer and be done with her

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeesh. Eve's had it rough. Why was she street walkin' if her father was rich ol' Shane?

She was a teen runaway coming to town to find her birth father. When Shane didn't immediately know who she was she became a hooker to make money so she could stalk him and mess with Kim

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

She was a teen runaway coming to town to find her birth father. When Shane didn't immediately know who she was she became a hooker to make money so she could stalk him and mess with Kim

Eve was the Sami of the 80's. She was also very jealous of Kim being pregnant with her first daughter. Eve going into prostitution caused Kim to lose her first daughter because Kim being heavily pregnant tried to save Eve from herself and she ended up getting hit by Eve's pimp resulting in her baby being stillborn.  Kim and Shane were never really the same after her death. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Eve was the Sami of the 80's. She was also very jealous of Kim being pregnant with her first daughter. Eve going into prostitution caused Kim to lose her first daughter because Kim being heavily pregnant tried to save Eve from herself and she ended up getting hit by Eve's pimp resulting in her baby being stillborn.  Kim and Shane were never really the same after her death. 

Correction, it was the john (client) Eve was with that hit Kim. He was beating up Eve and Kim went to rescue her and got hurt. Nick the Pimp Corelli was many things but he did not beat up pregnant women.

9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

How is Gwen visiting Xander?

she is part of the break out organized by Orpheus

On 7/12/2022 at 11:46 PM, Rafael said:

"Ben and Ciara take on Harris and Megan"

I think I am going to be sick!

You have to give it to Ron for being so hellbent on propping up this awful couple by involving then in every single major event taking place on the show.  He needs to Give it a rest already!!!

Why is Ron using Bo and Hope's history for Cin?  Can't he come up with his stories for his stupid couple? It is just  so annoying..

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who is Jada?

New cop since Rafe just lost the entire police force. Her last name is Hunter and she is black so I am assuming she is Marcus' daughter

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Correction, it was the john (client) Eve was with that hit Kim. He was beating up Eve and Kim went to rescue her and got hurt. Nick the Pimp Corelli was many things but he did not beat up pregnant women.

11 minutes ago, Artsda said:

You are correct it was the client.  Didn't Eve have another pimp before Nick?