Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Welcome to a Puerto Rican Baby Shower

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Because I'm sure what ever vehicle Javi drives is not fancy enough for her Royal HighnASS. 

(Didn't she get in it once, after he had just bougna would let herht it, and remark about how "small" it was?)

I feel bad for Brittany, but not Roxanne. They both enable Briana, but Roxanne CREATED her. She is now reaping the mess she has sown all those years. But I wish Brittany could get away. Get her own place. Problem is, she loves Nova too much. 

If she does get away I hope she takes Nova. I really think Briana would let her. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Yep. If you want clear skin, first start with a clear soul. 

I really think Kailyn is doing the best she can with what she has.  She had no pattern for a healthy family, healthy relationship or good mothering.  Considering this she's doing all right.  I don't like some of her decisions, and she probably won't like them when she looks back at her life.  For now, she has a house and a job, and her children are all healthy.  She clearly loves them.  

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Because I'm sure what ever vehicle Javi drives is not fancy enough for her Royal HighnASS. 

(Didn't she get in it once, after he had just bought it, and remark about how "small" it was?)

I feel bad for Brittany, but not Roxanne. They both enable Briana, but Roxanne CREATED her. She is now reaping the mess she has sown all those years. But I wish Brittany could get away. Get her own place. Problem is, she loves Nova too much. 

People say the same thing about Barb. Both made mistakes but at their age shouldn't have to pick up after their adult children's massive errors. And Babs raised 3 messed up violent kids, not just 1 (Brittany isn't perfect but she has no criminal record, works, no kids, unlike Babs' other children) and I STILL don't think it's her fault. Briana might be a bad egg that her mom is willing to enable, but since her older sister is not that way it can't be 100% her family's fault. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I really think Kailyn is doing the best she can with what she has.  She had no pattern for a healthy family, healthy relationship or good mothering.  Considering this she's doing all right.  I don't like some of her decisions, and she probably won't like them when she looks back at her life.  For now, she has a house and a job, and her children are all healthy.  She clearly loves them.  

I don't think Kailyn is doing the best she can- I think she's generally a user and a nasty person. She knows she has done Jo and Javi wrong, and the reason she's so thirsty and defensive about Chris is because she KNOWS he wants no parts of her and how awful it makes her look. She could choose to do better but she doesn't want to, because that would require her taking responsibility for herself. I don't think she's terribly amoral, her boys are clean and physically cared for, but she's put her hands on people more than once- and then cried when they don't want her any more, wtf. She's like Jenelle but benefits from a higher iq and doesn't have an addiction. 

5 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

People say the same thing about Barb. Both made mistakes but at their age shouldn't have to pick up after their adult children's massive errors. And Babs raised 3 messed up violent kids, not just 1 (Brittany isn't perfect but she has no criminal record, works, no kids, unlike Babs' other children) and I STILL don't think it's her fault. Briana might be a bad egg that her mom is willing to enable, but since her older sister is not that way it can't be 100% her family's fault. 

While it's evidenced Barb's son has severe schizophrenia (and no amount of parenting or environment could've altered his diagnosis), I don't think Briana has any mental health issues (like Barb's son) that cause her to behave this way.

I think Briana is just a general dipshit who's been enabled to high heaven. Brittany is the first born who is responsible, picks up the pieces, and deals with everyone else's mess. Briana is the poor put upon single mother who "needs help". I think if Briana got a good kick in the behind she would get it together, and it may be Brittany who will give it to her when she's fed up. 

• Love 21

I agree about Barb's son, I always forget about his mental illness because he hasn't been shown at all (I don't think?). I think the daughter (not mentally ill) is also violent and a deadbeat with a criminal record who left her kid(s?) with Barb. While the environment in Jenelle's and her sister's home obviously contributed to that, at some point that's on them as adults. It's not all their mother's or even father's fault. 

