Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 12/29/2018 at 7:42 PM, BlackMamba said:

Spoilers

MFriday January 11:

JJ learns Haley has a secret connection to someone else in town

Regarding Haley, I know there was speculation that she was Melinda Trask's daughter. But over on the Daytime Royalty site, someone wondered if she might be Melinda's sister, and apparently one of the site moderators "liked" the post, so ...

• Love 2

It just occurred to me that ushering Chabby out is what necessitated the return of Jack/Jennifer.  Or vice-a-versa; in order to make room for Jack/Jennifer, they gave Chaney the bum rush.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is Melinda Trask the DA? Why would Haley be hiding a connection to her?

Yes.  Don't know.  But here's a couple upcoming spoilers:

It cuts off, but on 1/11 the spoiler is "Melinda and Haley's connection is revealed".
Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SueB said:

It just occurred to me that ushering Chabby out is what necessitated the return of Jack/Jennifer.  Or vice-a-versa; in order to make room for Jack/Jennifer, they gave Chaney the bum rush.  

I think these events are unlikely to be connected since the two couples are of totally different generations. Jack/Jen would not be viewed as a couple that would fill Chabby's space; that's for couples like Ben/Ciara and JJ/Haley. If Jack/Jen have been brought in to fill space for a departed couple, it'd be for Stayla.

• Love 3

Why is Melinda horrible again?  Just because she has the thankless role of a DA on a soap?  Did Melinda do something specifically to JJ or his family I'm forgetting?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why is Melinda horrible again?  Just because she has the thankless role of a DA on a soap?  Did Melinda do something specifically to JJ or his family I'm forgetting?

She prosecuted Gabi and sent her to prison for murder but when she found out it was Abigail who was the real murderer she refused to prosecute her.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

She prosecuted Gabi and sent her to prison for murder but when she found out it was Abigail who was the real murderer she refused to prosecute her.

Even worse, she took money from Stefan (I think implied, not overt) to take Gabi down (and its personal against Gabi) and had been shown to prosecute based on whims versus fair and impartial.  She’s all about re-election.  

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

She enjoys prosecutions. Even when people explain to her that their loved ones are innocent.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, SueB said:

As much as I'm (stubbornly) fond of Chabby, give me Jack and Jennifer any day of the week for the rest of time. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I assume JJ and his family love her then.

I mean I'll wait and see, but I was kind of excited about Haley having a connection to someone and this seems stupid and boring lol. Who even cares about Trask? She hasn't even been on in like a year.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I assume JJ and his family love her then.

I mean I'll wait and see, but I was kind of excited about Haley having a connection to someone and this seems stupid and boring lol. Who even cares about Trask? She hasn't even been on in like a year.

Wasn't she the one  who was determined to put Sami away for killing that Dimera hitman in Rafe's hospital?  She was so one-note and shrill.  It would have given her more layers if we had found out that Sami's past nefarious schemes had hurt somebody she cared about.  She was just heinous for no apparent reason. I can put up with bad behavior in a character if there is a logical reason even if I don't agree. I like it when characters  have a legitimate point of view..

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, Trask is just a character they bring in to be heinous and then leave. Just because she's Asian and Haley's Asian doesn't mean they have to be connected, show.

They do that with Abe. Every black character is connected Abe somehow and every Black woman has to be his love interest. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They do that with Abe. Every black character is connected Abe somehow and every Black woman has to be his love interest. 

This is such an issue for the show. Since Lani is his daughter she can't date him so they pair him up with the only other Black woman on the show and if Eli & Sheila grew up together, then, she's got to be significantly younger than Abe. I'd be more forgiving of the age difference if Sheila and Abe had romantic chemistry but nope. I think Sheila/Abe have more chem than Elani but since Eli is Black and Lani is Black, they have to paired off despite IMO, any real chemistry (I think SS is the issue, not LA in that he clicks with others onscreen much more than her and I thought SS only had noticeable chemistry with Brandon Beemer). I would have been curious to see Eli hook up with someone else on the show like Chloe. He doesn't have many options since he's a Horton and related to so many others already on canvas. And I would have liked to see Lani chem tested with Rex. Elani are boring and looking at the SOD preview commentary that Ron gave, it's not like he's writing for Elani since the only Black person he mentions getting a story as the focal point is "steadfast" Abe. 

