Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Beyond the Wall

• Start Topic

Jon's mission continues north of the wall, but the odds against his ragged band of misfits may be greater than he imagined.

Reminder: This is for discussion of the TV show onlyno book talk allowed - including saying "but it's different in the books". Any spoiler from outside the books (i.e. next weeks preview) should be in spoiler tags.

1) That look of anguish and agony on dany's face when her dragon was falling from the sky is so sad. : (

2) I cant wait until arya kills LF. he is such a snake and a total triple faced liar. he deserves it more than anyone else.  : D

3) I hope that they can turn the ice dragon back to normal at some point in the story. turned can be un-turned i hope. : I

4) Another brother/sister romance brewing. ouch lol

5) Funny convo with jorah and tormund while in the snow (u must like dick? huh? oh cock lol) 

Edited by STRIDER1
  • Love 14

Well, I was screaming like a lunatic again. Especially when I thought Tormund might be gone. OMG, they have an undead dragon now. :-(

Arya is a psychopath now. I used to like her and dislike Sansa, but now that's reversed.

• Love 20

Poor Viserion. He lost his life and got turned into a wight because of this dumbass plan.  I noticed that the fire went out when the NK walked over it. That isn’t good. This means that Jon will have to kill NK.

I loved Dany’s rescue, her white coat, and the music. She was a true Queen swooping in with her dragons to save her subjects. We can see why they killed Viserion. With the three dragons, Dany could easily take out the wights so they gave the NK a shot like they did with Cersei.

Awww, Jon and Daenerys are in love. They have even more chemistry that I thought they would. I loved how he held on to her hand when she tried to pull away. They are so good together.

Questions about this ridiculously needless adventure. Why didn’t Dany just fly north with her dragons to see the NK and his army? How did Gentry find his way back to Eastwatch without getting lost? How did they survive on the rock all night without freezing to death?  Where did Benjen come from? How did that horse not freeze to death?

It has got to be subconscious, but all Tyrion's advice is setting up Dany to get defeated by his family. He is now the worse Hand ever.

I love Tormund and am so glad that he survived. He was almost a gonna.  I liked how he reminded Jon how Mance Rayor’s useless pride got thousands of Wildings needlessly killed. The Hound was right that Tormund is mad with his delusion about Brienne.  

I liked Jon and Jorah bonding. I suspect that he will be surprised by the mother of Jon’s “children.”

Yes Beric, Jon doesn’t look like his father, Ned Stark. Beric really does have a sultry sexy voice.

I don’t understand what they are doing with Arya and Sansa. Their conflict is so nonsensical. The whole Winterfell plot is a waste of airtime.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 21
Just now, CletusMusashi said:

Where were they at the end? The stained glas windows looked too fancy to be Eastwatch. Did Dany fly Jon all the way down to Dragonstone? She probably could have, travel times being what they are nowadays...

They were in a ship with Targarean sails.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CletusMusashi said:

Where were they at the end? The stained glas windows looked too fancy to be Eastwatch. Did Dany fly Jon all the way down to Dragonstone? She probably could have, travel times being what they are nowadays...

I think they were still on the ship.

• Love 1

Tormund, stop reading my fan-fiction! I'm also down with the spin-off being Tormund, Brienne, and the Hound (if they all live). That's just comedy gold.

Dany should choose Lyanna Mormont as her heir. She's Jorah's niece, so that would be in her favor.

How the hell could Gendry see that wight-bear's eyes from that far away? I can't believe Thoros went out like that. With so few people on that mission, there wouldn't be too many redshirts to die in place of the fan favorites.

They all survived the night almost like penguins in Antarctica.

I'm kind of surprised the Night King could walk through dragon fire. I thought it was supposed to be worse than regular fire, like the wildfire from the battle of the Blackwater. How did he know the ice spear would pierce dragon hide? It might be the Harry Potter fan in me, since in that universe it's supposed to be the toughest material around.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Could anyone tell whether that was Rhaegal or Viserion? An ice dragon is pretty awesome as hell, though.

Benjen!

Arya's crazy as hell.

Only one more episode. I'm so sad about that.

• Love 3

Love Dany's new winter coat.

Poor dragon! That was devastating.

I really thought Jon and Dany were going to go full Lannister for minute there and honestly, I wasn't mad at it.

Edited by cynic
Cuz Targaryeans and Lannisters are not the same thing
  • Love 19

So if they can reanimate bears and dragons, I assume they can also do eagles and woolly mammoths. So where are all the nonhumanoid zombies? Are they keeping them hidden behind the regular wights, for maximum surprise value? Or was the Freeze Meister actually slowing their hand on purpose, to make sure he could maximize his chances of getting a dragon?

