Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/11/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I'm watching yesterday's episode now. So far all I've got to add is the fact that I really like Sunny's dress. ?

Edited to add: The honoring of longtime BTS people at the The View was a nice gesture. Of course Whoopi makes it a completely sloppy and jumbled mess.
Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm watching yesterday's episode now. So far all I've got to add is the fact that I really like Sunny's dress. ?

Edited to add: The honoring of longtime BTS people at the The View was a nice gesture. Of course Whoopi makes it a completely sloppy and jumbled mess.

i loved her dress and i figured it was out of reach of the average woman.  too bad.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

For me, Jed is NOT likeable.  I don't mind her rat-tat-tat...but she continues her annoying TALK OVER EVERYONE...everyone but Whoopi.  Whoopi doesn't allow it.  She also talks over everyone and is ALWAYS TOO LOUD.  I'd like to see the people at both ends of the table replaced.   I don't care about the political/religious/sexual leanings of anyone, but they should be courteous, smart, and entertaining.

And tell the truth.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I wonder if they regret letting go of Nicolle Wallace, because she knew her stuff and brought with her so much real-life experience. I do occasionally like when Jed gets really indignant, especially last week after Huckabee was sweet to their faces and then blasted them on Fox News. I don't agree with Jedi often, but I agree with her that SHE believes what she is saying. That's more that can be said of Elisabeth (who had her blue cards full of "facts" and would go over them with Bill Geddie every morning) or Candace (who was very sweet but had no interest in politics).

Candace should have gone to the Talk...shes got great pop culture knowledge as well as a parenting pov.  I do give her props for giving it a try though.

Nicole Wallace wad let go right at the start of a major election, she had great insight into why Donald trump was winning...and she did help mediate between candace and raven during the bakers argument.  I wonder how she would have done as moderator

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

How many times did I yell at the TV "shut UP, JED!"

Her long-winded questions, speaking an entire paragraph, ending in a yes or no question, but not before a dig at Obama. And yes, she had to do a version of "some people say" to justify her opinion.

Jed  thinks she has the right to criticize the woman who should have been president for writing a book about the election. 

Some people say Jed is a narcissistic bitch.

Looks like I need to stop by my liquor store on the way home and stock up on Johnnie, ?Bailey's and Courvoisier before I watch today's show.

Because it bears repeating:

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Some people say Jed is a narcissistic bitch

??????????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Am I the only one who was ecstatic that they ditched "view your deal" on Monday's show? How often can they breathlessly hawk that same old tired overpriced crap?

They probably did it because Monday was 9/11. In the synopsis above, it states it was supposed to be on.

• Love 1

I wanted to throw my coffee at the t.v. with Jed being such a jerk to Hillary, but I can't afford another one, hell I can't even afford a new coffee cup. Hillary was great, but that was one HARD SELL for her book, which I didn't need. And who the hell cares about her marriage to My Bill, that's her business. Jesus, leave that subject alone will ya. Okay, I'l through for now, still watching the show. LOVE YOU HILLARY.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I wanted to throw my coffee at the t.v. with Jed being such a jerk to Hillary, but I can't afford another one, hell I can't even afford a new coffee cup. Hillary was great, but that was one HARD SELL for her book, which I didn't need. And who the hell cares about her marriage to My Bill, that's her business. Jesus, leave that subject alone will ya. Okay, I'l through for now, still watching the show. LOVE YOU HILLARY.

This isn't surprising. Didn't we predict this is how it would go? I suspect Hillary is pushing for this book because of reactions before the book came out. 

• Love 3

The View ladies needed to be on their toes to counter Jed's guard-dog approach to HRC.  I also saw HRC on the ABC Morning show and frankly, it was boring.  A rehash that most of us informed voters knew, and that Drumpf voters won't believe anyhow.  .

She kept talking abt the research on the unlikeability of females in power and how she had 69% approval/likeability as Sec of State. Like Bill Murray said in Meatballs:  It just doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter.  It just doesn't matter. 

It's over for her.  May the next female candidate fare more kindly.

I voted for HRC, and like the 3 million extra voters, believed in her, but now it's time for her to find a job for her amazing energy and I need to  support other, viable female candidates for any level of government. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Has anyone else noticed how much Joy coughs during the show?  I noticed it last season and thought maybe she had a cold or allergies but she's still doing it a lot.

! Its the building, running a/c etc.  It really dries the moisture in the air.  She should run a humidifier in the dressing room.. The lozengers work well.  Those bldgs are so old, ive not doubt some of them are sick.  I worked in one such building for 21+ years .  Everyday religiously I would lose my voice and get a sore throat, but there would also be the sneezing and the eyes.  

