Type keyword(s) to search

Stews and News: Below Deck Med in the Media

• Start Topic

On 10/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, HunterHunted said:

Aesha said on WWHL that Joao actually made tons of disparaging comments about her every day.

From what I have seen and heard from Aesha.....she probably deserved every disparaging comment Joao made about her. I had second hand embarrassment for her when she appeared on the Below Deck Med after show.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 7

Lord even glancing at Aesha and Anastasia’s IGstories is giving me jet lag. They both arrived in NY on Sunday from Bali and Sri Lanka and now are back in New Zealand and Sri Lanka respectively. 

• Love 2

Really a show featuring him?

He so devoid of drama on his 2 seasons of BDM.  Surprised Bravo would feature him, unless they low-balled him more than they could with other cast.

Of course there's no shortage of people who want to be on TV, willing to act out with the partying and the drama.

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Oh lord this will most likely be a must miss from me:

7 hours ago, scrb said:

He so devoid of drama on his 2 seasons of BDM.  Surprised Bravo would feature him, unless they low-balled him more than they could with other cast.

Of course there's no shortage of people who want to be on TV, willing to act out with the partying and the drama.

I would love to see what kind of show Colin could be on, as I do enjoy him, and think he's a very nice guy.  I hope that reality fame doesn't change him!  

I also really, really, really hope that if this is a new show featuring Colin, it won't be one of those horrible "find me a date" shows, similar to the one that Shep from Southern Charm did.  

I actually was also wondering if Colin would mesh better with the crew on Below Deck (the original).  Maybe someone from that one gets fired, and Captain Lee calls on Colin to finish out the season?  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I would love to see what kind of show Colin could be on, as I do enjoy him, and think he's a very nice guy.  I hope that reality fame doesn't change him!  

I also really, really, really hope that if this is a new show featuring Colin, it won't be one of those horrible "find me a date" shows, similar to the one that Shep from Southern Charm did.  

I actually was also wondering if Colin would mesh better with the crew on Below Deck (the original).  Maybe someone from that one gets fired, and Captain Lee calls on Colin to finish out the season?  

If it's not a revival of the People's Couch, I'm not interested.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I wouldn’t be even interested than unless they brought back Emerson, Blake and Scott and the Zenos.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, scrb said:

Well he could sort of be Iike Mary Tyler Moore. You know the naive trusting lead surrounded by crazy characters. They can round up a bunch of crazies and he can be the moral center. I would watch that show.

• Love 4
On 10/3/2019 at 2:43 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Well he could sort of be Iike Mary Tyler Moore. You know the naive trusting lead surrounded by crazy characters. They can round up a bunch of crazies and he can be the moral center. I would watch that show.

Definately.  Bravo seems to be able make certain things fun and interesting that I would never think of.   Then again, it's had its share of bombs, too.

I'll watch whatever it ends up being and see how it goes.

Meanwhile, and I know I'm in the minority, but....

I'd like to see Joao be a captain of a Below Deck franchise.   He's entertaining to me (the good, the bad, and the ugly). And, I think it would be great to watch how an up-and-comer grows personally and professionaly.

And, I'd like to see a less-drunk version of Travis on the new sailing show....at least to kick it off some how.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
On 10/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, HunterHunted said:

I love you.

On 10/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, biakbiak said:

I wouldn’t be even interested than unless they brought back Emerson, Blake and Scott and the Zenos.

I also love you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, HunterHunted said:

This x a googolplex!  I luurrved that show, plus it's where we first met Destiny, who later became an unwatchable cast member of Shahs.  Note - Haven't watched Shahs since, but she's not to be blamed.  The show sux.

On 10/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, biakbiak said:

What I read:  Emerson, Lake & Palmer

On 10/4/2019 at 1:26 PM, Jextella said:

I'd like to see Joao be a captain of a Below Deck franchise.   He's entertaining to me (the good, the bad, and the ugly). And, I think it would be great to watch how an up-and-comer grows personally and professionaly.

And, I'd like to see a less-drunk version of Travis on the new sailing show....at least to kick it off some how.

I'll cosign this for you. 

• Love 4
On 10/1/2019 at 3:09 AM, antfitz said:

I am disgusted with captain Sandy. Last season she was hard on Hannah for doing the same thing that Joao was doing with Brooke. 

