Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

I'm going to take an unpopular slant on Zach working for his Dad. I don't think that he's unwilling to work full time. I just don't think, with his skill set that he has, he hasn't been offered bigger or better opportunities. Something that would make him happy enough to stay with it. I actually like that he works with the kids playing soccer because I'm sure he's a lot more sensitive to how they are feeling and has that right amount of seasoning between "Oh gosh, I'm sorry that it hurts Bud" and "Ok, been there, done that, Man up". True that he needs an income to support his growing family. Would you work for Matt? I think that other than the income that these kids have gotten from the show they've shown the most willingness to go outside of the box and get real jobs. A soccer coach and a teacher. Working for his father would be giving up control because Matt only knows his own way. Z would be stifled and always be needing approval to do anything...or worse, if Caryn is doing the books and running the office would he have to take expenditures through her? Let the hippies have the farm. As a son I'm sure that he would feel it's his duty to help if it was called for. He has shown that he is willing to step up to the plate. He took Matt through the surgery. Otherwise I think that it is a good decision to maintain their own lives and not be dependent on either of their parents or a reality show income. 

• Love 3

Not sure how much of an income the local PARD soccer could pay. That's what ours fall under where I'm from & it's all done with parental volunteers. My husband coached when our kids were younger and playing and he never earned anything. 

Zach wants another job but doesn't want to give up his soccer work. His job is at a local soccer center where he coaches and teaches.  I'm really pleased that he realizes Tori may not go back to work and certainly won't for a while and as a result he needs to step up his income. I'm sorry he's not going away from Matt for it. He will forever be Matt's slave.

• Love 2
(edited)

Taking care of the baby was a vague concept to Zach when Matt was pressing him about stepping up to a full time job.

Thinking Tori's mom and Amy will be a text away when the shit hits the fan....

He can be trained to feed, diaper, entertain the 4 month old baby when Tori's back teaching.

Am sure Tori will have every detail spelled out on a To Do List... everything from pumped breast milk ready to go to outfits laid out for Jax.

Zach and Jer can Mr. Mom together...Auj will be in hard at work in her studio creating for her blog...cutting and pasting nonsensical blather she can plagiarize from online...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Could it be that Zach is going to be the primary caretaker?  I recall once hearing them say they worked different hours.  Perhaps that is why Zach made the comment about family time.

He would make a good stay at home Dad but unfortunately teachers don't make the best salaries. I also think that if their child is "normal" sized that could prove troublesome for him. (Yes I know that his parents did) Whatever happens I wish them the best. I think they are the most realistic of the bunch. 

• Love 1

I watched the cabin episode today. I liked that Tori wasn't all sunshine and rainbows about pregnancy. She doesn't seem phony like most "reality" show people.

What was hanging from their car door when they let Sully (awww) out of the car?

If I went on an "overnighter" with my boyfriend, I wouldn't freaking play Suzy homemaker. When Amy was seasong that roast (?) I almost gagged. She reached in the container, rubbed the seasoning (what was it?) on the meat, and then put her fingers back in the same container again to get more. I wouldn't want to eat the next thing seasoned with that shit.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

refresh my memory, Amy met Chris through a group of friends, the blonde & brunette friends have been a part of this Wednesday soup night & don't know Chris. Why has she not had this conversation with the mutual friends that set them up as to what's up with him, about the anger stuff, what he's said about their future.....instead of listening to someone that knows nothing about him. He was really caught off guard when she was "pressuring him" about the next 6 months. 

From what I remember, Amy met Chris at one of those art and wine nights (you paint a picture and drink) she attended with a girlfriend or two. As far as I know no one knew Chris before that night. 

3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

When they have the second kid she will be done teaching.

Why would Tori quit teaching after the second kid? I don't think American teachers are paid as well as Canadian ones (I could be wrong) and likely don't have the generous maternity benefits we do here, but it seems that whatever Tori makes would be more than Zach might bring in coaching soccer and even shilling for his father's step stool business. I have many friends and relatives who are teachers and none of them left teaching when they had children - and some had three kids after they started their careers. It took too many years of university ( 5-6 depending on the province and grade level they were/are teaching, just for a basic degree) to give up a solid career because of kids. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

"Amy is still with transition man...."

