Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media & Spoilery Speculation

• Start Topic

So Pedro's Mom saying we are "Puro Dominicanos!" did not ring racist in any way to me.  She was REMINDING HIM that he is a Great Catch and to not sell himself short to Chantel.  I got it that she was Going Dominican on Them and telling them where to go if they were going to try to run rampant over her boy Peds.  {Same as Going PR on them, or Going Mexican on them or any other ethnic group which is flexing its muscle to a foreigner.} I laughed and thought "Good for her!  She's not letting ANYONE push her boy around!"  Next scene we see him cave to Whatever Chantel wants.  UGH.  So much for the Mom Reinforcements.....If he sticks with ding dong Chantel, then he deserves what he gets since he's already seen what she's like....

• Love 5
On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 6:40 PM, CofCinci said:

Can he come to visit her for a few weeks without being on a K-1 visa?

Not likely. Not only has he been exposed as a potential K1 beneficiary,  he doesn't meet the other requirements,  home ownership and substantive employment, monetary  ties.

On 13/11/2016 at 5:37 PM, Eme said:

So Pedro's Mom saying we are "Puro Dominicanos!" did not ring racist in any way to me.  She was REMINDING HIM that he is a Great Catch and to not sell himself short to Chantel.  I got it that she was Going Dominican on Them and telling them where to go if they were going to try to run rampant over her boy Peds.  {Same as Going PR on them, or Going Mexican on them or any other ethnic group which is flexing its muscle to a foreigner.} I laughed and thought "Good for her!  She's not letting ANYONE push her boy around!"  Next scene we see him cave to Whatever Chantel wants.  UGH.  So much for the Mom Reinforcements.....If he sticks with ding dong Chantel, then he deserves what he gets since he's already seen what she's like....

I think that was pretty racist. If some mother had said we are pure Americans!!, and then went on to call foreigners stupid, people would fall over one another to denounce the terrible racism... I guess only white Americans can be racist.

• Love 3

Same.  Glad I'm not going crazy.  Now that I see others have had scrolling screen issues, I need to apologize to my computer for what I said when I was angry.

I don't have these feelings of needing to apologize for yelling when it comes to anyone on this show, however.  The more I think about it, the deeper I fall into the rabbit hole of their social media accounts and I just need to stop.  Especially when I yell at Nicole for swiping images off of Google to try and pass off as pictures Azan took for "his" account.  *sigh*

The browser loads the text before the photos, so when there is a photo, the page loads the text then the photo, which pushes the text around, and you have to scroll down to the new comments, which are outlined in a dark blue line.

Anfisa needs to understand that taking selfies in your apartment does not a model make.  She was awful to Jorge, and then she decided to make nice by being more reasonable about just getting married at the courthouse?  I'm beginning to think she has some mental defects wrt to pathogical behavior.  My menopausal mood swings were pink elephants compared to Anfisa. 

Could Nicole have been any more petulant and whiny? She's a human bulldozer? I'm over her. Has Danielle been egging her on as to how to behave like a whiny succubus?

Chantel? How could you bulldoze Pedro and throw him to the wolves?Youre a very mean girl!

Happy that Alla got to see her sister in time.  Patrick is dreadful..he should stay home.

Narkiya and Lowo....Gurl, assaulting someone with your ice cream cone is not cool. If he'd done that to you, you'd have had him thrown in jail. Lowo for all his charms is a scammer, but there's not enough chicken skin and cupcakes in the world for you to put up with that lying dog. You'll have to deal with his baby mama because they have a kid together. You're a single mom, surely you understand.

• Love 2

From an episode thread:

The website says they don't paid.   What does the contract the people signed actually say? 

The couples do get paid, $2000 per episode this season, $1000 per person. The more episodes they appear on, the more money they make. Does that explain the over-the-top antics? :)

And I got that information from an insider with the show who wishes to remain anonymous.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

From an episode thread:

The couples do get paid, $2000 per episode this season, $1000 per person. The more episodes they appear on, the more money they make. Does that explain the over-the-top antics? :)

And I got that information from an insider with the show who wishes to remain anonymous.

That's the same number floated for MAFS, never seen a reliable source for either do you have a link?

So they do get paid.   It can explain the antics.   You get more screen time if you are scratching "idiot" in your fiance's car door or pawing the love of your life in the souk.  

But I still would love to see the contract.   It's the lawyer brain.

Does your source go by the name "sore throat?"

• Love 3
On 11/6/2016 at 1:13 PM, sleepyjean said:

Now that you mention it.  That would have been the best diet plan ever!  She is young and was somewhere she couldn't visit the golden arches regularly.  How she stayed the same size is beyond me.

To be fair, at her size (and I have been around her size) you have to lose a LOT of weight before it shows. 20 or 30 lbs at least. She could very well have lost 10-15 pounds, but we wouldn't be able to tell.

Oh to have seen the look on Nicole's face when she got up to the register and saw the McArabia sandwiches on the menu board. I can just imagine her whispering to Azan "Eeeew. That's so weird."

