Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Beyond the Wall

• Start Topic

That was seriously intense.  Of course the dragon Daenerys named after her abusive, dickwad brother was the first to go.  Poor thing, tho.  Now the NK has an ice-fucking-dragon.  What a horribly stupid plan with disastrous results.  I did really, really love Jon and Daenerys at the end.  His refusal to let go of her hand was adorable.

Wtf are they doing to Arya?  Why did she hand that dagger to Sansa at the end, is she expecting her to cut off her face?  I don't get this Winterfell story AT ALL.  Seems completely out of place in the midst of the real dangers beyond the Wall.  I'm hoping it's a fakeout, intended to draw in LF to his demise.  If not, Arya looks like a complete psycho. 

• Love 12

Maybe it's me, but when the Night King resurrected the dragon, I was like "oh come on, give me a break, thus dude can ressurrect anything that's dead?"  I'd laugh if the dragon turns on him though.

The plan was silk but it was the only way for Dany to see just what a threat the White Walkers really are.  I'd like to see Cersei fight the Night King though.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe it's me, but when the Night King resurrected the dragon, I was like "oh come on, give me a break, thus dude can ressurrect anything that's dead?"  I'd laugh if the dragon turns on him though.

Lmao me too hahaha : D

• Love 1

I am glad we only lost one of the Magnificent Seven.  And surprised. but with the loss of Viserion....

Jon Snow is drama queen.  There was enough drama in the episode - "Get on the f***ing dragon."  He continues to know nothing.

• Love 5

So how do those fire-swords work? At first I was thinking maybe there was some kind of tar or something in the fullers (those long indentations that a lot of people mistakenly call blood grooves,) but when we saw one extinguished only part of the blade was stuck into the snow. And there was kind of a clicking sound, too, not just to activate the spark but also to shut it off. So they contain some sort of gas, I take it. Who's in charge of refilling them, Hank Hill?

• Love 5

well, i think they had set us up all season for a dragon death....believe it or not, i feel better about it happening by the NK instead of ceresei and qyborn! and i'm anxious to see what viserion as an ice dragon will look like....so....is anyone out yet? I remember people on this forum saying they were done with this show if a dragon dies-or does this not count :)

as for jon/dany....well....i remember that witch saying when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east line....so...i'm still not quite on board with it unless i guess the lord of light intervenes ;)

i agree with the others that say ceresei won't bat an eye to the wight....jamie i think will take it more seriously but not her.....but it looks like grey worm comes back finally!

and yeah, arya has gotten strange but remember, she and sansa were never best buds....

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, phoenix780 said:

I was spoiled too thanks to a stupid youtube video title in my recommended videos, and I think it ruined it for me. It's not leaving me with a feeling at all, unlike a couple weeks back, partly because I was waiting for it. So the whole dragons sweeping in thing fell flat, even with what happened. 

It was the same for me. I knew ahead of time what was going to happen, so while it was a great episode visually, I wasn't particularly moved. Jon and Dany? Blech, gag me.

Also not sure how Gendry Forrest Gump'd it back to the Wall when he had no idea where the hell he was or how to get there, but minor details, I know.

Unpopular opinion: I'd rather see Arya die than Littlefinger. LF is a snake but at least it's fun to watch him scheme. Arya has just become a straight up bitch. If this conflict with Sansa is just a play on LF, it's the worst plot line ever. If you want him dead, just kill him and be done with it. There's no need for subterfuge.

What did the eyes blinking on Jon's sword mean? Did he die and get resurrected again?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

Dwagon :(

So, this is number what in the times a woman had to save Jon's bacon? 

Seriously, when you think about it, this is probably one of the most feminist shows on TV right now.  Yeah, women are beaten and raped quite a bit, but they don't break.  They remain strong, they get back (ie kill) their attackers, are smarter than the men (except for Littlefinger who will probably be revealed to be gay or a secret woman), and look good doing it.

Anyway, how awesome was Daenerys' Elsa Outfit?  Cheers to the costuming department.  But are she and Jon gonna do it?  Or is he going to give up being King of the North and become her bodyguard.

I'm amazed Daenerys hasn't fed Tyrion to one of her children yet.

I think Sansa is starting to realize her destiny to be the Queen of the North, which is what Littlefinger wants, for whatever reason.  I don't think he realizes how good he was in driving a wedge between Arya and Sansa, though.  He didn't know about the faces, did he?

