Type keyword(s) to search

Stews and News: Below Deck Med in the Media

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'm a grammar nerd and man, Malia's comment grates.

"out of respect to him and ME" (or MYSELF)

"If I WERE gay"

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Thank you for pointing out these common grammatical errors. I was in the 5th grade when I learned that a pronoun used as an object of a preposition or direct object takes the objective case. The cheat sheet way is to remove the proper noun in this case Tom. Would she have said out of respect to I? But in Malia's defense I hear this all of the time from people who should know better. Somehow I think people have decided that the pronoun me is substandard English. And you are correct about were as opposed to was.  If the sentence starts with if the subjunctive tense of the verb is used. In this case were not was. It is a shame that grammar is no longer taught. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Thank you for pointing out these common grammatical errors. I was in the 5th grade when I learned that a pronoun used as an object of a preposition or direct object takes the objective case.

And thank you for strengthening Grammar and I's relationship.

Sister Mary Imperfecta.

• LOL 12
On 9/26/2020 at 7:01 AM, dleighg said:

I'm a grammar nerd and man, Malia's comment grates.

"out of respect to him and ME" (or MYSELF)

"If I WERE gay"

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Myself is a reflexive pronoun (the subject and the object are the same).

Yes: I did it to myself.

Yes: You did it to yourself.

No: You can give it to myself. 

One of my peeves is hearing or reading “myself” when the correct word is “me.”

• Love 9
4 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

Ha ha, I edited my post to add "myself" since, while I wouldn't use it, I vaguely thought it might be the correct one. Should'a left it alone 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2020 at 12:03 AM, Koalagirl said:

Malia and Sandy will be on WWHL on Monday night. This should be interesting in view of Sandy’s video.

Wow they didn’t even mention Sandy’s Cameo.  Though Andy did keep harping on the Malia/Tom breakup, while Sandy sat there with her huge creepy smile.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Wow they didn’t even mention Sandy’s Cameo.  Though Andy did keep harping on the Malia/Tom breakup, while Sandy sat there with her huge creepy smile.

This is completely unsurprising. 

• Love 5

If the interviews tonight were live, how could Andy not have brought up Sandy's video saying that she (and the whole production team) think Malia is gay? That's the main thing I was watching for!

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Another one towing the party line (Bravo/51 Minds).  I'd prefer industry opinions from people not on (or angling to be on) the payroll. Not to mention Kate is far from unbiased regarding Hannah. 

I caught a bit of her new show last night.  She's pulled so tight she's starting to look like a Brandi/Adrienne Maloof combo, complete with Taylor Armstrong lips.  Frightening was the word that came to mind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Be quiet Kate.  She needs Bravo money to pay for all her facelifts.  

The only reason they fired Hannah was because they wanted to fill the boat with the youthful losers the show has.  I watched it last night.  WTF is wrong with Malia that she'd even consider that jackass chef?  Did she fall off the deck one time too many?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 9/26/2020 at 8:26 PM, 65mickey said:

I was in the 5th grade when I learned that a pronoun used as an object of a preposition or direct object takes the objective case.

I grew up in the 60s.  Never learned any grammar beyond noun, pronoun, proper noun, verb, and adverb.  I did learn prepositions to beat the band.  I have an advanced degree.  That's why you pay a typist.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:22 AM, GreyBunny said:

I have no idea what you just said.

I loved when Malia said Tom cheated on her.  I will see myself out.

Edited by jumper sage
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, snarts said:

Another one towing the party line (Bravo/51 Minds).  I'd prefer industry opinions from people not on (or angling to be on) the payroll. Not to mention Kate is far from unbiased regarding Hannah. 

I caught a bit of her new show last night.  She's pulled so tight she's starting to look like a Brandi/Adrienne Maloof combo, complete with Taylor Armstrong lips.  Frightening was the word that came to mind.

Actually I think she looks a lot like Lee Radziwill in her later years. Google her. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Actually I think she looks a lot like Lee Radziwill in her later years. Google her. 

I'm sticking to my story about the Parking Wars lady.  Danielle Connor, from the Philadelphia PW.  Kate is rapidly heading down the facial reconstruction rabbit hole.

danielle connor.jpg

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Chef Kiko & Captain Lee were on WWHL last night.  Kiko was as honest and adorable as ever.  I got the sense Captain Lee would hire him in a minute.

Captain Lee said that cabin assignments are left up to the Chief Stew and that unless couples are hired on together they shouldn't expect preferential treatment,  He also said that Captains are not medical professionals and shouldn't have issues with dr. prescribed medications.  Andy tried to cut him off and implied (again) that Hannah didn't have a prescription.  Hello, it was on the fucking box, you can see it in the episode! Captain Lee also questioned how Malia came across Hannah's items, basically calling her a snake without actually calling her a snake.

