Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E11: The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

So. Not. Caring. I think my biggest concern is that Derrick may have named his son after himself. I think CT did the same, and I feel that's a bit lazy. I'm not saying you should get drunk and go on IMDB like Puck did, but still . . .

I can't bring myself to care for the new generation at all. I mean, Veronica will always suck in my eyes, and Johnny still needs a beating, but the recent RW and AYTO kids? Screw that noise. And dumbass Nelson blows his shot at the game in smacking Derrick, and he might be on the banned list. That's not the worst shit ever. That's not the worst shit this season. Do I care about Nelson? I do not. And that goes for Hunter, who can't be taken out of the game soon enough. I mean, way to not run home to patch things up with the girlfriend and shame yourself to St. Teege, but he is annoying as hell.

Good mission. Jordan is made for that, but you'd think that his teammates might prefer someone with two hands to catch them. He went 0-for-2 . . . 0-for-3 if you count him suckering Camila, which was nice. Derrick is the MVP for this episode for pulling in Jenna, as well as trying to make an effort to set a good example for his son. Second grade? Shit, I remember his dad when he was drunk and following a frog around on BOTS2.

Camila? Whatever. Get her ass out of there.

Next week . . . really hoping we don't get a relapse from CT. I can live with another dad winning a Challenge in Derrick*, but I'm hoping CT doesn't revert to his asshole ways.

* Here, I'm counting Darrell in CvP. Tony can choke on it, and his kids can't get far enough away from him for me.

• Love 4

Hunter and Nelson continue to be complete idiots. This is why Cory should have come back because clearly he was the brains of their alliance and the only one with his eyes on the prize. The other two become morons as soon as they get a little taste of power. This is why it's so easy to pick them off. They do it to themselves. Hunter shouldn't have taken his issues with his girlfriend out on Kailiah (and way to shit on Cory, crowing about sending him home, I thought they were besties) and Nelson needs to do something about whatever the hell is going on with him at all times.

I loved that CT was running around being the voice of reason. It was great.

A little annoyed that racist Camilla was running around with weights in her hands was allowed to stay but Nelson got kicked off.

• Love 9

I get that Nelson shoved Derrick, but Jemmye is the one who hit him in the face, yeah?  I'm not crazy that that was her arm?

Nelson damn you.  

Hunter going in on Kailah at the bar made him look like a petty asshole.  Britni is also an asshole because she just is.

• Love 3

Hunter is every 16-year old fat-but-looks swole boy on my HS wrestling team.  His tears over his gf of 6 months were SO telling of his immaturity - and he's got a child already, yes?

38 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I get that Nelson shoved Derrick, but Jemmye is the one who hit him in the face, yeah?  I'm not crazy that that was her arm?

Nelson damn you.  

Hunter going in on Kailah at the bar made him look like a petty asshole.  Britni is also an asshole because she just is.

Britni is thirsty for Hunter, and it was made way too obvious this episode.  Calling him Baby, "having his back".

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

I'm out. I get what Nelson did, but I think Jemmye's hand did more damage to Derrick's face than Nelson. And I get the whole putting your hands on someone else thing also, and I get that this was Nelson's second outburst, but come on. I found what Camilla did far more damaging and hurtful and she threatened a lot more people with violence and insulted the crew on top of it. Then we see a very nicely edited version of her this episode. ? Nope nope nope.

I love this show and I support a lot of these cast members in front of and behind the cameras but I cannot support this bullshit. I know "the show must go on" but the whole thing is making me ill. That behavior from Camila with no repercussions completely ruined the season for me and I could not care less who "wins".

You're right, what Camilla did was worse but she's more profitable for the franchise.  How.why do you support the cast members in front of and behind the cameras?  Just curious what drives that or why they deserve it and how you "support" them.  They go on tv for a living - if you think that's a support-worthy pursuit then I guess that makes sense - but otherwise...these are people on a reality show, how could you support/not support them?

