Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Lani is boring as hell. Sal needed to be replaced in the role like three years ago.

And let's not forget, Lani originally had her sights set on ShawnD....or was Rafe first?

She's gone after every man in the cop shop she's worked with...and still has zero personality.

Rafe first but he was not interested  and then Shawn D who banged her but it was not shown.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Rafe first but he was not interested  and then Shawn D who banged her but it was not shown.

They actually were fuck buddies and Lani wanted more. She even went as far as to try to cut out Belle and Claire from his life. Their storyline was edited out on Dena's request. Griffith who loves dark stories was writing Lani as a villainess who was targeting Belle. It could have been an interesting story. However, the racists online were throwing invectives at Sal and Lani for getting in the way of Shelle.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They actually were fuck buddies and Lani wanted more. She even went as far as to try to cut out Belle and Claire from his life. Their storyline was edited out on Dena's request. Griffith who loves dark stories was writing Lani as a villainess who was targeting Belle. It could have been an interesting story. 

That sounds interesting and I would have liked to have seen Sal try to play that. I feel like it would have been hilarious!

• Love 3

I just imagined this...

Sonny: Well, Uncle Jack's been gone a while, maybe I should start going by Jack or Jackson instead of Sonny.  Rebrand myself!

Justin: About that...

ETA...also...

Sonny: I can't believe Uncle Jack is back from the dead.  How, HOW, can this be happening!

Will (entering): Hi everyone!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
49 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just imagined this...

Sonny: Well, Uncle Jack's been gone a while, maybe I should start going by Jack or Jackson instead of Sonny.  Rebrand myself!

Justin: About that...

ETA...also...

Sonny: I can't believe Uncle Jack is back from the dead.  How, HOW, can this be happening!

Will (entering): Hi everyone!

The show has never highlighted Sonny's Johnson side of the family only the Kiriakis. Has he ever referenced his grandmother Jo? I assume he grew up with her in Texas.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Somebody on Twitter just posted that John may be Leo's father.  I can't find any backup for that.

They are speculating because Judith Chapman is coming to the show to play the role of Diana Cooper - Leo's mom. We are going to find out this Diana was Diana Colville played by Genie Francis. Diana was engaged to John when he thought he was Roman. I think she was his love interest for two years before Genie left the show. Diana was his most serious relationship before Isabella comes to Salem.

Diana was also owner of the Spectator with Jack and they were always battling each other.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Somebody on Twitter just posted that John may be Leo's father.  I can't find any backup for that.

I think that they are saying that because Leo's mom is named Diana and some are speculating that Diana is John's ex Diana Colville played by Genie Francis. I loved Rojohn and Diana.  Some are also saying that Diana is Anjelica's sister who will come back to town wanting the Kiriakis money. I would love it if Diana was Anjelica. It is not inconceivable that Anjelica had another child after Alexander. 

• Love 4

I  love both Judith and Genie, but wasn't Judith once Angelica? I have fond but unspecific memories of John/Roman and Diana Colville -- I wasn't a daily watcher back then but would check in, and always loved Genie from the Luke and Laura days. So I guess this means loony Leo will be around for quite a while....ugh. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

I  love both Judith and Genie, but wasn't Judith once Angelica? I have fond but unspecific memories of John/Roman and Diana Colville -- I wasn't a daily watcher back then but would check in, and always loved Genie from the Luke and Laura days. So I guess this means loony Leo will be around for quite a while....ugh. 

Actually, he has stopped taping. So, Leo will be gone in a few months. Judith will play a recast Diana Colville who now goes by Diana Cooper.  It is a shame that Genie did not come back. I always wanted Diana and Marlena to meet. Marlena was such a dark cloud for Rojohn and Diana.  Marlena never really haunted Rojohn and Isabella in the same way. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Exactly how long is Leo sticking around? I read a spoiler that said Sonny and Will remarry on Valentine's Day. But it kind of sounds like you guys think he'll be around until the spring...

He stopped taping a while ago.  Judith stopped as well.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Exactly how long is Leo sticking around? I read a spoiler that said Sonny and Will remarry on Valentine's Day. But it kind of sounds like you guys think he'll be around until the spring...

I think he'll be on screen until April-Mayish. Someone visited the set in September, while he and Chandler were filming scenes for March-April, and it seemed he was done by Mid-October. A May departure would mean a 6-month arc for Leo, which is approximately 3 more months than I can take lmao.

• Love 5
On 12/28/2018 at 9:55 AM, TeeVee329 said:

It took me a minute to figure out why Sonny would care about Jack being alive lol.