• Love 4
Just now, cynic said:

It was really gorgeous. I wonder if Sansa made it for her.

Where did the White Walkers get such huge chains? They are prepared for any eventuality it seems.

• Love 21

My heart was in my throat that entire battle scene. I still find the entire plan questionable. How did they plan to get that zombie back to the wall? That being said, I could forgive it because the battle was so visually amazing. I was heartbroken by the poor dragon. 

I am equally as perplexed by Arya and Sansa who seemed to be willing to talk but still left too much unsaid to either find common ground or figure out whose slimy fingerprints were all over this.

On a purely shallow level, I need Danaerys' coat in my life.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

And nope. I still don't like Sansa. 

At first I didn't like her, but now Arya needs to get put down.  Arya didn't suffer rape on top of rape the way Sansa did.

But I guess the point of this was that both sisters have suffered, Arya is just more psychotic than Sansa.

ETA wasn't Littlefinger on Aray's list?  If Arya is so smart, why can't she see that Littlefinger is playing them?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, cynic said:

2 minutes ago, The Companion said:

On a purely shallow level, I need Danaerys' coat in my life.

She looked absolutely magnificent! But the whole time I was thinking to myself, "girl, where are your earmuffs and scarf! You are going to freeze your face off!" 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm actually glad I was spoiled for this one. 

I was spoiled too thanks to a stupid youtube video title in my recommended videos, and I think it ruined it for me. It's not leaving me with a feeling at all, unlike a couple weeks back, partly because I was waiting for it. So the whole dragons sweeping in thing fell flat, even with what happened. 

I'm not into Arya vs. Sansa either, which may play a part in my non reaction to this episode. I don't need sunshine and rainbows, but I like smart characters. This is a little too Days of Our Lives for me, how easily they seem to have been set up by the villain. I hope there's a twist. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LittleIggy said:

that harebrained scheme

Hares wouldn't have come up with a plan this dumb.

Just now, Jewlmc said:

Wait. Someone besides Thoros died. Who got pulled off the cliff into the pit of zombies? 

Redshirt wildling.

• Love 12

Jon Snow is an idiot.  Why did he not just get on the Dragon when it landed.  I thought maybe he was going for the corpse they wanted to show Cersei but Clegane had it.  Ugh, it's like the Battle of the Bastards all over again.  He's christened by the author as special but good lord is he an idiot.

Sigh, again if this show had started off with an emphasis on Dragons and Zombies I definitely would NOT have watched but now I'm stuck.

Good on Sansa for being smart enough to say "Hell No" in terms of going anywhere near Kings Landing with Cersei Lannister on the Iron Throne.  She's team Jon, Team Stark but most of all she's Team Sansa.   She does not like the odds of survival going south while the enemy has such a strong home field advantage.

I had to sadly laugh when Arya walked in and Sansa said she had hundreds of loyal guards in the Castle who will defend her.  LOL, her fear for her safety in a Cersei controlled Kings Landing was only part of the reason she sent Brienne, I think she also wanted to limit Arya's in the castle.  Assuming this does not end in a fatal denouement for Sansa, I don't think she'll ever be truly close or truly love Arya after that scene, Sansa doesn't respond well to being terrorized/threatened in Winterfell.

So now Dany is down a dragon.  Hmph.

• Love 8

A thought about Arya: maybe she was only acting so crazy with Sansa so that Sansa would say something to Littledick, thereby getting him to reveal his next move sooner. Although... I'm still thinking Arya's a bit crazy. I don't think a strong ego is compatible with whatever it is that makes the Faceless thing work. She'll probably end up going back to the House of Black and White. Maybe not forever, but I think they do need to occasionally seclude themselves and be no one.

• Love 4

I spoiled myself and this was still a massive punch in the gut. RIP Viserion. This was equal to Grey Wind's death. Kudos to the special effects people for giving the CGI animals so much life in their eyes even if it leaves me a blubbery mess. When Rhaegal tried to swoop in and save his brother and when Drogon screamed it really hit me. Though I actually got more angry seeing the NK touch poor dead Viserion than seeing him die. Gah it was all so terrible. A positive though is I finally hate someone more than Cersei!

The wight hunt was a catastrophic disaster IMO. I don't think seeing 1 undead footman is going to get the people in Westeros on board with fighting the WW. I think what Dany said was true. You have to see the whole swarm, the sheer numbers. You have to see the NK or at least the WW to understand the menace. And of course I strongly suspect Cersei won't even give a damn. The heroes took a massive loss and gave the NK a major weapon. Wight Viserion is going to be able to take damage that Rhaegal and Drogon can't since they are living and can feel pain. But at least Drogon and Rhaegal will keep growing.

