Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

I wish production would leave them free to roam the house, it would feel much more realistic to how actual uncomfortable family interactions go, and heighten tension a bit.

They probably can't do that, for logistical reasons.  Each time the crew sets up somewehre it takes time and costs money.  I do agree that some of the interactions end up looking weird and inappropriate because of this constraint.  The Azan thing was the most egregious.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Have you ever heard of a Happy Ending massage?

Thai massage does NOT refer to a massage with manual release. It is a treatment where the practitioner manipulates the clients body into stretches and yoga poses. I've seen it offered at yoga retreats and some high end spas. Thailand may have been infiltrated by the sex tourism industry but they still have their own culture. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

She didn't walk into that party to confront anyone about anything - she expressed concern to her friend and her friend sold her out. 

I dont feel Mikwhatzit's attitude or her words were appropriate in a group welcoming party.  However, I do think she is sincere.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I thought I'd get used to the tongue-trilling over pronounciation of Andrrrrrrrei's name but I haven't.  It grates.  I'm exercising my right as a Merican and annoyingly shortening his name to Dray.

It will look more menacing on his Americas Most Wanted poster anyway.

I cannot decide which is more annoying...Andrrrrei.......Molly's 4-year old voice, or Nicole's whiny, sexual hunger fueled whining

• Love 11
10 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

And I don't care how scripted or producer manipulated the topics of conversation are, when El David decided to make a snarky remark to Mikayla on her dating status knowing it was a sore spot for her, he showed his ability to go for the jugular in a fight.  Very very very telling sign in how successful a relationship will be is how someone fights.  When faced with a verbal challenge, if the person uses your inadequecies against you in a fight, it's a high indicator of divorce.

since mikayla was crying and Evelyn was crying I'm hoping that the unedited version has David apologizing quickly and profusely when he saw how cutting that remark was.  I can see how Evelyn saying "she shouldn't judge us, she doesn't even have a boyfriend or ever had a serious one" could turn into the producers telling him to go with that angle.

Even my black heart has to tell me no one would ever want to make another person cry like that.  It's so heartless.  David is stupid and Evelyn is a brat but if they are really like that to someone as innocuous as Mikayla then they are going directly to hell without passing Go, collecting 200 dollars.

I didn't catch the expression on David's face when he went to give her a hug. I'll have to go back and see if it was distressed, like, "I'm so sorry! Let me comfort you." Or if he was smiling, or happyish, like, thinking, "You stupid bitch. I won! I won!"

2 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Thai massage does NOT refer to a massage with manual release

We can't know what he was asking for.  I tend to think it was something pretty crude, but maybe that's just me.  

• Love 7

Last season when Nicole went to visit Azan in Morocco, Azan was upset that she cheated on him. 

Now during the second visit when Mae gets to meet "daddy", he was upset she took her ring off and went partying. He thought she was partying with the girls. Uh, no, Azan, Surprise! She was partying with a guy. 

Get rid of her, Azan. You don't really have the least bit of attraction to her, anyway. And he is 100% correct about being holed up in some dump in Bradenton (which her parents are paying for) with no transportation while Nicole is living somewhere else,  doing god knows what.  She is trash through and through. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

We can't know what he was asking for.  I tend to think it was something pretty crude, but maybe that's just me.  

I tend to think that David Poor did some serious bragging about her "abilities." That might have been what led his friend to make such an outlandish request.

But she is retired now and settling down with one customer husband.

9 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I didn't catch the expression on David's face when he went to give her a hug. I'll have to go back and see if it was distressed, like, "I'm so sorry! Let me comfort you." Or if he was smiling, or happyish, like, thinking, "You stupid bitch. I won! I won!"

This is David when Evelyn is hugging her friend. David did not hug her.

