Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/11/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:

Day of Hot Topics; "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday:

Maria Sharapova (author, "Unstoppable: My Life So Far")

Wednesday:

Former presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton (author, "What Happened")

Thursday:

25th Anniversary of "Sister Act" with an epic surprise reunion

Friday:

James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal ("The Deuce")

• Love 2

At least we know Paula won't be there at Wednesday, she admitting she loves being put in place and always making excuses for men who act like jerks.

Jed should be there because you know Hilary will either pay her no mind, or not take the bait.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

At least we know Paula won't be there at Wednesday, she admitting she loves being put in place and always making excuses for men who act like jerks.

Jed should be there because you know Hilary will either pay her no mind, or not take the bait.

I will never forget when Paula said that she likes it when her husband puts her in her place. I remember this board was on fire after she said that..lol   It was unreal that she had said that. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, backformore said:

any chance Jed will be sick that day?  

But then who would be there to ask the "tough and fair" questions to Hillary. If Jed is a way, it would be a love fest with everyone just nodding in agreement and patting each other on the back. That makes for very boring tv. Let Jed, or any of the panelists ask those questions and let Hillary fight back. That's what a show like The View should be. Unfortunately, it rarely is.

• Love 2

I've been reading lately that Maria Sharapova has been making statements about Serena Williams that have coded racial language in them (just got back from vacation and haven't read the articles referenced). I wonder if someone will bring that up, and what her response will be?

22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I will never forget when Paula said that she likes it when her husband puts her in her place.

That's because her husband is her leader.  And Paula is passing that lovely sentiment on to her children, including her daughter.  Isn't she great?

Saw Hillary on CBS Sunday Morning with Jane Pauley, have no desire to see her shilling her book again.  I'll only be DVRing Friday's episode for JF and MG.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Saw Hillary on CBS Sunday Morning with Jane Pauley, have no desire to see her shilling her book again.

I'm pretty sure that's why she's making the rounds of talk shows--to talk about her book; just like Sen. Al Franken did awhile back. That doesn't mean that the ladies won't talk about the election. After all, that's what this book of hers is about. She's not running for anything, and has been out of the public eye, mostly since last November.

• Love 7

Jed's repeated defense of Steve Bannon & today's claim her pal Steve "Does Not," embrace the White Supremacist movement, knowing Bannon  repeatedly bragged he's the person who advised Trump to make those hateful attacks , at his campaign rallies, against American Minorities, Immigrants & Jews.....she deserves more than a day off.....she should be given two weeks notice from ABC, shown the door & pointed in the direction of Fox News.

• Love 24
28 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

pointed in the direction of Fox News.

Wasn't she already with Fox?

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm pretty sure that's why she's making the rounds of talk shows--to talk about her book; just like Sen. Al Franken did awhile back.

Al Franken is funnier.  I think maybe this book is too soon.  On the other hand, then it will be over with.

• Love 1

Does anyone get the feeling that Jed argues against the others because that's her role vs what she actually thinks?  

Mommy guilt still seems to be the thing in 2017  ?  The ironic thing aboit the panel talking about this was the fact that last week, the women asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders about being a mom and being press secretary and how she juggles it.  So the panel played right into that automatic assumption.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

But then who would be there to ask the "tough and fair" questions to Hillary. If Jed is a way, it would be a love fest with everyone just nodding in agreement and patting each other on the back. That makes for very boring tv. Let Jed, or any of the panelists ask those questions and let Hillary fight back. That's what a show like The View should be. Unfortunately, it rarely is.

Clinton isn't running for anything. Generally, when former Presidents or candidates have written memoirs, they are interviewed in a friendly, not combative manner.  Why should Clinton be treated differently?

• Love 18
On September 9, 2017 at 0:03 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I'm a tennis fan, so I'm interested in what Maria Sharapova has to say about being suspended for using an illegal "substance".  (I think she was hung out to dry by her team!!)