Regardless, the only reason I brought up Barb was that the same claims about her are made re: Jenelle and her sister, and I don't buy it. Even if Roxane made mistakes that led to Briana being spoiled and foolish, she still shouldn't be having to be essentially a working parent of multiple little kids at her age. Many parents spoil and enable their kids. They still shouldn't have to be parent-grandmothers because at some point most spoiled, entitled kids do put on their big boy/big girl pants and at least not get impregnated by one night stands and expect their families to parent the offspring. And yeah I agree @Scarlett45, it's not like Briana is an addict or some horrible abuser, she's just pretty stupid. Some tough love would do her a world of good. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

They still shouldn't have to be parent-grandmothers because at some point most spoiled, entitled kids do put on their big boy/big girl pants and at least not get impregnated by one night stands and expect their families to parent the offspring

But they don't have to parent their granchildren.  They choose to.  And I realize they might not have a lot of options, but it's atill their choice.  There are not a lot of victims on this show, but there are a lot of people making decisions that don't always end up working for them, then feeling trapped.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

But they don't have to parent their granchildren.  They choose to.  And I realize they might not have a lot of options, but it's atill their choice.  There are not a lot of victims on this show, but there are a lot of people making decisions that don't always end up working for them, then feeling trapped.  

I agree. I don't think Roxanne is a victim. I don't very think Brittany is a victim either. Given that Brittany is Briana's sister and not her Mom she's probably better at setting boundaries etc. I know it's not the BEST analogy at all, but I've spoken a lot on this board as my experiences as a Sib and being a co-parent with my Mom to my sister. My sister is far more obdient and well behaved with me than she is my Mom because she knows I'm not Mommy and I don't give two hoots. Now granted my sister isn't  capable of conscious choice to amend her behavior but like any other toddler she knows better!! If my sister who's a perpetual 2yrs old knows who will take her BS, I know Briana knows who will take it as well. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5

Regarding Briana, I don't think she's a lost cause. She actually reminds me a bit of Chelsea in the early years: decent person but spoiled and babied her entire life and clinging to a relationship that clearly had no future from the start. Since there's no Randy to give her guidance, she's going to have a very bumpy road  on her way to becoming a functional adult. Unfortunately she'll probably have two or three more kids along the way.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding Briana, I don't think she's a lost cause. She actually reminds me a bit of Chelsea in the early years: decent person but spoiled and babied her entire life and clinging to a relationship that clearly had no future from the start. Since there's no Randy to give her guidance, she's going to have a very bumpy road  on her way to becoming a functional adult. Unfortunately she'll probably have two or three more kids along the way.

I can see this. Hopefully Briana will use contraceptives or get her tubes tied now, but I doubt it. However Roxanne only had two kids and Briana may be satisfied with that. 

I can see her really "flourishing" in her middle years when her girls are older and her realizing what a baby she was. I do think if she had something she was passionate about (like a career or hobby) she would be more productive. I swear she reminds me of Leah without the marriages. 

• Love 9

Late to the party. Cringing at Leah's knowledge about the IEP process. IEP's are legal documents and must be renewed yearly. At the one year meeting,  the plan can stay the same, change or dismissed. No way she shows up and asks for an aide. Previous meetings, testing, observations etc. would have to taken place. An IEP is 10 plus pages long, and is all but signed at the meeting. Corey would be invited to meeting.

Skip the coven. Love Barb

Kail sure is giving Delaware State a bad name. Chelsea and Aubree were cute.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Late to the party. Cringing at Leah's knowledge about the IEP process. IEP's are legal documents and must be renewed yearly. At the one year meeting,  the plan can stay the same, change or dismissed. No way she shows up and asks for an aide. Previous meetings, testing, observations etc. would have to taken place. An IEP is 10 plus pages long, and is all but signed at the meeting. Corey would be invited to meeting.

Skip the coven. Love Barb

Kail sure is giving Delaware State a bad name. Chelsea and Aubree were cute.

You are on the mark. I went through the IEP process for my youngest. I just rolled my eyes when Leah was rambling on. I know damn well she has ignored all the professional people who have likely suggested to her over the past couple of years that Ali needs extra help. 

• Love 12

Chelsea had daddy's and MTV's money. Without that, I doubt she would have been working and on her own successfully.