How does he look? Sorry? Or like he's thinking, "I already don't like this bitch." (Meaning the friend, not Evelyn.)

enhance (1).jpeg

• Love 2

The first thing I noticed in the episode was that Nicole lifted May into the car by just one of May's arms.  I have never seen anyone lift a child into the car by pulling on just one arm.  I would imagine parents would lift their children by holding onto their torsos and placing them in the car.  But, as Nicole was holding something else in her other hand and arm, she just pulled on May's arm and swung her in.

Nicole is always going to do what she wants when she wants and then pout and cry when her every action is not supported and applauded by others.  Obviously this green card is super important to Azan as he was super nervous about her getting angry after his aunt said "no."  I think he's afraid of her potential violence (after pushing him last year) as well as her angry outbursts.  He is living on edge afraid of what will set her off.  Even when she is at fault (taking off engagement ring and going out with a male "friend..."), she pushes it back on him and his lack of trust in her.  Just end it already.

Luis is really scamming for all he is worth.  He should have been satisfied with how well his relationship was going with Kensley, he had to push it and put himself into a position of authority over her.  The same with Molly's father-Luis was insistent that the father accept him NOW.  I'm on the father's side-give it time and see how it goes.  During the Skype with his family, it looked like at one point his mother was getting really upset with him and told him to stick it out.  I think that they are all waiting for him to start sending money to them.  Luis is just a bit too aggressive in inserting himself in all aspects of Molly's life (and she is so unrealistic is allowing him to move so quickly into her daughters' lives).

Made me laugh when Andreii said to Elizabeth that they could live in Europe and she was all 'I don't know if I want to do that.'  Sure, it's one thing to expect someone else to fit himself into her life, but it's a whole 'nother can of worms to be inconvenienced and expected to do the same.

Evelyn and David...this is going to get really good.  And, agreeing with others-Mykaela, move on with your life and just worry about your own goals and objectives.

I don't remember her name, but I don't think the Arizona bride expected that there would be roommates.  Just wait, there will be many more surprises.

Edited by seacliffsal
Tuscan is not the same as Arizona
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

Interesting take.  I thought he took it all very well.  I miss stuff though, so there's that.....

I agree. Stressing over stuff like that isn't his style but he played along, made her laugh by kissing her, answered her questions and explained what he thinks their next step should be if he's denied the visa. I thought he was adorable.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

The first thing I noticed in the episode was that Nicole lifted May into the car by just one of May's arms.  I have never seen anyone lift a child into the car by pulling on just one arm.  I would imagine parents would lift their children by holding onto their torsos and placing them in the car.  But, as Nicole was holding something else in her other hand and arm, she just pulled on May's arm and swung her in.

Nicole is always going to do what she wants when she wants and then pout and cry when her every action is not supported and applauded by others.  Obviously this green card is super important to Azan as he was super nervous about her getting angry after his aunt said "no."  I think he's afraid of her potential violence (after pushing him last year) as well as her angry outbursts.  He is living on edge afraid of what will set her off.  Even when she is at fault (taking off engagement ring and going out with a male "friend..."), she pushes it back on him and his lack of trust in her.  Just end it already.

Luis is really scamming for all he is worth.  He should have been satisfied with how well his relationship was going with Kensley, he had to push it and put himself into a position of authority over her.  The same with Molly's father-Luis was insistent that the father accept him NOW.  I'm on the father's side-give it time and see how it goes.  During the Skype with his family, it looked like at one point his mother was getting really upset with him and told him to stick it out.  I think that they are all waiting for him to start sending money to them.  Luis is just a bit too aggressive in inserting himself in all aspects of Molly's life (and she is so unrealistic is allowing him to move so quickly into her daughters' lives).

Made me laugh when Andreii said to Elizabeth that they could live in Europe and she was all 'I don't know if I want to do that.'  Sure, it's one thing to expect someone else to fit himself into her life, but it's a whole 'nother can of worms to be inconvenienced and expected to do the same.

Evelyn and David...this is going to get really good.  And, agreeing with others-Mykaela, move on with your life and just worry about your own goals and objectives.