Rob came up on the Kate talk show thing that aired after, and they all agreed he was shady.  He apparently DM'd Hannah Berner (Summer House) and she didn't respond but he then said that they were "talking" on one of his appearances (WWHL maybe?). Looks like he's trying to make the rounds of the Bravolebrities. 

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6

There's an entire Instagram page of women sharing similar stories of being scammed by Rob. He woos them via dm, gets them to send him money so he can come visit them, then bails the day of & claims Bravo is controlling his life. I totally believe it. The walking self portrait of Vincent Van Gogh is a weird one.

• Love 1

On WWHL Andy asked Lee if the problem was handled differently with Kat than with Hannah was because Kat had the prescription and Hannah didn't. Lee said yes she showed me the prescription. Both implying that Hannah did not have a prescription for the Valium. I remember when Kat brought the bottle of medicine to Lee. He took it from her looked at it and pretty much said OK. Why is Andy trying so hard to perpetuate the myth that Hannah had Vaium that was not prescribed by her Doctor?

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

There's an entire Instagram page of women sharing similar stories of being scammed by Rob. He woos them via dm, gets them to send him money so he can come visit them, then bails the day of & claims Bravo is controlling his life. I totally believe it. The walking self portrait of Vincent Van Gogh is a weird one.

He behaved similarly with Madison from BDSY. She has given at least one interview about it. That said Jess is still full of anger and jealousy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Chef Kiko & Captain Lee were on WWHL last night.  Kiko was as honest and adorable as ever.  I got the sense Captain Lee would hire him in a minute.

Kiko has handled his whole firing so well that he is setting himself nicely for long charter career, if that is what he wants.

I'm sure Captain Lee and others have penciled him in as "nice to work with" and that has to count for something.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Captain Lee said that cabin assignments are left up to the Chief Stew and that unless couples are hired on together they shouldn't expect preferential treatment,  He also said that Captains are not medical professionals and shouldn't have issues with dr. prescribed medications.  Andy tried to cut him off and implied (again) that Hannah didn't have a prescription.  Hello, it was on the fucking box, you can see it in the episode! Captain Lee also questioned how Malia came across Hannah's items, basically calling her a snake without actually calling her a snake.

Rob came up on the Kate talk show thing that aired after, and they all agreed he was shady.  He apparently DM'd Hannah Berner (Summer House) and she didn't respond but he then said that they were "talking" on one of his appearances (WWHL maybe?). Looks like he's trying to make the rounds of the Bravolebrities. 

Captain Lee is a class act and spot on on all accounts.  He is the only reason I will continue to watch "original recipe" but not the others

Rob's a pig.

5 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Make that Rob is a disgusting low life pig.

• Love 6
On 10/6/2020 at 2:34 PM, CindyBee said:

Kiko has handled his whole firing so well that he is setting himself nicely for long charter career, if that is what he wants.

I'm sure Captain Lee and others have penciled him in as "nice to work with" and that has to count for something.

That was such a pleasant episode to watch, Kiko is so damn likable and even Captain Lee had a big smile on his face whenever Kiko spoke.

Lee mentioned that he would also consider working with Alex.  Yay, maybe we will see him again too.  Sure he is adorable and goofy but he is also a good sport, a great worker and very respectful of his peers and superiors (even when his superiors are snakes like Malia and Sandy)

• Love 8
On 8/18/2020 at 8:03 AM, Jextella said:

I don't recall Hannah saying this to Sandy.  Did she show her the pack?

Yes,  What would be the point of Hannah flushing it down the toilet at this time. Sandy had already seen it, and there was even a picture.  So it was all out there already. Malea was snarky for taking a picture. Malea could have gone straight to Hannah and talk to her about it, and given hand of the chance to register it.  I think Tom is well rid of mulia because I think she's snarky

• Love 3

You can preorder Bugsy's book, The Art of Tablescaping (to be released in May 2021)!

I can't even read the blurb without laughing:

When Bugsy Drake stepped onboard the yacht as Second Stew on Bravo’s Below Deck Med, she showed the world the magic of tablescaping. With the help of some unconventional centerpieces, a few artfully folded napkins, well-placed lighting, and a generous sprinkling of décor, tablescaping is the art of transforming a meal into an adventure that your guests will never forget. Bugsy’s gorgeous, over-the-top themes have captivated guests and earned her legions of devoted fans. Now she’s ready to share her passion and talent for creating unforgettable dining experiences, honed during nearly a decade working on the world’s most exclusive yachts and private islands. Featuring step-by-step instructions for building your own enchanting events, The Art of Tablescaping is packed full of inventive ideas and design hacks, on-the-job stories and lessons learned. Get inspired by some of Bugsy’s most iconic tablescapes, from rustic outdoor gatherings to glam-as-all-get-out soirees, then follow her tips for getting your own party started. You don’t need to have the superpowers of a Chief Stew to make a simple dinner party into a lasting memory―just your creativity, a sense of fun, and a few tips from the Queen of Theme herself.