Sorry for being late with my comment... I have to say the difference between Hannah and Conrad vs Brooke and Joao is that Hannah brought her relationship issues onto the boat whereas Brooke and Joao did not pretend not to have a relationship, BUT their relationship never "appeared" to take way from their work ethic. The fact that Hannah never did understand what she did wrong when she went out with the guests, leaving her stews to complete all of the jobs three stews are responsible for, floors me. She just should have not taken the tip - then her laziness would have been palatable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2019 at 7:21 AM, njbchlover said:

My heart hurt for Colin during this season because you could see how uncomfortable he felt amongst all the crude interactions his workmates had. He and Joao were good roommates as they understood and respected each other. I get why he just wanted to go home.

• Love 6
On 7/30/2019 at 10:11 AM, TexasGal said:

On WWHL last night, both Colin and Sandy said that Travis was the worst  crew member.  I was surprised since, while it seems like he is bad, Jack seems much much worse. 

This surprises me a lot because from what I could see, Travis knew his duties and was a hard worker. For a captain not to acknowledge a crew member's work ethic tells me that a ton of stuff was edited out regarding Travis.

15 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

Jack's girlfriend - the one he put things on hold for to date Aesha, dumped Aesha and went back to - is pregnant.

Just my little ol' opinion, but I'm thinking he didn't really dump this▽ girl for Aesha.  He said what needed to be said, made the silly banner, played the Bravo game, for a conquest and a storyline.  Aesha's a nice girl and all, maybe, but this pregnant gal has it all over her in looks, and might not have a voice that sounds like a wounded Canada New Zealand goose in heat.

Screenshot (81).png

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 11/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, biakbiak said:

At the BravoCon panel they mentioned that the bosun for the next season of Below Med is Malia. 

Am I the only one who is not a fan of that idea? Malia was completely green 2 seasons ago and given what we’ve seen with the less than experienced Ashton on this season of Below Deck (Thailand)...I was hoping the show would go back to hiring more reasonable heads for departments like Eddie for ex.. Plus her character left a lot to be desired IMO (between all the stuff she pulled with Adam/Wes and what a brat she was to Hannah...). IIRC Captain Sandy showed almost as much undue favor to Malia as she did Jwow last season—yeah I’m not a fan of this. 

Edited by ElizabethCarey
  • Love 3

At the BravoCon panel they mentioned that the bosun for the next season of Below Med is Malia. 

Why do we have to watch crew we've already seen before?  I don't want to see the bosun learning as he/she goes.  How boring.  Malia was sneaky, full of herself and not interesting to me.  I notice her boyfriend, Adam, is chef on the Yachting Below Deck (whatever it's called).  He had a screw loose and didn't wow with his food much.  I don't like seeing the same old same old.  Although I don't mind Ben for some reason-- maybe he's proven to be a great chef and is unpredictable. 

• Love 1
On 2/5/2020 at 12:51 PM, stcroix said:

Why do we have to watch crew we've already seen before?  I don't want to see the bosun learning as he/she goes.

The only character I would look forward to watching repeatedly is Colin. But I would want him to find 'true love' during his season. I also wish he'd meet someone similar to himself, meaning kind, polite, empathetic, funny, talented, good listener, loyal, etc. Once he's found his special someone, he can allow the yacht crew one visit with her - just to keep the guys from trying to jump her, while also sharing with the gals that a 'woman' can interact without: playing dumb, constantly cursing, viewing other women as competition, acting sexy, or by behaving needy). These women forget the strength they have when they have each others' backs, stay positive, and refuse to buy into the guy/gossip nonsense. Who cares what the men say? Negativity only gains power if people give credit to the words/statements shared. How hard is it to say, "Nah, not going there." or "Sorry, don't care" in response to someone stirring the pot with a hate stick?

• Love 3
On 9/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, biakbiak said:

No reason given. Maybe their schedules couldn’t be worked out. A lot of them are traveling.

But usually it is part of their contract re: publicity. Maybe Andy is over this group and is moving on. He's been less involved in some of the other shows he's attached to, and I think he's cherry picking what he'll keep, and what can go. The fact that Hannah's group has no reunion yet Kate's group does one is interesting. Apparently Andy isn't starting off the seasons with parties either. Lala's boyfriend offered to host Vanderpump's new season party because Bravo wasn't going to spend the $$. I am curious what shows will survive and still be around in 3 years?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Maybe Andy is over this group

Andy has nothing to do with the show or Bravo scheduling. He does the reunions because Bravo wants him to do all of them even though he is horrible at it but he isn’t a producer of this show or an executive at Bravo anymore. Even he will tell you he has nothing to do with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Andy has nothing to do with the show or Bravo scheduling. He does the reunions because Bravo wants him to do all of them even though he is horrible at it but he isn’t a producer of this show or an executive at Bravo anymore. Even he will tell you he has nothing to do with it.

