Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E09: Rampage

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Everybody makes mistakes but Camilla has had years of losing her shit (on camera) and acting a fool. She doesn't want to change. 

Spoiler

Based on what I've read, this wasn't the last time either so she learned nothing from this event. She was even worse on the next all-stars.  Apparently, she's now banned from challenges. Aboit time.

• Love 10

Camila got off way too easy. I was hoping that TJ would tell her to pack her bags and go home. Her behavior and remarks were disgusting and she needs some serious help. Leroy is a gentleman in the way he handled the situation.

Tony is also another one that walked away without any repercussions. People were super hard on Cara Maria for fooling around with Thomas when she was with Abram, but Tony actually has kids and I didn't feel that people were that hard on him. I guess they forgot considering what happened with Camila.

• Love 17

We learned nothing new. Camila is still a trainwreck of a human being that is visible from orbit. She's probably not racist, but she should have been removed from the game for her "safety," like Racist Jenna was. I reckon MTV should throw a small telethon to raise money to get her the help she so desperately needs. A Camilathon, if you will. "She Gave You Drama, Now Give Her Help." Johnny could donate the money that would've went to Sarah. Seriously, we've gone beyond Tonya-level broken with Camila at this point, and Tonya is probably still spitting up duct tape that holds her soul together.

Tony is still an asshole. I don't care if he wasn't "into it." He doesn't seem to learn anything.

Oh, and who lit the match around the exposed gasoline? Johnny. I mean, Tony kinda helped and alcohol played a big part, but fucking Johnny fucking instigates again. And the others let him do shit.

"Racism's bad, mmkay?" Thanks, Teege! Seriously, I get Camila being a draw, but couldn't BMP drop the hammer on her like in Rivals III?

Oh, and Presidios were underwhelming again. Also, they're meaningless with Redemption House still running. And that's now boring, with Cory trying to pass for human for Aneesa, and Marie going stir crazy. Also: I think BMP let CT know that the House is still operating. Or maybe he's that in tune with the gimmicky bullshit from BMP. Hey, maybe Fear Factor won't suck next week! And maybe a rat will bite Johnny in the dick and cause it to turn yellow.

Dario wondering if "erotic" was a word was funny. I will give him that.

ETA: Aside from Racist Jenna, has anybody been kicked off a BMP program for insensitive remarks? And Camila said those to Leroy. He's probably damaged, but he's in the half of the cast that can pass for a functioning human being.

• Love 4

Two of those interviews with John and CT were from WAY after this was done filming.  It was weird and jarring.

So Camila is a heinous hosebeast, gets sent away for a night, and then comes back and sends someone else into elimination?

Fuck that noise.  Nuh-uh, bitch bye.  If she wasn't going to be tossed out completely, she should at least have had her power stripped away. I don't see how that is equitable that she leaves and then comes back.  I mean, I know Jordan's was terrible, but Camila was 97 types of wrong and I personally think she was worse.  

2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Dario wondering if "erotic" was a word was funny. I will give him that.

Dario has some flaws but he has shown to be stealth funny.  I could definitely like this version of him.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Two of those interviews with John and CT were from WAY after this was done filming.  It was weird and jarring.

Is that why CT had weird swollen eyes, and Bananas was all slick-hair coiffed?

Also, I've always been sort of indifferent about Leroy, but I think I fell in love with him a little tonight.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

So wait.. the people in the redemption house get to go out on day trips? Like whoa.. Corey and Anessa get to go on a date? 

I kind of love Marie. She's kind of funny.

Right. Sign me up for the redemption house. 

Oh Camilla what a horrible person you are. This the only time a wish Aneesa was around. She would have lit Camilla up for her racist tirade. I'm sorry Leroy but your wrong she is totally racist. You don't say things like that without have some type of racist beliefs/feelings. She sure was crying in her TH and with Tony but she had no feelings when apologizing to Leroy. She just seemed so over it. And what was with her packing a suit case and then coming back the next day wearing the same clothes. Did they even take her stuff to the hotel. 

I must say I do agree with Nelson and Hunter about some of the guys being attached to Johnny's banana. Because any other challenge Johnny wouldn't give a damn about these fools. I feel like the Johnny/CT/Derek thing is just because they have been together for so long. 

Are Nicole's eyebrows real or are the drawn on. Its like this is the first time I actually looked at her. Because damn those are some intense brows.