On the contrary, she might have pushed herself harder. 

I came from a family with money. I had nothing to worry about as far as finances were concerned. That doesn't always mean kids from families with money are not hard-workers or that they are spoiled. I think in his own way, Randy did what he did so that Chelsea didn't have a reason to say she couldn't complete her GED or she couldn't go to technical school.

There is nothing wrong with her being a SAHM.  There has been mention her money has been invested. People can invest their money and still be at home. After years of working, I am happy to be at home while I have an income from my investments. 

Kail has a clean home thanks to Mrs. Marroquin. 

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

On the contrary, she might have pushed herself harder. 

I came from a family with money. I had nothing to worry about as far as finances were concerned. That doesn't always mean kids from families with money are not hard-workers or that they are spoiled. I think in his own way, Randy did what he did so that Chelsea didn't have a reason to say she couldn't complete her GED or she couldn't go to technical school.

There is nothing wrong with her being a SAHM.  There has been mention her money has been invested. People can invest their money and still be at home. After years of working, I am happy to be at home while I have an income from my investments. 

Kail has a clean home thanks to Mrs. Marroquin. 

I don't think Chelsea is the brightest or hardest working person in the world, but she's not completely dim. IF there had not been Randy's money or MTV money I think Chelsea would've completed some type of program and worked full time.

I don't think she would've let her daughter go without the things she needed nor would she have wanted to live on public assistance, if only to be out in the world around eligible men and land a Cole type at work or out and about. 

And yes I agree that Randy thought he was doing what was best to support Chelsea. I think once the MTV money started coming in he cut the purse strings- told her how to manage it etc but told her to depend on MTV money to support her and Aubree. 

• Love 8

Yeah, I don't understand why Chelsea's family stability is often held against her. That's how it should be, imo. I wish the other girls had it too but it's not Chelsea's fault that they didn't. Chelsea, with or without a teen pregnancy, was never going to be a CEO in a corner office, or a doctor performing brain surgery. That's just not in her, and that's absolutely fine, the world needs all sorts of people to be functional. 

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

Yeah, I don't understand why Chelsea's family stability is often held against her. That's how it should be, imo. I wish the other girls had it too but it's not Chelsea's fault that they didn't. Chelsea, with or without a teen pregnancy, was never going to be a CEO in a corner office, or a doctor performing brain surgery. That's just not in her, and that's absolutely fine, the world needs all sorts of people to be functional. 

Yeah, I don't think Chelsea's good luck of being born into a stable, loving family should be held against her. I'll admit though, I sometimes roll my eyes when I see hyperbolic praise heaped on her (usually not around these parts, though). She is a perfectly nice, ordinary young person and decent mother, nothing more or less imo.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Yeah, I don't think Chelsea's good luck of being born into a stable, loving family should be held against her. I'll admit though, I sometimes roll my eyes when I see hyperbolic praise heaped on her (usually not around these parts, though). She is a perfectly nice, ordinary young person and decent mother, nothing more or less imo.

On a series like this -- an ordinary, decent mother is something rare and should be celebrated.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, evilmindatwork said:

Well put.

The upbringing of these girls has been scrutinized and analyzed many times over. We don't hold Catelynn's upbringing against her. In fact, we have felt pity and sorrow for what she had to endure growing up in that household. She was not in control and is certainly not at fault for the circumstances in which she was born into. Same with Chelsea. She had no control over what her family life and environment was when she was born. One had it rough while the other had it good, although that doesn't mean it was always happy. Chelsea endured pain due to her parent's divorce. Who knows what it was like before they separated. All the money in Randy's bank account can't absolve that pain. Anyone who has ever dealt with divorce can understand how heartbreaking that can be and how it affects the children. Look at poor Isaac and how torn up he was over his mother and step-father getting a divorce.