I don't remember her name, but I don't think the Tuscan bride expected that there would be roommates.  Just wait, there will be many more surprises.

I saw that too. Made me cringe.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

So why didn't Azan just "pretend" to ask his Aunt about them sharing a room? Nicole wouldn't have known the difference.

I thought about that, too. Maybe he actually said something like, "Nicole wants me to ask you about sharing a room, but PLEASE SAY NO!" 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

<snip> I'm so tired of the friends of the American spouse looking down their noses as these foreigners as somehow broken merchandise when the American spouse also hails from the "As is" section of life's furniture store

Would that be the Life's Furniture Store conveniently located right next door to the shed that sells the "scratch n dent, open box, refurbished buffalos...for 1/10th the price [of the] XXL premium water buffalos"?

Just curious. Trying to plan my trip and want to make sure I work in ALL of the "can't miss" sights....

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Punctuation correction
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Chippings said:

And what we saw tonight was, I thought, pretty scary.  Elizabeth was probably too pushy about "cramming for the test", but he was really hostile and misunderstood everything she said on purpose.   Further, he was sort of planning to snap back, or walk out, if the interviewer "is having a bad day or something."      Tastes differ, but I was surprised that a few of y'all thought him sexy; I guess in the "I've always liked bad boys" way.  I just thought he was apt to blow up any time, and if the cameras weren't there, or in any other situation where things weren't going his way, he could easily lose it and smack her.  

I don't like "bad boys" but I am used to and comfortable with alpha male/macho types. Andrei is tall handsome (rugged Jason Bateman), looks like a passionate kisser and knows his own mind. That's very sexy!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sprockets said:

In fact, it's difficult to imagine how a man of his age ends up with no car, no bank account, nowhere to live, no job. . . .but is somehow able to afford two baby water buffalo.  Buffaloes.  Whatever.  

Maybe he "Emptied his 401K"

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

So why didn't Azan just "pretend" to ask his Aunt about them sharing a room? Nicole wouldn't have known the difference.

Because he knew TLC was filing and that they subtitle all conversations not in English. Azan wants his green card and doesn't want to be the bad one/liar in the relationship.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She is lying to him about her age.  

Did she really fly from Bangkok in a mini skirt and sky high heels?

ITA about her age. Having no family and what appears to be a limited education and career possibilities must have been a tough existence for her. But his friends don't seem very worldly but I don't picture them lining up for massages either. 

That comment from Chris was so gross. Just gross. she should have said that she would prefer to now the lawn for doom and board. 

Nicole is an abusive monster. Just picture the sexes being reversed and some man is lying, cheating and manhandling his fiancée. People would be freaking out.   

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

How does he look?

Cold.  Fed up.  Checked out.  Which is the general impression I get of him.  

24 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

It doesn't matter if she wants to do it, because it's not an option for her.  Either one of them could do a 10-minute google and discover that she has no chance of being admitted to the EU as his fiancée.  She and Andrei are totally in lust, and everythnig seems possible.  It isn't.  

• Love 3

I picture Aiko's  new housemates warm welcome fading in to the background fast once the day to day living kicks in, I see her lounging on the sofa all day letting the housemates do the cleaning, cooking etc...I wonder how the two of them will fit on the couch?  

Poor David has no money, short on looks, character, dancing skills, he is easily fleeced out of money that is not his and most of all, shame, he has none and he is so unaware that 99.9% of us would be embarrassed to ask a friend and his pregnant wife for thousands of dollars or baht, live in their basement knowing full well payback will never happen.  That girls parents see it but don't care, it's a financial situation where they come out on top no matter how their daughter's life turns out.  Who would just pay whatever and not even try bargain, Poor David has no balls, add that to the list.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sprockets said:

He's aggressively everything.  He probably sighs aggressively.  He is such a caricature.  

I was gonna say aggressively delusional...

13 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I thought that was a tunnel they had to go through to get out of there.  