The preview from last week gave away how one of the returning redemption house people is. But seeing what some of the challenges are I'm not at all surprised. 

I don't know how I feel about the show spending over half the episode on a racism is bad PSA. Most people already know this and the people that don't (Camilla) aren't going to change. How many episodes are left. They seem to be stretching this one out.

• Love 8

Here is the sad, sad shit:

Leroy just tweeted that even after Camilla just posted an apology on her social media, she still hasn't come to Leroy and apologized.

They never shown Camila going to Nelson's room and continuing the racist rant towards Nelson while he bit his tongue ( from Veronica's twitter)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, notcreative enough said:

Right. Sign me up for the redemption house. 

Oh Camilla what a horrible person you are. This the only time a wish Aneesa was around. She would have lit Camilla up for her racist tirade. I'm sorry Leroy but your wrong she is totally racist. You don't say things like that without have some type of racist beliefs/feelings. 

My thoughts exactly.  You should not be able to get a pass from saying awful crap just because you are drunk.  In fact, being drunk allows a person to let their guard down and often voice opinions that they would not normally say when they were sober.

Also, I like Cara but she should not have been the one doing the talking head about Tony.  Granted what Tony did is worst because he has a kid with his girlfriend.  That being said Cara did the exact same thing minus the kid and therefore should not get to be the morality judge in that confessional.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

We learned nothing new. Camila is still a trainwreck of a human being that is visible from orbit. She's probably not racist, but she should have been removed from the game for her "safety," like Racist Jenna was.

No, that straight up counts as being racist. We need to stop making excuses for people who say racist shit and say they "probably" aren't racist or "maybe" they're not racist. Those thoughts have to come from somewhere. Drunk or not drunk, bringing someone's race into a irrelevant argument is not something most people do. If that's where someone digs for insults, to make people hurt, they are clearly absolutely racist. No excuses for it.

Ooh, also, continuing my theme of this season for every episode: "STFU, Camila".

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
punctuation; this vs. these
  • Love 24

Nicole is probably right that Camilla is unhappy.

But if she's got such a great life as she claims, why does she keep coming onto the Challenges?  She knows she got no chance against most of the other women who are stronger than she is.

• Love 5

Camilla is way too old now to be out of control like that with the alcohol still. It's been years and she seems to only be getting worse. I'm beyond sick of her schtick, she's not fun to watch, she has major problems and needs help. If I recall correctly this is not Camilla's first questionable time bringing up race either. No matter how intoxicated and angry I could be I would never even think of race and throwing that in. She's clearly racist inside, in my opinion. Disgusting.

Screw placating her ass, call the police, or maybe a psych ward, she was acting violent on top of it. I would not feel safe with her around, straight up. What was she going to do with the weights she picked up? She definitely should've been removed from the game for going crazy like that and for the things she said. She's the craziest person to be on this show ever, unless I'm forgetting something major. (No, I don't think Abram is crazier.)

I don't want to hear Camilla's bullshit excuses. Crying and "hating yourself" aren't doing anything. I'm glad calm, drama free Leroy called her ass out. She's a coward for not apologizing on her own. She basically like: sorry doesn't cut it so I'm not even going to try? Forgiveness is earned. I agree that she got off way too easy. Leroy may forgive her but I do not.

@notcreative enough I also thought damn, where is Aneesa when you need her?

Hunter definitely can't take any of these guys out when they're "at their best," he should just stop fronting. All of these Are You the One? kids can gtfo. I really tried to give them a chance but they just suck. Nelson has had a few moments and Devin can be amusing but overall I'm good on seeing  them.

@coxtradamus I thought the same thing! 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

No, that straight up counts as being racist. We need to stop making excuses for people who say racist shit and say they "probably" aren't racist or "maybe" they're not racist. Those thoughts have to come from somewhere. Drunk or not drunk, bringing someone's race into a irrelevant argument is not something most people do. If that's where someone digs for insults, to make people hurt, they are clearly absolutely racist. No excuses for it.

While I stand by my opinion, I'm thinking that I'm exhausted to the point of pitying Camila, and there are only so many circles of Reality Hell for her. Also, I might be drawing an equivalency to the Jordan incident that doesn't exist. BTW, do you think he's grateful for Camilinator? I mean, his insult at Jemmye will be covered at the Reunion, but that will take up a few minutes of screen time.