We also don't know how well-off Randy was when his children were young. The man probably worked his ass off to get where he is now. It is easy to look at the picture we see on our television screens, but that doesn't tell us how he got to that point in his life. Maybe there were struggles here and there. Being a dentist doesn't mean you get satchels of money thrown at you. I have a cousin who is a doctor. It took him a long while to get to the point where he can live comfortably out in the country in his beautiful home. It took a lot of hours and sacrifices. I am sure Randy did the same.

What I hold against Catelynn is the fact she mirrors many of the same behaviors as April. She is just like April in many ways, except she has money and is not with someone who is physically abusive to her whereas April struggled financially and lived with an addict who was abusive. Catelynn can recognize she has problems, but she chooses not to seek proper help.

I will call out Catelynn, Chelsea, Jenelle, and Kail for THEIR choices, not because of how they grew up.

I will applaud the growth and maturity of any girl on this series.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 18
Just now, CofCinci said:

On a series like this -- an ordinary, decent mother is something rare and should be celebrated.

Not denying that. But-and I've said it before-I don't know that Chelsea would've stood out so much if all the mothers were doing as good or better then her. I still applaud her, but I don't know that she needs (and I doubt she wants) a medal or anything.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I kind of have an idea that Briana was brought in to replace Chelsea who I think would like to leave but for the money.  No more drama in Chelsea's life except for absent Adam and that is not what this show wants.  They want the fights and court hearings and police.  They want all the drama fans so crave.  Chelsea seems happy with her little family and seems uncomfortable with the camera's on to her private moments with her husband and daughter.  But for the money I think she'd be gone.  MTV is readying themselves for that.  Me thinks.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

If she wanted to leave, she could. She chooses to continue to put her child's life out there to be exploited for the $$.

I don't think she'll give up the money.  So there we are but I do think MTV is covering their butts just in case.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, ghoulina said:

MANY people grow up with horrible examples, or no examples, for parents and they turn their life around. I am sorry Kail had such a shitty childhood. She's an adult. An adult with a lot of money, and therefore resources, at her disposal. She can choose differently. 

On the surface - yea, her house is clean and her kids are healthy. Physically healthy. Mentally? I don't know. Lincoln is okay, but Isaac has already shown wear and tear from all she's put them through. He's nervous, confused, emotional. Does she love them? Yes. But not enough. A parent who TRULY put their child(ren) first would never file false PFAs and try to stop their kids from seeing their loving fathers. I a mother who TRULY loved her child(ren) above all else wouldn't bring a guy around right after divorcing their (step)dad. A truly loving, selfless mother wouldn't keep bringing kids into this world in the most broken of broken families. 

Yea, she loves them. But she loves herself way more. 

Maaaaybe. But if she's going to get her shit together, she better hurry up. She's 23, not 18. By 23, Chelsea had met Cole. She was definitely over Adam by that point and had been living on her own and working, etc. Briana is 23 and pregnant with ANOTHER loser's baby. If it was just the one, I could see this analogy better. Maybe two will help her learn? I hope. 

Ehhhhh, most people don't have their Prince Charming at 23, and I don't think Chelsea would either if not for the show (just my opinion). People blossom at different ages, and I know some people who still don't have much direction at almost 30, and some who are starting med school and married at 22. As long as she has it together by 30 (decent job that fully supports her and her children, hopefully living alone or with roommate, consistently making good decisions, no substance abuse, either single or in a stable relationship) I would not be too disappointed in her. At 30, she still has decades ahead of her to be a good parent. 

The disappointing thing is, though, that she is now a parent of two. By virtue of this, she should be a lot closer to having it "together" already, and I agree that even more kids will be added to the mix with Roxanne and Brittany enabling. At least she doesn't have any drug problems that we know of. The way I see it, other than the enabling, her rotten attitude is what's holding her back from success. It's hard to strive towards something if you're ALWAYS negative and have zero energy or drive. If she could kick her ass into gear, she could get something done. Maybe Brittany can be the one to light a fire under her!

• Love 3

I was thinking of all the Teen Moms none of them have a natural sibling.  They all have steps and half brothers and sisters.  So much for Teen Mom $$$!

