Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

In the scene above where Zack and Tori are putting together Lilah's bed, Jackson was poking a piece of a railing at Lilah and it sounded like her conked her on the head. I thought at one time he was going to poke her in the eye. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Was Zach trying to buy Lilah a 20 dollar mattress because Tori might actually spend extra money buying the child sheets too? Zach, if you’re that cheap stop buying million dollar junkyards.

3 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

In the scene above where Zack and Tori are putting together Lilah's bed, Jackson was poking a piece of a railing at Lilah and it sounded like her conked her on the head. I thought at one time he was going to poke her in the eye. 

I though she might have been conked on the head too, at the very least they were letting Jackson get terribly close with the poles.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Was Zach trying to buy Lilah a 20 dollar mattress because Tori might actually spend extra money buying the child sheets too? Zach, if you’re that cheap stop buying million dollar junkyards.

I though she might have been conked on the head too, at the very least they were letting Jackson get terribly close with the poles.  

This was after the threw that object into the creek.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Zach, penny wise pound foolish!  
he thinks he sounds like a wise shopper but he just sounds like a stupid, cheap asshole.

Exactly, Jackson conked Lilah on the head and made her cry then he was goofing around with the metal poles and could easily have hurt her at least at that point Tori took notice and told him to go sit on the mattress.

they also let Lilah play with the metal washers which were perfect size to cause choking and neither of them were paying any attention.

• Sad 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

Did Chris really think he’d be allowed to take his wedding ring off? Hs’s lucky Amy didn’t solder it to his finger.  In bromance news, Chris did get pinned or at least badged, no word if Chris’ moniker will changed from #MYMAN to #OURMAN. Oh Brothers!

• LOL 15

Did Tori actually set Jackson on that stone in the middle of the rushing water? If he fell in, I wonder how far down stream he could have gone? The water doesn't look very deep, but then, he isn't very big.

• Sad 11
  • Love 6

Telling Jackson to go sit on the mattress does nothing to clarify to him that he almost hurt his sister.  Saying Jackson put down those poles you almost poked Lilahin the eye now go sit on the mattress would have let him know waving metal poles around his sister was dangerous. 

• Love 16

I know TLC makes Amy interact with Matt, but she is so obviously hating every second of it.  She looks so miserable in every scene with him and Caryn.  I don’t blame her one bit for her hard feelings. Her marriage to Matt was not filled with love and romance.  They were too different to be a good love match. I do wish her well with Chris, and hope she gets a better relationship for her “second act”.

But, if she wants to keep collecting pay checks and keep the show going, she should either put a smile on once in a while around Matt or tell the producers she wants to limit filming with Matt (and Caryn) to the least amount possible.  it is uncomfortable to watch her be forced into these staged get togethers.

Tori and Zach are too dumb to be parents.I can’t imagine letting my kids romp around in a polluted run-off drainage ditch.  THAT IS NOT A CREEK!  Garbage and God knows what floating through my yard is not an idyllic farm setting they think it is.  And who plops a dwarf child, recently out of surgery and still wobbly, onto a slippery rock in the middle of that “Refuse River”?? I guess it’s the same parents who plop a top heavy toddler onto a kitchen island and turn their backs.  Or allow one child to wave metal poles around and conk and poke his younger sister (who had a near miss eye accident that could have been more improved if she was wearing her glasses). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10

I'd actually like to see Matt and Caryn do something together, with Amy and Chris, or Zach and Tory. For all that these two are some sort of great couple, we very rarely see Matt and Caryn making plans together or doing things together without you know, the other show couples. We get treated to Zach and Tory and Amy and Chris doing stuff as couples all the time, why not Matt and Caryn?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Did Tori actually set Jackson on that stone in the middle of the rushing water? If he fell in, I wonder how far down stream he could have gone? The water doesn't look very deep, but then, he isn't very big.

Yes.. and Lilah was just walking around on the edge like a lost girl.  I kept thinking to myself - those stupid dummies.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Boston said:

Yes.. and Lilah was just walking around on the edge like a lost girl.  I kept thinking to myself - those stupid dummies.

For this show I really need a shaking my head response.  They appear clueless.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I know TLC makes Amy interact with Matt, but she is so obviously hating every second of it.  She looks so miserable in every scene with him and Caryn.  I don’t blame her one bit for her hard feelings. Her marriage to Matt was not filled with love and romance.  They were too different to be a good love match. I do wish her well with Chris, and hope she gets a better relationship for her “second act”.

But, if she wants to keep collecting pay checks and keep the show going, she should either put a smile on once in a while around Matt or tell the producers she wants to limit filming with Matt (and Caryn) to the least amount possible.  it is uncomfortable to watch her be forced into these staged get togethers.