• LOL 8

Just a wild guess... but I bet Captain Sandy wrote an introduction. Maybe something like:

"Bugsy rescued the dinner experience for our guests when she rescued them from the boring, empty tables that had previously been produced by our shitty Chief Stew Hannah. With her book as a guide, you too can turn your evening meals at home into a cluttered extravaganza and not have to fire your own stew for lack of imagination!"

• LOL 11
On 2/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, lcarolynl said:

Damn, I'm interested in that book! I love to see creative tablescapes and food plating. 

I hope my library carries it because I'm cheap.

Hannah was on WWHL last night. Andy asked her if she would buy the book and Hannah replied “no” and that she pays people to do her tablescapes now. Lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 3/23/2021 at 6:17 AM, Koalagirl said:

Hannah was on WWHL last night. Andy asked her if she would buy the book and Hannah replied “no” and that she pays people to do her tablescapes now. Lol

... which are presumably tasteful, and not party store crapfests. (SANDY.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

... which are presumably tasteful, and not party store crapfests. (SANDY.) 

Exactly. A "5 star" dining experience shouldn't look like Aunt Bugsme went nuts at Michaels and threw it all on the table.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I just checked out the images on the Amazon link and in the second picture, Bugsy has her feet up on some sort of upholstered furniture that abuts and is the same height as the table she has presumably "scaped."  

While her feet are not *on* the table, and while I don't have a big issue with feet in general if they're, y'know, on the ground or whatever,  I don't want them anywhere near my food!  

I will say I really like her necklace in the picture where she is holding a green goblet.  She sure likes pink and red, it seems.

Don't recall which season it was but BDM was based in Croatia?

Well here's a charter offer for a 7-night Split to Duvronik or vice versa starting at $1700 per couple in a cabin.

Spend 7 nights sailing the turquoise-blue Adriatic Sea aboard a luxe, intimate yacht that only holds up to 38 passengers. Catch some rays on the pool's sun deck or explore some of Croatia's most breathtaking beaches and charming towns.

Not only does this exclusive deal save Travelzoo members 30% on cruises, but it’s good for summer sailings in both 2021 and 2022.

What's Included

Cruises depart on Saturdays between June 5 - Oct. 9, 2021 and June 4 - Sept. 24, 2022

Sail for 7 nights from Dubrovnik to Split, or reverse

Zantium can arrange for a transfer back to original departure port, if desired

These prices are per person, based on two travelers sharing a cabin

$1649 ... sail aboard New Star, lower deck cabin

$1749 ... sail aboard Antaris, lower deck cabin

$1799 ... sail aboard New Star, main deck cabin

$2019 ... sail aboard Antaris, balcony cabin

Or, reserve the whole yacht for your group by paying a $6000 deposit now for a full charter sailing. The total discounted price is $30,000 for up to 26 people or $42,000 for up to 38 people. The balance is paid to Zantium Travel directly when booking your departure date. 

https://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/international/getaway/372043/?awc=6394_1618958177_f6b6a9260aecb61966a14814f07280d6&source=tzprtr01&partner=AWIN

It doesn't include dinners so it's not maybe the same private chef situation as shown on the BD shows.

But even if you rent out the whole boat, it's still a fraction of the hundreds of thousands per week which these super yacht charters are suppose to cost.  I think even BD or Bravo implied these very high costs as well.

These are 19-cabin yachts so maybe they're tiny, rather than the plush and spacious cabins on the BD yachts.  They're operating as mini cruise ships so you can be on board with over 30 strangers.

But again, renting out the whole boat with say 10 of your other friends wouldn't be unaffordable.

Plus you wouldn't have to sign waivers to Bravo for acting like jackasses on TV for them to make profits out of.😉

Edited by aghst
(edited)

There is an interview with Bugsy on 'Behind the Velvet Rope with David Yontef'.  Sounds like she won't return to Bravo unless she's a chief stew.  She says she wouldn't work with Lauren again.  When asked who she'd like to work with, she said, Kate, Eddie and Ben.  She's dating a fellow yachtie (that we wouldn't know) and he's trying to adjust to the 'bravo' stuff. 

Edited by KLJ
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Don't know if this is old news but Malia and Sandy are back for the new season of BDM.

Quelle surprise!

Bravo must have thrown a lot of money at her.

Australians aren't allowed to travel so this Bravo show is considered essential?

2 hours ago, aghst said:

Quelle surprise!

Bravo must have thrown a lot of money at her.

Australians aren't allowed to travel so this Bravo show is considered essential?

I thought Cap Sandy (bleh) and Malia (groan) are both American?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

I thought Cap Sandy (bleh) and Malia (groan) are both American?

Oh I got it mixed up, I was thinking of Hannah, who was last seen in Sydney when she appeared on WWHL.

So Hannah started out last season and was replaced by Bugsy.  Hannah said she was done so I thought this announcement was the she was back.

• Love 1