Oh, Sprockets! What would we do without you? :D :D :D

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I was gonna say aggressively delusional...

I think he is very much a product of the environment in which he grew up.  Moldova is very economically depressed country, with few opportunities for any of its citizens.  

4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Oh, Sprockets! What would we do without you? :D :D :D

Play your cards right and you'll never have to find out!  I like it here.  

• Love 7
On 11/6/2017 at 10:50 AM, calpurnia99 said:

I vote for Molly's talking baby talk to be the most annoying..but it's close

The baby talk coupled with an exaggerated REDNECK accent gets my vote. I think a Southern accent can be very lovely, but Molly screeches like Granny callin' hogs down the Holler. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 24
53 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I dont feel Mikwhatzit's attitude or her words were appropriate in a group welcoming party.

I can forgive her since David invited the line of discussion.  I don't think she had any intention of bringing it up until he called her out and Evelyn piled on.  

I felt bad for Blonde Friend since first David bumrushed to ogle her, then she got stuck sitting in the middle of that mess.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I have seen it happen plenty of times and no doubt in my mind Evelyn would be one to do it. This isn't about American traditions this is about the wedding and marriage of two people and both of their opinions should be considered.

Meh.

I agree on helping with tuxedos because it's not unreasonable to financially assist the people you asked to be in your wedding party with required attire. Hell, I think Evelyn should be helping her bridesmaids with their expenses too.

But...

Evelyn is a barely legal, living with her parents. Presumably, so are her friends. They would be asking their parents to feed and lodge strangers because their dolt friend is a horny Christian. Nope! This is not ok!

This is also why you don't marry an 18 year old dependent.

David's adult friends and family need to get hotels, or AirBnB a house. Evelyn should have provided some hotel options or booked a place for a group rate.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I felt bad for Blonde Friend since first David bumrushed to ogle her, then she got stuck sitting in the middle of that mess.

Blondie looked like she'd been rode hard and hung up wet.  Honestly, seeing them all together made me think of a bunch of people waiting for a bus.  There was nothing joyful or positive about any of them.  There was just The Virgin, grinning maniacally like the Cheshire Cat.  

BE427867-831B-480C-A8F5-E4313C6C54E7.jpeg

• Love 7

This is my theory about Nicole's wild night out. Because she "just wanted to be free for one night", she took off her engagement ring and went out with a couple of girlfriends. Then she threw herself at least one guy who didn't take the bait so now she can honestly claim, "Nothing happened. He was just a friend." She obviously intended to get laid, but things didn't pan out. 

• Love 20
Just now, magemaud said:

This is my theory about Nicole's wild night out. Because she "just wanted to be free for one night", she took off her engagement ring and went out with a couple of girlfriends. Then she threw herself at least one guy who didn't take the bait so now she can honestly claim, "Nothing happened. He was just a friend." She obviously intended to get laid, but things didn't pan out. 

Entirely plausible, but we'll never know.  And there was nothing for Azan to know, either.  Tempest in a teapot.  

• Love 6

So wait, 5 pages of posts and not ONE person has anything to say about Josh's friend's Hitler Youth haircut? Never mind his piss poor attitude. Jesus, what a dick. And unless I miss my guess, he wants Josh for himself and is bitter.

13 hours ago, magemaud said:

When Nicole was talking to the camera outside after lunch, I couldn’t believe how childish she looked, biting her lower lip and coyly twisting back and forth. All she needed was a big hair bow and giant lollipop   

Oh, she's a kittenish, sexy little vixen, isn't she? I keep thinking that she thinks she is absolutely adorable with that middle school shit.

Molly's father is a loudmouthed, judgmental racist fuck.  

Yes, 100%. He will hide his bigotry behind "concern" for Molly. And Luis may not be too bright, but he recognizes it. His ever present smile slipped there.