Yeah, but it's really Amy he's transitioning, or CONDITIONING.  It reeks of abuse and I wanted to run and save her when she reacted so 'perfectly' to his scheme.  Make her feel horrendous for getting pissed off!?  And then looked down at his food so smugly.  Omgosh I was furious.  How condescending can he keep getting and everyone still say he's a good guy!?  What am I missing?   He glowed of, 'I'm gaining more control' and she is blind coming from abusive treatment.  I wish this co**sucker would try this degrading game on me.  The only thing that came out of his mouth were INSULTS at the soup dinner.  'This is the first time I've been invited', (coz Amy slacked tone.)  'Pass the hot sauce to hide the taste of the soup.'  How snarky, insulting and conditioning can you get?  But NOTE, Amy can't get mad about it in the teeniest way now.  Argh.  This is EXACTLY like an abuser conditioning with sometimes not so baby steps.

Given this doesn't seem to be an issue with most people so I hope I'm wrong.  I believe this could also get a lot worse and find it far worse, (and illegal), than a rage attack.  Everyone has felt rage, including dainty little fake Chris.  He's already drained the color from a fairly strong woman's face without a single concern.   This has gotten quite confusing but as of now, I major don't trust Chris and cringe when he comes on scene.  Amy should do an in depth background report. 

Edited by WillowG
added something, thanks.
  • Love 6

I don't think American teachers are paid as well as Canadian ones (I could be wrong) and likely don't have the generous maternity benefits we do here, but it seems that whatever Tori makes would be more than Zach might bring in coaching soccer and even shilling for his father's step stool business.

Per google, average starting salary for a teacher in Oregon is 35k. Teaching jobs usually have health care which could be important for the family if Jackson is an LP. Teachers usually get generous maternity leave, and they do get summers off and it is typically 6 1/2 hours of in class work. Tory teaches kindergarten so she isn't spending hours grading essays on how Oregon was settled. She probably does spend more time doing arts and crafts and clean up but it's a pretty good job if you like kids.

The step stool business doesn't appear to have any working websites, and I kinda wonder why it would need a lot of time anyway.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Per google, average starting salary for a teacher in Oregon is 35k. Teaching jobs usually have health care which could be important for the family if Jackson is an LP....

Hi Bob, just deleted my reply because it might be a spoiler for you.  :)

Edited by WillowG
oops

I really don't doubt you, WillowG.  I assume they are slopping together a birth episode to end this season on whether the baby is LP or not. I will be honest tho, the pictures I have seen ... I can't tell. I also think all newborns look gross and weird.

And if he was born average, then there's nothing wrong with that... except that Jer and Auj's girl child will still get less attention as all the Roloff menfolk seem much more interested in boys.

18 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Well, I am going to have to add my voice to the chorus of people warning Amy to forget about a future with Chris. He doesn't hear bells. And Amy wants a guy who hears bells.  Chris is not the one.  And that is not going to change.  I just hope he doesn't waste her time leading her on with the hope that he might feel differently one day.  He knows damn well he won't.  I can only hope those girlfriends of hers are giving her better advice off camera than what I saw tonight.  She needs support to get out of that relationship, not support to stick it out.

So Zach and Tori decorated the nursery themselves, that's awesome. It really looked like they brought in a pro. Good for them!

Jer and Aud can go live under a bridge.  Don't care.  

Tell them it's the new 'thing' hipsters are doing and they just might give it a go! 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Per google, average starting salary for a teacher in Oregon is 35k. Teaching jobs usually have health care which could be important for the family if Jackson is an LP. Teachers usually get generous maternity leave, and they do get summers off and it is typically 6 1/2 hours of in class work. Tory teaches kindergarten so she isn't spending hours grading essays on how Oregon was settled. She probably does spend more time doing arts and crafts and clean up but it's a pretty good job if you like kids.

The step stool business doesn't appear to have any working websites, and I kinda wonder why it would need a lot of time anyway.

I wonder why Zach implied that Tori would not be paid while she is off on mat leave? Or maybe she plans on taking more than is normally given? In any case I agree that the hours, time off and benefits are great, and I doubt that Zach could match it job wise in any of those categories. 