Edited by Adultosaurus
Just now, Sonoma said:

When I say "support" I mean as:

1) Characters on a dumb but fun reality show that I've enjoyed watching a long time and root for these characters to win or lose a game and good sum of money.

2) Real people (not getting into whom or whom I do not know nor at what level) who make good money by being on the show, be it by winning or just showing up, and the offers that come along with it.

Is this what you're asking or are you looking for something deeper than that? 

No, was just wondering because saying you "support" a cast member in front of and behind the camera of a reality show seemed weird to me.  

• Love 2
Just now, Sonoma said:

I guess if I was financially or emotionally supporting these people it would be weird but I consider anytime any viewer follows a franchise of any type or characters of said franchise, you're supporting that franchise and those characters by watching. Even if you're hate watching a show, you're still supporting the show by having it on. Just like I've been "supporting" Survivor since 2000.

Cool.  I just don't think by watching something I'm supporting cast members in front of and behind the cameras, as you said.  But it's all good.  Xfinity gets my $$ regardless of my "support" for anyone :)

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Oh I don't think that by watching someone on a television show you're also supporting them behind the cameras. But there are some castmembers I actually like outside of "The Challenge" for personal reasons, and by "supporting" them I mean I root for them to succeed in terms of getting that paycheck and being able to enjoy other opportunities as a result of being on the show. So that enhances my enjoyment of the show, if that makes sense. But this incident with Camila really has ruined the season for me. Yes, she's one of their most popular characters and she has had a larger social media presence than the majority of the cast, but I don't like her behavior being swept under the rug because of her impact on the franchise.

I hope that made more sense. =) If not, that's cool too. Mileage varies and all that.

Makes sense I suppose, but I can't image why unless you have personal relationship with any of them.  MTV made it quite clear that they value Camilla's ratings over acting on her behavior.  I think this week ejecting Nelson but leaving her (and not addressing it further) cements their statement on it...they'll do what works for them, ratings-wise.

I’m glad Nelson got kicked off. Something is wrong with that guy. Dude has major rage issues that need to be dealt with. He just conpletely snaps and goes dead in the eyes or something. 

Hunter sucks too. I’ve never liked him and he’s way too high on himself. 

Alll I can say is go CT lol.

• Love 9

Alcohol.

I think the drunken outbursts are a feature not a bug.  Producers probably pay for the drinks.

They looked like they were up on some private rooftop bar, with no other bystanders.

If they had their own money and the time to go anywhere, would they all go together to the same place?  Maybe, since they're in a country they may not be familiar with.  But with all the alliances and cliques, you'd think groups would separate and do their own thing, especially to talk trash behind people's backs.

I don't know if the producers explicitly require participation in these nights out like they do on the RW but if they're providing a coach and free drinks, they probably don't have to twist arms for them to go.

Now the AYTO kids are younger so they're bound to have maturity issues and getting out of control.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, scrb said:

Alcohol.

I think the drunken outbursts are a feature not a bug.  Producers probably pay for the drinks.

They looked like they were up on some private rooftop bar, with no other bystanders.

If they had their own money and the time to go anywhere, would they all go together to the same place?  Maybe, since they're in a country they may not be familiar with.  But with all the alliances and cliques, you'd think groups would separate and do their own thing, especially to talk trash behind people's backs.

I don't know if the producers explicitly require participation in these nights out like they do on the RW but if they're providing a coach and free drinks, they probably don't have to twist arms for them to go.

Now the AYTO kids are younger so they're bound to have maturity issues and getting out of control.

PROBABLY?  Come on, this is 100% set up for the contestants to get shitfaced....MTV provides them with everything.  How else do you think they are getting booze?  This is a show - they are not on their own to do what they want, participation is required because it's a scene.

• Love 3

Yes they are required to go on outtings together as dictated by production.  Cast members have been fined for not going out to the bars in the past for example.  They do not have free time to just do as they please when they want.  Everything they do including what they are allowed to eat, drink, and move is all set up by management.  

I know for a fact there was a previous challenge where they were not even allowed to go into the yard of the house they were staying at which is why they would have to run on the decks and on the walkways of the house when exercising.