But, now we got a Zombie Dragon on our hands who no doubt breathes ice.  I have a feeling I know what the season finale is going to feature.

• Love 4

Did you see Longclaw's eyes pop open when Jon came out of the lake?

What an episode!

I don't even like dragons, but I was gutted when Vysirus got speared. Oh lord, now he's a zombie dragon. I wonder if he'll breathe fire or ice.

Really don't need the stupid drama between Sansa and Arya unless there's a fantastic pay-off.  Just kill Littlefinger already!

Edited by dramachick
  • Love 5

Oh, god, no. I did not see the sword's eyes open. Is that a real thing that happened? Please don't let it be like when Tommy on The Power Rangers had that stupid talking tiger-head sword. Unless it's voiced by Gilbert Gottfried. Or maybe Lewis Black.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lvbalgurl said:

That was seriously intense.  Of course the dragon Daenerys named after her abusive, dickwad brother was the first to go.  Poor thing, tho.  Now the NK has an ice-fucking-dragon.  What a horribly stupid plan with disastrous results.  I did really, really love Jon and Daenerys at the end.  His refusal to let go of her hand was adorable.

Wtf are they doing to Arya?  Why did she hand that dagger to Sansa at the end, is she expecting her to cut off her face?  I don't get this Winterfell story AT ALL.  Seems completely out of place in the midst of the real dangers beyond the Wall.  I'm hoping it's a fakeout, intended to draw in LF to his demise.  If not, Arya looks like a complete psycho. 

It's strange actually that despite being named after Viserys, Viserion was probably her sweetest/calmest dragon. Making this episode that much sadder.

• Love 8

I cheated and watched it last Weds., but it was still so great to watch on a big screen.

Tormund had me laughing out loud a couple of times.  Poor Gendry did not know what the hell to make of the big Ginger.

Dany and Jon have chemistry.   I'm having a lot of difficulty picturing her in Winterfell though.  Arya and Sansa's reaction to her is going to be pretty interesting.

• Love 2

I wonder if dany's 2 remaining dragons can mate and lay some dragon eggs? then she can build up a huge dragon army and "replace" the one she lost.

However i rather see them un-turn that dragon back to normal and see dany's dragon family whole again. would be the best thing to happen for that poor dragon.

So so sad to see a majestic creature like that go down after being hit from that ice spear.  : (

• Love 8

I've been assuming that Drogon is the male and the others are/were females. Three is still a pretty crappy gene pool to start out with, but two is even worse.

And... shit. I just realized. Ghost is probably a zombie now, isn't he?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1

I don't like the story line, but tonight Sansa showed how committed she is to her family.  She sent Brienne away to protect Arya as soon as Littlefinger brought up the possibility of Brienne being a mediator between the sisters.

Edited by dramachick
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, STRIDER1 said:

However i rather see them un-turn that dragon back to normal and see dany's dragon family whole again. would be the best thing to happen for that poor dragon.

That has been my dream since I first heard the spoiler about his death but there is the matter of the mortal wound the NK dealt him. I don't think Dany has a way to fix that massive wound in his side. Plus with the new show canon if you kill the NK the wights explode :(

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Popples said:

How the hell could Gendry see that wight-bear's eyes from that far away? I can't believe Thoros went out like that. With so few people on that mission, there wouldn't be too many redshirts to die in place of the fan favorites.

He has super-speed and super eyesight :P

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CletusMusashi said:

So how do those fire-swords work? At first I was thinking maybe there was some kind of tar or something in the fullers (those long indentations that a lot of people mistakenly call blood grooves,) but when we saw one extinguished only part of the blade was stuck into the snow. And there was kind of a clicking sound, too, not just to activate the spark but also to shut it off. So they contain some sort of gas, I take it. Who's in charge of refilling them, Hank Hill?

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Unpopular opinion: I'd rather see Arya die than Littlefinger. LF is a snake but at least it's fun to watch him scheme. Arya has just become a straight up bitch. 

Not unpopular with me! Baelish has always been one of my favorites.

• Love 2

I sure hope that bear wasn't Tormund's ex. That would be an unpleasant way to reunite.