Where did the NK get massive metal chains? The people he has killed so far are wildlings who have a hunter/gather society. Outside of some metal weapons have we ever seen the wildlings with such weapons/equipment? Did they even have chains like that with Mance when they tried to scale the wall? That was a bit much to take.

The scene at the end with Dany & Jon was nice. I actually felt the connection there. I loved that he understood what Viserion's death meant to her.

I haven no idea what is going on with the Winterfell scenes but Arya is coming off unhinged and like she is the evil one despite her attempts to paint Sansa as the black sheep. What even is her end game? Sansa was right Cersei and clearly LF would love it if the North descended into chaos. I did hate how Sansa treated Brianne though.

A good episode obviously but I still hate it. Why can't we have all three dragons be okay? And they better not take the other 2 away from us now.

• Love 13

Shhhhiiittt!!!!!

We had a rough couple of days in the TrininisaScorp household:  Hubby watched the leaked episode and I chose not to.  I was annoyed at him. LOL.  I stayed away from the interwebs, so I was totally unspoiled.  And totally not ready.  

That was an amazing episode!!!  I know I'm such a sucker, but I kept jumping and screaming:  Big ass zombie bear!  Oh no, NOT Thoros!  Oh no, NOT MY TORMUND!!!  VISERION, NOOOOO!!!!  Get on the GD dragon, Jon!!!

I did NOT love the ladies of Winterfell tonight.  WTF was that, Arya?!  Last week, I expressed my hope that Arya wouldn't fall for the bullshit that Littlefinger was shoveling, but here we are.  I LOVE Arya, but I don't love this chick she is being right now.  While I'm glad Sansa and Arya hashed their shit, I didn't like the way it ended.  I thought they both made excellent points and were both not at all their best selves.  Honestly, I'll never understand how on a show like this, with the level of evil characters, that some see Sansa as the worst thing ever (just IMO).  Ladies...GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!!

I love seeing Tyrion and Dany talks.  Even though we are treading over the same content, I still love those two actor together.  Dany seems to be a little over Tyrion.

I don't want the last OMG 15 mins to diminish the wonderful character pieces happening in the the Mag 7's walk to get the wight.  I could probably watch Tormund and Hound's comedy hour everyday.  Those two characters and their respective actors were fire with their material today.  Their discussion about Brienne was particularly amazing.  "I want to have giant children with her..."  "You DO know her!"

Dany and Jon.  It's wrong.  So incredibly wrong.  But, Lord of Light help me, I was feeling every minute of their exchange.  "Dany"  "Then, my queen"  Phew!  Damn you, show!  Having me ship some highly probable incest.  The fuck!?  Also, could we continue to shoehorn in more references to Dany not being able have children ever?! 

IMO, some of Emilia Clark's best acting this season come from the grief brought by Viserion's death.  So many call backs to her brother tonight...

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 21

Well, not as many of the main human characters died like I thought they would (although, those bastard really got me with Tormund.  I totally thought that ginger badass finally met his match), but holy shit, indeed.  The Night King flat-out drops Viserion (I think that is who it was?) from the sky and basically slays a dragon without blinking an eye.  Oh, and then brings it back to life of course.  So, now they have an undead ice dragon.  Oh boy.  Also, I totally noticed The Night King walked through the dragon fire like it was nothing.  After being in the background for so long, that guy has gotten suddenly gotten incredibly scary.

All that said, it really does make me wonder why didn't they just simply fly the dragons over, scoop up an undead, and bail in the first place?  Seemed like that should have been the plan all along.  I could buy maybe Daenerys not going with it since she didn't fully believe yet, but they should have at least had a scene last episode where that option was suggested and then dismissed.

Still, can't complain too much since I enjoyed the banter and interactions.  Glad that the writers were apparently on the same wave length I was on, and had a Tormund/The Hound scene in all of its glory.  I couldn't ask for anything more!  Still, also liked Gendry hashing it out with Berric over what happened, and Jon and Jorah bonding over Jeor Mormont.

Yeah, both Targaryen or not, Jon and Dany are totally going to end up doing it.  And if Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke bring even half of the chemistry they are showing now, it's going to be something to behold.

Fare thee well, Thoros.  Figured that they were going to take out the guy who can resurrect people, in order to prevent any "Well, why don't they just bring Thoros to save him/her?" for any future deaths.

Benjen!!!

Meanwhile in non Operation White Walker news, Littlefinger's plan to pit the Stark girls seems to be working, as poor Sansa is really beginning to realize how much of a nutcase Arya has become.  At this point, Sansa's probably yearning for the brief moment where Bran showing up as an emotionless seer was the most bizarre thing she has had to deal with.  Also, Sansa just sent Brienne to the summit, so she's going to have to watch her back, her front, and her sides.