11 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Evelyn is a smile talker.  Even when she is saying something demeaning, inappropriate, insensitive, rude, unsympathetic, dismissive or petulant, she just has that chilling pasted on smile through it all.

I want someone to wipe that smug grin off her Veruca Salt face.  Pronto 

I would cheerfully walk for 10 miles on Lego for a chance to do that very thing. What a nasty self centered little twit.

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I couldn't believe how Nicole relentlessly badgered Asan about asking his aunt about sharing a room in her house. What must the family have thought when he basically asked in front of everybody, "Nicole wants me to ask you if it's okay if we stay in a room together" [and disrespect you and our Muslim religious practices]. Kudos to Auntie for not batting an eye and saying firmly "no, no mar-ri-ah-zhe" but still Nicole persisted arguing that "But it's supposed to be okay in a home..." I guess "My house, my rules" applies even in Morocco. 

Fun fact, Nicole! Just because it is acceptable to some people in their own homes, that most emphatically does not mean that its a rule unilaterally in all of Morocco. God she's thick.

9 hours ago, millennium said:

What David said to Michaela was meant to hurt.   His plan of action is clear: he sees Michaela as an adversary and is determined to break up Evelyn and Michaela's friendship as quickly as possible to guarantee that he is the only influence in Evelyn's life.   After that, he'll try to alienate Evelyn from her parents and family.  I suspect that's also part of why he is so anxious to spirit Evelyn out of town.   

Yes, this. He knew what he was doing and he meant to wound. And not even sophisticated--just a bludgeon to the face. "you don't have a boyfriend? well, I can fucking see why!" Douche.

2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I am not sure if all fundie groups are the same, but don't they all more or less believe that the man is head of household and the wife must yield in all things to her husband? Evelyn better watch out because if David does not already know about that little detail, he is going to have a field day when he figures out he has that little trump card in his back pocket. That may be why Evelyn's face clouds over so quickly when talk of a move comes up, and why her parents seem a little passive about the possibility of their golden goose moving. They know that David will be Lord and Master, and Evelyn won't be able to do shit about if after she says "I do." It will be game over. It's enough to almost make me feel bad for her, but not really, because there is no reason to rush into a marriage with a  complete stranger. You reap what you sow. 

Yes, I thought the same. Evelyn and her family are some sort of weird Stepford family, I guess? It didn't seem to occur to anyone that Evelyn would have to be doing that "cleaving to her husband" thing that they're so big on in their religion, or so I'm told? "Whither thou goest, I will go"? Not only did Evelyn not consult David about any wedding arrangements, but her parents seem to think he'll just live in Claremont, allow Evelyn to continue her, ahem, singing, and not have any wants or desires of his own? What is his profession? Besides virgin soon to be husband to their perfect angel daughter, that it?

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Meh.

I agree on helping with tuxedos because it's not unreasonable to financially assist the people you asked to be in your wedding party with required attire. Hell, I think Evelyn should be helping her bridesmaids with their expenses too.

But...

Evelyn is a barely legal, living with her parents. Presumably, so are her friends. They would be asking their parents to feed and lodge strangers because their dolt friend is a horny Christian. Nope! This is not ok!

This is also why you don't marry an 18 year old dependent.

David's adult friends and family need to get hotels, or AirBnB a house. Evelyn should have provided some hotel options or booked a place for a group rate.

That's actually the best route. They could all rent an AirBnB house. In the middle of nowhere, New Hampshire, it would be cheap. They could get a big one with four bedrooms, and everyone could sleep in the bedrooms, the couches, the floors, etc. It could work out to as cheap as $20-30 a night each if they all did it right, and Evelyn's friends and family could loan them extra sleeping bags and blankets. Heck, they could even bring over a casserole or two if they were feeling generous.

Actually less than that. 10 to 15 people in a place that rents for $150-200 a night. Perfect!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, 100%. He will hide his bigotry behind "concern" for Molly. And Luis may not be too bright, but he recognizes it. His ever present smile slipped there.