• Love 3

Again with the poor decisions in picking.  If Aneesa wanted to protect Veronica, the best bet was to make her a captain; then if she lost, it was on herself.  I could suggest that she pick Veronica for her own team, but I think(?) (not going to rewatch) that the next chosen on the team is who picked the third person; and even if she was in that person's ear for the entire round, nobody was going to pick Veronica.  So her only chance of being on a team at all would have been to have Aneesa make her captain.  

On the other hand, if Hunter wanted to preserve Nelson as his only true ally, he needed to do the opposite; if he made him captain, as he did, depending on which team won, at least one and maybe both of them would be guaranteed to be in the um, arena?, the double X place; and unless one of them then picked the double X, it's obvious that the other would be thrown in due to the house alliance structure.  But Hunter could have gotten in the ear of his first picked and tried to make her pick Nelson, an easier sell than Veronica.  Then if they won they'd both be out of danger.  

Ha ha, I get it, the heart is a lonely hunter, or is it the Hunter has a lonely heart?  Never expected to see a Carson McCullers title referenced....

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 1

We've all been crackin' on Corey, but out of three 'bros', he's the most tolerable.  Nelson clearly has some rage issues, and Hunter seems like a misogynistic idiot. 

First, do you guys remember Nelson flipping his shit when Sylvia wouldn't hook up with him on a past challenge?  And now this?  What even happened?  Derrick literally didn't do anything...at all.  Then Nelson was trying to say Derrick came at HIM!  LOL!  Delusional. 

Then Hunter.  Hunter, Hunter, Hunter.  He reminds me of a typical Bro, thinking he's hot shit because he was a small town high school football star - and doesn't yet realize he's not shit in College.  That's Hunter.  The way he acted and said his life was over because his GF of a few months broke up with him was ridiculous.  Then he attacked Kailah over nothing.  Based off what Kailah said, I can totally see Hunter's disdain for her stemming from her rejecting him in favor of Corey. The way he talks about women in general is gross.  He's the entitled type, and when a woman isn't on board, he flips out.  I'm not a fan.   Britni is an idiot for obviously being into him. 

Because it can't be said enough, fuck Camilla.  She should have been kicked off before Nelson.

I was so happy that Leroy made it across and didn't have to fall in the water.  Poor guy does not like those height challenges!

CT and Derrick for this win this episode.  And Jenna.  Jenna is awesome.

Edited by AngryCarrot86
It's Derrick, not Detrick :p
  • Love 11

This isn't a family show Derrick. This isn't the Amazing Race Derrick the last thing you should want/allow is for you kid(s?) to watch this train wreak. Maybe he is only going to show the 10 minutes of actual competition to them. Because nothing says family program like a bunch of drunk fools. I love CT. When someone was saying that Nelson hit someone he was very unconcerned but when her heard it was Derrick he went to run after him. 

Did Hunter pick Kailah or was it someone else. Either way she was on the team and he is acting like they lost because of her. And the crying I couldn't I laughed more at that then watching the new CBS comedies. Poor Cory were these the only dumb dumbs that wanted to be in his alliance. Can't be surprised that he failed big time with a crybaby and psycho drunk for teammates.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, notcreative enough said:

This isn't a family show Derrick. This isn't the Amazing Race Derrick the last thing you should want/allow is for you kid(s?) to watch this train wreak. Maybe he is only going to show the 10 minutes of actual competition to them. Because nothing says family program like a bunch of drunk fools. I love CT. When someone was saying that Nelson hit someone he was very unconcerned but when her heard it was Derrick he went to run after him. 

Did Hunter pick Kailah or was it someone else. Either way she was on the team and he is acting like they lost because of her. And the crying I couldn't I laughed more at that then watching the new CBS comedies. Poor Cory were these the only dumb dumbs that wanted to be in his alliance. Can't be surprised that he failed big time with a crybaby and psycho drunk for teammates.

They are keeping Derrick so third-tier I forgot he was even there until "Nelly" went berserker on him.  