Tori and Zach are too dumb to be parents.I can’t imagine letting my kids romp around in a polluted run-off drainage ditch.  THAT IS NOT A CREEK!  Garbage and God knows what floating through my yard is not an idyllic farm setting they think it is.  And who plops a dwarf child, recently out of surgery and still wobbly, onto a slippery rock in the middle of that “Refuse River”?? I guess it’s the same parents who plop a top heavy toddler onto a kitchen island and turn their backs.  Or allow one child to wave metal poles around and conk and poke his younger sister (who had a near miss eye accident that could have been more improved if she was wearing her glasses). 

That's the thing with Amy.  She WILL NOT FAKE IT FOR ONE SECOND - hey, she didn't have to go on the trip.  She was a miserable b..ch the whole time.  I was hoping Caryn would puke on her.

Edited by Boston
wrong letter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Boston said:

Then they will have a tearful Gofundme when the inevitable occurs.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Boston said:

That's the thing with Amy.  She WILL NOT FAKE IT FOR ONE SECOND - hey, she didn't have to go on the trip.  She was a miserable b..ch the whole time.  I was hoping Caryn would puke on her.

Eh, if Amy did act smiley and happy, many would say what a fake phony she was. She can’t win either way with some people.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Eh, if Amy did act smiley and happy, many would say what a fake phony she was. She can’t win either way with some people.

I actually prefer her not faking it as opposed to Matt and Caryn's "OMG we love them so much!!!" routine. I also doubt there's a lot of entertainment value in watching Matt and Amy get along.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I was very tense and "cringing" during that scene because Lilah is so VULNERABLE to injury and Jackson is so unable and/or unwilling to respect her safety needs. 

I think he's almost 5 so I don't think it's too much to ask that he be aware of imminent danger to his 2 y.o. sister!

• Love 10

I was appalled at the careless and irresponsible parenting by Zach and Tori. Where to begin???!!! The "creek" is not a creek as someone else on here mentioned. It's a drainage ditch that is basically polluted water full of trash and heaven only knows what else...probably chemicals and toxic waste from the business that is their neighbor. So there's that...placing a small child who is wobbly from leg surgery on a stone in the middle of rushing water was shocking. Leaving another small child on the edge of the rushing water was even worse. Then there's the Jackson clunking Lilah on the head with the metal rod scene...OMG! Followed by the metal discs that Lilah was close to putting in her mouth. Why didn't these two idiots do this while the kids were napping or when Jackson was at school? The way they just so cavalierly disregard the safety of these kids and almost NEVER discipline Jackson is just astounding...everything he says and does is just amazing in their eyes. 

Honestly, I just don't see this getting better now that there is another baby in the home. There will be more chaos and neglect. TLC could have edited these things out but they chose to leave this in and I'm glad they did. Tori and Zach need a wake up call...they are irresponsible parents.

• Applause 3
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Redrum said:

We get treated to Zach and Tory and Amy and Chris doing stuff as couples all the time, why not Matt and Caryn?

When Caryn bought Matt the adult "stroller" they did go on a walk (hike) in the woods together.  Because of his physical limitations, I'm not sure how many activities they are actually able to do.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Redrum said:

I actually prefer her not faking it as opposed to Matt and Caryn's "OMG we love them so much!!!" routine. I also doubt there's a lot of entertainment value in watching Matt and Amy get along.

I fell asleep during the Matt/Caryn/Chris/Amy scenes...what a boring visit.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, winsomeone said:

And she also said something along the lines of "you'd better not fall or don't fall because I'm not picking you up."  WHAT.  The kid just had LEG SURGERY.  And hasn't recovered and isn't as mobile yet says his idiot parents IN THE SAME EPISODE. 

icegif-3809.gif.c68c5de0953230a70130b416413112b3.gif

• Applause 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Nm. Already stated.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1

Chris' obsession with being buddies with Matt and Caryn is sick. I think Amy has had alot of patience with this situation. Chris is just so freakin' weird. 

8 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Not to mention if he was to fall in and start rolling down stream who would go after him? Short Zach with his own mobility problems? Heavily pregnant Tori? Looked like a pretty swift current in that stream. Stupid people. I hope they stop procreating after this last one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

The other thing that got me was how ZiT were so surprised how talkative, interactive and happy Lilah is while Jackson is out of the house at school and how she isn’t that way when “ohhhhh sooooo special and smart perfect child Jackson” is there.

DUH!

Jackson is constantly making himself the center of every activity and also tries to poke, prod or hurt Lilah whenever he can.

He's so full of himself and how special he is! 🙄

ZiT are well on their way to creating a monster and I suspect he’ll only get worse now that he has a second sibling to share the idiot parents attention.