Edited by Tammee

Jed likeable?   You must be kidding!  This week she's insisted her pal Bannon " Absolutely Doesn't Embrace White Nationalism";  then defended her former Fox colleague, Brian Kilmeade's comments, that our the country's current problems are the result of whites marrying "other species, by saying "It's how you interpret his words."  Loved hearing Whoopie tell her no matter how you interpreted his words......what he sad was BAD.  I think it's time Ms. Bila call up her buddy Trump & ask for a job on his WH staff.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

then defended her former Fox colleague, Brian Kilmeade's comments, that our the country's current problems are the result of whites marrying "other species, by saying "It's how you interpret his words."  Loved hearing Whoopie tell her no matter how you interpreted his words......what he sad was BAD.  I think it's time Ms. Bila call up her buddy Trump & ask for a job on his WH staff.

I forgot about this! Yes, how you interpreted his words!  Gee, what I hear is him saying that non-whites are another SPECIES, as in, non-human.

Jed can say he meant something else, only if she can come up with an alternative way of interpreting those words.

• Love 8

I'll vote for Jedi-blaugh blaugh blaugh working for the Drumpt whitehouse as soon as possible too, good idea, anything to get her off this show.  Thanks Miss Honey for that idea,  whoever you are. Did you notice that her hands were a total fist the entire time she was talking to Mrs. Hillary. Nasty piece of work that one. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I, for one, really enjoyed the interview with Hillary, both on the Today show and on The View.  I think she laid out what happened very well.  I think it was worthwhile for her to do it, and for it to be a catalyst for ongoing discussion. 

Yes, I had forgotten how articulate she is.  Gawd, the difference between the way Hillary expresses ideas & the way dumpf expresses "ideas" is mind-boggling.  I wasn't really feeling like reading the book, but now I will, for sure.  I liked what she had to say about her marriage, too.  Nobody's business.  I'm sure they are very supportive of each other.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

? I suspect Hillary is pushing for this book because of reactions before the book came out. 

Hillary was urging people to read the book, yes.  Keep in mind that only a few days ago, a few excerpts were released and "some people"  including Jed, were saying that Hillary was blaming Bernie and everyone else for her loss, and how she needs to take responsibility.   Based on one paragraph of the book, complaining about what Hillary DIDN'T say.   I think Hillary was entitled to hit Jed over the head with her book and say - did you read the part where I took responsibility, bitch? 

• Love 23

I won't lie that I've always been a fan of Hillary, with or without the politics. Her no-nonsense personality that others find boring has always appealed to me. *shrug* I planned to get the book anyway, but it's nice to see her being more unrestricted these days and not caring about the hatred for her from so many directions.. I particularly loved her making a point of the difference in how she treated Obama in '08 versus how Bernie treated her.

I had a feeling she'd show up on The View anyway because Joy seems to have connections to the Clintons. I remember the same week she returned to the show (back before trash like Candace and Raven were flushed), she announced that she'd been able to clench an appearance from Bill Clinton.

• Love 19

I was relieved that when Whoopie appeared at the Sister Act thing, she didn't start with, "Welcome to Sister Act, Welcome to Sister Act, Welcome to Sister Act, Welcome to Sister Act, Welcome to Sister Act, Welcome to Sister Act, Welcome to Sister Act, Welcome to Sister Act, Welcome to Sister Act........"

• Love 11

I really enjoyed the interview with Hillary Clinton. 

And I applaud The View for NOT having all those annoying tweets/facebook posts from people (julie4evert)  who take it on as a job to disparage any liberal views on the show.   I don't know if they stopped that all together for the new season, but I appreciated NOT having to see that crap when Hillary was on. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, backformore said:

And I applaud The View for NOT having all those annoying tweets/facebook posts from people (julie4evert)  who take it on as a job to disparage any liberal views on the show.   I don't know if they stopped that all together for the new season, but I appreciated NOT having to see that crap when Hillary was on. 

Amen!  There's enough of the irrational comment crap if you are on FB, don't need to see it on the bottom of the screen.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I particularly loved her making a point of the difference in how she treated Obama in '08 versus how Bernie treated her.

huh that was a rich and laughable line by her.... coming from the woman who's campaign first pushed the Obama turban picture into the media. 

wow so she told her supporters to vote for Obama at convention? so did Bernie. they quit campaigns at similar times in 08/16. An estimated 25% of Clinton voters in 08 voted for Mccain while only 12% of Bernie voters did same with trump. and they both endorsed, supported and campaigned for their primary candidate. 

• Love 2

Today's show is when I really like Whoppi, when she is in "Movie star role" in a good way.  I think she is the most interesting, even keeled, and actually shows joy at what she is talking about when she is discussing her movies or show business in general.  Everyone from the cast looked really great.  It was nice to see Wendy and Harvey. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

OMG, Kathy Najimy looks great!!!

I've always liked her.

I'm just starting Thursday's show. Is the lighting this season craptastic or is it Sara's hair and makeup making things look weird? Jed and Sunny's coloring look weird too actually. I first noticed it last week as did someone else I think. It's driving me crazy this episode though.