• Love 1

Is it just me, or is Camila revealing herself to be more and more heinous each season?  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, and from what I read elsewhere, she said even worse things that weren’t aired.  She’s been coming back each season more entitled than the last, and treating everyone awfully.  I’m not sure who that bitch thinks she is, but she’s trash.  I’m really disappointed that Cara has aligned herself with such a racist twat waffle – and for the record, I DO think she’s a racist deep down.  Camila has shown herself to be an elitist who thinks she’s better than most people in general, so this just took it to a new level.   She needs to go the way of Evan and Kenny and never be invited back.  She’s a ticking time bomb and a risk to everyone around her. 

I’m glad that everyone in the house made it clear that they’re fed up with her.  And MAJOR props to Leroy.  He’s too good for this show. 

Sorry for my rant…I’ve been sick of Camila for a long time now, but she really struck a nerve last night and I’m aghast.  I’m no longer just “sick” of her like I am of John, I’m personally offended she’s still on the show. 

• Love 18

Everything has been covered regarding Camilla but Johnny is a gigantic asshole for throwing that pillow at her while she was finally leaving. He had to of known that would just make things worst and that all her anger would be directed at Leroy again. That is some bullshit. Leroy is supposed to be his boy too and he drags more drama his way. Didn't even fess up to the pillow throwing.

6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Camilla is way too old now to be out of control like that with the alcohol still. It's been years and she seems to only be getting worse. I'm beyond sick of her schtick, she's not fun to watch, she has major problems and needs help. If I recall correctly this is not Camilla's first questionable time bringing up race either. No matter how intoxicated and angry I could be I would never even think of race and throwing that in. She's clearly racist inside, in my opinion. Disgusting.

Screw placating her ass, call the police, or maybe a psych ward, she was acting violent on top of it. I would not feel safe with her around, straight up. What was she going to do with the weights she picked up? She definitely should've been removed from the game for going crazy like that and for the things she said. She's the craziest person to be on this show ever, unless I'm forgetting something major. (No, I don't think Abram is crazier.)

I don't want to hear Camilla's bullshit excuses. Crying and "hating yourself" aren't doing anything. I'm glad calm, drama free Leroy called her ass out. She's a coward for not apologizing on her own. She basically like: sorry doesn't cut it so I'm not even going to try? Forgiveness is earned. I agree that she got off way too easy. Leroy may forgive her but I do not.

@notcreative enough I also thought damn, where is Aneesa when you need her?

Hunter definitely can't take any of these guys out when they're "at their best," he should just stop fronting. All of these Are You the One? kids can gtfo. I really tried to give them a chance but they just suck. Nelson has had a few moments and Devin can be amusing but overall I'm good on seeing  them.

@coxtradamus I thought the same thing! 

I'll never understand why people have such an issue with the are you the one kids. Because you don't watch that show? Most claim over and over that they don't watch real world anymore either and barely know those newbies. So what's the difference? They don't bring the drama? We've seen several that have. They are coming from outside of the real world road rules world? So are all the fresh meat people and Camilla. And all the siblings. At least they actually come from MTV and do actual challenges on their show.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, mojoween said:

Camila is fucking trash.

13 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

You're being too nice. I hope she's never asked back.

She's a fucking awful person.  What she said was racist as fuck.  But I also sat there dumbfounded at how she spoke to everyone, including the producers/PAs.  When she asked, no screamed, "who's gonna carry my bags?!" as she tossed her stuff down to the floor like a petulant child rubbed me the wrong way.  But then when the PA said that he would get them, she responded, "Yeah.  Fuck you! And suck my dick," as he was grabbing her stuff really pissed me the fuck off.  That PA is better than me, because I would have left all her shit right there.  And I hope they did and that's why she came back in the same clothes the next morning.

12 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

And Leeroy just tweeted that while Camilla has posted online about how sorry she is, she has yet to reach out to him.

Of course she hasn't.  She didn't even have the decency to go speak to Leroy when she came back to the house.  And even when he called her out, which I'm glad he did, she didn't even apologize for the shit she said.  It was this global apology about her drinking.  Yeah, that's shit's a problem, but the bigger issue is her continuing to say/do racist ass shit.  Wasn't she the one who also spearheaded the nutella blackface incident from a few seasons ago?  And again, she tried to say that she didn't know that was wrong because she's Brazillian.  Bullshit.  Brazil has lot's of racial issues which she is well aware of, particularly given her, "that's what these black motherfuckers do all the time" statements that she said multiple times AFTER she was removed from the room.  She's completely full of shit.  