She's not saying there's scarcity in Morocco. She's talking about how much she is served at one time. Sure, there is plenty to eat.  but she would have to ask for (or purchase) seconds, maybe even thirds, to get as much as she's used to having. Probably even she is uncomfortable doing that when nobody else is asking for more food. Often, when you're obese, you don't want to draw additional attention to your size or how much you are eating. 

Yall are killing me!  KILLING ME

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

and her facebook also it seems....

I'm not on either much, but I was snooping to see what she could have posted after the tell all. From Google, she posted this

image_zpsiv7jgkje.jpeg

And she probably got even more heat and just said eff it.

• Love 2

She's exchanging sexual services for money, what did she expect to be called? There is plenty of criticisms to go around to all the couples, and more than enough people to voice them on social media.

I agree with @Major Bigtime that she was expecting a very different response when she arrived, only to find out that Jorge is the only one who thinks she is all that and a bag of chips, besides herself, of course. She made her intentions and desires clear to Jorge, and he married her anyway, so he gets no sympathy from me. He walked into this marriage with eyes wide open, and agreed to her terms.

Good for her for deleting her social media accounts if she was getting too much abuse to tolerate. More people should do that instead of engaging with people who get kicks from picking fights online. There were quite a few people who were seeking her out to insult her looks, because she would respond to them. I don't mean people commenting generally on the show and her, but searching out her social media accounts to specifically tell her that she was a whore and trash. I will never understand how trolling is fun, but it must be for some people. Then there are others who seek out z-list celebrities to tell them how great they are in hopes of a response. I'll never understand that either. Maybe it's like when us old people got signed photos in the mail from celebrity fan clubs, even though it was unlikely that they were signed by said celebrity. Get off my lawn!

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

It looks like Big Baby Nicole is on her way to Morocco for two months, bringing her daughter with her.  Poor Azan! LOL.  There is a rumor floating out there that she found a co-sponsor among fans of the show.

Oh dear Lord no, please say it isn't so!!

• Love 7

Apparently it's true. She's leaving on Nov 29th and taking her child with her. I'm wondering if TLC is going to continue filming this farce for a future season of trainwreck fun for all of us.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if Baby Huey did her darnedest to get pregnant this time around. That way she can force her Mom into being more supportive, whether she wants to be or not. 

• Love 5

He can always so the right thing and break it odd if he doesn't want her to visit, he is just as much to blame as she is for this farce. Maybe more, because he can see that Nicole is taking the engagement seriously and there is a very small child that will be affected. If he does not love her he should say so.

Edited by Drogo
EDITED BY MOD: Removed blank quote.
  • Love 7

Could it be that his family is pushing him to continue on with this ugly American he's obviously not attracted to? They want him to get to America, get that green card so he can work over here and start sending those dollars back to them. Morocco is an economically poor country and money can be a powerful motivator. Just a thought. 

• Love 3

I absolutely subscribe to the theory that the whole family is in on it.  Just from a "what are their neighbors going to think" perspective... they are seen giving shelter to a rude, petulant giant baby that is also a single mom... and the whole world knows she "cheated" on Azan and he doesn't seem to really care LOL.  But they don't care, they hope Azan will soon be out of there, and a little later, all of them to follow him to the US... or he sends money and they think they'll live in a palace.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Apparently it's true. She's leaving on Nov 29th and taking her child with her. I'm wondering if TLC is going to continue filming this farce for a future season of trainwreck fun for all of us.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if Baby Huey did her darnedest to get pregnant this time around. That way she can force her Mom into being more supportive, whether she wants to be or not. 

Oh no. That is terrible news. How does she even have money for the airfare? Or the money to feed herself and her daughter for two months? This is not going to turn out well. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I absolutely subscribe to the theory that the whole family is in on it.  Just from a "what are their neighbors going to think" perspective... they are seen giving shelter to a rude, petulant giant baby that is also a single mom... and the whole world knows she "cheated" on Azan and he doesn't seem to really care LOL.  But they don't care, they hope Azan will soon be out of there, and a little later, all of them to follow him to the US... or he sends money and they think they'll live in a palace.

With these situations, the Family has long-term vision:  Open a business and bring over as many family/friends as possible.  A Lesser Son (not the eldest; doesn't have special skill; low social value; not religious; not providing for extended family; not a favorite), like Asan (works at a coffee shop and hangs out at gym for most of the day taking selfies), is married off to desperate American or Canadian women (most likely how Mo's people are in Canada).  Once Lesser Son is married to these American woman (usually women like Dani and Nicole, who are of low social value to American men and/or are disabled) the vision can follow several paths:

1) Lesser Son is fond of American Wife - He does not want to divorce as she has adopted his cultural/religious norms and he has children with her.  With this option, his parents usually emigrate as soon as possible, often using a medical issue of mother's or father's to expedite priority (humanitarian/medical parole).  If the American Wife is accepted/approved by the Family, the business plans will proceed.  Family back in Morocco will start sending items like rare coins or those popular silk hand-knotted Moroccan tribal carpets that are so popular right now.  They'll undervalue these items to customs.  Lesser Son receives the goods and sells them.  He and American Wife use the cash to open up a business under the direction of father/brother/uncle.  Through the business, they're able to sponsor/hire other family members.  THIS IS RARE.  Most (I recall reading 90% back in grad school a few years ago) divorce.  If Lesser Son has a child with American Wife, that's in indicator that he plans to remain in the marriage for his lifetime.

