Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Phantom of C.U.

• Start Topic

What does it say about me that I was able to identify Grayson McCouch from the image at the top of the page, even though I've never actually seen anything Grayson McCouch has been in? No, don't tell me, I know what it means: I'm a sad, thirsty gay.

Also, if you were to put photos of Brian Austin Green and Grayson McCouch next to each other, it would look like the before and after shots for an ad for shovel-face corrective surgery.

• Love 2

Re: wondering why Brandon was being such a dick to Tom upon their very first meeting-- I have a coworker that is just like that. It's as if she thinks everyone has some sort of ulterior motive for every single they do (even if it's just saying,"hello.") or that they're out to get her. It's so odd, but that's exactly what Brandon reminded me of in that clip in the podcast.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kfree9 said:

Re: wondering why Brandon was being such a dick to Tom upon their very first meeting-- I have a coworker that is just like that. It's as if she thinks everyone has some sort of ulterior motive for every single they do (even if it's just saying,"hello.") or that they're out to get her. It's so odd, but that's exactly what Brandon reminded me of in that clip in the podcast.

Kelly is like that too... or as Brandon says "is hard on people" (ie, she's a bitch). 

• Love 2

So, this is a sentence I never thought I would write (my English teachers should know how I'm using what they taught me): I'm looking forward to the hostage situation. 

Donna's weather girl stuff is so awful that killing everyone at the tv station seems to be a fair response. 

• Love 4

Before I erase him from memory forever...where the hell is Mark supposed to have gone?  He ditched school the last semester of senior year, his job at the TV station, the family house he was letting David live, etc....why?

• Love 1

I hate this Weather Girl Donna Get Stalked arc so much.

I know it isn't the same, but I feel like we've seen it all before when the campus rapist was stalking Donna. 

Before I erase him from memory forever...where the hell is Mark supposed to have gone?  

He went to go work with Susan on "Campaign '96," even though it's well into 1997 by this point. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I know it isn't the same, but I feel like we've seen it all before when the campus rapist was stalking Donna. 

Spoiler alert: hilariously enough, the campus rapist actually shows up during this storyline to warn Donna about the real stalker. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Before I erase him from memory forever...where the hell is Mark supposed to have gone?  He ditched school the last semester of senior year, his job at the TV station, the family house he was letting David live, etc....why?

Give to house to David or he sings all the time. That's my theory. 

• Love 1

I overlook a lot of stupid stuff on these later seasons of 90210, but the story about Mark, I can't. WHO LEAVES COLLEGE 2ND SEMESTER OF THEIR SENIOR YEAR?! No one, that's who! You could have just never mentioned him again, that would have sufficed. Or say that he quit the TV station.

And how exactly is Tom supposed to afford rent at a place in the Hollywood Hills?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, MerBearStare said:

I overlook a lot of stupid stuff on these later seasons of 90210, but the story about Mark, I can't. WHO LEAVES COLLEGE 2ND SEMESTER OF THEIR SENIOR YEAR?! No one, that's who! You could have just never mentioned him again, that would have sufficed. Or say that he quit the TV station.

And how exactly is Tom supposed to afford rent at a place in the Hollywood Hills?

Actually, I know somebody who did.  And, yes, I thought it was the craziest decision, and still do.  Although, now that I think of it, it may have been halfway through first semester senior year, but still.

Oh, Dave, I AM a total jerk for that Dave Word, but it was the best $20 I have ever spent. I have a scary surgery tomorrow and being able to laugh that hard (again, sorry) has really helped take some of that fear away. You are doing the lord's work, sir. I REALLY appreciate it. Thank you so much!

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, TorrinPaige said:

You are doing the lord's work, sir. I REALLY appreciate it. Thank you so much!

I was thinking ahead about Noah, DoorMatt and the removal of all Walsh's... seriously, that is the Lord's work.  Is it weird that I'm looking forward to the German jeweler scene, Parker Lewis scam, and later on, the non-wedding?  I need a life, I know.

I am so glad Tara played the whole weather report clip.  I said this months ago in another episode thread that her "stuff" in those 4 minutes are the most annoying she has ever been on this show. Just the way she says "a suede jacket perhaps..." makes my blood boil.