12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Oh, and who lit the match around the exposed gasoline? Johnny. I mean, Tony kinda helped and alcohol played a big part, but fucking Johnny fucking instigates again. And the others let him do shit.

2 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Everything has been covered regarding Camilla but Johnny is a gigantic asshole for throwing that pillow at her while she was finally leaving. He had to of known that would just make things worst and that all her anger would be directed at Leroy again. That is some bullshit. Leroy is supposed to be his boy too and he drags more drama his way. Didn't even fess up to the pillow throwing.

Johnny does what he always fucking does.  He throws rocks and then hides his hands.  And he literally did this with the pillow.  He let Camilla not only assume that it was Leroy, but didn't even try to step-up when Camilla took the pillow and smacked Leroy in the head with it.  He's such a piece of shit. 

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I'll never understand why people have such an issue with the are you the one kids. Because you don't watch that show? Most claim over and over that they don't watch real world anymore either and barely know those newbies. So what's the difference? They don't bring the drama? We've seen several that have. They are coming from outside of the real world road rules world? So are all the fresh meat people and Camilla. And all the siblings. At least they actually come from MTV and do actual challenges on their show.

Camila is an asshole. Wasn't she saying last challenge what a little cry baby or some shit that Amanda was being because they were playing around and they played the prank on her or whoever the hell it was. And she just kept on and on about them being the newbies and can't take a joke and on and on and on. But as soon as this bitch Camila gets a fucking pillow thrown at her she takes it like someone beat her ass up. Then she walks in on a conversation and starts going off on who her is. Take about a million seats Camila. I know she was drunk, but bitch you're too old to be acting like a giant asshole. Grow the fuck up, quit drinking so much that you get that fucking drunk and quit making out with people. Have some fucking respect. I know this bitch has anger problems and she should know better to not be drinking. But no this however old bitch just keeps drinking and acting like a fucking twat. I've always disliked her but my dislike of her has now surpassed Johnny's because I'm actually liking him this season. HELL HAS OFFICIALLY FROZEN OVER!!!!!!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice how there were no tears when she was on the couch and that was the morning or afternoon after the shit went down and she looked like she couldn't give a shit.

What did Veronica say that she said to Nelson?

• Love 2

Fuck Camilla and the racist ass horse she rode in on.  Trash.  Was it Maya Angelou who said, "when people show you who they are, believe them"?  Because Camilla showed exactly who she is: a racist little shithead.  Fuck her.  And we best not see her again.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Camila is an asshole. Wasn't she saying last challenge what a little cry baby or some shit that Amanda was being because they were playing around and they played the prank on her or whoever the hell it was. And she just kept on and on about them being the newbies and can't take a joke and on and on and on. But as soon as this bitch Camila gets a fucking pillow thrown at her she takes it like someone beat her ass up. Then she walks in on a conversation and starts going off on who her is. Take about a million seats Camila. I know she was drunk, but bitch you're too old to be acting like a giant asshole. Grow the fuck up, quit drinking so much that you get that fucking drunk and quit making out with people. Have some fucking respect. I know this bitch has anger problems and she should know better to not be drinking. But no this however old bitch just keeps drinking and acting like a fucking twat. I've always disliked her but my dislike of her has now surpassed Johnny's because I'm actually liking him this season. HELL HAS OFFICIALLY FROZEN OVER!!!!!!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice how there were no tears when she was on the couch and that was the morning or afternoon after the shit went down and she looked like she couldn't give a shit.

What did Veronica say that she said to Nelson?

Screenshots from Veronica's twitter about what wasn't shown on camera.

IMG_4265.PNG

IMG_4266.PNG

IMG_4267.PNG

IMG_4268.PNG

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Leroy knew Johnny was going to throw the pillow. Johnny had attempted to intervene but Leroy called them off and refused to let anyone try to defend him to him. When Johnny indicated that he wanted to throw a pillow at her, Leroy and everyone else was fine with it. Everyone in that room was shook and pissed, so she's lucky the only thing thrown her way was a pillow. And she knew it was Johnny who threw it. He wasn't hiding anything nor did he just do nothing in Leroy's defense. In fact, almost everyone in that room attempted to intervene at one point and Leroy called everyone off because he wanted to deal with Camila directly. Johnny is an admitted pot-stirrer, but he and Leroy are truly close friends outside of this show and in this situation, he really was acting out of anger and disgust, and Leroy knew he was doing it. It may not have been the best thing to do but honestly, she was so far gone at that point it didn't matter. They didn't show any of that.