Tyrion is really going to need to get a win soon, because at this point I don't think anyone respects him.

Good episode, but I'm way more interested in next week's/finale episode, assuming the summit does happen and Team Cersei and Team Dany finally meet.  There are so many ways this could go very, very wrong.  But I totally believe they need to work together now, because The Night King has just dropped the mic, and anyone who wants to pick it up has to go through his new pet.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, KaleyFirefly said:

Now the Night King has a way to get over the wall -- fly over on a dragon. Then open the gates & let his army through.

God, I didn't even realize that. Everyone is super fucked now. Will anyone be left for another season?

• Love 4

On a lighter note, all this talk about succession and "Those dragons are the only children I'll ever have!" in this episode. I'll bet the second Jon lays with Danaerys he will knock her up. With twins. 

The Night King got a new minion, but he gained the fury of its mama!  He made the Scorpion look like a slingshot though. He was an Olympic medalist for sure. 

And to think I was worried about Jon making it out alive.  *Pours liquor for Benjen*  Now it's time for Jon to get back to Winterfell so he can finally find out he's a Targaryen.  I'm tired of dodging the dragon sized anvils! "You don't look like your father." No shit.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Hook75 said:

Are Jon & Dany going to have a baby? I'm not sure, we didn't get enough hints in this episode, LOL.

Dany keeps on saying she won't and implies can't.

10 minutes ago, Hava said:

It made me so sad to see two Stark children fighting

Could the third Stark there work to straighten things out between them, or is he too busy being a tree?  They have to have brought him back to do something...even something good.

Just now, Stardancer Supreme said:

On a lighter note, all this talk about succession and "Those dragons are the only children I'll ever have!"

It could be a drinking game.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Couver said:

The scene at the end with Dany & Jon was nice. I actually felt the connection there. I loved that he understood what Viserion's death meant to her.

That was a great moment. He immediately recognized that the loss of her dragon did be devastating.

• Love 11

Oh wow, does that mean we now have to call the Night King a dragonslayer? yikes lol

Jaime Kingslayer, NK Dragonslayer and Samwell Walkerslayer hahaha  : D

Edited by STRIDER1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Well, not as many of the main human characters died like I thought they would (although, those bastard really got me with Tormund.  I totally thought that ginger badass finally met his match), but holy shit, indeed.  The Night King flat-out drops Viserion (I think that is who it was?) from the sky and basically slays a dragon without blinking an eye.  Oh, and then brings it back to life of course.  So, now they have an undead ice dragon.  Oh boy.  Also, I totally noticed The Night King walked through the dragon fire like it was nothing.  After being in the background for so long, that guy has gotten suddenly gotten incredibly scary.

All that said, it really does make me wonder why didn't they just simply fly the dragons over, scoop up an undead, and bail in the first place?  Seemed like that should have been the plan all along.  I could buy maybe Daenerys not going with it since she didn't fully believe yet, but they should have at least had a scene last episode where that option was suggested and then dismissed.

Still, can't complain too much since I enjoyed the banter and interactions.  Glad that the writers were apparently on the same wave length I was on, and had a Tormund/The Hound scene in all of its glory.  I couldn't ask for anything more!  Still, also liked Gendry hashing it out with Berric over what happened, and Jon and Jorah bonding over Jeor Mormont.

Yeah, both Targaryen or not, Jon and Dany are totally going to end up doing it.  And if Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke bring even half of the chemistry they are showing now, it's going to be something to behold.

Fare thee well, Thoros.  Figured that they were going to take out the guy who can resurrect people, in order to prevent any "Well, why don't they just bring Thoros to save him/her?" for any future deaths.

Benjen!!!

Meanwhile in non Operation White Walker news, Littlefinger's plan to pit the Stark girls seems to be working, as poor Sansa is really beginning to realize how much of a nutcase Arya has become.  At this point, Sansa's probably yearning for the brief moment where Bran showing up as an emotionless seer was the most bizarre thing she has had to deal with.  Also, Sansa just sent Brienne to the summit, so she's going to have to watch her back, her front, and her sides.

Tyrion is really going to need to get a win soon, because at this point I don't think anyone respects him.

Good episode, but I'm way more interested in next week's/finale episode, assuming the summit does happen and Team Cersei and Team Dany finally meet.  There are so many ways this could go very, very wrong.  But I totally believe they need to work together now, because The Night King has just dropped the mic, and anyone who wants to pick it up has to go through his new pet.

Yeah, the fire didn't affect the Night King at all. I think they are going to need a dragon glass weapon of some sort, something that shoots dragon glass spears!