Leah has twin daughters which make them natural siblings.  That's about it.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was thinking of all the Teen Moms none of them have a natural sibling.  They all have steps and half brothers and sisters.  So much for Teen Mom $$$!

I think Maci has three kids with two different fathers so two are siblings. Cate and Tyler have two kids but raised separately since one was adopted. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Leah has twin daughters which make them natural siblings.  That's about it.

You don't consider biological siblings "natural" siblings? Just wondering- when someone says "natural" I think, "biological/birth" (as compared to Step/adopted). Or are you using "natural" to mean "full sibling" rather than "half sibling"?

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4

I've just started to watch this shit show and not one of you  putas mentioned that Karl chomps gum like at a whale before she makes her decision to go class and bitch to her sons about Javi?   #mytrigger #noneofyouareputas #illkillabitchforgumsnapping

• Love 11
2 hours ago, LBS said:

I've just started to watch this shit show and not one of you  putas mentioned that Karl chomps gum like at a whale before she makes her decision to go class and bitch to her sons about Javi?   #mytrigger #noneofyouareputas #illkillabitchforgumsnapping

Kail chomps like the heifer that she is, as if she is chomping on cud. 

• Love 7
On 9/16/2017 at 8:34 AM, Sprockets said:

I also completely disagree. If she was doing the best she wouldn't have gotten pregnant for a third time with a third baby daddy. 

Also doing her best would require her to give a modicum of respect to Javi and Jo. Instead she treats them both terribly. She has ZERO compassion or empathy. She truly  doesn't care about anyone else but herself.

you Also cannot excuse her shitty behavior completely on her upbringing. I have friends who had it way way worse than she did and they all have healthy relationships and positive attitudes. 

• Love 13
On 9/16/2017 at 0:31 PM, BitterApple said:

I don't think she is clinging to a relationship with Luis. I actually think Luis disgusts her and she was in some ways glad she had an out when he cheated on her. I think it's very convenient to make people believe she was heartbroken but really she was relieved. She would rather raise her baby with the coven. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, KittyKat133 said:

I also completely disagree. If she was doing the best she wouldn't have gotten pregnant for a third time with a third baby daddy. 

Also doing her best would require her to give a modicum of respect to Javi and Jo. Instead she treats them both terribly. She has ZERO compassion or empathy. She truly  doesn't care about anyone else but herself.

you Also cannot excuse her shitty behavior completely on her upbringing. I have friends who had it way way worse than she did and they all have healthy relationships and positive attitudes. 

Not to mention she is an abuser who not only physically abuses people, but she abuses the court system as if she is the victim of mental or physical abuse. 

She also has questionable behavior when it comes to her racially insensitive comments, some of which have been said about her own child. 

Someone here had compiled a list with all the things Jenelle and Kail have in common. It was pretty long. I didn't realize how much alike those two were until I read that list. The only thing Kail doesn't have that Jenelle does, is a book of mugshots. That is because her victims of her crimes of abuse didn't report her to the police, as many victims of abuse often do. 

• Love 16
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think Briana is just a general dipshit who's been enabled to high heaven. Brittany is the first born who is responsible, picks up the pieces, and deals with everyone else's mess. Briana is the poor put upon single mother who "needs help". I think if Briana got a good kick in the behind she would get it together, and it may be Brittany who will give it to her when she's fed up. 

Someone on a recap said that Briana graduated HS early.  Does anyone remember her 16 & Pregnant ep?

3 hours ago, teapot said:

Someone on a recap said that Briana graduated HS early.  Does anyone remember her 16 & Pregnant ep?

I have it on my DVR. She graduated a year before the rest of her class although, I imagine she received the lowest grade in her sex-ed class. 

• Love 11
On 9/17/2017 at 0:56 PM, Christina87 said:

Ehhhhh, most people don't have their Prince Charming at 23, and I don't think Chelsea would either if not for the show (just my opinion).

Chelsea and Cole met at a gas station. I don't think their getting together had anything to do with the show. She's from a smaller town in the midwest. It's not unusual to settle down that early. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Chelsea and Cole met at a gas station. I don't think their getting together had anything to do with the show. She's from a smaller town in the midwest. It's not unusual to settle down that early. 