What they also didn't show was the uglier comments and names Camilla threw at Leroy, including the N-word. She is so lucky that they chose not to air that and castmembers are really pissed off it did not make the final edit, which is why many took to social media

I don't know where you are getting several if your points from. Maybe it's online. But, bottom line is no matter who okayed what, he knew that throwing that pillow wss going to make things worse. When she came back in, her anger was going to be deflected to Leroy. It doesn't matter what she knew or didn't know and him not stepping up at that point Leroy was going to get more bullshit. It's stupid no matter how he would like to swing it. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

They're all way too extra and exist to only bring drama. Most of them suck at the challenges and are attention whores. It's a different type of casting. Some of the modern RW cast also falls into that category (hi, Tony) but it's like ALL of the AYTO kids do.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

They're all way too extra and exist to only bring drama. Most of them suck at the challenges and are attention whores. It's a different type of casting. Some of the modern RW cast also falls into that category (hi, Tony) but it's like ALL of the AYTO kids do.

This. The AYTO kids seem to have an entitled personality already and it's like "who even are you?" And yes I haven't watched the RW in forever but all the newbies from the new seasons of RW come in with this attitude too and it's just as annoying and I feel like I comment on that as much as I do with the AYTO kids. 

And while I don't think it's fair that past competitors use this as an excuse to keep throwing in the same people, I get why they do. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, coxtradamus said:

I really wanted Nelson to say "It's because I'm black, isn't it?" when Camilla chose him for the elimination.

I said to my TV "you're seriously going to let a black man's name come out of your mouth right now??"  

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

She's a fucking awful person.  What she said was racist as fuck.  But I also sat there dumbfounded at how she spoke to everyone, including the producers/PAs.  When she asked, no screamed, "who's gonna carry my bags?!" as she tossed her stuff down to the floor like a petulant child rubbed me the wrong way.  But then when the PA said that he would get them, she responded, "Yeah.  Fuck you! And suck my dick," as he was grabbing her stuff really pissed me the fuck off.  That PA is better than me, because I would have left all her shit right there.  And I hope they did and that's why she came back in the same clothes the next morning.

Of course she hasn't.  She didn't even have the decency to go speak to Leroy when she came back to the house.  And even when he called her out, which I'm glad he did, she didn't even apologize for the shit she said.  It was this global apology about her drinking.  Yeah, that's shit's a problem, but the bigger issue is her continuing to say/do racist ass shit.  Wasn't she the one who also spearheaded the nutella blackface incident from a few seasons ago?  And again, she tried to say that she didn't know that was wrong because she's Brazillian.  Bullshit.  Brazil has lot's of racial issues which she is well aware of, particularly given her, "that's what these black motherfuckers do all the time" statements that she said multiple times AFTER she was removed from the room.  She's completely full of shit.  

Johnny does what he always fucking does.  He throws rocks and then hides his hands.  And he literally did this with the pillow.  He let Camilla not only assume that it was Leroy, but didn't even try to step-up when Camilla took the pillow and smacked Leroy in the head with it.  He's such a piece of shit. 

I was thinking the same thing when she came back in the same clothes - the PA probably said "fuck that noise" and left her bags right where they were.  After watching her go off on a racist tirade and then having her pull that lady of the manor verbally abusing the peasants shit on me, I would have absolutely left her shit there until the end of time.  (OK, maybe I would have happily schlepped it to the van if it was taking her to the airport because she was being booted.  But I wouldn't have been gentle, and I would have prayed that shit was broken when she got home.) 

And I think it would have been awesome if, after John threw that pillow and then Camila went and hit Leroy with it, they would have both been booted.  Yeah, a pillow is hardly a blunt object, but the throwing and hitting was done in the heat of a confrontation, so fuck the two of them and send them home.  Maybe John would learn a lesson about stirring people up for his own amusement.  I know the producers probably love that he's a shit stirrer, but there are certain times you don't stir the shit, and this should have been one of them.  