I won't pretend to know exactly how it works but... Isn't school mostly out on the west coast? Technically, she'd be out on summer break anyway and they might have the pay system set to not pay during summer break ( I vaguely recall my teachers discussing this in high school - they could get paid less and get paid all year long or get paid more but no paycheck in summer)

And if she hasn't worked at the school for a reasonable length of time, its possible she might not qualify for benefits. Or.... maybe Zach doesn't have a true understanding of her leave situation? Because I can see that ;)

Re: Chris and his nightmarish abuse of Amy. I have to be honest, I'm really not seeing anything sinister here. He's not as into her as she is into him, and he's fairly open about saying so. I think he was trying too hard to be amusing at the dinner and if Amy was genuinely angry, and was hiding it... I have to be honest, she's a grown ass woman and she can make her own decisions.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jeremy is just plain dull.  Is he depressed?  And he appears to not like Audj at all.  Like really.  He looks at her with disdain and disgust.  And I don't feel bad for either one of these shitty snowflakes. 

Chris makes my skin crawl.  Nothing wrong with wanting a FWB situation, but maybe that should have been made known from the start. 

Poor Amy.  She's not my favorite but fuck Chris.  Is he perfect?  No, he's not.  No one is.  You don't need to doubt everything about you bc of him...but I realize that's human nature and I would be the same way.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5

Jeremy competitiveness is his downfall (one of many) ..he felt threatened that Z&T got ahead of him in the baby making department that he jumped in the race not prepared. Not only is he NOT having the first grandchild... He's NOT having the first grandSON!!! Oh the horror.  Now he has to change his whole lifestyle to compete with Zack (who btw, doesn't care about the race, he is living and loving his life). It's no fun being Jeremy if there is no one around to idolize him. 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

From day one, I've felt he had motives. But other than that, I was neutral. Tonight that changed...he is not so subtly letting her know he isn't into her. At least not on the same level as she is into him. 

I do wonder if they had a discussion early on regarding expectations. Did Chris say he only wants someone to 'play' with on the weekends? Did Amy mention she wants a serious commitment? 

She wants a committed relationship and he just wants someone to play with on the weekends like you said awfarmington. I don't know how he could have put it any plainer.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, dugie said:

Jeremy competitiveness is his downfall (one of many) ..he felt threatened that Z&T got ahead of him in the baby making department that he jumped in the race not prepared. Not only is he NOT having the first grandchild... He's NOT having the first grandSON!!! Oh the horror.  Now he has to change his whole lifestyle to compete with Zack (who btw, doesn't care about the race, he is living and loving his life). It's no fun being Jeremy if there is no one around to idolize him. 

Jeremy has always been the Golden Child!  Number 1, leader of the pack and the winner in everything !  To be 27 yrs old and find out the world doesn't revolve around you....Must be a tough blow!  Number 2 (Zach) had the first grandchild...The first grandson!  That definitely raised Zach up in Daddy Matt's eyes and Jeremy has to be seething!

• Love 3

6 HOURS AGO, GINGER90 SAID:

"Amy is still with transition man...."

Yeah, but it's really Amy he's transitioning, or CONDITIONING.  It reeks of abuse and I wanted to run and save her when she reacted so 'perfectly' to his scheme.  Make her feel horrendous for getting pissed off!?  And then looked down at his food so smugly.  Omgosh I was furious.  How condescending can he keep getting and everyone still say he's a good guy!?  What am I missing?   He glowed of, 'I'm gaining more control' and she is blind coming from abusive treatment.  I wish this co**sucker would try this degrading game on me.  The only thing that came out of his mouth were INSULTS at the soup dinner.  'This is the first time I've been invited', (coz Amy slacked tone.)  'Pass the hot sauce to hide the taste of the soup.'  How snarky, insulting and conditioning can you get?  But NOTE, Amy can't get mad about it in the teeniest way now.  Argh.  This is EXACTLY like an abuser conditioning with sometimes not so baby steps.

Given this doesn't seem to be an issue with most people so I hope I'm wrong.  I believe this could also get a lot worse and find it far worse, (and illegal), than a rage attack.  Everyone has felt rage, including dainty little fake Chris.  He's already drained the color from a fairly strong woman's face without a single concern.   This has gotten quite confusing but as of now, I major don't trust Chris and cringe when he comes on scene.  Amy should do an in depth background report. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this, exactly. that guy has given me creepy vibes since he first came on the show. and remember, he has never been married - that seems fishy to me. i think he is around for the money off the show (surely he gets something) and NOT for amy.  