1 hour ago, Adultosaurus said:

They are keeping Derrick so third-tier I forgot he was even there until "Nelly" went berserker on him.  

I love Derrick! He has been one of my favs for as far back as I can remember (yes I'm old). I was so excited when I saw him and CT were going to be on this season. I wish they would have CT host 1/2 of the challenges. That would be awesome.

Why did Jemmye punch Derrick in the face, did her hand just slip? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, mccartygirl said:

Why did Jemmye punch Derrick in the face, did her hand just slip? 

To me it looked like she was running to separate them and just had too much power (save it for the challenges!)  I'm tired of all of them trying to separate the fighters.   Go console and talk them down later, sure, if that might help (Johnny, your version of talking down will never help, just FYI).  But leave the physical separation to the security staff!

• Love 2

I think it's hilarious that CT is now the voice of reason...and trying to get people to not react emotionally.   The lug really has grown up.   

As for Nelson, the Challenge has really specific rules about physical violence.   I knew he was gone as soon as he hit Derrick.   I also think that's weird because they don't have those physical rules for The Real World.   You can assault a fellow cast member, but if the cast doesn't vote for you to leave, you get to stay.   

I also agree that Camila should have had to go as well.   Because her violence was hate speech...she got to cry and stay.  

I thought Kailah might have been full of herself when she said Hunter disliked her because she didn't hook up with him in the last challenge, because well...Kailah.   But then when they got in their stupid fight right after Hunter got dumped, he was all about reminding her that Corey was her man and that her man fucked somebody else.   Yep, I think Kailah had it right.  

That Britni girl....what a f'in bitch,   I hope someone punches her in the throat.   

• Love 4

I think Derrick's face was already on its way out when Jemmye's hand appeared. Nelson gave him a full open-palm shove to the front of the face, and as Derrick's head was going back, Jemmye's fist just kind of sailed through the middle of the situation. I watched it several times in slow motion, and it is really hard to see, but if anything I think she grazed him at most, completely inadvertently of course. The momentum of his face came from Nelson, whose revisionist history was fascinating.

Hunter meanwhile is standing directly beside them with a a look on his face like he is watching a mother deer and her fawns graze in a field of wildflowers. 

In thinking about Cara and Aneesa's relationship, and why Cara is acting like such an asshole to her this time around, I thought back to the Rivals 2 reunion. Diem and Aneesa were on the couch, and Diem was crying about her portrayal due to her post-treatment hormones, and Cara came over to hold her hand. Aneesa took that moment to chastise Cara like a 6-year-old, pointing her away, mumbling at her and telling her to go back to her seat. It was weird. Not saying it's relevant to this season, or that there weren't reasons for it, but Aneesa was a condescending bitch to her right then.

• Love 6

Have they always been consistent in enforcing the rule about not hitting or attacking another cast member?

I get the sense they've been "flexible" on that in recent seasons of the RW or the Challenges.

Hearing what kailah did before Invasion, I kind of get why Hunter would be irritated/not like her. 

But, Nelson why? I actually like you and your passion to take out Bananas/Jordan, but just... NO!

Watching CT during that challenge was just majestic. It was like watching a Gorrilla bouncing in air, and he fucking killed it. I also loved that with all the drama going on, CT/Cara are dancing in the background away from it and Jemmye is square in the middle, just sipping on her flower drink ?.

I also loved that with all the drama going on, CT/Cara are dancing in the background away from it and Jemmye is square in the middle, just sipping on her flower drink

And Derrick vaulted himself over the back of the couch to escape that ruckus. That was a nice case of self preservation.

Lost in all the ruckus this episode was how much Leroy kicked ass at that Challenge. To have a significant fear of heights and be able to make it all the way thru that course was impressive. 