I’ve watch Days since the 70s and I had to stop and think why Sonny would care. My first thought was Will being a Horton, and then I realized that Adrienne, is Sonny’s mother and Jack’s sister, so Jack is his uncle (the Six Degress of Incestuousness that is Days keeps going). Gee, I wonder if there is another Johnson sibling who should presumably be present during Jack’s return, yet strangely won’t be? 

• Love 4

Spoilers

Monday January 7:

Jack runs into Kayla and discovers a dark moment from his past.

Tuesday January 8:

Hope persuades Ted to represent Stefan.

Wednesday January 9:

Leo meets Xander for the first time - and is immediately smitten.

Thursday January 10:

Ben and Ciara break up!

Friday January 11:

Eric and Sarah continue to grow closer... but are interrupted by an unexpected return when Kyle Lowder returns to Days.

JJ learns Haley has a secret connection to someone else in town

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

Leo meets Xander for the first time - and is immediately smitten.

That sounds kinda fun.  Revealing Xander is bisexual - or heck, him just using his sexy, shirtless wiles to con Leo - could be soapy.

1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

JJ learns Haley has a secret connection to someone else in town

Do we know what it is?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I’ve watch Days since the 70s and I had to stop and think why Sonny would care. My first thought was Will being a Horton, and then I realized that Adrienne, is Sonny’s mother and Jack’s sister, so Jack is his uncle (the Six Degress of Incestuousness that is Days keeps going). Gee, I wonder if there is another Johnson sibling who should presumably be present during Jack’s return, yet strangely won’t be? 

Well, Stephanie and Joey...

I wonder if there will be any kind of mention that Tripp is also Jack's nephew.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

I think he'll be on screen until April-Mayish. Someone visited the set in September, while he and Chandler were filming scenes for March-April, and it seemed he was done by Mid-October. A May departure would mean a 6-month arc for Leo, which is approximately 3 more months than I can take lmao.

Yeah, that’s what I read — about April or May.  I don’t know what story they have that they can drag out for that long, but I have to agree that is 3 more months than I can take.  Then, Sonny and Will can get five more minutes of happiness before recast Paul (or some other man or situation or whatever) walks through the door.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

Yeah, that’s what I read — about April or May.  I don’t know what story they have that they can drag out for that long, but I have to agree that is 3 more months than I can take.  Then, Sonny and Will can get five more minutes of happiness before recast Paul (or some other man or situation or whatever) walks through the door.

I'm learning just how predictable Ron keeps proving to be, so............yep! Although Will is apparently in the hospital sometime following Leo's departure, so who knows, we might get a nice coma thrown in there to continue delaying their full reunion. If I could roll my eyes any harder they would fall right out of my head.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Actually, he has stopped taping. So, Leo will be gone in a few months. Judith will play a recast Diana Colville who now goes by Diana Cooper.  It is a shame that Genie did not come back. I always wanted Diana and Marlena to meet. Marlena was such a dark cloud for Rojohn and Diana.  Marlena never really haunted Rojohn and Isabella in the same way. 

Rojohn and Isabella -- now that was a nice love story. At least as far as I can recall - mainly, I remember loving the actress. 

And Haley with a mysterious connection to someone in town.....? Interesting, maybe. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
more thoughts
  • Love 5

Whoa, wait: Judith Chapman is now a recast Diana Colville (now Cooper?)?! Not to be ageist (in my mid 40s myself, so I have nothing against older actresses! I applaud them, actually...), but isn't Ms. Chapman a good 10 to 15 years older than Genie Francis?

I know, I know. Soap characters and their ages are...fluid, shall we say? But, still, it just seems weird. And if she does interact with John (wait, that's logical, so it probably won't happen!), all I'll think is why is John reminiscing with Anjelica? They barely knew each other that well!

Such is life.

13 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Rojohn and Isabella -- now that was a nice love story. At least as far as I can recall - mainly, I remember loving the actress. 

And Haley with a mysterious connection to someone in town.....? Interesting, maybe. 

And I second this. LOVED RoJohn/Isabella and cried buckets in my dorm room, watching as she shared a final dance with John to "The Glory of Love" and died in his arms. Staci Greason and Drake Hogestyn had wonderful chemistry.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And I second this. LOVED RoJohn/Isabella and cried buckets in my dorm room, watching as she shared a final dance with John to "The Glory of Love" and died in his arms. Staci Greason and Drake Hogestyn had wonderful chemistry.

Drake even played his character a little differently, now that I'm remembering. Staci was so lovely and full of grace, it rubbed off on him. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

"Chad fights for Abigail."

No thanks.

I agree!  It seems that the show is going to blame the implosion of the Chabby relationship entirely on Gabi, that she somehow forced Chad not to trust Abby and it's also Gabi's fault that Abby divorced Chad and marries Stefan.  It looks like January is going to be filled with wonderful moments of Chad groveling to win Abs back because she's such a superb woman and it's all Gabi's fault.  No thanks indeed.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Drake even played his character a little differently, now that I'm remembering. Staci was so lovely and full of grace, it rubbed off on him. 