On 5/17/2017 at 0:25 AM, iheartla said:

Jeremy, toddlers love watching airplanes fly overhead.

I live over a flight path and it's really not that bad!! Except for once in awhile where you feel like a plane is lower than it should be and your house kinda rattles..... lol  but that doesn't happen that often.

22 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I brought this up last week - why can't Amy ask Chris to give her the example of when her temper flared?   

sounds to me like he's been wasting past episodes.....

17 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

Zach wants another job but doesn't want to give up his soccer work. His job is at a local soccer center where he coaches and teaches.  I'm really pleased that he realizes Tori may not go back to work and certainly won't for a while and as a result he needs to step up his income. I'm sorry he's not going away from Matt for it. He will forever be Matt's slave.

He said that Tori would be off the next year so seems like she's taking at least the entire next year off. 

14 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I wonder why Zach implied that Tori would not be paid while she is off on mat leave? Or maybe she plans on taking more than is normally given? In any case I agree that the hours, time off and benefits are great, and I doubt that Zach could match it job wise in any of those categories. 

I feel like teachers have weird benefits....at least at the schools where they do have the summer break.  my SIL was trying to be due during the summer break too because she's a teacher.

On 5/16/2017 at 10:26 PM, katycat74 said:

I've always thought Chris was a bit of an asshole, tonight confirmed it.  Just don't like him.

And it can never be said enough...shut up Jer & Auj.

Zach's reaction to cutting the umbilical cord was amusing..I don't blame him.  When did that become such a thing?

Ohhh, around the same time that new dads began videotaping the entire childbirth process while offering ice chips and urging their partners to "push-push-push-push-push (For some reason that push-push thing really irritates me; it reminds me of soccer parents screaming for their kids to "kick the ball!")

• Love 5
(edited)
46 minutes ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

Ohhh, around the same time that new dads began videotaping the entire childbirth process while offering ice chips and urging their partners to "push-push-push-push-push (For some reason that push-push thing really irritates me; it reminds me of soccer parents screaming for their kids to "kick the ball!")

You sure don't want to watch Call the Midwife. Push...push...push... is 50% of the script. I exaggerate. I love the show.

Edited by Ina123
  • Love 6

I do wonder if Jer and Auj thought about the consequences (a child) of becoming pregnant.  It didn't seem to be on their radar at all until they found out about Zach and Tori.  They seemed sad to be looking for houses to settle down, since they like to have a nomad existence.  The thing is they don't need to run home to the farm every week (a 4 hour one way drive?)  if they don't want to.  But my guess is that's where filming is centralized so if they want to be on the show, they need to move closer.  I could see Matt constantly wanting attention from them but Amy seems perfectly content to do her own thing.  She would be a handy sitter though.  I think was most unsettling to Zach and Jer is the thought that their parents might actually get married again (to other people).  What happens to the farm at that point?  Surely the potential spouses would want a say or a share.

I still can't believe Matt is dating Caryn.  It's not just a thing because Amy has a boyfriend?

As for Zach taking on a full time job (maybe full time).  It's time.  I'm sure the show money has helped, but Tori has supported them for years.  Its great that he loves his soccer program, but many parents and adults are able to do a full time job, spend time with their kids and coach.  I get the feeling he thought he'd be a house dad initially taking care of the baby while Tori worked.  Good for her taking some time with the baby.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2017 at 10:44 AM, PradaKitty said:

Wow, Jeremy looked totally miserable (and needs to cut his damn hair) and it's evident that Audrey does NOT really care for the Roloff family.  They both seemed extremely judgemental  regarding Matt and Amy's divorce. Obviously Jeremy would rather have his parents together and miserable, or would prefer Amy live out the rest of her life alone.  These two need to grow up fast - this is the real world. Deal with it.  And Jer, you are no longer the golden boy of Roloff farm - get a job.

AMEN!  What a couple of brats.  So, Jerand Auj think that family members will annoy them.  Well, Matt and Amy went to a lot of trouble to give them the wedding of their dreams.  They provide a tv show for them to earn a living, but, Jer and Auj can't stand them.  Okay.  I don't think that they understand how much you need family when you a have a baby.  There is no replacement for family when you are sick, have an emergency, need childcare at the last minute, need meals, etc. Your family being nearby is a real bonus.  Just saying.  I don't think they get it.  If you have no other choice, it's different. 