Not to pick at you but Chelsea is from South Dakota. ? 

I don't think Cole married Chelsea or was even attracted to her because of her celebrity. Being a woman who had her own nest egg was certainly appealing to him (especially since she had a child from a previous relationship) but I don't think Cole was ever after her money or Instagram likes. 

• Love 4

I personally think that subconsciously even, Chelsea's fame put her "above" the average teen mom in his head, or even could contribute to why he worships her ("see, my honey can do no wrong...she's the golden child and the world adores her!"). I don't think he was "after" fame like javi or money like UBT, but objectively Cole could do way better than Chelsea (college educated, no kids, hard worker, attractive). I think Chelsea is a good person too, but objectively not as much of a catch as Cole (in my opinion. Others may disagree, and that's fine). You don't see her sister Emily, who is similar in looks, with anybody steady, yet Chelsea lands the hunky husband. I think at least subconsciously, the show made her look more accomplished and attractive. 

• Love 8

There is a difference between worship and praising someone you love. I am sure I haven't heard Cole say anything that remotely sounds like he is worshipping Chelsea. It sounds like a stretch, to me. I think they say all that praise in their own goofy way, but it certainly doesn't come off as worship. Much like how I tell my husband he is the sexiest man alive and PEOPLE Magazine should put him on their annual cover. *snort*

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Actually, I don't believe they technically "met" at the gas station...I believe the story is that they made googly eyes at each other across the pumps, and then he sent her a Facebook message or something. If it wasn't for the show, I don't know that they ever would've met. Cole seems kind of shy (it's probably a little easier to send a social media message as opposed to approaching someone in person), and how would he have ever found her on social media if not for the show?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Actually, I don't believe they technically "met" at the gas station...I believe the story is that they made googly eyes at each other across the pumps, and then he sent her a Facebook message or something. If it wasn't for the show, I don't know that they ever would've met. Cole seems kind of shy (it's probably a little easier to send a social media message as opposed to approaching someone in person), and how would he have ever found her on social media if not for the show?

I think @ghoulina meant was, Cole was not attracted to Chelsea because of the show. He was attracted to her the way many find partners - by their looks. He wasn't going after her like the way Mackenzie went after Ryan. Yes, he must have known who she was to contact her. 

• Love 8

I think they met on eharmony, hahaha (not that there's anything wrong with that...I'm also in my 20's and me too my last bf that way!). The gas station story has always seemed a little out there to me! Then again, maybe it's true. Who knows?

ETA: a former ex and I met online, and we decided to think of a cover story. Before I could come up with anything plausible (I was thinking along the lines of meeting while out with friends), he went and told his whole family that we met in the park. The PARK!!! Wtf?! He said I was walking around and he came up and asked, "can I help you?" Haha who DOES that? Plus the park was way, way far away from where I lived. When people would ask us questions about it, it was SO uncomfortable. He had told his family this grand tale, and now we were stuck with it. The simpler the better. Met while both out with friends. There. Done!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I think they met on eharmony, hahaha (not that there's anything wrong with that...I'm also in my 20's and me too my last bf that way!). The gas station story has always seemed a little out there to me! Then again, maybe it's true. Who knows?

ETA: a former ex and I met online, and we decided to think of a cover story. Before I could come up with anything plausible (I was thinking along the lines of meeting while out with friends), he went and told his whole family that we met in the park. The PARK!!! Wtf?! He said I was walking around and he came up and asked, "can I help you?" Haha who DOES that? Plus the park was way, way far away from where I lived. When people would ask us questions about it, it was SO uncomfortable. He had told his family this grand tale, and now we were stuck with it. The simpler the better. Met while both out with friends. There. Done!

I can believe the gas station theory because I have had men flirt with me at the gas station. (Not homeless men looking for money ?). If it's happened to me I can believe it's happened to Chelsea. They usually offer to pump my gas or talk to me about my car etc etc. 

• Love 10