• Love 18
28 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

ow talkative, interactive and happy Lilah is while Jackson is out of the house at school a

She's glad she's not going to be knocked unconscious by her brother.

Jackson will be owning the place when he finds Blinky the three eyed fish in the "creek". 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jackson is constantly making himself the center of every activity and also tries to poke, prod or hurt Lilah whenever he can.

Remember when it was "so cute" when he wanted to push Lilah down or sit on her and wasn't corrected?  That egg has hatched.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

I think Jackson is a very cute and bright little boy. But he is well on his way to becoming an obnoxious little brat thanks to his dumb parents. Tori and Zack need to take him in hand and let him know that not everything he does or says is cute and special. Wait until they start getting notes from the teachers about his behavior. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Chris' obsession with being buddies with Matt and Caryn is sick. I think Amy has had alot of patience with this situation. Chris is just so freakin' weird. 

Exactly!!! 

Believe me I am not an Amy fan , but enough is enough , it’s weird and 

Insulting to Amy .  And like I stated,  I am NOT an Amy fan .

• Like 5

I don’t know how Tori was raised, but we all know that Zach was raised without discipline and now he’s doing the same with his children. I think many parents these days are overprotective, but ZiT put their kids in dangerous situations. Remember when Matt nearly killed his own kid with the trebochet?  The Roloff kids grew up in a kids’ paradise with little supervision and it’s a wonder that they all survived to adulthood. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, BucFan said:

Exactly!!! 

Believe me I am not an Amy fan , but enough is enough , it’s weird and 

Insulting to Amy .  And like I stated,  I am NOT an Amy fan .

I agree. Chris seems to have no awareness whatsoever of how his passive aggressive need to be BFF’s with Matt is making her uncomfortable. Matt and Caryn had an affair that broke up Matt and Amy’s marriage…she was betrayed and humiliated by them. The fact that she has taken the high road and decided not to wallow in self pity or anger and now can have a somewhat cordial relationship with them should be respected by Chris. Would it hurt for Chris to have her back on this and not push for some fake couples friendship? Not an Amy fan either but I think she’s shown a tremendous amount of growth personally and seems to have let go of some bitterness towards Matt and Caryn. If they can see each other at family gatherings and be polite and exchange pleasantries then leave it at that. Stop being such a weirdo Chris!

• Like 3
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Is it? I seem to remember Amy saying she found emails exchanged between Matt and Caryn that revealed an affair between them. 

She did. In response all Matt has said is that Amy isn't telling the whole story... not, mind you "I never had an affair with Caryn while I was married".

• Love 7
(edited)

IIRC I think Amy said or maybe in her book, she saw texts she didn’t think should be shared between Matt and Caryn, while he was married, so from her “perspective” she thought something happened, but on one of her IG or Facebook lives I think somebody specifically asked if Matt cheated and she said she couldn’t actually say that, but things happened that made her think that they C&M were more than friends.  I don’t think she wanted to go more into than that but I didn’t see the Live I read about it awhile ago.

eta: I don’t know what if anything Matt or Caryn said. I was guessing Matt denied it but I really can’t remember how he phrased anything.

Based on the show episodes, I never really thought about any affairs.  If fact, I always wondered why the twins seemed to give Amy a harder time about dating, if Matt was allegedly cheating.  I wasn’t sure if it was because Amy was going through the “tattooed biker chick” thing or what.  But as I said before based on what I’ve seen on the show they are both with better partners/more compatible.  I doubt any if us can be truly certain of the affair because I haven’t really seen any evidence on the show and doubt any of them will flat out admit anything or provide actual proof, so it’s all speculation on our part imo.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 8

In her book, Amy said, “I saw messages, pictures, and other things that should not have been shared between people who just worked together and were still married to other people.”. She also said she didn’t say anything to Matt about it.

From the video mentioned: When asked if she believed  Matt was cheating on her Amy said, “You know what, I can’t say that. You know, there’s definitely things, you know, more than just a guy and a girl friendship.”.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

This has never been acknowledged on the show.  Viewers might feel differently if it had been.

Let me rephrase all this if I may...it may not have been "officially" acknowledged on the show however, Amy did allude to a relationship between Matt and Caryn that was not a business relationship. For what it's worth I think that we might all agree that Matt might have gone outside of his marriage to engage in an emotional relationship with the hired help. Whether it was ever consummated before Amy became aware of this, we don't know. Irregardless, when a partner has an emotional relationship with someone else, that can be as hurtful and damaging as a physical one. I don't think that Matt was sent out to the double wide to live because Amy was in a bad mood one day and told him to leave. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Let me rephrase all this if I may...it may not have been "officially" acknowledged on the show however, Amy did allude to a relationship between Matt and Caryn that was not a business relationship. For what it's worth I think that we might all agree that Matt might have gone outside of his marriage to engage in an emotional relationship with the hired help. Whether it was ever consummated before Amy became aware of this, we don't know. Irregardless, when a partner has an emotional relationship with someone else, that can be as hurtful and damaging as a physical one. I don't think that Matt was sent out to the double wide to live because Amy was in a bad mood one day and told him to leave. 