Drake was never Olivier, but he had oodles of charm, and I think, combined with Staci playing Isabella with such goodness (but not in a boring sickly way), it really brought something great out of Drake, too.

• Love 4

I was a RoJohn/John and Marlena shipper before I ever knew the term "shipper", LOL.  But I also loved John and Isabella. 

I guess Sheila running against Abe could be fun.  Definitely better than them being a couple.

I hope they're finally breaking up Hope and Rafe.

I hope Ciara isn't coming back pregnant.  If so, it would be Tripp's right.  Maybe she's bringing a recast Theo back, though I guess we'd know if they'd recast the character.

I know she just "died" onscreen, but so looking forward to Nicole's return.  I've been waiting for Ericole since the Serena/elephants days.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 5

The “it just seems JJ was due for a love story” makes me want pull my hair out.

DUH!

I wanted Gabi. Then, I wanted Theresa. Then Gabi. Now, I’d be open to either, but we get a newbie. I’ll give it a chance, begrudgingly, I guess. 

Also, screw Chad. He’s turned into a ridiculous douche. He loved Abby through all of her mentally unhinged behavior, but it was over for him when her egg couldn’t tell the difference between his and his brother’s sperm. That’s when you couldn’t do it, anymore, man-baby? I just can’t let that go or the fact that he gave her baby to the resident villain just so he could maybe get her back one day. So, I don’t care about him or their reunion. 

Finally, Eve is a miserable, selfish piece of human garbage. I hope she gets so close to what she wants, whatever that ends up being, and then watches it all go to hell for the millionth time. Gives me something to root for. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I wanted Gabi. Then, I wanted Theresa. Then Gabi. Now, I’d be open to either, but we get a newbie. I’ll give it a chance, begrudgingly, I guess. 

I definitely wanted Theresa when she was here, but her not being here seems to be JL's choice.  And getting back with Gabi doesn't make sense given the current story with Abigail.  I am curious who this girl is connected to.

28 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Spoiler.

In like SOD or something less reputable?

• Love 4
On 12/30/2018 at 7:59 AM, Lastwaltz said:

Isabella was great because she was both a nice character and a fully realized character-not just because of her connection to Marina but then, once she was in Salem, she developed friendships as well as a relationship with John.  She was once Jennifer's roommate and probably Jack's best friend. (And that was a terrific friendship. )

• Love 5
On 12/29/2018 at 7:10 PM, TeeVee329 said:

That sounds kinda fun.  Revealing Xander is bisexual - or heck, him just using his sexy, shirtless wiles to con Leo - could be soapy.

23 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Will Sheila run against Abe?  That would be fun.

Co-signing all these ideas.

I could definitely see Xander as a bisexual or as a straight guy who uses his considerable physical assets and charisma against anyone - woman or man - to get what he wants. 

Also, Sheila running for political office but not being able to vote for herself would be a timely story.  T-Boz could make it fun yet poignant.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Co-signing all these ideas.

I could definitely see Xander as a bisexual or as a straight guy who uses his considerable physical assets and charisma against anyone - woman or man - to get what he wants. 

Also, Sheila running for political office but not being able to vote for herself would be a timely story.  T-Boz could make it fun yet poignant.

Sheila wanting her voting  rights reinstated after serving her debt to society could be a good story without being too preachy and political.

I would love to see Xander  be sexually fluid to further his agenda. I don't think the show has the guts to go there.

• Love 7

What state is Salem in? Because Iowa and Kentucky are the only states with lifetime bans on voting for convicted felons. A couple states allow voting while in prison, more allow voting once their incarceration has ended, and the remainder allow voting once they have completed any probation/parole period they have. Sheila is obviously not in jail; is she still on any kind of parole or probation?

I agree a story can be done without it being too political since it's really not a partisan issue anymore - Florida voting overwhelmingly to reinstate voting rights for convicted felons this past November shows that.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Black Knight said:

What state is Salem in? Because Iowa and Kentucky are the only states with lifetime bans on voting for convicted felons. A couple states allow voting while in prison, more allow voting once their incarceration has ended, and the remainder allow voting once they have completed any probation/parole period they have. Sheila is obviously not in jail; is she still on any kind of parole or probation?

I agree a story can be done without it being too political since it's really not a partisan issue anymore - Florida voting overwhelmingly to reinstate voting rights for convicted felons this past November shows that.

I have always surmised that Salem is in Illinois.  The residents are always speaking about Chicago like it is not far away from them.

• Love 3