Off topic but I watched Maria and Chelsea Handler when they went to Russia.  She's a hoot.  Straight shooter  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, mbutterfly said:

I see that some people don't enjoy authors coming on because they are "shilling" their books.

I enjoy it on shows like CBS Sunday Morning which feature thoughtful interviewers, totally unlike the panelists on The View.  I'm skipping HRC's visit to the View because I can't imagine any of those 5 women adding any kind of insight that hasn't already been covered.

• Love 4

I love REAL authors of literary books or nonfiction, as opposed to celebrity books, mostly ghost-written.  The View or most morning shows,  except Sunday Morning, rarely do these. Craig Ferguson was FUCKING AWESOME with real authors. God, I loved his talk show. 

I voted for Hillary, but I don't want a rehash of the campaign crap. Its hard enough to watch the news everyday.  Especially with Jedi spewing sexist crap. 

• Love 6

If Whoopi understood that the" Shoot at Hurricane Irma" event on Facebook was a joke, why did she not understand that the vast majority of the 80,000 people who signed up to participate also knew it was a joke, and signing up to attend was them just being silly?

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Tosia said:

The View or most morning shows,  except Sunday Morning, rarely do these. Craig Ferguson was FUCKING AWESOME with real authors. God, I loved his talk show. 

He sure was!  CF was a big fan, like me, of crime fiction.  He interviewed Ireland's Ken Bruen and UK's Stuart Neville before anybody.

• Love 2

Whoopi constantly tries to put Sunny down, and I'm sick of it. Sunny said that this was the first time we had seen Bannon talking (and that is what was mentioned on 60 Minutes that this was his first TV interview), but Whoopi had to loudly refute Sunny and say that this wasn't the first time, blah, blah, blah. She either disagrees with Sunny often for a stupid reason, or she likes to give a disgusted look after Sunny has spoken. I'm sure that Sunny is probably happy that she's moved down the table from Whoopi, the disagreeable know- it- all jerk.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 19

Whoopi is wrong. Unless they worked for the guy like Jedi did, most voters had no idea who Steve Bannon was during the 2016 campaign. He very deliberately operated behind the scenes until SNL and that TIME cover brought him out of the shadows and into broad scale public awareness.  And Whoopi was wrong to snap at Sunny that way. Why do they put up with this?

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 13

I caught Sara looking at Jed a few times, with an expression that conveyed hatred, revulsion, disgust.  It made me wonder if it might be Sara who requested to be moved.  she was also noticeably annoyed when Jed talked over her. 

6 hours ago, useryikes said:

I have a very shallow comment.  Sunny looked just awful today.  The hair & make-up were really off.  She needs a more polished hairstyle.

I have no problem with her hair.  But there WAS something off, her makeup color was too yellow, or something.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Does anyone get the feeling that Jed argues against the others because that's her role vs what she actually thinks?  

Absolutely. X10.

Clearly, the demographic of folks on this site skews strongly liberal, so the reaction to HyperJed is expected.  The show needs someone to reflect the huge swath of white females who regularly vote conservative.  Jed tends to present that view better than StepfordPaula.  The show would be boring if they all just spewed the same position on every topic.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Y'all are awfully quiet today. Was the show pre-empted?

I think everyone is waiting for the Hillary earthquake!

11 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Clearly, the demographic of folks on this site skews strongly liberal, so the reaction to HyperJed is expected.  The show needs someone to reflect the huge swath of white females who regularly vote conservative.  Jed tends to present that view better than StepfordPaula.  The show would be boring if they all just spewed the same position on every topic.

I have to say that Jed doesn't really bother me.  I don't want 5 with the same viewpoint - just think - you could have Hasselbeck (I REALLY couldn't stand her).  Every once in a while Jed comes out with something sensible.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:17 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Absolutely. X10.

But why do they choose such unlikable "conservative" women.  Elisabeth, Candace, Paula, Jedi?  If I was a conservative woman I would be appalled that these purport to speak for me.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Y'all are awfully quiet today. Was the show pre-empted?