So, Tyrion is pretty much serving Jaime more than Dany now (the Hand of the Kingslayer?), but apparently he still likes Dany more than Jon. Yeah, it's Jon's and Jorah's own dumbass fault for volunteering for this quest but the whole harebrained scheme was Tyrion's dumbass idea. He treated it like some a not at all insane mission and then acted like the crazy scheme's failure was no big deal and they were all expendable, wanting Dany to do nothing even though she could have saved them all some trouble by just going in the first place. He may believe Jon about the Long Night but I don't think he's accepted it as a Westeros-wide problem more important than "breaking the wheel", which makes me think even more that the parley with Cersei is more an excuse to pause the war against his family and maybe get Jaime to change teams.

Edited by Lady S.
  • Love 6

Can't say anything new that hasn't already been said about the trip beyond the wall. I liked it, and the fast travelling is getting kinda ridiculous. Oh well, I am really digging the CGI for the wintery stuff and the dragons. That bear was awesome! I am sure this is not gonna happen, but I would LOVE IT if the ice dragon stays loyal to Dany somehow. Again, I know it's not gonna happen.

I like the Stark sister stuff. Last week I was sure they were both playing Littlefinger. This week, I'm with Richard thinking that Arya is the one really doing the playing. I'm not sure if I'm grasping for straws (because I want her to) or if I really believe it. I think somewhere around 50/50.

Whatever it turns out to be, I think next episode we get our answer to Littlefinger's fate. At least I hope so, because I am as tired of him as I am of The Hand in the Netflix Marvel shows. 

• Love 5

Wow, just watched the Inside the Episode and when talking about how much Dany loves her dragons and why Viserion's death was so hard, all the clips they showed were her and Drogon. Not even one with multiple dragons in the shot. Way to make it clear why Viserion was the most expendable. 

• Love 4

I wonder if dany's 2 remaining dragons can mate and lay some dragon eggs? then she can build up a huge dragon army and "replace" the one she lost.

A real baby is coming for her to replace the "child" she lost. We got gazillion hints tonight.

Tormund is the best. You gotta love a guy who knows what he wants. If only Brienne would come around so they could have big, beautiful ginger and blonde babies.

Too little for her? Yeah, we'll see about that, Dany.

Hee, the Westeros version of lightsabers.

Littlefinger stays being low key evil. He was trying to get Arya killed via Brienne. He thinks he can still control Sansa but he knows Arya is a lost cause.

Uncle Benjen ex machina? Okay then.

Called it two weeks ago. White Flyer.

• Love 7

My favorite superhero power is Bran Stark's ability to see the past, present, and future, without ever being the slightest bit helpful.

Maybe if someone actually consulted him, he could be more helpful. I don't understand it, really. He's one of their best assets and no one bothers to ask him about the future? Or about the past? What was the point of schlepping him around all that time?

• Love 6

I think it's obvious Arya is trying to scare Sansa straight. She wants her to ditch Littlefinger and everything in this episode was part of her plan. And I'm still team Arya. She stated everything I felt about Sansa while watching season 1, which coincidentally is the last time Arya saw her. Arya would never harm Sansa, but she's not against scaring her. And given their history and Arya's journey, it's not surprising. I enjoyed the Winterfell scenes quite a lot.

I think the show runners have it in for Kit, and it's spilling into how they write for Jon. They never started joking about his height until recently.  

Speaking of Jon, he didn't get on Drogon because he was being swarmed by wights. He was protecting the others. He was screaming for them to leave the second time because he saw the Olympic gold medalist in the javelin preparing to kill Drogon.  

So, Dany is turned on by those scars, right? And the show pretty much gave away the ending. It will go one of two ways: Dany gets pregnant by Jon or she is barren and names Jon her heir(or she kneels to him when she learns who his father is). I'm betting on Jonerys making babies together. I fear that way lies death for Jon, though. 

Now, for the weekly attempt to convince myself things make sense... Okay, so I just have to believe that they weren't 'that' far from Eastwatch when Forrest Gendry ran back. And the raven took about a day or two to fly to Dragonstone, and it took less than a day for Dany to fly there. So the gang all cuddled  together by Beric and Thoros' swords until Dany arrived. As for why the Nights King didn't freeze the lake immediately, perhaps he has the gift of sight and was anticipating the dragons coming? He is Bran, after all. 

Edited by ImpinAintEasy
  • Love 6

Im sure this has been mentioned but it would have been great if Dany had taken out the knight kings who were all in one place and in close proximity of each other, see had she listened to Jon in the first place they could have hatched a plan...