Well, I see that Amy's friends didn't seem shocked that Chris mentioned her anger. They just didn't know that Chris had seen it.  lol I think that people who have anger issues, often blame it on others, circumstances, etc.  

Since Chris said that he and Amy had never had a fight, I assume that the anger that he doesn't like in Amy, has been either directed at someone else, in general or he saw footage of her on tv.  

It seemed that things were going pretty well in the talk that Chris and Amy had.  He seemed positive, but, when she asked him if he looked forward to the next 6 months he acted like a ass.  Okay, buddy, you already got the anger issue out there and addressed.  You made yourself known. Point taken, but, you don't have to pretend that you aren't looking forward to the next 6 months, when you have been giving Amy positive signals in every other way.    I WOULD LIKELY HAVE TOLD HIM NOT TO LET THE DOOR HIT IN THE ASS WHEN HE LEAVES.  LOL  Seriously, It would have ticked me off.  Amy didn't deserve that smart ass response, after she COOKED him breakfast in the cabin. Wink Wink

I suspect, that it might have been STAGED.  They need some kind of drama.  This way, we can wonder how the love story is going to go and they drag it out for ratings.  Likely, a cliff hanger for the end of season?  I could see that happening.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

As for Zach taking on a full time job (maybe full time).  It's time.  I'm sure the show money has helped, but Tori has supported them for years.  Its great that he loves his soccer program, but many parents and adults are able to do a full time job, spend time with their kids and coach.  I get the feeling he thought he'd be a house dad initially taking care of the baby while Tori worked.  Good for her taking some time with the baby.

I'm pretty sure Zach and his siblings all got a piece of the TLC money.  Jacob & Jeremy seem to not work at all and get by fine.  Even though Jacob complained about the lack of money, he has to be living off something.

• Love 2

Is it true that Jacob is getting his own show about his "Jack Kerouac-ing through life" intellectual circumnavigation of America with his GF?? If so ..... oh the hypocrisy>

But should one expect anything less from these reality sellouts???

Did anyone happen to catch the 'bonus scene' of Amy and Chris that aired during 7 Little Johnstons?

It showed a flower bouquet that Chris bought because six months. Amy reiterated that she made a special meal because six months. Chris then said he liked to 'match your interest' and Amy asked what that meant. First time she'd heard the term from him and he chose to 'go there' on camera. Prick! He said his interest in her and the relationship is based on her level of interest and effort expended. He further said, in a very condescending and douchy way, that if she plays hard to get then he will do the same. 

Are you frigging kidding me?!?! Amy is completely smitten and from what we've seen, she isn't playing hard to get. His attitude about it just read to me, 'I'm giving you another reason to be on pins and needles regarding my expectations of you. I'm not above trying to emotionally control you.' The woman makes a big effort of cooking for him and planning nice evenings for them, as she recounted in last weeks episode, because that's her way to show love. So yeah, a**hole, I'm not seeing her playing hard to get. I know it's a little irrational but Chris gives off a bad vibe to me. I'd suck it up and suffer through more of Jer and Auj if this idiot disappeared from the show completely!

• Love 9

Jer and Zach do work and had their entire lives exposed to the public as children.  The truth is they have both been severely underpaid for being the anchor show for TLC for over a decade.

The show plot points of "where should we live" and "should I take a job" are lazy.  This falls on the producers, not the twins.  Trying to debate "true character" based on a weak story producer's work is wildly misleading.

The REAL STORY this season is the reveal of Caryn as Matt's lover, which explains the falling apart of the marriage, the building of the DW, and uncompromising rush for divorce since 2010.  I wish we could have a Sixth Sense like ending montage of how their relationship developed over the years, because in retrospect, a whole lot of questions were answered with this development.  

Producers - the baby stuff is cute - and Zach & Tori are clearly the future of the show.  But there's A LOT left unsaid about what Matt has been up to (and still up to).  It's further manipulation to flaunt Amy's show-constructed relationship without equal weight to Matt & Caryn.  (Cameras were there for when Amy & Chris met, first date, first overnight, 6 month anniversary - eh, you get the point).  