Agreed.  His "concern" for his 50-year-old daughter is utterly inappropriate.  She can certainly make her own decisions, as bad as they might be.  Its odd how racist he is, since at least her youngest daughter (the totally cool one) is of mixed race.  Some of these hillbilly buttholes never get over the fact that not everyone has white skin.  I hope he chokes on a Slim Jim.  

1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

They could all rent an AirBnB house. In the middle of nowhere, New Hampshire, it would be cheap. They could get a big one with four bedrooms, and everyone could sleep in the bedrooms, the couches, the floors, etc. It could work out to as cheap as $20-30 a night each if they all did it right, and Evelyn's friends and family could loan them extra sleeping bags and blankets. Heck, they could even bring over a casserole or two if they were feeling generous.

Evelyn has been planning this all her life!  What you said is not in the plan!  Why are you trying to ruin her happiness with your strange ideas?  #funfactfuckyou #virginwedding #fundie4ever #handjobinpastortimsbasement

• Love 22
14 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

That welcome party for David was a lot for me to take in.

My main thought? It was hilariously rude of the editors to cue the whimsical circus music at the arrival of Aunt Ginger. We get it, she has chins on chins on chins, but still, rude

Also, tip for David: if you actually want Mikayla to form a good impression of you, try expressing any emotion, preferably remorse or concern (but even a "yeeesh this is awkward" grimace) when she's driven to tears in front of you, partially by you. Poor, poor Mikayla. She deserves much better.

Also also, I liked Evelyn's mom's makeup tonight. It took years off her, and made me wonder if it was unflattering or no makeup in previous scenes that made me give her the side-eye. She didn't look nearly as much like a cradlerobber standing next to fundie Dave Grohl tonight.

LOL! That music was as circus-y as they could get away with.

Auntie loved Spain David because he gave her a hug, from a MAN.

No wonder Evelyn sweats over every calorie. She knows the women in her family tend to carry all of their weight in their necks.

Evelyn's mom usually doesn't have time for makeup. She's too busy cooking and cleaning and mending and being the proverbial wife. (The Proverbial 31 wife.)

Pseudo-Virgin David is an SOB.

Evelyn, if he makes your best friend cry like that, he'll make you cry like that once he gets you sequestered in Virginia.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Whether or not Molly's father is a bigot or not, I do not know.  But any father should be concerned about his daughter rushing to marry a man 16 years younger than herself, who she barely knows, especially when she has a 17 year old and 6 year old daughter.  

11 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Agreed.  His "concern" for his 50-year-old daughter is utterly inappropriate.  She can certainly make her own decisions, as bad as they might be.  Its odd how racist he is, since at least her youngest daughter (the totally cool one) is of mixed race.  Some of these hillbilly buttholes never get over the fact that not everyone has white skin.  I hope he chokes on a Slim Jim.  

Evelyn has been planning this all her life!  What you said is not in the plan!  Why are you trying to ruin her happiness with your strange ideas?  #funfactfuckyou #virginwedding #fundie4ever #handjobinpastortimsbasement

I don't see how it is "racist" to be concerned about a creepy guy, your daughter barely knows, who is 16 years younger than her, moving in with your 17 year old and 6 year old granddaughters.  Only a moron or a man who doesn't give a crap about his daughter and granddaughters would be fine with Luis moving in.   

• Love 21

Because I have no life, I did a quick AirBnB search around Claremont. There are lots of big homes with 4 or 5 bedrooms that rent for 200-400 per night depending on the time of year  and sleep 10-15. In the summer it's on the cheaper end. So rent a house for 2 nights, that's less than $500. Did David come to the US with no money, nothing? Maybe he should spring for the house.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Whether or not Molly's father is a bigot or not, I do not know.  But any father should be concerned about his daughter rushing to marry a man 16 years younger than herself, who she barely knows, especially when she has a 17 year old and 6 year old daughter.  