Days will put other people of color with white characters and they get more screentime due to that willingness by TPTB, but if it's Black characters, then they pair them all off and either just have them be there to support or to sing at weddings & funerals. There's a reason why it's a running gag by one twitter account that you knew Lexie would step out on Abe when a hunky young Black man would show up in Salem. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 6

I think it's funny that it's like, Xander's trademark, it's part of his brand, and that he probably does it as a power thing.  "Hey Uncle Vic, I'm just gonna wander around your living room practically naked, check it out, old man!"  Hee!

It works for me in a way the Fords' rampant shirtlessness on OLTL did not.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I think it's boring they're going with the same template for JJ and this chick as they did with him and Paige - uh oh, what's gonna happen when her disapproving mom finds out!  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Calling it - Xander offers to "seduce" Leo to help invalidate his marriage to Sonny.

That means he would be helping Sonny.  They don’t like each other.

And why are Xander and Leo wandering around shirtless?  It’s winter.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think it's boring they're going with the same template for JJ and this chick as they did with him and Paige - uh oh, what's gonna happen when her disapproving mom finds out!  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

As long as JJ does not sleep with the momma. 

• Love 6
On 1/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Is Melinda Trask the DA? Why would Haley be hiding a connection to her?

I would hide it too.

If I was Haley I would definitely hide my connection to that witch Trask.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Yeah, but if Uncle Vic offers up a big enough incentive, Xander would do it, he's mercenary like that.  But get the cash in advance, Xan, Uncle Vic has screwed you over before!

And I dunno about Leo (although he appears to be in a swimsuit.  Is there an indoor pool at the K manse we haven't heard about?), but why is Xander wandering around shirtless?  He's Xander!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

I don't know about Leo, but Xander has always put his best pec forward, no matter the season or the reason.

8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I saw a photo of Jordan and Rafe with a baby.

7 hours ago, nilyank said:

Thank God, they gave that stinker story to Jordan and not Sami.

I know, can you imagine a Rafe baby?  The first thing out of it's mouth will be to bark an insult at somebody.  And pout.  Poor Hope, yet one more diaper to change.......

• Love 8

week of January 14:

Monday January 14:

Chad and Abigail share a warm moment.

Tuesday January 15:

Leo presses Xander to accept his indecent proposal.

Wednesday January 16:

Eric attacks Xander!

Thursday January 17:

Eli and Lani hit a major snag as they build the case against Xander.

Abe is furious when he learns Sheila made a costly mistake.

Friday January 18:

Rex's stunning admission sends Sarah into Eric's arms.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, boes said:

I know, can you imagine a Rafe baby?  The first thing out of it's mouth will be to bark an insult at somebody.  And pout.  Poor Hope, yet one more diaper to change.......

Oh, hell no! Call it residual love from her past self, but Hope - even this version - should put a big bow on Rafe and gladly gift him to Jordan and her spawn. Then go find Ted.

• Love 6

Shirtless Xander comments are never gonna get old.  I'm actually looking forward to BOTH Leo and Xander and whatever crazy scheme they hatch that is doomed to fail.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, hell no! Call it residual love from her past self, but Hope - even this version - should put a big bow on Rafe and gladly gift him to Jordan and her spawn. Then go find Ted.

Ted could be another Adrian.  Out for her money.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder if he's going to tell her that he slept with Mimi while they were playing house in Chicago.

In all seriousness, why should we care? We never saw Sarah and Rex fall in love. There is zero investment. Soaps have the luxury of showing instead of telling, but they never do that anymore. Probably why so many have died and the rest are on life support.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

In all seriousness, why should we care? We never saw Sarah and Rex fall in love. There is zero investment. Soaps have the luxury of showing instead of telling, but they never do that anymore. Probably why so many have died and the rest are on life support.

I'm hoping Rex tells Sarah he gave Mimi all her underwear and she sold it on EBay as hamster bedding.

I.Do.Not.CARE.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10