My heart breaks for Amy.  I just hope the producer's have the balls to reveal what really happened on that farm between Matt & Caryn, because the answer will reveal the ultimate "true character" of the family patriarch who's still manipulating and exposing his family to the cameras while he is less than forthcoming.  

• Love 13
(edited)

If Chris is being a jerk, I hope Amy sends him packing, however, I wonder if Chris's issue was that they had dated for 6 months and Amy had not introduced him to her friends or family.  (According to this last episode.)  That just seem odd to me.  I can see not getting young children attached to people you casually date, but, no introduction to adult children in 6 months of exclusive dating?? Seem odd, imo. And no double dates with your friends and their partners.  I don't get it.  Maybe, he felt that she was not proud of him or something.  It's difficult to say how much is staged drama for the show.  So, I'll wait and see how things pan out. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

What happens to the farm at that point?  Surely the potential spouses would want a say or a share.

I'm sure they'd be savvy enough to get an iron clad prenuptial agreement. Somehow I don't think that Caryn would want to sign one because in her mind (working for them all these years) she might feel entitled to a piece of it. 

• Love 1

I don't find it THAT odd that the kids haven't met Chris in six months. First, none of them live at home. Molly and Jacob live in different states. When they come visit, Amy probably clears her schedule for them. Zach is married and doesn't come home every day and isn't enthralled with Amy dating so she probably jhas hesitated force the issue. And Jeremy has crossed his arms and frowned and publically snotted with his wife how people who divorce are people who just don't try to fix what's wrong and he HAS met Chris and has been bitching about how he doesn't like the dynamic where his mother does what she wants instead of what Jeremy wants. So I can see why Amy hasn't had Chris move in yet. After Jeremy's little boy with pissed pants attitude over it, I can see why Amy doesn't want to show Chris her children.

• Love 7

If Chris is being a jerk, I hope Amy sends him packing

Not much chance of that happening, I'm afraid.  The way she giggles and acts like a 13 year old around him and when talking about him makes me think she is not going to see his flaws, only her own.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I think was most unsettling to Zach and Jer is the thought that their parents might actually get married again (to other people).  What happens to the farm at that point?  Surely the potential spouses would want a say or a share.

Not necessarily.  They can easily go into a marriage say "the farm is mine and mine alone. The decisions are mine"

My dad's dad died when he was 11.  My grandma didn't remarry until I was 6.  That entire time she took care of their farm and rented out the farmland.  Of course my dad and his brothers were grown adults with families and kids at that time, but apparently my Grandma and Grandpa(kinda step grandpa?) had an agreement that the farmland was always her's - and there is A LOT.  The house they eventually moved into would be his.  My grandma passed in march and they found a list that my grandma kept of every single item in that house that was her's and to be passed onto her family.  People will say how giving and caring my grandma was but in the end, what's her's was hers and she wasn't sharing just because of marriage lol 

• Love 2

Right. I mean, I was under the impression that Caryn for example, had children of her own. And Chris doesn't appear to be a dirt poor drifter with no assets. If either married Matt or Amy, there's no reason to assume Matt or Amy would immediately share the property out.

The possibility of second marriages,  and just because, is a reason I don't get Matt and Amy's apparent (because I don't know every detail) divorce settlement. To each their own. For me, I would want everything split, one name only, no joint ventures or property. 

• Love 1

My personal opinion is Amy had a bad marriage so she needed time to learn about herself, take time for herself, & learn to be by herself. Instead, she's looking for validation from a man, which might be a continuing issue she has yet to resolve.

From what I've seen of Chris, I don't like him & think he's a user. Not that he wants the farm, but that he wants whatever he can get out of her (sex, screen time, whatever) & then when he's done 'playing' like the overgrown, narcissistic, man-child he seems to be he'll split without a problem.

From the way Amy is acting, she just might end up left in the dust again. I hope she at least gets stronger in dealing with him & starts to see clearly. She'd hear his crappy comments better too if she'd stop that stupid giggling.

• Love 6

If Amy wanted to know where she stands with Chris, I'm glad she asked him.  I can't stand women who play games, and tiptoe around men for fear of scaring them off.  Fuck it, if it was something that's important to her, of course she should ask him.  If it makes him run away, then that's on him, and better now than when she's completely in love with him.

Sorry, I just hate game playing games, from either side.  I think Chris is playing a few of his own.

• Love 7