• Love 3

My cousin borrowed money for college from our aunt (not his mom), and dropped out three credit hours short of a degree. And, I guess now credits start dropping off after 7 years, so he can't just take a 3 hour sociology class sometime and have a BA. She even said she'd waive his debt if he'd just finish his degree, but he opted to not repay her or get his degree. He's dating an ambitious woman who gets them both jobs where they travel a lot, but many people in the family feel strongly about all this. Cousin also borrowed and did not return aunt's boogie board (they live in CA), and don't we hear about that on the way home from events when someone else is driving and she's drunk.

Carry on...

• Love 2

What does it say about me that I was able to identify Grayson McCouch from the image at the top of the page, even though I've never actually seen anything Grayson McCouch has been in? No, don't tell me, I know what it means: I'm a sad, thirsty gay.

Also, if you were to put photos of Brian Austin Green and Grayson McCouch next to each other, it would look like the before and after shots for an ad for shovel-face corrective surgery.

SAME. I saw that picture and thought, 'pretty sure he's on As The World Turns'. I was right, despite the fact I've never watched an episode of that show ever.

• Love 1

Yes Jennie Garth was indeed pregnant at this point the episode aired. Since it aired in January, I would assume they probably taped the episode Nov/Dec....depending on when they went on hiatus. Luca Bella was born 6/27 so that would put her conception around mid September/ early October. 

9 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

Didn't we hear in the Saint Donna Saves A Deer episode that it's a family house, like his dad's or something?

ETA...oops, thought you were talking about Mark.  I've started deleting him from my memory so I got confus...wait, what's a Mark?

Edited by TeeVee329
9 hours ago, TorrinPaige said:

Oh, Dave, I AM a total jerk for that Dave Word, but it was the best $20 I have ever spent. I have a scary surgery tomorrow and being able to laugh that hard (again, sorry) has really helped take some of that fear away. You are doing the lord's work, sir. I REALLY appreciate it. Thank you so much!

That was truly a thing of beauty. Thanks Torrin and Dave!

8 hours ago, allicatexp said:

I am so glad Tara played the whole weather report clip.  I said this months ago in another episode thread that her "stuff" in those 4 minutes are the most annoying she has ever been on this show. Just the way she says "a suede jacket perhaps..." makes my blood boil.

So much stupidity packed into a couple minutes. As it gets warm later in the day, you should be wearing... a sweater?!? As in a full-sleeve cardigan? So dumb. 

I'm thinking that this should ALWAYS be the Dave Word. (what was it supposed to be? specificity?) No need to look for others!! I was crying from laughing so hard! #sorrynotsorryDave

17 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Why is the Phantom wearing a hood (the colored collar around his robe)? Isn't he supposed to be an undergrad?  I don't know why I expect stuff on this show to make sense.....

I got a hood at my BA convocation, but that was Canada, so idk how it works.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:36 AM, MerBearStare said:

They did that with all the guest people who always moved away after their storyline was up and they do that on every show . Never understood why the person can't stay in the same school and just not be mentioned or part of their clique anymore . I know the gang can make people want to move far away cuz they are that self righteous and mean  , but can't at least some of them just not move away to make it a wee more realistic ?

They did this with Susan, didn't they? She drops out of what is supposed to be UCLA to join the election team and I guess she just doesn't finish her degree? Or basically she goes to University of Sunnydale.

22 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

They did this with Susan, didn't they? She drops out of what is supposed to be UCLA to join the election team and I guess she just doesn't finish her degree? Or basically she goes to University of Sunnydale.

At least that happened at the end of a school year, though.

• Love 1
On 8/29/2017 at 6:23 AM, SoupThrower said:

Give to house to David or he sings all the time. That's my theory. 

David's just constantly remixing Precious in there, I'd fucking abandon ship too. I can picture the guy with pillows over his ears thinking I'm going to give this fucking idiot a miggity mic check if he doesn't know it off...

• Love 4

I have a question about how TV works.  I know they don't shoot a movie in order- do they shoot a TV show in order?  I swear Jennie had a baby bump but then we see the belly shirt.  I am completely ignorant on this subject- could someone please let me know.  Thanks!!