2)Lesser Son wants divorce from American Wife - If the American Wife cannot fit into the Family's long-term vision, Lesser Son will divorce.  If he can wait it out for a couple of years, Family prefer that he does as to not make any waves that can potentially harm plan.  They will start with business plan shared above when divorce is final.  If Lesser Son cannot deal with American Wife (like Mo, remember Moroccan women would never ever behave like Dani or Nicole), the groundwork begins for case that American Wife has treated Lesser Son 'with extreme cruelty'.  I'm a clinical social worker now, but before that I was a social worker (the positions share the term social worker, but they are two very different professions) who worked in the victim advocate office for my county.  There is where I learned about this 'extreme cruelty' route by witnessing these shenanigans with my own eyes.  We are watching Mo do this with his constant 911 calls.  He is documenting abuse and mistreatment.  With the 'extreme cruelty' route, the family will not send coins or rugs.  He is on his own until legally divorced.  Once divorced, business plan may proceed - but only if Lesser Son is still in good favor with the family (RARE).  Father and Uncles are more likely to disown Lesser Son because he couldn't do the one duty the family asked of him and he couldn't "handle" a woman.  Women are 'chattel'.  If Lesser Son cannot manage one woman, the Family has no confidence in him run a business and manage visas/immigration for other family members.

It will be interesting to see how Nicole and Asan play out over the next few years.  With a second season, Nicole will most likely have the $25,000 needed to sponsor him on her own.  TLC, like many of the Moroccan families, is now playing the long con.  They will pay Nicole enough to get Asan over because the couple is TV gold but underpay him as to not have him lose interest in American cash cow.  Highest ratings for the entire network last week --- we will definitely see Nicole and Asan for the next two years.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Oh no. That is terrible news. How does she even have money for the airfare? Or the money to feed herself and her daughter for two months? This is not going to turn out well. 

Nicole is now a TLC star and 90 Day Fiance had their best ratings with women viewers for the entire year for TLC.  The network/producers will now pay her the $25000 she needs to meet the sponsorship income requirements for the K-1 visa.  They'll cover all the travel expenses too.  Hell, they're probably consulting now with top immigration attorneys to ensure that Nicole and Asan get the K-1 visa ASAP.

4 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

I think there are enough people who are egging her on and want to see this train wreck continue - they are giving her money.Or maybe she was made Head Barista and got a BIG raise!!

Her barista days are over.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Nicole is now a TLC star and 90 Day Fiance had their best ratings with women viewers for the entire year for TLC.  The network/producers will now pay her the $25000 she needs to meet the sponsorship income requirements for the K-1 visa.  They'll cover all the travel expenses too.  Hell, they're probably consulting now with top immigration attorneys to ensure that Nicole and Asan get the K-1 visa ASAP.

Her barista days are over.

Who knew that train wreck women would be a bigger draw than sad sack men going above their league for a trophy in search of a green card 

• Love 3
On November 22, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Landlord said:

I'm not on either much, but I was snooping to see what she could have posted after the tell all. From Google, she posted this

image_zpsiv7jgkje.jpeg

And she probably got even more heat and just said eff it.

Sounds like somebody doesn't know what the word "whore" means.  Isn't a whore someone who has sex for money?

• Love 5

Sounds like somebody doesn't know what the word "whore" means.  Isn't a whore someone who has sex for money?

A "slut" is probably what she meant. In English, it's two different words, but in Russian the word for a promiscuous woman and a prostitute is the same word. Anyway, the point is, she's offended.

5 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

Anyway, the point is, she's offended.

Then perhaps she shouldn't be so blatant about she is only with Jorge for his money.    If she wants to be with a sugar daddy, fine.   But then you don't get to complain when people point out exactly what you are.

• Love 6

Anfisa always struck me that she's a very broken and damaged young lady inside and out. She claimed she wanted to be famous, so I'm sure a lot of this portrayal of her was for ratings more than who she really is.  Anyway, it backfired, by making her look worse than she imagined. She got her face out there.

At the wedding ceremony, she was very tearful. That showed a vulnerability that showed me she had some humanity. 

I finally figured out why Jorge doesn't like American women; he's such a dolt. He's got no clue how to treat a woman or be a companion.  So, get a mail order bride or something similar, who would be so grateful to be there....Leaving Anfisa alone in the apartment all day with no friends, companionship, and barely a penny in her purse or much of anything to eat would drive even a saint to key idiot on his car. 

• Love 5
Just now, biakbiak said:

The dictionary disagrees.

Do bags and shoes constitute actual payment? lol

I hope that Anfisa's living situation improves. I felt so bad for her just stuck in that crap apartment all day. She couldn't even get an Uber because NotSlim Shady can't have credit cards in his name. Her situation isn't much different than Nikki's really. Lord knows those sisters aren't going to extend an olive branch. Anfisa should work her revenge and get fat. She could just camp out in from of the TV and stuff herself with nachos and ice cream whilst she flips through the Lane Bryant catalog.  

• Love 4