• Love 6

Hey, if Jon didn't feel right carrying Jeor's sword, why didn't he ever offer to the actual head of House Mormont, the person who made him king? He knows that gift wasn't about not knowing Jorah would ever come back. Jeor would probably forgive Jorah now that he's trying to help guard the realms of men, but Jon was the heir he chose and Jon doesn't know Jorah well enough to know if he really deserves the sword back or if he's just a suicidal idiot who loves adventure. (As Tormund said, only stupid people would sign on for this stupid plan.)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

So, Dany is turned on by those scars, right? And the show pretty much gave away the ending. It will go one of two ways: Dany gets pregnant by Jon or she is barren and names Jon her heir(or she kneels to him when she learns who his father is). I'm betting on Jonerys making babies together. I fear that way lies death for Jon, though. 

Or maybe Dany dies in childbirth like Lyanna did, hence the "bittersweet" ending GRRM has alluded to. I agree though they couldn't have been more obvious that a Jonerys baby is on the way. Jorah mentions Jon's "children", Tyrion brings up succession and Dany reminds us she's barren. Real subtle, showrunners, real subtle.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Fairlily26 said:

Im sure this has been mentioned but it would have been great if Dany had taken out the knight kings who were all in one place and in close proximity of each other, see had she listened to Jon in the first place they could have hatched a plan...

Not even Jon knew about the Nights King's legendary arm strength. But you're right. All they needed was one dragon to swoop in and snatch a wight, but where's the drama in that?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady S. said:

Wow, just watched the Inside the Episode and when talking about how much Dany loves her dragons and why Viserion's death was so hard, all the clips they showed were her and Drogon. Not even one with multiple dragons in the shot. Way to make it clear why Viserion was the most expendable. 

The show has done a really poor job of showing Rhaegal and Viserion. But Dany has shown fondness for them. The episode where she has to lock them away is sad on all sides. And when they were babies she was always around all 3. I think it got harder to show all 3 when they became huge and Drogon is her mount so he's naturally featured more.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

On a lighter note, all this talk about succession and "Those dragons are the only children I'll ever have!" in this episode. I'll bet the second Jon lays with Danaerys he will knock her up. With twins

The Night King got a new minion, but he gained the fury of its mama!  He made the Scorpion look like a slingshot though. He was an Olympic medalist for sure. 

And to think I was worried about Jon making it out alive.  *Pours liquor for Benjen*  Now it's time for Jon to get back to Winterfell so he can finally find out he's a Targaryen.  I'm tired of dodging the dragon sized anvils! "You don't look like your father." No shit.

Yeah on the twins! Aw... but no fighting over the throne, kids!

On the giant anvil... Except he actually does look a lot like Ned Stark to me...More than Rob did, who had Katlyn's coloring.

Dany and Jon are so hot together!! And both so cute. "He's little." LOL, like she's not tiny herself. Not many men are Drogo's size. Incest, shmincest, this is Westeros and they're an adorable couple.

Arya is coming off as psychotic. She wanted Sansa to be terrified of her, and that's just not normal behavior toward your sister. And so what if Sansa wouldn't mind being Queen? What has she actively done against Jon? Oh, right, nothing. Arya is sick in the head and it breaks my heart to see it, but I think she's broken and needs to be put down before she hurts someone. Sansa was a butt to Brienne, but that's nothing compared to the naked threat that Arya was showing toward Sansa.

OMG, ice dragon!! (I assume it will shoot ice, not fire). That was astounding. I never thought of it, even though we saw that horses could be turned. It makes sense and is going to be awesome.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, scrb said:

Dany is uncomfortable when Jon calls her "Dany."

What would she prefer, that he call her "auntie?"

Or maybe just not what her dickhead brother called her...

I think Arya and Sansa are playing Littlefinger. We'll find out he's been listening to their convos.

Add me to the list of people who DGAF that Jon and Daenarys are related. Twincest has desensitized us.... Plus an Aunt/Nephew who are the same age and never met.....more like cousins..

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Yeah on the twins! Aw... but no fighting over the throne, kids!

On the giant anvil... Except he actually does look a lot like Ned Stark to me...More than Rob did, who had Katlyn's coloring.

The actress that played Lyanna did look quite a bit like Kit, more so than Sean Bean, IMO. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I don’t understand what they are doing with Arya and Sansa. Their conflict is so nonsensical. The whole Winterfell plot is a waste of airtime.

Thinking about it a couple hours after watching episode, I remembered that I felt like "Huh I thought they were better actors than this" which later led to "Huh, wonder if they were putting on an act for LF's sake."

• Love 1