That's interesting.  What job does he still do at Bravo? I thought he practically ran it!

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, stcroix said:

That's interesting.  What job does he still do at Bravo? I thought he practically ran it!

He left his job at as VP in 2013, in leaving he kept is exec producer credits and involvement in the RH franchises but other than that is just a contracted host for WWHL and the reunions. He just made himself such the face of the network that people still give him credit and blame for shit he has nothing to do with anymore and hasn’t for a long time.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He left his job at as VP in 2013, in leaving he kept is exec producer credits and involvement in the RH franchises but other than that is just a contracted host for WWHL and the reunions. He just made himself such the face of the network that people still give him credit and blame for shit he has nothing to do with anymore and hasn’t for a long time.

How did I miss this?!  Well good for him.  He must be worth a fortune.  Thank you!

On 2/12/2020 at 10:53 PM, biakbiak said:

On 2/12/2020 at 11:09 PM, stcroix said:

How did I miss this?!  Well good for him.  He must be worth a fortune.  Thank you!

His IMDB profile lists him as a producer of NJ through 2019 and OC through 2017.   Even though he may not be an employee on paper, I have to believe he is a power player with some of the shows in a way we don't see.

There is an interview about Tamra's departure from OC in which he says "we aren't done with Tamra yet".  Or something like that.  The "we" made it seem as if he is definately still in the mix.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Jextella said:

His IMDB profile lists him as a producer of NJ through 2019 and OC through 2017.   Even though he may not be an employee on paper, I have to believe he is a power player with some of the shows in a way we don't see.

Being a producer on shows on a network is not the same thing as being an employee of Bravo which he used to be and was actually responsible for programming the network. 

• Love 3
On 2/16/2020 at 10:40 PM, HunterHunted said:

On the season premiere of Good Girls, Stan and Ruby are back watching Below Deck: Med season 4. Hannah and Conrad from season 3 were name checked.

Does name checked mean confirmed?  Odd that Conrad would be allowed back.  Captain Sandy did not care for him at all.

44 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Does name checked mean confirmed?  Odd that Conrad would be allowed back.  Captain Sandy did not care for him at all.

Good Girls is an NBC drama. Two of the characters, Stan and Ruby, have just started watching season season 4 of Below Deck: Med, aka last season. Ruby has watched a couple of episodes ahead of Stan and spilled the beans about Hannah losing Anastasia to the galley. Stan and Ruby were also discussing the implosion of Hannah and Conrad's relationship from season 3.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Good Girls is an NBC drama. Two of the characters, Stan and Ruby, have just started watching season season 4 of Below Deck: Med, aka last season. Ruby has watched a couple of episodes ahead of Stan and spilled the beans about Hannah losing Anastasia to the galley. Stan and Ruby were also discussing the implosion of Hannah and Conrad's relationship from season 3.

Thank you!

Hey, do you know if this was official/is there video of this BravoCon panel anywhere? I don’t doubt you at all, but I came across a debate on another forum about whether this was fact or just a rumor started on Reality Tea (or something?). I know you said it was mentioned at BravoCon so I assumed it was broadcast somewhere, but I’m too lazy to rewatch all of the BravoCon videos 🙂

Edited by ElizabethCarey
5 hours ago, ElizabethCarey said:

Hey, do you know if this was official/is there video of this BravoCon panel anywhere? I don’t doubt you at all, but I came across a debate on another forum about whether this was fact or just a rumor started on Reality Tea (or something?). I know you said it was mentioned at BravoCon so I assumed it was broadcast somewhere, but I’m too lazy to rewatch all of the BravoCon videos 🙂

Didn’t see video just accounts from people there.

Sandy had a heart attack but appears to be doing well.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Do we know if Below Deck Med has finished filming or if they have been closed down because of the current hysteria?

They finished the charters last year and did pick up interviews in LA last month.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2020 at 3:31 PM, biakbiak said:

The article isn’t really accurate because the chef is male and he doesn’t report to Hannah so basically the only change is that there is a female bosun. 

That should be interesting 

(edited)

DVR recorded the Capt. Sandy clips show tonight.

Meh.

they even showed Danny, who was under the other captain.

they also showed glimpses of the upcoming season.

Edited by scrb