• Love 4

Hunter is pathetic. I can't believe he came at Kailah like that. His big ego clearly couldn't handle rejection when she didn't want him in the beginning LOL

AND NELSON, REALLY?! I'm so glad he's gone, but I don't get why production was so quick to kick him off the show yet, racist-ass Camila is still there... smh

• Love 2

I know it didn't matter because Nelson left anyway, but I just have to point out how stupid Hunter is.  He says that he will do whatever it takes to protect Nelson, so he is going to vote Jordan.  Good job, idiot.  That is the perfect way to NOT help your friend.  At least choose someone that you could have a chance to convince other people to vote for, too.  Like, I don't know... Dario, who also sat out the challenge and the other people on your team were already talking about voting Veronica for that exact reason.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, londonfroglet said:

I think Derrick's face was already on its way out when Jemmye's hand appeared. Nelson gave him a full open-palm shove to the front of the face, and as Derrick's head was going back, Jemmye's fist just kind of sailed through the middle of the situation. I watched it several times in slow motion, and it is really hard to see, but if anything I think she grazed him at most, completely inadvertently of course. The momentum of his face came from Nelson, whose revisionist history was fascinating.

Hunter meanwhile is standing directly beside them with a a look on his face like he is watching a mother deer and her fawns graze in a field of wildflowers. 

In thinking about Cara and Aneesa's relationship, and why Cara is acting like such an asshole to her this time around, I thought back to the Rivals 2 reunion. Diem and Aneesa were on the couch, and Diem was crying about her portrayal due to her post-treatment hormones, and Cara came over to hold her hand. Aneesa took that moment to chastise Cara like a 6-year-old, pointing her away, mumbling at her and telling her to go back to her seat. It was weird. Not saying it's relevant to this season, or that there weren't reasons for it, but Aneesa was a condescending bitch to her right then.

That's what it looked like to me too. Jemmye's hand went in right as Nelson was shoving Derrick. I agreed with Jemmye about Hunter just standing there as Nelson was going off. That's supposedly your boy, wouldn't you want seperate him from the situation before he does something stupid? I also laughed at Nelson's revisionist history lol.

What is up with Britni? I've kind of been indifferent to her this season, but she seems want desperate for Hunter and I don't know why. Also, was she the one during the challenge cheering everyone on with "good job baby boy?" 

Ugh Camila and Ugh Tony

• Love 2

I am a person who freezes when tension rises, so I have to say I'm impressed that Camila and Gemmy had the courage to step between the two guys.  While Hunter stood by watching, of course.  And how funny was it that CT, Johnny, and others were like - oh, yeah, another fight, been there done that.  Oh, it was Derick!?!  Then they took off on a run.

Anyone else think the scene where LeRoy was sobbing on Aneesa's shoulder was satire?  His face was turned to the camera, and not many men would allow themselves to be seen in such vulnerability.  Plus, LeRoy doesn't seem the type to be a drama queen, regardless of the situation.  And he was doing a good imitation of OJ's wife in The Naked Gun.

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I am a person who freezes when tension rises, so I have to say I'm impressed that Camila and Gemmy had the courage to step between the two guys.  

Camila thrives off conflict so I'm not surprised about her getting in the middle. Or trying to. Especially if she then got hit too, then she could start crying victim.

• Love 2

*Petty Post*

Can we acknowledge how awful Britni's eyebrows are?  Yeeeesh!  Step away from those tweezers, girl.   I hadn't paid her much attention until this episode, but her unrelenting love for Hunter has me disliking her AND the sperms on her forehead. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

What is up with Britni? I've kind of been indifferent to her this season, but she seems want desperate for Hunter and I don't know why.

She's desperate for Hunter's dick.  IDK why, I've never heard it spits diamonds or beer.  And I think it's why she doesn't like Kailah; Britni's mad that Kailah declined the dick Britni can't have.