1 hour ago, penguinnj said:

I have a question about how TV works.  I know they don't shoot a movie in order- do they shoot a TV show in order?  I swear Jennie had a baby bump but then we see the belly shirt.  I am completely ignorant on this subject- could someone please let me know.  Thanks!!

they usually shoot episodes in order (the individual scenes within an episode no), but sometimes they shoot out of order for production reasons  Such as the availability of a guest actor, the availability of a location for a shoot, a regular needs time off for whatever reason.  And sometimes after a wrap and they've moved on to new episodes, they will need to go back and reshoot a scene for some reason. This probably doesn't happen that often due to cost, but, it happens once in a while.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

they usually shoot episodes in order (the individual scenes within an episode no), but sometimes they shoot out of order for production reasons  Such as the availability of a guest actor, the availability of a location for a shoot, a regular needs time off for whatever reason.  And sometimes after a wrap and they've moved on to new episodes, they will need to go back and reshoot a scene for some reason. This probably doesn't happen that often due to cost, but, it happens once in a while.

thank you so much!  This is something I've wondered about.

On 8/29/2017 at 3:51 AM, txhorns79 said:

it isn't the same, but I feel like we've seen it all before when the campus rapist was stalking Donna. 

Any psychologists or therapists on here who could opine on why Tori Spelling seemed to push for these stories (and you know she did) not just on this crappy show, but also during her 90s era movie-of-the-week prime (see "Mother, May I Sleep With Danger" (crazy boyfriend stalker) or "Death of a Cheerleader" (crazy wannabe friend stalker). There's a story there.

And did I miss something? No comment about when Donna was doing "ALL the ACTING" (TM Sarah D. Bunting) and sliding down the wall that her bare ass was hanging out since her dress was riding up? Or put her in pants. Couldn't they have reshot that scene? I mean, it wasn't like Donna was really crying anyway...c'mon, Show!

On 8/31/2017 at 3:54 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

They did that with all the guest people who always moved away after their storyline was up and they do that on every show . Never understood why the person can't stay in the same school and just not be mentioned or part of their clique anymore . I know the gang can make people want to move far away cuz they are that self righteous and mean  , but can't at least some of them just not move away to make it a wee more realistic ?

This. And also, why would someone as ambitious  and arrogant as Mark was supposed to be up and leave his gig at the Campus TV station? Because DIck-Too-Big Brandon (LOL) who got "his" Dryer is friends with Kelly? If he was such an arrogant future tycoon would he just up in leave everything he worked for, "been groomed" for, etc. because he would have to have some awkward interactions? sorry, don't buy it. If anything, I feel he'd be a pissy bitch and try to undermine Brandon with all his well-connected buddies. Or at least give him a scene bragging about how he was going to get his degree via independent study while skiing in Switzerland or something. I just don't see the Mark we came to know slinking away because he couldn't "seal the deal" with catbutt mouth.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Klaw said:

Any psychologists or therapists on here who could opine on why Tori Spelling seemed to push for these stories (and you know she did) not just on this crappy show, but also during her 90s era movie-of-the-week prime (see "Mother, May I Sleep With Danger" (crazy boyfriend stalker) or "Death of a Cheerleader" (crazy wannabe friend stalker). There's a story there.

Only an armchair shrink here. Nick Savalas had been emotionally abusive telling her she was ugly, so she might have been working that out on screen being the stalkably irresistible queen bee/hot virgin. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2192550/Tori-Spelling-boyfriend-shattered-self-confidence--calling-ugly-10-times-day.html

• Love 2
On 9/3/2017 at 11:26 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

Only an armchair shrink here. Nick Savalas had been emotionally abusive telling her she was ugly, so she might have been working that out on screen being the stalkably irresistible queen bee/hot virgin. 

From one armchair shrink to another, ITA. It's sad, really, in two ways - one, that she felt these stories made her more desirable (newsflash: stalkers and rapists abuse unattractive women too, Tori) and two, that these stories gave us such painful Tori Spelling "acting"....

• Love 2