I've made a few posts and they have mysteriously disappeared. Does anyone know what may be going on?

Edited by mrbean5411
typo
15 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

I've made a few posts and they have mysteriously disappeared. Does anyone know what may be going on?

If you've read the mods' note and your posts haven't violated their rules, write to them and ask if they've been deleted.

Edited by ChicagoCita
36 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

I just went back and double-checked. It must just be a slow day, or your posts aren't going through for some other reason.  No posts have been removed today.

3 hours ago, susieq147 said:

But why do they choose such unlikable "conservative" women.  Elisabeth, Candace, Paula, Jedi?  If I was a conservative woman I would be appalled that these purport to speak for me.

I don't think Candace was unlikeable, but certainly not what I would call well-rounded or well-informed, nor able to articulate why she felt the way she did. My feelings toward Ana Navarro may be colored by the fact that she's gone rogue, but I think she would have been a great addition to the panel. Well-read, whip-smart, and witty. Certainly a good counterpoint to Sunny and Joy. I don't remember much about her "audition," but I'm wondering why she wasn't chosen.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I don't think Candace was unlikeable, but certainly not what I would call well-rounded or well-informed, nor able to articulate why she felt the way she did. My feelings toward Ana Navarro may be colored by the fact that she's gone rogue, but I think she would have been a great addition to the panel. Well-read, whip-smart, and witty. Certainly a good counterpoint to Sunny and Joy. I don't remember much about her "audition," but I'm wondering why she wasn't chosen.

She lives in Florida (which she may be regretting) & has a sweet-love there, so I doubt if she'd be interested.  I love seeing her on the various shows ... always intelligent & to-the-point.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, susieq147 said:

I wonder if they regret letting go of Nicolle Wallace, because she knew her stuff and brought with her so much real-life experience. I do occasionally like when Jed gets really indignant, especially last week after Huckabee was sweet to their faces and then blasted them on Fox News. I don't agree with Jedi often, but I agree with her that SHE believes what she is saying. That's more that can be said of Elisabeth (who had her blue cards full of "facts" and would go over them with Bill Geddie every morning) or Candace (who was very sweet but had no interest in politics).

• Love 9
12 hours ago, susieq147 said:

Jed is rather likeable.  I do think her rat-tat-tat East Coast accent/personality rubs some the wrong way.  I grew up in the midwest and when I went away to college on the East Coast (30+ years ago), that "type" just drove me bonkers, as I had never really encountered loud, boisterous, opinionated, accented, rat-a-tat-tat personalities.  And EVERY SINGLE PERSON I met had that demeanor.  It takes time to adjust/accept.  Jed is pro-choice, pro gay rights, and libertarian. Some would say (ha) that she isn't really all that conservative.

They tried going for :softer: types with CCB.  And that failed miserably since she couldn't find her way out of a discussion with any logic or clarity.  Plus, it seems pretty apparent that CCB took the gig to raise her profile and bolster the cash-cow that Fuller House has become.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Jed is rather likeable.  I do think her rat-tat-tat East Coast accent/personality rubs some the wrong way.

For me, Jed is NOT likeable.  I don't mind her rat-tat-tat...but she continues her annoying TALK OVER EVERYONE...everyone but Whoopi.  Whoopi doesn't allow it.  She also talks over everyone and is ALWAYS TOO LOUD.  I'd like to see the people at both ends of the table replaced.   I don't care about the political/religious/sexual leanings of anyone, but they should be courteous, smart, and entertaining.

• Love 11
On 9/11/2017 at 9:30 AM, mbutterfly said:

Regardless of the person, that is usually my favorite sort of interview. I enjoy hearing an author speak about a book. 

I enjoy authors talking about their books...and a bit about themselves, but I'm not as nice as MButterfly.  I can't say, "Regardless of the person."   Maybe I'm a literary snob.  Gee! I'd love it if that were true.   I think I appreciate the NPR author interviews the most.

• Love 3