Why Hunter didn't step between Nelson & Derrick I don't know…Nelson was his friend, why stand there like a statue?  Jemmye was a rock star, Camilla…was there too.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, roe said:

Hunter is pathetic. I can't believe he came at Kailah like that. His big ego clearly couldn't handle rejection when she didn't want him in the beginning LOL

Right?!  I couldn't believe he had the audacity to say Kailah hadn't done anything this season and she wasn't a strong player.  She's won 2 competitions and 2 presidios.  I don't think any other competitor shares her record at this time in the game.  She's also done pretty well in the last challenge she was on.  I'm not saying she's the strongest but she's certainly no slouch which is exactly why Hunter picked her for his team in the first place.  If he really believed she wasn't all that good he never would've said her name.  I don't believe all this anger at her is because she said she hates the sound of his voice.  If that is the worst thing someone says about you on a challenge then consider yourself lucky.  

I think Kailah deserves a hand for being able to keep quiet and not clap back at stupid Hunter when he tried to defend Britni staying out of the elimination with how she's shown up and has done stuff in this game because she's won 2 elimination challenges.  Hey dum-dum Hunter, Kailah's record is better than hers and you said it wasn't sh-t.  

10 hours ago, lilabennet said:

I know it didn't matter because Nelson left anyway, but I just have to point out how stupid Hunter is.  He says that he will do whatever it takes to protect Nelson, so he is going to vote Jordan.  Good job, idiot.  That is the perfect way to NOT help your friend.  At least choose someone that you could have a chance to convince other people to vote for, too.  Like, I don't know... Dario, who also sat out the challenge and the other people on your team were already talking about voting Veronica for that exact reason.

I thought the same thing.  He should've rode what CT said about voting out the players who didn't participate.  He already knew no one other than himself was willing to vote for Jordan.  This is why no one is afraid of Hunter even though he's adequate at challenges.  He doesn't have the mental capacity to play as a winner in this game.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

She's desperate for Hunter's dick.  IDK why, I've never heard it spits diamonds or beer.  And I think it's why she doesn't like Kailah; Britni's mad that Kailah declined the dick Britni can't have.

Why Hunter didn't step between Nelson & Derrick I don't know…Nelson was his fiend, why stand there like a statue?  Jemmye was a rock star, Camilla…was there too.

I know this is a typo, but it's hilarious!

On 9/27/2017 at 0:43 PM, notcreative enough said:

Poor Cory were these the only dumb dumbs that wanted to be in his alliance. Can't be surprised that he failed big time with a crybaby and psycho drunk for teammates.

Cory's pretty dumb too; he's just smarter than those 2 morons.

• Love 1

I find Hunter to be one of the ugliest dudes ever on the challenge. His beady little eyes, his cheesy bandana, his tiny ass head on that ugly ass unproportionally overly-beefed up body. (I hate beefy guys, so yes, I also find Cory to be incredibly unattractive).

His accent doesn't help either. 

And his voice.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I find Hunter to be one of the ugliest dudes ever on the challenge. His beady little eyes, his cheesy bandana, his tiny ass head on that ugly ass unproportionally overly-beefed up body. (I hate beefy guys, so yes, I also find Cory to be incredibly unattractive).

And his voice.

I will say his voice doesn't bother me as much (ATL here) - but the fact that he's a fat dude masquerading as a buff dude is comical.  And yes, the bandanas to hide the hairline is a weird choice.

Edited by Adultosaurus
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

And his voice.

Cory is no Nelson but he is still hot as hell. The proportion of his face is yum.  

But hell yes to everything else you said.

Damn Nelson, if you’re going to get sent home for hitting someone, at least hit John.

I still don’t get all the hate for Kailah, most of the girls are guilty of the attitude they accuse her of. And why does it seem everyone is against her? After what Camila did and everyone’s outraged comments about it, it looked like no one is holding her actions against her, but they act like Kailah is the devil.

I liked CT’s idea of voting people in who are skating by, like Jemmye, but I don’t think he’s always felt that way.

• Love 3
On 9/30/2017 at 8:59 PM, dangwoodchucks said:

I still don’t get all the hate for Kailah, most of the girls are guilty of the attitude they accuse her of. And why does it seem everyone is against her? After what Camila did and everyone’s outraged comments about it, it looked like no one is holding her actions against her, but they act like Kailah is the devil.

I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of the other women are jealous of/threatened by her.