The Mooch is going to co-host next week on Friday?!? Oh boy. Whoopi said she wouldn't be there that day too which I thank her for confirmation.

Sister Act turning 25 makes me feel old... ?

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

I enjoyed Thursday's show. Whoopi didn't try to be the center of attention. The amount of commercials this show takes gets worse and worse though. I don't think The Talk has as many breaks as The View. Fast forwarding through commercials and nothing else it took me just under 30 minutes to watch the show. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

How long has Whoopi been a moderator! She had a minute left and asked what to do next. Joy had to prompt her to discuss Hillary which was already scheduled since they showed a photo. The moderator also interrupted Paula talking about Antifa then apologized for cutting her off. Paula finished her point then Joy and Sunny added their view.

As unprofessional and dumb as ever is Miss Whoopi.

Joy as moderator EVERY Friday please ABC!!! It works so much better.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I really loved the Sister Act reunion. Whoopi seemed so happy and it was easy to see why so many in the "business" genuinely like her. 

I did too!  Sing'n and dancing! Got my cardio on haha!

• Love 2

I saw the touring company of the "Sister Act" musical last month.  I missed the old rock songs that the movie used, instead it was all original music and to me, it didn't have the same impact.

Are they really going to have Ann Coulter on next week?  Bad enough the Mooch is going to do Guy Day Friday.

(Though Coulter is calling for Trump's impeachment today)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aileen said:

I really loved the Sister Act reunion. Whoopi seemed so happy and it was easy to see why so many in the "business" genuinely like her. 

Well then she should have never left her movie career. She sucks as a moderator on a talk show.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopi truly hates Paula.   She cannot hide her contempt.  She is an actress  she should be able to  hide it.  Paula gets under her skin and it shows..

I don't know what it is but she seems to attack Paula at every turn.  Maybe something went on off camera to cause the dislike.  She got along with Elisabeth, Nicole, Candace and Jedidiah so I''m not sure why Paula rubs her the wrong way.  I hate watching when they are on together.  Bring back Whoopi-free Fridays !!!!!!

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I don't know what it is but she seems to attack Paula at every turn.  Maybe something went on off camera to cause the dislike.  She got along with Elisabeth, Nicole, Candace and Jedidiah so I''m not sure why Paula rubs her the wrong way.  I hate watching when they are on together.  Bring back Whoopi-free Fridays !!!!!!

Probably because Paula pushes back. Bitsy, Nicolle, Candace Born Again Barbie, and Jedifoxbot  suck up/brownnose praise Whoopi. Rosie pushed back and we saw what happened.

For being such a cynic, I was pretty naive in thinking and postulating that Whoopi would be professional when Rosie came back.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13

I haven't seen all of the show this week (and none of Friday's show yet), but I did see a clip of the post-Hillary show where they referenced FOX's coverage of their interview and Jedi brought up how they misspelled her (Jedi, the former FOX employee's) name. lol Maybe if you'd been a blonde.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Bring back Whoop-free everyday! She is horrible!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I vote for a Whoop-free day too...Give me my Joy. Joy is the best, but she would probably quit if she had to host that round table of turds every day, but hey, just give us our Fridays with Joy please? 

Joy is much better at moderating than Whoopi. The show flows so much better and the mood and tone of the show tends to be much more pleasant. I found it rather hilarious that Whoopi felt so happy that she wouldn't be there for the Mooch show. She likely doesn't realize that a lot of us are quite happy that she won't be there.

• Love 5
On 9/13/2017 at 2:56 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Jed is rather likeable.  I do think her rat-tat-tat East Coast accent/personality rubs some the wrong way.  I grew up in the midwest and when I went away to college on the East Coast (30+ years ago), that "type" just drove me bonkers, as I had never really encountered loud, boisterous, opinionated, accented, rat-a-tat-tat personalities.  And EVERY SINGLE PERSON I met had that demeanor.  It takes time to adjust/accept.  Jed is pro-choice, pro gay rights, and libertarian. Some would say (ha) that she isn't really all that conservative.

They tried going for :softer: types with CCB.  And that failed miserably since she couldn't find her way out of a discussion with any logic or clarity.  Plus, it seems pretty apparent that CCB took the gig to raise her profile and bolster the cash-cow that Fuller House has become.

I grew up in the NYC area, and have never lived anywhere else.   I don't find Jed to be likeable at all.  I know plenty of people who others might consider to be loud, etc.  But few have ever rubbed me the wrong way as much as Jed.  I found her to be irritating the moment she first joined this show, and my opinion has never changed.   Lots of people we see on TV every day are from this area, and I've never heard of other people having to adjust to them.

Jed has an annoying and obnoxious personality.   There are annoying and obnoxious people everywhere.  It has nothing to do with being from the east coast.  

• Love 9