Oh I absolutely think there was an affair but perhaps because of their supposed devout Christianity they chose not to address it on the show.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

. I don't think that Matt was sent out to the double wide to live because Amy was in a bad mood one day and told him to leave. 

The story told in the actual episode that dealt with the separation was that Matt decided to move out. 

Amy told Zach at one point that it was Matt's decision to move out and it would need to be his decision to move back in. It was never said that Matt was forced to leave by Amy. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Oh I absolutely think there was an affair but perhaps because of their supposed devout Christianity they chose not to address it on the show.

I do think that Matt and Amy are very careful what is put out about their family on the show.  I haven’t seen all the episodes but this is one of the less trashy reality shows.  I mean Jackson sitting on Lilah’s head, Amy stuffing her pie hole with her cheesy Mac, Matt screaming, ‘Yeah!” on his tractor and Z&T being dolts can be infuriating at times and boring at others, but I’m actually glad they don’t delve into anything sordid, if any of that exist.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

She's glad she's not going to be knocked unconscious by her brother.

Jackson will be owning the place when he finds Blinky the three eyed fish in the "creek". 

They need to stop him from always sitting on her head, poor child is half smothered.  I’m curious how Jackson interacts with kids bigger than he is. Was he ever on the show with Ember, if so was he as bossy with her? I wasn’t really watching as much when A&J were on. 

Im still wondering if having Lilah’s bedroom near the front door will be a problem.  Just wondering how easy it might be for her to wander out the front door.  No idea if she can reach the doorknob yet. Normally I’d think the door would be locked, but with these fools who knows?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m curious how Jackson interacts with kids bigger than he is.

I'm curious as well as there isn't going to be any hiding the size difference. I do think he'll be less shy than Zach, a good thing. 

39 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

They need to stop him from always sitting on her head, poor child is half smothered.  I’m curious how Jackson interacts with kids bigger than he is. Was he ever on the show with Ember, if so was he as bossy with her? I wasn’t really watching as much when A&J were on. 

Im still wondering if having Lilah’s bedroom near the front door will be a problem.  Just wondering how easy it might be for her to wander out the front door.  No idea if she can reach the doorknob yet. Normally I’d think the door would be locked, but with these fools who knows?

Not like there is a water hazard nearby or anything.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

They should put a gate up in front of her door at night so she is contained and doesn’t wander out. But that would require them to use their brains.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Tori said that when Jackson is in school, Lilah is free to do whatever she wants. So, that means she isn't when he is at home, and that he is still allowed to bully her full time? Why does Zack get to be in charge of the money and how it is spent? Tori and the kids must make as much as he does by filming, and he has no other income? He acts like a little tyrant, with his arms crossed and telling Tori how much she can spend on things in his loud voice, rambling on and on and saying nothing...needs to be smacked. Is this what Jackson is going to look like when he is an adult?

• Love 7

Affair or no affair Amy only tolerates Matt and Caryn for the show paycheck.  That's her role.  Amy will do lots of things for that $$$.

Speaking of money...what was all that retirement talk?  Does somebody have a job to retire from?

If Matt retires they are all screwed.  Amy,  Zack and Tori can't carry the show either.

If they all left Matt could come up with something to continue LPBW.  They better watch how they treat him!

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Tori said that when Jackson is in school, Lilah is free to do whatever she wants. So, that means she isn't when he is at home, and that he is still allowed to bully her full time? Why does Zack get to be in charge of the money and how it is spent? Tori and the kids must make as much as he does by filming, and he has no other income? He acts like a little tyrant, with his arms crossed and telling Tori how much she can spend on things in his loud voice, rambling on and on and saying nothing...needs to be smacked. Is this what Jackson is going to look like when he is an adult?

Zach is always so ridiculous when he goes off on these tirades, he doesn’t even make any sense. He’s such a fool.  I assume Tori ignores these diatribes and buys whatever she wants because he literally makes no sense. She doesn’t make sense half the time either, but at least knows you need sheets for the bed.  I think Zach likes to pretend he’s the boss, but I think Tori actually runs the show.  He is so foul.  I mean he actually seemed proud that he was going to bring his dirty twin mattress over for their marital bed.  He disgust me on so many  levels 🤢

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7