I don't see how it is "racist" to be concerned about a creepy guy, your daughter barely knows, who is 16 years younger than her, moving in with your 17 year old and 6 year old granddaughters.  Only a moron or a man who doesn't give a crap about his daughter and granddaughters would be fine with Luis moving in.   

If the "concern" lies mainly with the fact that Luis is Latin American, then they, possibly racist. Plus, he said before he think ppl need to stay where they come from. And Molly's mother ID'd him as a racist. So...quack?

• Love 8

Hopefully it won't come to that.  So far he's a nanny and a dog-walker.  He made the child angry, and the dog would not pee for him.  0 for 2.  

But he did say something about David getting on his feet.  How???  He revealed he has nothing - no car, no bank account, no job.  How did he get into this situation?  People getting out of prison have more than this guy.  

No car, no bank account, no job. 

Add to that no work ethic.

He has zero shame about asking for handouts for himself and his bride.

Then the two of them spend time time in the city living it up on somebody else's largesse. 

I'm surprised that she doesn't see how little David Poor's promises actually mean (unless she has already realized that he's just a stepping stone).

When David Poor disappoints her, she will not be on the first plane back to Thailand. She will have a good job in a salon or a restaurant. And she will find friends to move in with. Meanwhile he will lumber back to his friend's basement like an unwanted pet.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

My guess is that David brings very little to the table financially. I don't know what kind of job he will be getting, but I'm sure it will be in Virginia. It's going to be a rude awakening for Evelyn who won't have her Mommy there to cook her single Egg every morning. The band will break up. And she won't find another gig because Fun Fact: She really can't sing! The soprano in the choir at David's new church can belt her off the stage, guaranteed.

She'll be expected to cook and clean whatever crappy little apartment they rent. And, when she gives David attitude, he will cut her down to size, quickly. David will have his friends, Evelyn will have no friends except perhaps those she meets at the local McDonald's where she works. He'll insist that she work until she delivers the baby.  I'm starting to think that the guy wanted to come to this country all along because he's sure as hell not content ton comfortably nest near her family where she would be happy. Her parents don't realize that it's recklessness and not providence to let your precious daughter go off with a man she barely knows, especially when she's been taught to bow to his judgment and never divorce.

I want to see this TV series.

• Love 7

Azan comes from such a nice, decent family: I'm starting to think maybe his intentions are pure. Maybe he nags Nicole about her weight, diet, parenting, lifestyle bc he really does want to stick around. Mo did none of that. (Not saying that bc Azan and Mo are both Arab/North African and Muslim they are the same person. Mo is the only participant who seemed not to give a shit and left. I guess Yamir did, too, but IDK the details.)

I think in last week's episode, Azan was eager to show off his potential step fathering skills and may have overdone it. But I think he really is crazy about May. She is an adorable kid and he already has nieces/nephews.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

If the "concern" lies mainly with the fact that Luis is Latin American, then they, possibly racist. Plus, he said before he think ppl need to stay where they come from. And Molly's mother ID'd him as a racist. So...quack?

Whether or not he has any concerns based upon on Luis being Latin American or not, there is plenty of clear reason for concern.  I think a Dominican-American father/grandfather would have grave concerns about this relationship, and especially with how it is being handled with regard to his granddaughters.  

Are people supposed to shut off all their instincts and common sense and blindly accept this train wreck to avoid being accused of being "racist"?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

When David Poor disappoints her, she will not be on the first plane back to Thailand. She will have a good job in a salon or a restaurant. And she will find friends to move in with. Meanwhile he will lumber back to his friend's basement like an unwanted pet.

Don't forget that he will immediately go back on Thailand Cupid or some other wacko dating app in search of the love of his life in Asia. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:

I don't like "bad boys" but I am used to and comfortable with alpha male/macho types. Andrei is tall handsome (rugged Jason Bateman), looks like a passionate kisser and knows his own mind. That's very sexy!

we think alike!

• Love 2