Leroy was freaking amazing.  I'm beyond impressed that he kept his cool the entire time.  Nothing but respect for him there.  And it depressed me that he just talked about it like it was just another day in this world for him.  There is no reason he should ever have to put up with that hateful shit.  He was a better person than me both in his in the moment reaction and the way he handled it the next day.  I do wonder, though, if he's since rethought his saying that he doesn't think she's racist.  The fact that she still hasn't had it in her to approach him and apologize to him, and that her only tears when talking about it were in her taped confessional, when she was trying to win over viewers, should tip him off that she firmly believes the shit she said to him.  Add in that her comments were not solely addressed to him, and included a racist rant at Nelson and the generalized "that's what these black motherfuckers do all the time" statement, and it's pretty clear what she is.  Some of her friends are putting forward the "what she said was inexcusable, but anyone who knows her can tell you she's not racist" line.  They must have a pretty strict definition of "racist."  She may not be putting on a white robe or buying out tiki torches at Walmart and marching, but she's a racist.  What she did on last night's episode was the definition of racism.  I sincerely hope the show doesn't invite her back any more, and I hope that she gets the psychological help she so obviously needs.  (And AA wouldn't hurt, either.) 

• Love 9

I'm back on the Nelson train.  I know he's done douchey things but got damn he is so fine.  And in one of the interviews he gave he was so sad I wanted to give him a hug.  Take 'em all out Nelson!

Well not CT.  Or LeRoy.  But the rest, bye.  Even you, Derrick.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Leroy was freaking amazing.  I'm beyond impressed that he kept his cool the entire time.  Nothing but respect for him there.  And it depressed me that he just talked about it like it was just another day in this world for him.  There is no reason he should ever have to put up with that hateful shit.  He was a better person than me both in his in the moment reaction and the way he handled it the next day.  I do wonder, though, if he's since rethought his saying that he doesn't think she's racist.  The fact that she still hasn't had it in her to approach him and apologize to him, and that her only tears when talking about it were in her taped confessional, when she was trying to win over viewers, should tip him off that she firmly believes the shit she said to him.  Add in that her comments were not solely addressed to him, and included a racist rant at Nelson and the generalized "that's what these black motherfuckers do all the time" statement, and it's pretty clear what she is.  Some of her friends are putting forward the "what she said was inexcusable, but anyone who knows her can tell you she's not racist" line.  They must have a pretty strict definition of "racist."  She may not be putting on a white robe or buying out tiki torches at Walmart and marching, but she's a racist.  What she did on last night's episode was the definition of racism.  I sincerely hope the show doesn't invite her back any more, and I hope that she gets the psychological help she so obviously needs.  (And AA wouldn't hurt, either.) 

I can't speak for Leroy, but in general, I think that's a rationalization people who have been victimized by racism sometimes say (speaking from experience). It's kind of like that instinct to when someone says "are you okay?" when you're hurt, and you're like, "no yeah, I'm fine" even though you're bleeding. Or you say that because you don't want other people who witnessed it to be uncomfortable. You don't want to bring more attention to yourself. You don't want to believe that that person actually means what they're saying. Personally when racist things have happened to me, I want to run away and hide in a corner and cry, but when you're surrounded by a bunch of people, even "allies", the experience makes you feel totally vulnerable and isolated and you try to minimize the whole incident, for the sake of appeasing the uncomfortable and awkward vibe. You try to minimize it as a defense mechanism because it hurts to deal with it, yet again. 

Plus, like Leroy said, you do get used to racist fuckheads like Camila in life. Racists show their true colors especially when the hideous things that come out of their mouth are absolutely not even related to an incident that involves the color of someone's skin. I got yelled at by a lady that I wasn't American because I was middle eastern simply because I incorrectly, by accident, sat in her seat at a baseball game. Another lady told me I "don't belong here" because she was yelling on public transit near a kid and I asked if she could quiet down because it was scaring him. Another time some dude told me to "go back to where (I) came from" because I got to a parking spot before he did. Good times!!

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Rebecca said:

It all just seems kind of like whatever to me. All problems and issues with those kids can be dished out all over the place.  I don't think about them at all really. They are just more players to me. Some I like, some I don't. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 4

I still think "Camilathon" could be a thing. Imagine a slow-motion montage of "highlights" set to "In The Arms Of An Angel." In other news, I might be a bad person for coming up with that. She's still a bitch, though. She's broke like Tonya was, and that is a feat no person should achieve.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I still think "Camilathon" could be a thing. Imagine a slow-motion montage of "highlights" set to "In The Arms Of An Angel." In other news, I might be a bad person for coming up with that. She's still a bitch, though. She's broke like Tonya was, and that is a feat no person should achieve.

I think there's a difference between being "broken" and being an asshole…Camilla falls in the latter category.

