Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/11/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 9/13/2017 at 0:49 PM, backformore said:

How many times did I yell at the TV "shut UP, JED!"

Her long-winded questions, speaking an entire paragraph, ending in a yes or no question, but not before a dig at Obama. And yes, she had to do a version of "some people say" to justify her opinion.

Jed  thinks she has the right to criticize the woman who should have been president for writing a book about the election. 

Some people say Jed is a narcissistic bitch.

Exactly.  I did NOT want Hillary Clinton's time there to be wasted listening to Jed go on and on.   She doesn't know how to simply ask a question, and then listen for the answer.  I've never seen anyone so in love with the sound of her own voice.  It was particularly irksome when Hillary was there, a compelling guest who had a lot of interesting things to say. 

Yes, "narcissistic bitch" does sum it up nicely.  Super-big ego, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

Joy is much better at moderating than Whoopi. The show flows so much better and the mood and tone of the show tends to be much more pleasant. I found it rather hilarious that Whoopi felt so happy that she wouldn't be there for the Mooch show. She likely doesn't realize that a lot of us are quite happy that she won't be there.

She may or may not know but I'd be willing to bet she wouldn't care.  As long as she's getting paid, she's good. 

I like Whoopi for certain conversations but she 100% makes things more tense when she is around. 

• Love 3

During the Sister Act reunion, when they were talking about the auditions and singing, they never mentioned that Wendy didn't sing in the movie. She was dubbed.

And I don't think Whoopi left her movie career. I think the movie career left her. Roles dry up for women after a certain age, they dry up even faster for women of color.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

During the Sister Act reunion, when they were talking about the auditions and singing, they never mentioned that Wendy didn't sing in the movie. She was dubbed.

And I don't think Whoopi left her movie career. I think the movie career left her. Roles dry up for women after a certain age, they dry up even faster for women of color.

and with limited range.

3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Whoopi is in a new movie with Charlie Sheen - 9/11  is the name of it, she plays a telephone operator, I believe, talking to people stuck on an elevator in the twin towers. 

• Love 1

So, I finally got around to watching the Hillary interview, and I have to admit, it was so refreshing to see an intelligent, coherent, smart woman speak in clear, complete and declarative sentences. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed seeing her or hearing from her. And did Jedifoxbot think she was going to "trap" her or do a "gotcha!" thing with her? PUHLEAZE.

And if I had anything in my stomach when Sara was going on about how Jedifoxbot was able to "explain" an issue, using "fact" instead of "emotion" which she, Sara always does, and thus allows her (Sara) to see the issue from another perspective, I would have hurled. It's Sunny who always backs up her arguments with FACTS. And I will not lie--as much as Whoopi aggravates, annoys and pisses me off, I was laughing my sick with flu ass off (which had me hacking out a lung, I coughed so hard and long while laughing) when Whoopi cut that rabid laughing hyena about how Hollywood and Liberals "need to lighten up" when Joy brought up how Colbert normalized Spicer. Now I didn't appreciate Whoopi telling Sunny "Don't yell at me," although at first I thought it was at Jedifoxbot she aimed it at, since both Sunny and her were trying to interrupt, and Whoopi can take several fucking seats, but I loved it.

Yeah, she's working on a book, that is SO AMAZING and will "Shake things UP!" that she couldn't even provide the audience, viewers or cohosts, a description or blurb of what it will actually be about. So NOT gonna miss her.

• Love 8