Right there with you, @MVFrostsMyPie.  Racists eventually out themselves and Leroy is right…typical day for many of us POCs.  And sometimes you feel the most alone while surrounded by people who claim they understand and/or are on your side.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I think there's a difference between being "broken" and being an asshole…Camilla falls in the latter category.

She could be both. I apologize for the imagery . . . it got stuck in my head last night, and I need to get it out, because I am that damn weird.

Yeah I'm also curious as another poster was why Cara was so adamant to not say anything about what Camilla did and how it was terrible? I'm really souring on cara this season. At least Jemyee was like "what Camillia said was awful and I don't think we can have a friendship after this". Cara was just trying to do both sides which she also tried to pull when she spilled the beans about what happened with tony and camellia. 

• Love 3

From what Cara Maria has said on social media, it sounds like she did have more than one conversation with Camila over the course of those two days, and she's really annoyed that MTV didn't show any of them, because she's getting a lot of "how come you didn't speak up to your friend when she was being racist" kind of blowback from people.  

• Love 2

So based on social media, Camilla actually said more racist things, including using the N-word, than MTV actually showed?

Why would MTV suppress that?

If they aired it, Camilla would have no choice but to withdraw, at least on future Challenges, if not go home immediately from this one.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

She did say it, and no she was not sent home. I posted more about it in the spoiler thread.  It's something the rest of the cast is pressed over and I'm curious to see what BMP and MTV decide to do about it.

I'm wondering if MTV/Production kinda screwed themselves over when they didn't send Jordan home after his vile comment earlier (or maybe they were just hoping that he would have been eliminated).  If they had sent Camilla home and not Jordan, it would have looked like they have two sets of standards and that making an insensitive disability remark is not as bad as making an insensitive racist remark.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scrb said:

So based on social media, Camilla actually said more racist things, including using the N-word, than MTV actually showed?

Why would MTV suppress that?

Because Camilla is one of their favorites, and always brings the drama.  They were protecting her.

39 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

She did say it and no she was not sent home. (I posted more about the repercussions in the spoiler thread.) It's something the rest of the cast was pressed over and now the majority of viewers are as well. I'm curious to see what BMP and MTV decide to do about it.

I think we saw what MTV decided to do about it - Teej's quick "racism is bad...got it?  Great, moving on..." PSA./sarcasm.

• Love 5

Setting aside the scenes with Camila/Leroy, which you all have covered quite well, the scenes of her alone, humping the tree/post/whatever it was were just so...sad.  So "wow, how far gone can this person get?" sad.  She did press Britni into butt-bongo service briefly, but mostly, when she wasn't Camilinating with people or chairs or luggage or weights (!), she was just hanging out by that tree by herself being weird and gross, and they showed so much of it.  I wondered if even the camerafolk/editors were trying to piece together a story of just how far gone she was and how much help she needs to parallel the Leroy interaction.   It was just so strange.

Hunter seems like he probably outweighs Nelson with the muscle bulk, so go Nelson with the win.   

Hope Marie has fun with the two new losers since she's not getting any camaraderie with the weird Aneesa/Cory dyad.  

• Love 2

I don't like Jemmeye (sp?) but I did like everything she had to say this episode.

This ep made me cry. I felt so bad for Leroy. I watch with a friend (who is white), and he was like, "Why is Leroy so calm about this?" I told him that he has to deal with this shit all the time, so he's learned to pull himself together when being confronted with white women in particular. Less than a minute later, Leroy said pretty much that exact thing.  I've never disliked Camila like many on this board have, but I do now, and the fact that the show-runners are protecting her by omitting things that she said is fucking disgusting. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Zima said:

I don't like Jemmeye (sp?) but I did like everything she had to say this episode.

This ep made me cry. I felt so bad for Leroy. I watch with a friend (who is white), and he was like, "Why is Leroy so calm about this?" I told him that he has to deal with this shit all the time, so he's learned to pull himself together when being confronted with white women in particular. Less than a minute later, Leroy said pretty much that exact thing.  I've never disliked Camila like many on this board have, but I do now, and the fact that the show-runners are protecting her by omitting things that she said is fucking disgusting. 

I agree with everything in this post - BUT...maybe I'm being a pessimist, but in my opinion MTV LOVES THIS SHIT.  They have since the first Real World episode.  They won't "protect Camilla" because she's good for ratings, they will prolong this coming out because she's good for ratings.  

• Love 3